20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#205 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

750 Limited Edition games, I saw in the video. I assumed that meant 750 LE’s and there would be a “standard” edition, too.
Does anybody know for sure? 750-and-done would be....unfortunate.

Isn't that about double their average run though?
I'm not certain. But, I thought their runs are round 300-400.
So 750 is quite a big undertaking for them.
It's their step into the big time moment. I'm sure if this is successful they'll increase their future runs hopefully. But, wasn't TNA a huge deal and a huge hit and isn't the run at around 500. Again. If I'm wrong. Please just inform me.
But, how big are even sterns runs... Will there be 500 premiums for Elvira? We don't know the runs of today. But, they're not the runs of the 70s,80s, and 90s. I think a run of 2-3 k is a massive hit by todays standards. So 750, is a pretty good run. Sure, I think possibly 1k would be doable. But, again I think this is their biggest undertaking to date. So they probably want to just make certain they sell out.

I think this is a cool theme. Never watched the show, but I'll seen clips of it. And I plan on watching the show eventually. I think it'll make for a great theme. And I hope to play it somewhere, sometime, somehow.
So this hopefully will be Spooky's entrance to the big time.

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I think TNA was 550 total.

Okay... So I was close. And didn't they basically have the run for a year to meet their demand. Seemed like a long time. And just really great buzz for that game. So, all I was saying is. 750 is a lot for Spooky. And the good news is, they should be able to meet that demand. But, it will take time. I don't think they'll be able to release all 750 before Christmas.
But, as I said before this is a great thing for pinball. It means another company to challenge stern and JJP. Which I think will help the prices be more stable.

#232 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We consistently build 10 games a week at this point. We very rarely ever miss that mark anymore. We have done 500 a year the last 2 years. We dont plan on breaking that system for now. We have to be very careful as a small company. All of our guys are full time and they count on that paycheck to feed their families. If we get to the point where sales consistently demand we could expand easily. However you just never know how that next title is going to go over and how the market is going to be the next year. We never want to have a day at spooky pinball where we have to walk people to the door because we dont have work for them. It's just not what any of us are about. There are more important things than big numbers.

Sounds like you guys are a great company. Sounds like you value your employees as much as you value making quality pinball machines. And I think by extension means you value your customers money.
If you guys ever do a 2nd run of TNA, I hope to be able to get one. The stars did not align for me as I just had gotten into the hobby. But, a few years down the rode, if a 2nd run happens things will be different for me.

So health and wealth, and I hope Rick and Morty is a big success for you all!

2 months later
#10887 4 years ago

I know I'm late to the party. But, I just saw the gameplay footage of this machine. And it looks really awesome. I like the animations and callouts. Never watched the show, but I think I would really enjoy it. So I might actually start to watch it... The only bummer is, I don't see these machines coming up for sale too often, and when/if they do, they're going to be snatched up quickly.

Loved the pickle rick mode in the game. Just too much fun. Loved the mech suit pickle sequence and then fighting the rats. Man... This game looks amazing. As I think the magna save will be cool, and the layout is just the right amount of uniqueness to it, and I like how the lock can be a super fast orbit, and then turns into the ball lock.

Wow... I might regret not trying to put money and get a down payment on this game. As I don't see Stern releasing a theme I want for a good bit(not stern bashing I own a Maiden and Elvira.... Just I doubt if any more dream themes for me are coming from them). I was saving my money for the 4th CGC remake. But, who knows when/if that will be coming anytime soon.

This might be the game of 2020.

2 weeks later
#11435 4 years ago

Well. I laughed so much during the pickle rick modes when I watched the streams of gameplay, that I decided to buy seasons 1-3 on bluray.
And in just 2 days I watched all of season 1.

WOW!!!

That is one funny show. Can't wait to watch the rest of it.
Now, I am bummed that I'll never be able to own this pin.
Because, I think the layout is awesome, and I like the theme integration, and I love the concept of magna saves and this one I think might be the best concept to date for one.

Real homerun I think for Spooky.

#11439 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Never say never.
There will be opportunities for people. If you are serious, just start saving and maybe put out some feelers. Lots can happen to affect someone's ability to complete the purchase in the next 18 months. And I am sure more than a few people will get theirs and decide they want the next hot pin.
Patience. Hopefully you will be able to find one or two to play in the wild to tide you over.

Yeah... But, it'll cost me. And I don't believe in paying extra now just to get the privilege of buying. This is a solid pin for a fair price.

But, I'm not interested in paying 1k, 2k,3k just to have the privilege of then buying it. I could get a fun gottlieb beater for that price(no place to put it in my home, but my brother might enjoy one).
We'll see how it goes on teh secondary market.

Hell... With a slam dunk homerun touchdown that this has been for spooky... They might bring it back in 2-3 years. Never say never.

#11446 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

What's with all the hope and dreams people have that more are going to be made? I just don't get it. What don't people understand that 750 and that's it. Spooky said if they made more Rick and Morty pins it would be a totally different machine from top to bottom. So you say never say never. Well Spooky already said Never ever will we make more than 750 ever... ever.... ever...

You could be right. But, sometimes companies will mislead you, or won't tell you the whole truth.
I don't always tell my fans or customers what comics will be coming next, or that I am working on. I like to keep somethings close to the vest. And its just smart that way, when you're an even bigger business. Why tell anyone any of your far off plans. It could hurt your future growth. Always focus on the now in regards to your fans and what you tell them. Telling them about the future, just means they might hold onto their money and wait, for a future that might never come.

Its simple business to me. If they can re license the theme and sell more of an existing asset that they already did the pre-production and development costs.
Then they would be silly to write it off.

They might not be able to. CN might never agree to that.

And maybe 3-4 years from now. Or 5. I'll be able to pick one up for a reasonable rate. Its all good.

#11449 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

He said they would never.
I take people for their word.
When people break their word, I tend not to do business with them.
So at this point I believe making more (or going back on his word,) would be bad business

And its very likely they may never make anymore.

I don't come to pinside to argue about what the future might be. I stumbled onto Rick and Morty very late to the party.
Its a great show, and looks to be a great pinball machine. I had the money for this pin, but I decided not to even try to get one. Now, I'm a bit upset at that decision of mine.
As the more I think of it the more I'd like to own it. But, it sold out so quickly. I doubt I would have been able to secure a place anyway.

That is what people should be focusing on. and 750... Not the rarest of machines out there. I think this machine should hold its value well for people. No doubt early flippers might make a small profit, or at least break even on taxes and shipping paid.

Lets just agree. That this is a cool pin, and lets also hope a few locations get it, for the ones of us who may never get the chance to own it.

#11453 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

There is no argument. You don't get it. Go back and do some reading of reasons in the thread.
It aint going to happen bro. 100%

I do get it.
And I moved on. I'm keeping my posts positive. I don't get why all you guys want to hound people. When we're talking about a pinball machine. We all are excited about.

You all are focusing on a few sentences of something I wrote in one post.

MOVE ON!
I don't care.
If this is how you all want to treat people. Then I don't care about this machine. Sorry I thought this was a cool thread to be active on.

Game looks awesome. Theme is awesome, show is awesome.

#11455 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Take a trip to Florida bud. I got you...

If I'm ever in Florida I might take you up on your offer. I'm a bit of a hermit and I don't like taking long trips.
Mainly because I hate flying, and I've been in so many severe car crashes that I really don't enjoy driving either.

I do wonder if there will be a Rick and Morty at the Midwest Gaming Classic this year. I should be going to that one.

I just hope it doesn't snow. Last two years it snowed that weekend. And 2 years ago it was so icy my brother lost control of his truck and we hit the concrete embankment on the side of the interstate. No one was injured, the truck was wrecked.
And it turned what should have been a fun day into crap.
And last year it just made my drive home a bit more white knuckled than I would prefer.
So I'd really like it to be NO SNOW!

Thanks for the invite again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 300.00
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=Diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.