20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Davidus56.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#218 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

A paradigm shift in pinball Theme and possible game changer. While the Industry Leader caters to boomers someone
else takes a chance on a title that caters to a younger crowd.

A younger crowd? I’m an old geezer and I friggin love Rick and Morty. This game caters to the erudite crowd.

#221 4 years ago

I LOVE RICK AND MORTY. KNOCK THIS ONE OUT OF THE PARK, PLEASE!

#244 4 years ago

Rick and Morty will be the first pinball game people see when they enter my pinball recreation barn...
3E8321AE-5363-4D55-B9F9-C587C82DA6A5 (resized).jpeg3E8321AE-5363-4D55-B9F9-C587C82DA6A5 (resized).jpeg

Thank you, thank you, thank you for doing this theme. I love youz guys!

#253 4 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I think it’s good they’re using a theme that seems to be appealing to a younger audience than the usual ones (Munsters, Elvira, etc.) I was really excited for Spooky’s next pin after ACNC, and I’m still interested in giving it a look, but doubt I’ll be a buyer. I’ve never watched the show and don’t know that I’ll start now. But it sure seems that they’re onto something judging by all the fanboy reaction!

If you love science at all, especially quantum physics, Rick and Morty is a must watch show. Just a little primer on the weirdness (spooky interactions at a distance) of quantum reality...

#278 4 years ago

Now that Rick and Morty is debuting, I understand the real reason for the name Spooky pinball. It must be based on entanglement as ‘pondered’ by Einstein. “Spooky action at a distance”. https://www.nationalgeographic.com.au/videos/fabric-of-the-cosmos/einsteins-spooky-action-at-a-distance-3665.aspx

#395 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

This show isn't really something you can get an impression of through clips. There's a lot of hidden stuff in the plot lines as well. If the clips you were referring to are the ones I linked they don't really portray what the show is at all.

Rick and Morty is dark physics humor. You have to be somewhat literate (erudite) to get it. Anyone who thinks the show is stupid is probably a very imagine-less, boring person in real life. The opportunity for Spooky is to use the massive number of witty truisms in various call outs. There are so many, they can probably have several games without repeating themselves. Honestly, first time I watched Rick and Morty I was stupefied at how clever the dialogue was. Brilliant!

#400 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I saw it for the first time last week. Horrible / crude show. Unwatchable in my view. This title would never make it into my home.

Your IQ has to be above 100 to appreciate the wry humor.

#688 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.
And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

I’m an old geezer who gets Rick and loves the humor. But then again, I’m a theoretical physicist... or is it theatrical physicist? I get them confused. Actually, I could be a theoretical physicist in one of the multiverses.... true dat!

3 weeks later
#6150 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I got mine ready to go. It has many functions, I wonder if leveling a pinball machine is one of them?[quoted image]

Wait! This is going to have a Plumbus!?! I’ve got grandkids playing these games for god sake! This is way too dangerous..., and irresponsible.

A94D41AB-D7EF-4830-9377-D534085C7A5E (resized).jpegA94D41AB-D7EF-4830-9377-D534085C7A5E (resized).jpeg
#6469 4 years ago
Quoted from shakenbake:

I will be bringing mine to TPF if they need one there. Very early reservation so it should be done in time.

How do you find out your reservation number? I have no idea where I’m at.

#6543 4 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

This shirt has Ted written all over it.[quoted image]

Is that shirt for real? I need me one of those!

2 weeks later
#8147 4 years ago
Quoted from Jethrodog:

Ya know, as a guy that just joined pinside, didn't know this community even existed until 6 months ago when I got an old machine to fix up, I may as well throw my 2 cents in.
I love Rick and Morty! My 13, almost 14 year old showed it to me, and I'm a huge fan. Yeah, I know it's not a kid's show, but at that age, well, it's funny and smart, he could be into worse stuff...
But he's not into pinball. My 18 yr old niece wasn't even sure what a pinball machine was. I recently met a 30something that has the high score on a local Attack from Mars and they were shocked to learn that leagues even existed.
What I'm getting at is, most people don't even have pinball on their radar. It's a super niche thing. I hope that can change. Seems to be getting more trendy, and Rick and Morty should be a home run!
I hope most of those machines get into public places, not hidden in basements like exotic cars that don't get driven, and I'll happily throw $$ into them! Don't get me wrong, I'd like one in my basement too, but not gonna happen.
Just a couple thoughts from an outside perspective. Hope the game's a hit, and oh yeah, Spooky? Just learned about em, TNA is a fun game, and ON WISCONSIN!

I think video games are replacing everything. ESports is eroding NFL viewership. I play backgammon, but that is dying. Young people are just interested in the twitch fest of Fortnite and such. What else is slowly dying? Shuffleboard, pinball, bridge. Sigh.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 13,500.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Davidus56.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=Davidus56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.