20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts matching search word(s) "Family mode".
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#175 4 years ago

Let's see what's going on with Pinside tonight.... WHOA! Was it something we said?

Working closely with the license ... more stuff to come soon. I will confirm this, game will have A FAMILY MODE! And it's gonna need it.

Peace among worlds...

#192 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Let's see what's going on with Pinside tonight.... WHOA! Was it something we said?
Working closely with the license ... more stuff to come soon. I will confirm this, game will have A FAMILY MODE! And it's gonna need it.
Peace among worlds...

Thank you for the family mode. I’m in for one, and I was assuming I’d just have to keep the table off when my kids were around.

If there’s a Mr Poopy Butthole on this table and my 7-year-old asks about it.... oh man.

#233 4 years ago

Gonna keep a close eye on this. The family mode makes it at least a possibility. I'd hate to have to ban my kids from the game room.

#366 4 years ago

FEATURE REQUEST INCOMING:

Since Justin loves doing the voice work for like, everything obviously, Im sure you will make the family mode pretty freaking hilarious in its own way. Not just a beep fest of the og track, which would also be a funny option as well.

Ive followed Roiland for a long time and this is such good news. Im so hyped you guys.

#426 4 years ago

So... What are the chances this will have a family mode.

Rick and Morty is a show I feel like I'd really enjoy if it wasn't so filthy. Justin Roiland always makes me laugh and I always laugh when my friends tell me about stuff in the show, but I just can't stand the swearing and adult jokes. Would love it there was a family mode, but somehow I get the feeling there won't be one.

#427 4 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Rick and Morty is a show I feel like I'd really enjoy if it wasn't so filthy. Justin Roiland always makes me laugh and I always laugh when my friends tell me about stuff in the show, but I just can't stand the swearing and adult jokes. Would love it there was a family mode, but somehow I get the feeling there won't be one.

Charlie confirmed that there will be a family mode

#429 4 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Charlie has confirmed that it will have a family mode.

#432 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tq=Family+mode&tu=

Maybe they'll have a "no humor" mode too, for all the humorless, uptight geezers.

#440 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

If someone wants to put this on route I'm not sure all establishments would be ok with a game saying fuck or shit all the time. For some reason bars and breweries have become playgrounds.

Not a problem.
Rob Zombie has a ton of four letter words in the call outs etc.
On that game there is a family mode setting that you can turn on if you want.
It even has an automated timer kind of feature where the game will go into adult mode after a certain time.
We have ours set to 9:00 so it gets pretty vulgar after the kids are in bed.

#516 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

After Watching the clips posted here. Theres no way in hell Stern would do this theme. Wayyyyy to vulgar with the language and content.
Spooky is definitely the ones to show they are willing to do a title justice when it comes to that.
So spooky was perfect for R+M.

Stern did:

South Park with a carpet munching mode.
Sopranos with F F F F F constantly.
Family Guy with tons of profanity, anal jokes, abortion jokes, etc.
Metallica with “Jack-fuckin’-pot!”
TWD with gore galore.

Stern has no problem with adult games if the licensor approves.

1 week later
#2666 4 years ago

Greetings Spooky Pinball customers, and WELCOME to the many of you who have joined our brand new Fang Club!!!

For those who haven't done so already just use this link and come join the fun!
http://shop.spookypinball.com/Spooky-Pinball-Fang-Club-Memberships_c_14.html

Well the news you've all been waiting for is FINALLY HERE!!! Yes, here is the trailer for the Rick and Morty Pinball reveal.

SALES FOR FANG CLUB MEMBERS WILL OPEN ON MONDAY 12-16-19 AT 9:00 A.M. CENTRAL. You can get a game by reaching out to your favorite Spooky Pinball LLC distributor, or by going to this link at our new webstore to buy direct from Spooky Pinball LLC: http://shop.spookypinball.com/Pinball-Machines_c_13.html

Price is $6995 .... The Blood Suckers edition is an additional $525 if you choose that upgrade. With no expense spared on the design, many quality updgrades, video, music, speech, and a HUGE custom speech package from star and co-creater of Rick and Morty, Justin Roiland, we feel this is one VERY special game at a great price!

Just give your distributor your name, address, and mention you are a Fang Club member to purchase from them. Simple!

When the webstore runs out of stock, you'll need to search out a distributor for their stock. They have their allotments, and Spooky has ours already in place.

We understand the demand may outweigh the supply on this incredibly popular title! Please be patient and your best bet is to buy early.

Sales for the general public will open at 9 a.m. on December 30th, 2019.

ALL FANG CLUB BLOOD SUCKER EDITION GAMES WILL BE BUILT FIRST! We've already ordered the metal and powdercoat for the first run of these games and they will be done in order. BLOOD SUCKER EDITION GAMES WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR 1 MONTH FROM THE LAUNCH DATE!! On January 16th, they will be gone forever and become standard package games.

YOU CAN BUY A STANDARD GAME AT THIS TIME AS WELL... the only differences are cosmetic (no gameplay / playfield feature differences!), but please be aware your standard games will be built AFTER the Fang Club / Blood Sucker games.

Please remember... when you make your initial payment, you are committing to buy a custom game made to your specifications from Spooky Pinball LLC. BUY WITH CONFIDENCE! If you can't complete your purchase it is up to you to find a buyer for your game.

All add-ons such as lighted speaker kits, knockers, shakers, plastic protectors, and best of the the BEAUTIFUL Butter cabinets will be shown and offered shortly before your game is ready to ship to you. No need to address those items at this time.

If we sell all 750 games, the estimated build time is 18 months from start to finish... AND WE START BUILDING IN JUST A FEW SHORT DAYS, RIGHT AFTER CHRISTMAS BREAK!!!

We think you'll love the design Scott Danesi has given the world to go with the coolest TV show in decades. We've improved quality in everything from the electronics to the back box lighting and a MUCH improved speaker / display panel for super easy access. Can't wait to get these games out in the wild so you can see what we've created.

We apologize for not getting full mode / gameplay videos out farther in advance, but we'll be doing MUCH more of this in the very near future! Such is the life of a small pinball company with a huge license on our hands.

Thank you for supporting our small family based business... AND GET READY FOR SOME INTERDIMENSIONAL PINBALL MADNESS WITH RICK AND MORTY!!!

Attachments area

Preview YouTube video Rick and Morty Pinball Full Reveal - Spooky PInball LLC

Rick and Morty Pinball Full Reveal - Spooky PInball LLC

#3510 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:Apologies if this has been asked already, but does anyone know if this machine will be "R" rated with its callouts like the show? Or more family friendly? Or maybe selectable in the settings??
That could be a make or break feature for some. Myself included.
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Peace among worlds...

Family Mode confirmed.

#4408 4 years ago

Idea:

Co-op Mode where each player is a member of the family. Player 4 is always Jerry because fuck player number 4.

#4695 4 years ago

@epthegeek: What's the chance of getting a time-of-day based family mode setting, for locations which are open to all ages during daytime, but only to adults in the evening?

1 week later
#6033 4 years ago

I solved your bash toy problem.

Using this image (photo 1) as inspiration, I need you to imagine that Rick is not holding open Morty's Eyes, but he's holding open Morty's BUTTHOLE. Yes. Butthole bash toy. The butthole being held open is easily staged above the center scoop kickout, below the spaceship.

Now, I actually drew this up, butt I wouldn't want to offend anyone with a picture of a held open butthole if they're not expecting adult mode when they come here looking for spot numbers or invoice time stamps.

So I'm thinking we can cover the held open butthole with a miniature movie screen. This screen will stay up while in family mode, but in adult mode, the center of the screen will fold down (in seed smuggler mode) and create a ramp so that you can pound the butthole with balls ( mega seeds).

Just imagine Morty looking back over his shoulder (on the display) as you pound his ass with balls (mega seeds). Whimpering as the balls smash his ass. Rick giving you shit about your horrible aim and telling you to hurry up and get those seeds in the butthole. You need to get 2 seeds in the butthole.

The screen/ramp can just have a static image on it from season 4 episode 3 where Morty is pitching his show idea to the folks at Netfix.

You're welcome.

Screenshot_20191226-141648_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191226-141648_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191226-142230_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191226-142230_Gallery (resized).jpg
#6351 4 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

From the podcast it sounds like the callouts and ability to adjust randomness of vulgarity is going to be great.

Love how the "Family Mode" or "vulgarity" setting is a Percentage! ... and sounds like it can be turned on and off by simply opening the coin door and hitting the start button.

#6400 4 years ago

#235 here! After listening to Scott's interview on the Slap Save podcast, I can't wait to hear play around with the gradients of family friendly mode. Though I'm sure I'll be playing it on 100% adult for a while. Also, Joe at PinballStar is the man. This is my second purchase from him, and he seems to do everything he can to make it fair. Really looking forward to making a trip up to Spooky to pick this baby up in the summer!

#6749 4 years ago

Some detail on the 'family mode' filtering.

Some of the callouts are just something you wouldn't want to say in front of children; like the masturbation joke Scott's mentioned in some interviews. It's not REALLY cursing, it's just not family friendly really. In those cases, the filter replaces that line with an alternate.

For lines that just have cursing in them, most of the time the 'clean' version is just 'bleeped' like it does on TV.

In a very small number of cases, the cursing is clearly separated from the other words and it just gets removed for the clean one.

And this bit I posted before:

There's a quick toggle on the front page of the service menu (Enter service menu and hold the launch button and it will swap between your current setting and "off")

AND

There's also a time based option you can turn on and then set a START and END time. In between START and END, the swearing is forced to OFF, outside of that, it goes to whatever your current setting is for the filter.

This is the front page of the service mode - shows the Current active setting and details:
timed_off (resized).pngtimed_off (resized).png

This is the time frame editor utility:
updated (resized).pngupdated (resized).png

#7007 4 years ago

epthegeek i stand corrected, i was miss informed. I was thinking of another more fascist dimension.

I recently implemented a knocker for a lock ball notification, is a fun use of a rarely used item (my home-brew no company affiliation).

My wife is pretty supportive, and helps load. Also keeps me honest when buying games.

I plan on placing Rick an Morty in a new brewery location, fairly large and the pins will be separated from the bar by some space. i believe it will be quiet enough to enjoy the games we have out there. But it will be a family friendly environment, i wish there could be a clock based adult mode, or even more complex after 22:00 a left flipper and start enables adult callouts for one game. to allow some to enjoy the full game.

Whew caught up again...

#7132 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

That's just because of the rarity of the callout, not how "dirty" it is.
I just don't see any words as "dirty", just a sound wave nothing more really. The only thing that really offends me is censorship.
But I do stand corrected, looks like this is a feature people actually want.

It's not just that, it also has to do with accessing a larger pool of callouts. ANY callout gets old if you hear it too often. Putting the setting on a mix broadens the number of clips you can hear.

For example, I have RZ. I typically have it set on adult mode. But there are "family" mode clips that are still good/funny. Occasionally I'll set it to family mode for a while to hear different audio. I've been asking for a while to have a setting that puts all audio in one pool and pulls from it for greater diversity. This is the benefit of the mixed audio setting vs just being an on/off switch.

#7505 4 years ago

This thread must be in Family mode as I haven't heard a single censorship Bleep.

#8021 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You say you've watched the show....the pin is like the show....

Oh, there is a family mode, of course. Never mind.

#8299 4 years ago

It has the same system as ACNC so quality is amazing. The music and callouts are what you would expect from watching show, it's R&M in pinball form. Scott's music blends seamlessly and I can't tell one from another. Unfortunately the callouts were in full family mode so we didn't get the full Rick experience. Understandable for Eric to turn it off after all this time with Rick. What we did hear was funny and let you know exactly what to do. The upgraded screen shines and has perfect video playback, no tearing like ACNC. Scenes are full featured and fit well with each mode. There was so much to take in that it became overwhelming and this was just the prototype. Firsthand with a production unit will be amazing and that's why I want to keep this simple.

1 week later
#8921 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Player: hits Noob Noob target
Pin: "Goooodddd dammmmnnnn"

Or if the family friendly mode is on:
"Gosh Darn !!!"

1 week later
#10327 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I think Bug was just making a joke about the pickle on rat violence insinuating that because of the graphic depiction of rodent murder by a pickle that maybe this mode should be limited to adult-only settings.

IMHO the subject material with this theme is totally unsuitable for kids, regardless of whether you remove the swearing or not. Rick's relationship with Morty and others is completely toxic. It's all in good edgy fun for adults but you need to have a level of maturity that kids simply lack to discern the layers here. Just my opinion, of course, and I'm far from a prude, but I would NOT let my kids younger than 14 or so watch this show at all.

I guess we'll have to see what the Family Mode actually presents to judge, but it's hard to imagine how the adventures can be made "safe" enough for kids will still having enough "there" to base a game on.

#10329 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

IMHO the subject material with this theme is totally unsuitable for kids, regardless of whether you remove the swearing or not. Rick's relationship with Morty and others is completely toxic. It's all in good edgy fun for adults but you need to have a level of maturity that kids simply lack to discern the layers here. Just my opinion, of course, and I'm far from a prude, but I would NOT let my kids younger than 14 or so watch this show at all.
I guess we'll have to see what the Family Mode actually presents to judge, but it's hard to imagine how the adventures can be made "safe" enough for kids will still having enough "there" to base a game on.

My impression is "family mode" is strictly related to beeping out the swearing and/or alternate callouts and does not alter the video assets in any way. I am sure epthegeek can clarify / elaborate.

1 week later
#11268 4 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

There will be one at Lyman's Tavern in DC next week.
Don't know if it's close enough for you but they also have an Alien and other great pins, so may be worth a trip.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

So the game at Lyman's (in D.C.) is definitely up and running. I went there for lunch today and played four games. Got killed in three of them and had a decent game four with multi-ball. I don't know the fricking rules to save my life but the multi-ball was fun and the call outs are great (thought those with little ones or the easily offended about will want to run family friendly mode). Four games does not a review make but just a couple of observations:

1. The game played like a Scott Denesi. Very fast and scoops fire the ball out reminiscent of TNA. The pop bumper in place of a sling on the left side is pretty novel. This is not a slow paced game. Had quite a few SDTM's when I didn't get enough juice to power it up the left ramp. I tilted three times trying to slap save or nudge.
2. I didn't miss not having any bash toys. Like ACNC, I was too busy trying to keep the ball in play to notice.
3. The guy before me had a ball drain not register. Only way to get the game going again was a power re-cycle. This did not happen to me but it did happen again to the guy who played after my final game. I'm thinking probably a roll over switch adjustment. Lyman's is a league location so I'm sure they will sort it out.
4. The chili hotdogs were good. The beer was cold. Another great afternoon at Lyman's.

3 months later
#12065 3 years ago

I’m most likely going to put my RaM on location where there is a BUNCH of kids ...wondering if there is family mode and how clean that may be. Any input is helpful!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Trade
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 300.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts matching search word(s) "Family mode".
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tq=Family+mode&tu= and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.