20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 246.
#4751 4 years ago

I'm excited as hell for this game. It will be my first Spooky game, and it looks like I picked a wild place to jump in. Waiting will be tough due to how cool and unique this game looks. Judging on how much I enjoyed TNA the few times I have seen it out on route and enjoyed it, the wait will be worth it.

The purple powder coat looks fantastic, and the ball lock looks super cool. I am also happy to read about the magna save being drained only as long as you press the button. I have gotten frustrated in the past with wasting a magna save by accidentally brushing the button lightly in a slap save or other scenario.

#4752 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

Since this thread seems to be in feature request mode.... How about a "practice" mode that, with a different start sequence (e.g. holding in magnasave button when pressing start), lets the player pick a mode\multiball to play outside of a normal game?
I believe Wrath of Olympus has something similar and it's always seemed like a spectacular way to play\practice modes that are deeper into a ruleset.

I'd rather be surprised as fuck that I made it that far in game (which I wont as i'm awful at pinball) and then go HOLY FUCK, what it this!?!?! this is unreal! When/if I get to one of those modes.

#4755 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I'd rather be surprised as fuck that I made it that far in game (which I wont as i'm awful at pinball) and then go HOLY FUCK, what it this!?!?! this is unreal! When/if I get to one of those modes.

Yes, I love this feeling in pinball. You gotta grind to get good/lucky enough to get to a cool mode, then try not to choke when you get there. It adds so much excitement and leaves me feeling like I'm always chasing a mystery. It keeps the game fresh and interesting. I've been casually coming back to my LOTR, chasing the end game modes and it is very exciting.

#4756 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You all are crazy if you think this is just going to magically go off without a hitch. There will be part problems, line problems, quality problems that slow production down. Just plan on waiting an indefinite amount of time if you aren't numbers 1-50. A quality product with a fleshed out code is way more important than getting immediate satisfaction of a rushed product.

this isnt the deeproot thread

#4757 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

There is no magnet on the left side. That plate is in there to help guide the ball smoothly into the inlane or if bouncing from side to side, will slow the ball down. I was originally going to put a small U shaped wireform in there but this looked better. There are 2 "settings" that can be configured in this left inlane by using a rubber or not.
1: No mini post rubber: very fast entry to the left inlane and fast delivery to left flipper
2: 3/8 OD mini post rubber (pictured in video): slowed down entry and delivery to left flipper
You could also be super brutal and take out the mini post completely. This would be a fast entry and would widen the crap out of the left outlane. Whatever the option, this little angled plate does serve a purpose. You can see in the video how it slows down the ball to deliver it to the flipper. I am torn whether or not I will remove the mini post rubber on my personal game.
--Scott

Now that you say that, I can see where it hits the post and the shim thing to cause the ball to go left and right and slow down. Very cool little gizmo. I wonder how it will hold up over time...

#4758 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

this isnt the deeproot thread

For sure! I was going to ask if he had bought another recent Spooky game. lol.

#4759 4 years ago

So... you have the ball cradled on the right flipper and want to shoot the right orbit (which you can't hit from that flipper). How do you get the ball to the left flipper? Would a post pass work on this machine?

219ea97e423e3d202df9a78b5d06093e479283c1 (resized).jpg219ea97e423e3d202df9a78b5d06093e479283c1 (resized).jpg
#4760 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

So... you have the ball cradled on the right flipper and want to shoot the right orbit (which you can't hit from that flipper). How do you get the ball to the left flipper? Would a post pass work on this machine?[quoted image]

backhand the right side of the rick and morty u-turn shot, or shatz it.

#4761 4 years ago

So... you have the ball cradled on the right flipper and want to shoot the right orbit (which you can't hit from that flipper). How do you get the ball to the left flipper? Would a post pass work on this machine?[quoted image]

Try a gentle tap pass

#4762 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

The Anti-gravity Device (magnasave) works in a really cool old school way on this game. You charge the anti-gravity device using the captive ball (Flooble Crank Post). If you need to use the magnet to save a ball from the outlane, you can tap or hold the secondary button on the right side of the cabinet. The magnet will activate for as long as you hold it and as long as you have charge left. It is 100% time to charge based. You can conserve the charge by tapping, but if you get in a bad situation, you can press and hold and attempt to gain control and drop it down the inlane. This is my personal favorite way that magnasaves are implemented and I have not seen it done like this in a while. There is no exposed core, so pressing and holding is not a guarantee that you will save the ball. I usually just tap it away from the outlane and some of the time, it will flip back up and over the sling back into play.
Sorry for the lengthy responses.
--Scott

I like this way too. My Grand Lizard is the same. If you hold the button, it will drain multiple saves, but I love your battery meter implementation.

#4763 4 years ago

Pick the right of the machine up and gently tilt it left.

#4764 4 years ago

Invent the Pop Pass.

#4765 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

Since this thread seems to be in feature request mode.... How about a "practice" mode that, with a different start sequence (e.g. holding in magnasave button when pressing start), lets the player pick a mode\multiball to play outside of a normal game?
I believe Wrath of Olympus has something similar and it's always seemed like a spectacular way to play\practice modes that are deeper into a ruleset.

Like GB Are you a God mode.

#4766 4 years ago

Question: diverter (right orbit shot) can send ball to inner loop (spinner) or to portal hole. The upper flipper shot to the left orbit will always go to the portal??

I’m curious because the shot to the portal from the upper flipper has an insert saying portal ready so I’m curious what happens if the portal is not ready?

#4767 4 years ago

I’m curious because the shot to the portal from the upper flipper has an insert saying portal ready so I’m curious what happens if the portal is not ready?

Short orbit?

I think it happens in one of the vids.

#4768 4 years ago

I bought a BSE version and all I can say is that this game release should be used as a marketing class case study. I've been in the hobby for about 15 years and I've never seen 750 pinball machines sell out so quickly. Also keep in mind that another 30 grand or so was brought in from the fang club memberships.

#4769 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballphotos:

A reverse dimension, where the right flipper bottom activates the left one and the left does the right one.

What is it with you people? This has been done to death and ISN'T FUN. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

#4770 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Freudian slip?

That’s my favourite position , don’t skimp on the butter though with this one

#4771 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Short orbit?
I think it happens in one of the vids.

I don’t know what short orbit means. Also there is only one video that shows the upper flipper shot to portal. Not sure if Charley mentions this on his video.

#4772 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

PS: I believe the actual answer is the ball returns to your left flipper, just like when the portal is ready. You just wouldn't change dimensions.

#4773 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I like this way too. My Grand Lizard is the same. If you hold the button, it will drain multiple saves, but I love your battery meter implementation.

I believe Jungle Lord was the first to have magna-save with timed user control.

#4774 4 years ago

Drain

#4775 4 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

I bought a BSE version and all I can say is that this game release should be used as a marketing class case study. I've been in the hobby for about 15 years and I've never seen 750 pinball machines sell out so quickly. Also keep in mind that another 30 grand or so was brought in from the fang club memberships.

I recall MM remake LE was on target to sell out not sure but once they announced non limit (standard game) the intensity wore off and people dropped out when there was too much delay and since there was no penalty to drop out.

To be honest I can not understand anyone who got a standard RM because the price of BS edition $520 is quite small and you get the game sooner. In fact if Spooky just sold first 100 game front of the line option at $1000 extra would probably have sold out that.

#4776 4 years ago

I have it from a good source that the order numbering is almost sorted out. Let me just say that I was a late order of a BSE and my projected machine number is a REALLY high number. Let’s just say that I might not be seeing this until we’re fairly deep into 2021. Good thing I’m patient as hell. By my math, standard editions account for less than 9% total.

#4777 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

What is it with you people? This has been done to death and ISN'T FUN. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Its just a thought...Its called "Freedom of Expression".

#4778 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I have it from a good source that the order numbering is almost sorted out. Let me just say that I was a late order of a BSE and my projected machine number is a REALLY high number. Let’s just say that I might not be seeing this until we’re fairly deep into 2021. Good thing I’m patient as hell. By my math, standard editions account for less than 9% total.

I'm like 749 or something. There were three left when I joined the Fang Club and ordered.

#4779 4 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

I'm like 749 or something. There were three left when I joined the Fang Club and ordered.

Good call. The last one off the line will have all the annoying bugs worked out.

#4780 4 years ago

The nerdery is outfitted and ready to go.

D02A6513-987C-4C1E-8CD4-210C92700E5C (resized).jpegD02A6513-987C-4C1E-8CD4-210C92700E5C (resized).jpeg
#4781 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballphotos:

Its just a thought...Its called "Freedom of Expression"

I know, let's have Freedom of Expression Multiball!

#4782 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

What is it with you people? This has been done to death and ISN'T FUN.

I enjoy reverse flippers in the proper context, and with a generous ball save when they transition back. "Done to death" is a bit of an overstatement. How many games have ever done it? I can think of three. Four if you count Cactus Canyon Continued.

#4783 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Wonder if your 'source' might know how many are going to be domestic, and how many overseas? I'm not sure if Canada would be considered domestic

#4784 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackster:

Wonder if your 'source' might know how many are going to be domestic, and how many overseas? I'm not sure if Canada would be considered domestic

#4785 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don’t know what short orbit means.

An orbit shot from the upper flipper.

I think it passes through the garage and back to the same flipper if the Portal is not ready.

#4786 4 years ago

I’d like to see a limited flip count mode

#4787 4 years ago

The dimension idea I've like the most is a electromechanical dimension, where the lights turn to warm white and the sounds are all chimes.

#4788 4 years ago

So... you have the ball cradled on the right flipper and want to shoot the right orbit (which you can't hit from that flipper). How do you get the ball to the left flipper? Would a post pass work on this machine?

From other pictures, it looked like the star post on both sides are in the same spot. So I figured post passes will work, I guess we'll see when these machines start getting played.

#4789 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I’d like to see a limited flip count mode

After playing the one on your CCC for the first time every machine should have a limited flip count party mode.

#4790 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

The dimension idea I've like the most is a electromechanical dimension, where the lights turn to warm white and the sounds are all chimes.

I would love any variation of this. Even if it just decreased the strength of the pop and sling (and the warm white lights). Although there has been no shortage of brilliant ideas already considered internally at Spooky so who am I to say.

#4791 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Please make this happen!

#4792 4 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

decreased the strength of the pop and sling

Yeah, that seems appropriate as well.

#4793 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

How familiar ARE you with the Gear Wars?

#4794 4 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

After playing the one on your CCC for the first time every machine should have a limited flip count party mode.

LOL. after watching all the 'pro' videos I think there should be a mode that limits time to cradle to like 1-2 seconds.

#4795 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

LOL. after watching all the 'pro' videos I think there should be a mode that limits time to cradle to like 1-2 seconds.

This.

I really think that multiballs should now have a sliding multiplier that is in itself a hurryup between switch hits. So you can raise the multiplier ceiling within the rule set (up to 10x? 20x? dunno, not the point), but it resets to the ceiling (let's say 5X) when a switch is hit then QUICKLY rolls down to 1X in a matter of 1-3 seconds in an accelerating fashion (so the countdown accelerates if it's a large ceiling) unless another switch is hit, which resets it to the ceiling again. So you have to keep making switch hits to keep juggling the multiplier up, and the same switch or two switches hit within a short window won't reset the multiplier, either to prevent cradlers from gaming the system - it has to be disparate switches.

This would discourage the boring practice of cradling and make tournament play much more exciting to watch. You can keep cradling if you're into MPG, but you're going to go a lot further a lot faster by playing the game and juggling the multiball mode decisively. Cradling will kill your scores in the above framework.

And I prefer this setup to something like no-hold flippers because it leaves it in the player's hands when to hold or when to keep the balls moving instead of being forced never to hold while that disability is active.

#4796 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

To be honest I can not understand anyone who got a standard RM because the price of BS edition $520 is quite small and you get the game sooner. In fact if Spooky just sold first 100 game front of the line option at $1000 extra would probably have sold out that.

I got a standard because
1. I wanted a middle-of-the-run game (like 250-500 ideally) due to possibly moving in the next few months, and drastically underestimated how many people would get BSE's
2. I much prefer the standard grey armor to the purple. Figured I'd save the 500 bucks, and now that the standard is the rarer game I'm guessing the resale value for the two will be close to the same too (as I'm sure at least some others feel the same as me).

I'm a little annoyed at being a year and a half away from playing R+M but oh well, I'll still be just as excited the day it shows up. I'm just glad I got one coming

#4797 4 years ago

One of the things I appreciate most about WOZ are the various flipper modes (no hold, weak, reversed). Of the three, reversed is the most challenging, maybe too challenging - I don’t know. It’s the last of those modes to come up so I rarely get a chance to practice it. Weak flippers are kinda interesting in that they mess with your ability to make/time shots. No hold flippers is my favorite. I like it that everything is still full forward strength but the no hold function demands a much higher level of on the fly accuracy from the player. I sincerely hope to see multiple flipper behaviors on R&M. Again, I truly believe that the work to make this a memorable masterpiece that could cement Spooky’s position in the pinball pantheon of greatness will be how far they push the code. It is VERY promising that they seem accessible to and engaged with their customer/fan base and seem open to suggestions. Such a smart way to run a company! (And fun, too, I imagine.) What better way to deliver the game people want than to listen and adapt while finishing the most adaptable aspect of the product?

#4798 4 years ago

i was around order 70 on the site and just got a message that i'm around 350 in line, dunno how the math works out on that. kinda bummed but oh well.

#4799 4 years ago
F92B5093-7D16-4F6B-B4FB-7E437E721A43 (resized).jpegF92B5093-7D16-4F6B-B4FB-7E437E721A43 (resized).jpeg
#4800 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

i was around order 70 on the site and just got a message that i'm around 350 in line, dunno how the math works out on that. kinda bummed but oh well.

The way they've said they do it is in batches with the distros to keep it fair. So if there are 4 distros plus Spooky, you'll go behind at least #'s 1-69 from all 5 sources which nets you a spot around 350. Someone correct me if I've got that wrong.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,699 (OBO)
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
$ 300.00
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 210.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 13,500.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/96?hl=pinballphotos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.