20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 246.
#4701 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

The Anti-gravity Device (magnasave) works in a really cool old school way on this game. You charge the anti-gravity device using the captive ball (Flooble Crank Post). If you need to use the magnet to save a ball from the outlane, you can tap or hold the secondary button on the right side of the cabinet. The magnet will activate for as long as you hold it and as long as you have charge left. It is 100% time to charge based. You can conserve the charge by tapping, but if you get in a bad situation, you can press and hold and attempt to gain control and drop it down the inlane. This is my personal favorite way that magnasaves are implemented and I have not seen it done like this in a while. There is no exposed core, so pressing and holding is not a guarantee that you will save the ball. I usually just tap it away from the outlane and some of the time, it will flip back up and over the sling back into play.
Sorry for the lengthy responses.
--Scott

best kind of magna save!

#4702 4 years ago

I am torn whether or not I will remove the mini post rubber on my personal game.
--Scott

I hope you ordered early. I hear they're sold out.

#4703 4 years ago

There is no magnet on the left side. That plate is in there to help guide the ball smoothly into the inlane or if bouncing from side to side, will slow the ball down. I was originally going to put a small U shaped wireform in there but this looked better. There are 2 "settings" that can be configured in this left inlane by using a rubber or not.
1: No mini post rubber: very fast entry to the left inlane and fast delivery to left flipper
2: 3/8 OD mini post rubber (pictured in video): slowed down entry and delivery to left flipper
You could also be super brutal and take out the mini post completely. This would be a fast entry and would widen the crap out of the left outlane. Whatever the option, this little angled plate does serve a purpose. You can see in the video how it slows down the ball to deliver it to the flipper. I am torn whether or not I will remove the mini post rubber on my personal game.
--Scott

Thanks for the clarification! That GIF had me thinking it really was a magnetized plate.

No rubber for me, I think. The cool trick with the portal is that it's a fast movement from garage to portal. More speed = more cool!

Getting more anxious by the day.

#4704 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I wonder if it will pre-stage one (or more) balls in the secondary portal trough before or after a game, similar to how STTNG works?

Due to some design decisions, it can't re-stage un-attended like Star Trek does. Instead, should the portal ever become empty for any reason, the next time a ball enters the portal it is held and a fresh one is immediately launched via the shooter lane. Portals man. Sometimes they lead to a place you weren't expecting. Then you have to recalibrate your gun.

#4705 4 years ago

Anxious is an understatement. I’m compulsively checking my email hoping to see one from squirrel.

#4706 4 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

Anxious is an understatement. I’m compulsively checking my email hoping to see one from squirrel.

Ya this wait is brutal. Im expecting a year as my worst case scenario. Refreshing email again...

#4707 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Small 3” figures[quoted image]

I have 4 boxes of both series 1 and 2 arriving shortly (for a total of 96 figures). I will be opening them up (they come blind-box) and offering them up on a first come, first served basis for anyone that wants to add them to their machines. series 3 doesn't start shipping until march 2020

series 1 (resized).jpgseries 1 (resized).jpg series 2 (resized).jpgseries 2 (resized).jpg

#4708 4 years ago

Can anyone post some detailed pics of their "butter" cabinets? I'd like to see!

Quoted from northerndude:

Also, there’s already 5 locked Rick and Morty club threads that have been started, lol

They generally do not allow a club thread until people actually have the game in hand.

#4709 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Ya this wait is brutal. Im expecting a year as my worst case scenario. Refreshing email again...

I’m a low order number so I’m thinking maybe first or second month of shipping so I’m even more anxious. Refreshing email again...

#4710 4 years ago

I think I will be toward the end of 2020. I'm patient... I waited 6 -7 months for MBr. I won't start to get anxious until I see a bunch of people enjoying theirs first

#4711 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

From what I’ve read/understand pics don’t do it justice. I’m gonna shell out the cash cuz I can only order it once.

There is a spooky Facebook post for ACNC that shows 3 pics of one.

https://www.facebook.com/SpookyPinball/posts/we-talked-about-the-butter-edition-cabinets-for-total-nuclear-annihilation-on-th/1523810714346817/

#4712 4 years ago

--Scott

I think most readers of this thread would agree that they really look forward to any of your posts (long or short) regarding the game!

I know you dont have to post anything and are probably super busy on the game so I'd like to say thanks for all past and future posts regarding the games development. That goes for all the other mad geniuses on team spooky as well.

#4713 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That's the plan. Though, at least so far, the dimensions alter the game, but don't have a lot of interactive rules of their own.

There is a water world dimension, with an animated blue light show and it's own music -- but as mentioned, thus far, the dimensions aren't interactive (ie: shoot shots to stay alive)
Right now, the dimensions fall into three basic groups: Points increased somehow (Ramps 2x, Spinner 3x, etc), Game function affected (Pop bumper disabled, flipper function altered) and Feature/Fun dimensions that just do fun/silly things - like Water world.
All subject to change, of course.

This sounds great, a time distortion dimension would also work, where all timers count down much slower. Slow Mobius!!

#4714 4 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

I’m a low order number so I’m thinking maybe first or second month of shipping so I’m even more anxious. Refreshing email again...

Not to burst anyones bubble on assumed ship dates or numbers but it did seem there were other variables at play that Spooky and the distributors noted early on specifically (and rightfully) long term Spooky supporters of their other games getting priority. While I have an early number I Totally respect that they would take care of the clients that supported getting them to this point. Could be wrong but I do recall that was mentioned and a few distributors backed that priority list. Managing expectations...

#4715 4 years ago

Has anyone received there email yet that ordered direct?

#4716 4 years ago
Quoted from Propsnsports:

Like the order confirmation email? I got it right after I ordered.

#4717 4 years ago

The Anti-gravity Device (magnasave) works in a really cool old school way on this game. You charge the anti-gravity device using the captive ball (Flooble Crank Post). If you need to use the magnet to save a ball from the outlane, you can tap or hold the secondary button on the right side of the cabinet. The magnet will activate for as long as you hold it and as long as you have charge left. It is 100% time to charge based. You can conserve the charge by tapping, but if you get in a bad situation, you can press and hold and attempt to gain control and drop it down the inlane. This is my personal favorite way that magnasaves are implemented and I have not seen it done like this in a while. There is no exposed core, so pressing and holding is not a guarantee that you will save the ball. I usually just tap it away from the outlane and some of the time, it will flip back up and over the sling back into play.
--Scott

I was hoping this would be the answer, such a fun approach that will really add an additional dimension to play.

#4718 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Due to some design decisions, it can't re-stage un-attended like Star Trek does. Instead, should the portal ever become empty for any reason, the next time a ball enters the portal it is held and a fresh one is immediately launched via the shooter lane. Portals man. Sometimes they lead to a place you weren't expecting. Then you have to recalibrate your gun.

Couldnt you just put 2 balls in there then?

#4719 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

They generally do not allow a club thread until people actually have the game in hand.

I have a butter TNA if you are in the Wisconsin Dells area and want to stop over.

#4720 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Couldnt you just put 2 balls in there then?

It still has to be able to correct if it's ever empty. When most people set up their game, they're just going to dump the balls in the main trough, regardless of how many should be where.

In general use, it shouldn't end up un-staged unless something goes wrong.

#4721 4 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

How did Jerry get in front of me? I have TNA and came up with the florescent green protectors. Scott what gives. But on another note I sure do like what I'm hear about coding going into game.

#4722 4 years ago

--Scott

Yeah Scott, quit polluting the thread with actual information. This is the home of wistful speculation!

Seriously though, this magna-save implementation sounds f'in awesome. Organic even! Luv it!

Care to comment on how/why/if the center scoop doesn't just fire the ball straight down the middle?

#4723 4 years ago

Didn't see these shared here yet. Pulled from Spooky's FB.

79877909_2735847889809754_6003559063634313216_o (resized).jpg79877909_2735847889809754_6003559063634313216_o (resized).jpg
#4724 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Portals man. Sometimes they lead to a place you weren't expecting. Then you have to recalibrate your gun.

Have that as a Rick callout whenever it happens, and suddenly that's a feature.

#4725 4 years ago

I realize that this is impracticle in the real world but how awesome would it be to have a Mr. Meeseeks mode where every 10s or whatever the game adds another ball into play (up to say 12 balls) and you have to make 2 shots in order to end the mode, with the additional balls being added making that harder and harder as time goes on. Flood the pf in balls, totally unmanagable, LCD has a Meeseeks for each ball. Hillarity!

#4726 4 years ago
Quoted from Propsnsports:

I have not.

Quoted from KingPinGames:

I have a butter TNA if you are in the Wisconsin Dells area and want to stop over.

Thanks Chris, will take you up on that if we get out there any time soon. Also I've been looking to buy a TNA so let me know if you ever have one to sell.

#4727 4 years ago

Do be careful #f3honda4me asking Christopher for Any selfies of buttered up objects. You may be frightened by what he sends you!!!!

#4728 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I realize that this is impracticle in the real world but how awesome would it be to have a Mr. Meeseeks mode where every 10s or whatever the game adds another ball into play (up to say 12 balls) and you have to make 2 shots in order to end the mode, with the additional balls being added making that harder and harder as time goes on. Flood the pf in balls, totally unmanagable, LCD has a Meeseeks for each ball. Hillarity!

The best part about the Meeseeks character(s) is that the possibilities are endless. Someone explained way back what actually happens in the game. It's equally awesome.

This TV show allows for so much creativity in the actual game. This is a great license.

#4729 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

Have that as a Rick callout whenever it happens, and suddenly that's a feature.

If only we had some stuff recorded about 'adjusting my balls'. Oh wait.

#4730 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Maybe an interactive video and playfield mode for the meeseeks.

Hit a target to add/subtract.

You would have to split your attention between the screen and playfield.

Total chaos.

#4731 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If only we had some stuff recorded about 'adjusting my balls'. Oh wait.

Everybody keeps throwing ideas out at you guys, and you keep saying "did that". You're really taking the air out of Pinside's attempts to find something to gripe about, ya know?

#4732 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

Everybody keeps throwing ideas out at you guys, and you keep saying "did that". You're really taking the air out of Pinside's attempts to find something to gripe about, ya know?

Does winning Meeseeks shave 2 strokes off player’s golf game? Meeseeks multiball should probably begin with the player selecting from a list of objectives. Meeseeks added by hitting a target. Mode ends when the objective is met and it is accompanied with all balls draining and one ball returned into play.

#4733 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Care to comment on how/why/if the center scoop doesn't just fire the ball straight down the middle?

It's aimed slightly to the right, not dead center.

#4734 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

how?
because its angled slightly as yancy explained above

why?
because that would be dimension C-136 rick dick move

if?
no. see above

#4735 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Just we two. I had to Google the name.

i figure with all the interest, i'll order one and probably just sell it before i get it. not a big fan of the theme and it would be nice to make the money back i lost on RZ. i have a feeling in a few months these will go for good money.

#4736 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

ok, here's a topper idea. someone make it happen (and then give me royalties for every one sold
portal with a rotating swirling effect (bonus points for multiple transparent layers that are geared differently). in front it is one of those spinning LED fan-type displays with clips that play with rick & morty and various other show characters appearing to pop in/out and out of the portal
[quoted image]

That behind the game attached to the wall and rick and morty standing on the machine with morty pointing the gun at the portal.

#4737 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Do be careful #f3honda4me asking Christopher for Any selfies of buttered up objects. You may be frightened by what he sends you!!!!

We text back and forth now and then. Should I be worried?

#4738 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

We text back and forth now and then. Should I be worried?

While one of the Top distributors out there let's just say I am Certain he doesn't have an HR department lol.

#4739 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

While one of the Top distributors out there let's just say I am Certain he doesn't have an HR department lol.

Maybe it's a different kind of human resources department

#4740 4 years ago

So here is my latest stab at calculation of delivery schedule.
No I have not heard anything yet.

Spooky had 375 orders, the other 375 were split up across distributors.
My understanding is they intend to build half the Spooky orders and half distro each week.
With a limit of 10/wk that means 5/wk for Spooky orders.
Lowest order known is 1790, my order is 1944. Making mine the 154th Spooky order.
Divide that by 5 builds a week and you get 30.8 weeks of builds.

That puts me somewhere around early August without factoring in holidays, inventory challenges, non-pinball orders in the first 16 minutes of ordering, or misc.

#4741 4 years ago

You all are crazy if you think this is just going to magically go off without a hitch. There will be part problems, line problems, quality problems that slow production down. Just plan on waiting an indefinite amount of time if you aren't numbers 1-50. A quality product with a fleshed out code is way more important than getting immediate satisfaction of a rushed product.

#4742 4 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

My understanding is they intend to build half the Spooky orders and half distro each week.
Lowest order known is 1790, my order is 1944. Making mine the 154th Spooky order.
That puts me somewhere around early August without factoring in holidays, inventory challenges, non-pinball orders in the first 16 minutes of ordering, or misc.

You could also factor in the ~20% that aren't BSEs, which would lower your estimate to 24.6 weeks.

Unless you ordered a standard, then all bets are off and you're looking at 2021.

#4743 4 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

How do you come up with these calculations? My order was completed about 3 minutes after yours and I got number 2012?

#4744 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You all are crazy if you think this is just going to magically go off without a hitch. There will be part problems, line problems, quality problems that slow production down. Just plan on waiting an indefinite amount of time if you aren't numbers 1-50.

Orrrrr as this is not their first rodeo they may find refined processes/setups and improve on their estimated throughput? Glass half full could be just as crazy both ways. I will bet things will be slow to start to ensure perfect (best possible) QC but as in line production I suspect they will exceed even their expectations. Time will tell.

#4745 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I have not.

Thanks Chris, will take you up on that if we get out there any time soon. Also I've been looking to buy a TNA so let me know if you ever have one to sell.

Zach at FlipnOut has one and he is coming to the chicagoland area tomorrow.

#4746 4 years ago

Zach at flipnout has one and he is coming to the chicagoland area tomorrow.

Thanks KingPorn, your the best!!

#4747 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You all are crazy if you think this is just going to magically go off without a hitch. There will be part problems, line problems, quality problems that slow production down. Just plan on waiting an indefinite amount of time if you aren't numbers 1-50. A quality product with a fleshed out code is way more important than getting immediate satisfaction of a rushed product.

Don't Squanch my dreams man!

#4748 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Orrrrr as this is not their first rodeo they may find refined processes/setups and improve on their estimated throughput? Glass half full could be just as crazy both ways. I will bet things will be slow to start to ensure perfect (best possible) QC but as in line production I suspect they will exceed even their expectations. Time will tell.

Orrrr....you think realistically so that 6 months down the road people aren't whining about they shoudl have had their game by now. Just saying. Patience. Manufacturing is full of speed bumps.

#4749 4 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Don't Squanch my dreams man!

lol!! he had me thinking already.

#4750 4 years ago

Since this thread seems to be in feature request mode.... How about a "practice" mode that, with a different start sequence (e.g. holding in magnasave button when pressing start), lets the player pick a mode\multiball to play outside of a normal game?

I believe Wrath of Olympus has something similar and it's always seemed like a spectacular way to play\practice modes that are deeper into a ruleset.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/95?hl=kinghebes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.