20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 246.
#4501 4 years ago

Has anyone gotten their LE # and possible build date yet? I know spooky said they were going to go through and do that this week if I recall.

#4502 4 years ago

I think 50 Spooky, 50 distro is the build order. So if your 51 you would wait an additional 5 weeks for the distro build before the next 50 block came up again.

#4503 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Doesn’t want to get cold for 11 minutes bringing it in?

Close. My walkout becomes a wee bit treacherous in 3 feet of snow. And stairs are no fun for anyone.

#4504 4 years ago

In terms of adding toys, I know some don't like to think about that type of thing until they see the finished game. I happen to enjoy the thought process. It's a bit like planning a trip. The planning process is part of the fun. Anyway, I like these from Kidrobot:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

It would also be cool if someone could mod up a projection portal in the garage. Maybe something along the lines of Revenge From Mars. Hack up the cheap portal gun?

#4505 4 years ago

Instead of adding toys, there's one in the game that suddenly bugs me as a kind of missed opportunity, and it's the portal gun.

As it is, it looks like it just sits there, over the shooter lane. Which DUH: it *should* have been the plunger! Think about it: you'd shoot the thing to "open a portal" into the game. It would be a fun-ctional homage to other games with "gun trigger plungers" but obviously different and if anything, is an even more tangible connection to the multiverse under glass instead of a mere aesthetic device.

Take it even further and that static display of "C-137"... could have been used to display (or select!) the dimension of your adventure mode.

Gah, the more I think about that , the more immersive it seems it could/should be. I wonder how easy it would be to mod...

#4506 4 years ago

If you guys are jonesing to make a mod, consider replacing the dome on the spaceship with a clear one, putting an angled mirror inside it and then have a screen sitting on the bottom of the ship pointing up. Pepper's Ghost.

Then you can have video of Rick and Morty in the ship. Have it react to things.

#4507 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Which DUH: it *should* have been the plunger!

Mod community will take care of that before half of the games ship.

#4508 4 years ago

I do agree that no green moving portal of some sort on the playfield is a big miss IMO. I like the idea of a hologram/projected one......I wonder if a mod could be made like the mirror idea above but over the center shot that projects a portal over it in some manner. Isn't that the one that starts an adventure?

I'd say the garage possibly too, but the center shot makes more sense.

#4509 4 years ago

It will be nice if those order numbers hold up. I'm 1802 and went from thinking I wouldn't be able to get a machine to maybe seeing one in January/February.

#4510 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Due to my hand wringing and fence sitting, I ordered my standard edition 80 minutes into the sale, so I'm sure I'm looking at well into 2021.
Order number 2075.

Dont think it would have mattered if you ordered in the first minute I dont see any standards getting made in 2020. To many BS editions.

#4511 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Instead of adding toys, there's one in the game that suddenly bugs me as a kind of missed opportunity, and it's the portal gun.
As it is, it looks like it just sits there, over the shooter lane. Which DUH: it *should* have been the plunger! Think about it: you'd shoot the thing to "open a portal" into the game. It would be a fun-ctional homage to other games with "gun trigger plungers" but obviously different and if anything, is an even more tangible connection to the multiverse under glass instead of a mere aesthetic device.
Take it even further and that static display of "C-137"... could have been used to display (or select!) the dimension of your adventure mode.
Gah, the more I think about that , the more immersive it seems it could/should be. I wonder how easy it would be to mod...

I think the gun shows you what dimension you are in as you're playing. I don't think it just shows C-137. I could be wrong.

I can't imagine the idea of rigging the gun up as a shooter wasn't discussed as they designed the game.

#4512 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Dont think it would have mattered if you ordered in the first minute I dont see any standards getting made in 2020. To many BS editions.

Good point!

#4513 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I think the gun shows you what dimension you are in as you're playing. I don't think it just shows C-137. I could be wrong.
I can't imagine the idea of rigging the gun up as a shooter wasn't discussed as they designed the game.

To me it looks like a sticker: it's crooked, flat and uniform without any of the reflectivity, intensity, or contrast that normally indicates an illuminated display (see tube for example).
RMpingun (resized).jpgRMpingun (resized).jpg

#4514 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I think 50 Spooky, 50 distro is the build order. So if your 51 you would wait an additional 5 weeks for the distro build before the next 50 block came up again.

Damn that sucks for me I probably just missed the cutoff for the first 50

#4515 4 years ago

You know why that's there right? So people can't ask for shooter lane pics ahhahahah

#4516 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You know why that's there right? So people can't ask for shooter lane pics ahhahahah

"F*ck your shooter lane pics! I'mma need you to take these pinballs and shove 'em up your ass. Waaaaaaaay up there!"

#4517 4 years ago

How soon until the next game: Pickle Rick's Pinball Adventure, Bitch is announced?

#4518 4 years ago

Fuck your shooter lane pic Jerry.

#4519 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Cosmetically you can do whatever, but based on what's on this version of the playfield the spinner charges up the "portal" which is used to change dimensions with a shot to the garage. Based on the video from Charlie you can change dimensions even when you are in a mode, so to me the garage is the portal. The center shot is the ship which seems to be used to start the adventure modes. Either way, a portal mod would likely need to tap into the top light on the "Charge Level" or the green piece on the toy portal gun -- voiding your warranty.

PS: I hope they can get creative with the scoring for the dimensions, so there isn't a cookie cutter way to play the game.

#4520 4 years ago

So many mod possibilities. This looks like a cool wall mount or topper:
Paladone Rick and Morty Portal Gun Tabletop or Wall Light https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M7LMKYL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_IwM-Db87KJRRN

And this small keychain portal gun that projects a portal picture could be used for the garage:
Rick and Morty Portal Gun Key Ring Light - Key Chain https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MM37YPX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_RAM-Db0EV0BK9

#4521 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

And the evil Morty song:

I will shit on the floor if this song isn't in there.

#4522 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Nope, but if your ordered a BSE from Spooky your delivery date should be something like: months to delivery = (Order confirmation number - 1790) all divided by 21. So... if my number is 1886, I take 1886-1790 and then divide by 21 and get 4.5 months... so I should get mine mid April... WOOT!

This is also assuming that all the numbers ahead of you are also BSE. It is possible (although not likely) that 90% of the order numbers ahead of you are SE games. That formula will give you a worst case estimate.

#4523 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Hmm.

I'm not sure if I get Rick and Morty.

#4524 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hmm.
I'm not sure if I get Rick and Morty.

Get Schwifty was a jam.

#4525 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Between the 80/20 split and the people buying Fang Club memberships in order to order the game, you are probably in that first batch of 50.

#4526 4 years ago

Played the video game, Trover Saves the Universe Last Night, which is voiced by Justin Roiland and it just confirms that a pinball machine with Scott Danesi lighting and shots combined with Justin Roiland call outs simply has to be great fun. The man is just hilarious -- sometimes I think his video games are funnier than the TV show.

Everyone that ordered this is going to have a great time with it, congrats!

#4527 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Mod community will take care of that before half of the games ship.

Truth!

Let Spooky design, build, and code. The sub-market of modders will have plenty of opportunities to impress you with visual diarrhea. I want a good game.

#4528 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Between the 80/20 split and the people buying Fang Club memberships in order to order the game, you are probably in that first batch of 50.

I can only hope :p

I was order 1853 so if 1790 is the earliest reported number, that puts me at 63. If only 80% of those are BSE and the rest are standard and/or fang club orders, it puts me right on the cusp.

#4529 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Seems like it would be an obvious adventure mode. It starts with, "Show us what you've got". Shoot timed shots to Get Schwifty, eliminating the other planets in Planet Music. Maybe have multiplier in there when you sacrifice the "unwantables" -- thief, goth, movie talker, J. Pop (Sorry, but something pinball specific might be cool).

#4530 4 years ago

Finally told my girl I bought RM last night. She has never seen the show and I was watching some season 1, so I said, "Look Meeseeks and Destroy is the next episode and it's hilarious...just watch it". She's still talking about how funny it was even after trying to be annoyed about it.

GhV0 (resized).pngGhV0 (resized).png
#4531 4 years ago

To all the pissers pissing about a million different opportunities to do some whiz-bang shit with some plastic toy that will make the game so much better.... buy an arduino for $20, a couple wires and lights then tap into a few switches and program your own “must be in there or I’m gonna be pissed” mods..... or just trust that they’re going to make an awesome game and stop piling on what Spooky ‘should’ do to impress you.

Of course, you could always just sell your spot in the queue.

My $0.02.... ooof, no more bourbon (I’m on the other side of the world.... no, I’m not day drinking).

#4532 4 years ago

I think I just found the cover for mine!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CZ4B4DC

#4533 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

To all the pissers pissing about a million different opportunities to do some whiz-bang shit with some plastic toy that will make the game so much better.... buy an arduino for $20, a couple wires and lights then tap into a few switches and program your own “must be in there or I’m gonna be pissed” mods.

I think there was only small percentage of comments about a "missed opportunity". Most of us are just excited about the possibilities of doing exactly what you are suggesting.

#4534 4 years ago

you guys are speculating to much. Just so you know, the first 50 games are not only Spooky direct games. They really did do a good job of breaking it down for distributors to get games.

I do know that the distributor im working with has a couple games in the teens, and a few in the 30's, and a few in the 50's, etc

So I think that its (im speculating here) 10 games to spooky, then 10 games to distribuotrs. (2 to one, 2 to another, 2 to another, etc. Then another 10 to Spooky direct, Then another 10 to distributors split up again, rinse and repeat)

#4535 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Cosmetically you can do whatever, but based on what's on this version of the playfield the spinner charges up the "portal" which is used to change dimensions with a shot to the garage. Based on the video from Charlie you can change dimensions even when you are in a mode, so to me the garage is the portal. The center shot is the ship which seems to be used to start the adventure modes. Either way, a portal mod would likely need to tap into the top light on the "Charge Level" or the green piece on the toy portal gun -- voiding your warranty.
PS: I hope they can get creative with the scoring for the dimensions, so there isn't a cookie cutter way to play the game.
[quoted image]

SpookyCharlie and his team interact and listen with fans, there may be opportunities to continuously add dimensions with fun and creative rules. So many permutations with lighting (colors, brightness, movement, flashing), scoring (multipliers/dividers), unique playfield elements (loop or main bumper), combo opportunities.

-Imagine a water world where all lights pulsates blue and cyan and you have to stay alive by hitting switch within 10 seconds to breath while the center top counter counts down your oxygen.... All the while trying to charge the spinner to activate the portal so you can escape to the next dimension.

-Or screaming sun dimension where the playfield is completely dark for one minute, and gradually illuminates the playfield yellow from left to right for another minute while the sun rises and sets over 2-minute days.

-Or a heavy gravity dimension where flipper strength is weakened until you can activate a Meeseeks.

-Or a Cronenberg dimensions with sci-fi green GI, and shots that can only be made once before red-ing out with a Cronenberg creature until all shots are made (similar to Final Battle on Shadow)

- You could even have a portal chase, where you have to hit the portal many times to escape Gromflomites.

I'm sure many here could think of much better ideas!

#4536 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

What number are you?

Edit, I see you are 1853

#4537 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I can only hope :p
I was order 1853 so if 1790 is the earliest reported number, that puts me at 63. If only 80% of those are BSE and the rest are standard and/or fang club orders, it puts me right on the cusp.

Oh, didn't realize you factored that in.

#4538 4 years ago

So... the light show is awesome... but what about playfield lighting? Do you guys think this will need a few spotlights or will this be good as is?

#4539 4 years ago

I haven't found a game I think 'needs' spot lights yet...and I play in total darkness.

#4540 4 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

you guys are speculating to much. Just so you know, the first 50 games are not only Spooky direct games. They really did do a good job of breaking it down for distributors to get games.
I do know that the distributor im working with has a couple games in the teens, and a few in the 30's, and a few in the 50's, etc
So I think that its (im speculating here) 10 games to spooky, then 10 games to distribuotrs. (2 to one, 2 to another, 2 to another, etc. Then another 10 to Spooky direct, Then another 10 to distributors split up again, rinse and repeat)

So distributors are already getting LE game numbers? No direct customers have been told their game number yet far as I have seen.

#4541 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

So... the light show is awesome... but what about playfield lighting? Do you guys think this will need a few spotlights or will this be good as is?

Consider TNA had pretty dark playfield art and it was plenty bright. R&M is lit similarly and its art is brighter. Should be OK.

Full RGB on all lights gives Spooky the ability to make some awesome light shows, as we all saw in TNA!

#4542 4 years ago

Not sure I keep my not so bad 1869 bs spot need to see some balltime. If it stays in spooky table lineage ie for intermediate and advanced only I stay. Played 2 games of Munsters last week and it was boring bc way too easy. Danesi said RM has easy shots and tight shots that does not mean anything if it is at least like TNA (easy multiball lock for example) the challenge would be sufficient. Else Id change to RAZA a brutal precision game imo more like ACNC.

#4543 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

there may be opportunities to continuously add dimensions with fun and creative rules

That's the plan. Though, at least so far, the dimensions alter the game, but don't have a lot of interactive rules of their own.

Quoted from jonesjb:

-Imagine a water world where all lights pulsates blue and cyan

There is a water world dimension, with an animated blue light show and it's own music -- but as mentioned, thus far, the dimensions aren't interactive (ie: shoot shots to stay alive)

Right now, the dimensions fall into three basic groups: Points increased somehow (Ramps 2x, Spinner 3x, etc), Game function affected (Pop bumper disabled, flipper function altered) and Feature/Fun dimensions that just do fun/silly things - like Water world.

All subject to change, of course.

#4544 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Truth!
Let Spooky design, build, and code. The sub-market of modders will have plenty of opportunities to impress you with visual diarrhea. I want a good game.

Fuckin' Shakespeare man.

#4545 4 years ago

Distributors knew their numbers ahead of time. The girls had to list in all 375 of our numbers manually. Now they will begin emailing you each your number manually. It will take some time. Better system to come next launch. This time we did the website next launch we hopefully perfect the website. and fully automate. Each distributor had alot less games to organize and has had more time to do so than our girls who are taking care of 375 themselves.

#4546 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I do agree that no green moving portal of some sort on the playfield is a big miss IMO. I like the idea of a hologram/projected one......I wonder if a mod could be made like the mirror idea above but over the center shot that projects a portal over it in some manner. Isn't that the one that starts an adventure?

I'm scratching my head a bit, that there's no ball jumping through a portal, from ramp to ramp. I think RAZA showed something like that.

#4547 4 years ago

How about a Bowen Karin’s playthrough video? The man is literally known for creating pinball tutorials and has crazy pinball talent.

#4548 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Distributors knew their numbers ahead of time. The girls had to list in all 375 of our numbers manually. Now they will begin emailing you each your number manually. It will take some time. Better system to come next launch. This time we did the website next launch we hopefully perfect the website. and fully automate. Each distributor had alot less games to organize and has had more time to do so than our girls who are taking care of 375 themselves.

Thanks for chiming in Luke. So, I ordered a standard from a distributor. How does my distributor knowing their number affect that scenario?

#4549 4 years ago

This shows the purple's texture and shine alot better. Hard to see in photos but in person it really pops.

20191218_135118 (resized).jpg20191218_135118 (resized).jpg
#4550 4 years ago

Is anyone else going to avoid all videos and stuff of the game until it shows up at their door? I like to go in fresh Gonna be hard though lol.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Colts Neck, NJ
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/91?hl=donkadelic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.