20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 246.
#4451 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I don't get the whole "I'm glad they used stock toys because I can get cheap replacement parts" argument. You're paying $7000+. What is all that cost for if not to development and produce some new stuff? You can look at it like you get cheap replacement parts later, or like you're overpaying for them the first time. TSPP was before the era of $7000 games so I don't think it's quite a fair comparison, but these days with these prices I think the price warrants original parts unique to the game, not an amalgamation of existing parts. I wonder if they pursued this theme in part because of the wealth of licensed toys available to use in the game? I hope it doesn't become a trend in the industry to cut costs by repurposing bulk item toys.

Simple solution: Vote with your wallet and don’t buy if it bothers you that much. That’s the best way to make your voice heard.

#4452 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Funny, me too.
...and you are not that far away!

You two think your in no where and you won't ever see one? I will never see one..........

other than my basement!!!!! Mwah aha ahaa

#4453 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

with these prices I think the price warrants original parts unique to the game, not an amalgamation of existing parts

I really hate this argument. So you'd rather they spend $150 per toy (because it's original) and take out a major mech (like the 2nd ball trough)? Every engineer's goal is to make the best product for the least amount of money. If that means using something pre-existing off the shelf you better believe a designer is going to do so. You speak as if their BOM cost + labor is only like $3k and they are stuffing their pockets with cash everytime a pin goes out the door. Knowing the kind of guy Chuck is, his profit margins are probably not anywhere you think they are.

#4454 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

$150 for one of the main toys in a $7000 machine? That almost sounds cheap!

You have to understand, there's ALOT of labour and creative time spent building and engineering these things. If this has more new engineered parts than a pin before, the price goes up. You think Scott worked for free for the past year + creating? I doubt it. You start adding $150+ toy over and over these things would be at a very un-attainable price.

Gotta keep the lights on, pay staff, buy parts, etc, etc.

#4455 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Doesn’t work for 750 items. Unless you want a $150 per each plastic spaceship.
rd

Or charge $750 for a topper.

#4456 4 years ago

I already posted my ideas for toppers. Someone get on it!

#4457 4 years ago

Does Stern have DeadFlip locked up exclusively, or can he do an R&M stream? I understand the game is sold out, and the advertising isn't needed, but would be cool....

#4458 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Does Stern have deadflip locked up exclusively, or can he do an R&M stream? I understand the game is sold out, and the advertising isn't needed, but would be cool....

he said on his stream tonight he's going to do a stream from spooky in the next 1-2 months

#4459 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

he said on his stream tonight he's going to do a stream from spooky in the next 1-2 months

Nice.

#4460 4 years ago

Ball 3 drain Mental breakdown

#4461 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Toppers are a perfect example of Spooky's SOP. They are much more interested in building something fun than using opportunity to just turn it into a cash grab.

The just recently released the interactive brain topper for ACNC that color syncs with play and can actually follow shots in some cases. Hand built and 300 bucks. Find me anyone else doing that. Total respect.

#4462 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Don’t get me started on that ...

rd

#4463 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Toppers are a perfect example of Spooky's SOP. They are much more interested in building something fun than using opportunity to just turn it into a cash grab.
The just recently released the interactive brain topper for ACNC that color syncs with play and can actually follow shots in some cases. Hand built and 300 bucks. Find me anyone else doing that. Total respect.

Hah, hadn't seen that, nice.

#4464 4 years ago

One minute you’re falling off a roof for six months , next minute you’re buying a Rick an Morty pinball .

#4465 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I don't get the whole "I'm glad they used stock toys because I can get cheap replacement parts" argument. You're paying $7000+. What is all that cost for if not to development and produce some new stuff? You can look at it like you get cheap replacement parts later, or like you're overpaying for them the first time. TSPP was before the era of $7000 games so I don't think it's quite a fair comparison, but these days with these prices I think the price warrants original parts unique to the game, not an amalgamation of existing parts. I wonder if they pursued this theme in part because of the wealth of licensed toys available to use in the game? I hope it doesn't become a trend in the industry to cut costs by repurposing bulk item toys.

Because they spent the money on game design. If I want a bunch of toys on the top of the play field I can mod it myself(I can’t change game design or code). One of the great things about past spooky pins is that top moders really took the forefront and produced some really bitchen ad on.

#4466 4 years ago

So what's up with the haunted house party cab? Is that actually a game after all? Or Did you actually build that cabinet as a disguise? Is RAM a rethemed HHP? I mean there is a big house on the game still? I want that vampires number.

#4467 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Pinside now has variant options for all models, even Premium / LE from Stern, which has the same gameplay. There is one game, but the alternative versions show up. I think it is a good thing, allows to more easily distinguish when searching for a game to buy or sell.[quoted image]

All art and printing on the game says copyright 2020. Games start delivering in Jan, 2020. I suggest the change in the Pinside entry. (Mods) @robin

#4468 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

In all honesty, I blew the budget out of the water here. It may not look like it from the surface, but this is a packed machine. For instance, there are 16 opto pairs in this game and I had to cut that back a bit to get it to 16. I even threw in the magna save as a sacrificial BOM item, thinking it would just be ok to remove it later if I needed to cut cost, but it ended up being so fun that we had to leave it in there. There was actually nothing noticeable cut from the game and I truly owe that to Charlie letting me get away with it here. The comments about lack of toys on the top of the playfield is not a concern for me as the modding community is so strong, they will come up with some awesome stuff for it. Not everyone likes a ton of stuff on the top of the playfield. We did get the portal gun, the house, the ship with all of it's controllable lights, the flooble crank, and the death crystals into the game. This, to me, looks great as is, but I cannot wait to see how you guys mod the crap out of these games.
And thank you all for the kind words. I have poured my heart into this semi-wacky design over the past 2 years and am really happy with how it turned out. I was really just trying some neat ideas I had for a playfield that was a bit different than the standard. BTW, the pop is absolutely my favorite part of the game. Second place is the new lock design, but not by much.
--Scott

Are the death crystal going to be 3d printed?

#4469 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

All art and printing on the game says copyright 2020. Games start delivering in Jan, 2020. I suggest the change in the Pinside entry. (Mods) robin

I thought the same thing. Putting "2021" on the Standard is stupid. It was released and sold in 2019, as a 2020 title. Why does it assume to say 2021? .... Spooky could feasibly ramp up production a little by mid year? (making the standard game listing Bunk, and in need of correction, anyway). Spooky would only need to get One Non BSE out by Dec 2020 to make that Pinside entry obviously incorrect.

My ACDC VE was Built in 2018, but first produced/released/listed as 2017... Can we get a new entry for the 2018 production of that please?

FWIW there should not even be two entries. It is an armour upgrade with a name, no more "Limited Edition" than the games built without the armour. It is not a variant, just another option/upgrade available for any one of the full lot of 750 "L/E's". They are All LE's, No "standards". Amalgamate them to a single entry.

#4470 4 years ago

Just prepaid the deposit for a BSE in Germany (via Austria)... Now looking forward to play it!!!

#4471 4 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

Just prepaid the deposit for a BSE in Germany (via Austria)... Now looking forward to play it!!!

Also getting it via austria
Im still waiting on my email from them for the payment. I wonder how many will end up in europe.

#4472 4 years ago

Ratio America rest of world probably is 2: 1. Payed about 100$ for the club membership bc the key chain in the fang envelope ships for handsome 50$ to my doorstep in January. To reduce the shipping multiplier I ordered some merch to put in there paying more to balance the wares shipping ratio of at best 1:10 a bit out.

#4473 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I thought it was going to be Killer Klowns From Outer Space, that had a chance. This has zero chance. Who the hell are Rick and Morty?

They are cartoon characters, been on air since 2013

#4474 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Word!!

#4475 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Are you seriously trying to compare plastic action figures to a pinball machine? The value is in the engineering of the playfield, the computer, the code, the light show, the display, the video clips, the callouts, paychecks for employees, and just maybe.... a little bit of profit so they can build the next machine. And don’t forget the licensing for EVERY representation in the game that is present in the show.

Buy whatever $40 toy you want and screw it on. Maybe you should make your own machine.

#4476 4 years ago

Really hoping there is a very cool interactive topper for this game so I can give Spooky some more money!

#4477 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

You do realize there is only 1 toy that isn't hand made right lol? We also added RGB to the ship and motion. There is a hand sculpted custom portal gun and the entire house we created from scratch which is also controllable RGB. The death Crystal's have a flasher in them. Literally 1 single off the shelf toy. One. How you could believe we pursued the theme because of cheap toys because we used ONE is beyond me. The ship needed to be light and strong.

#4478 4 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Sold out in four hours and no more to be made... I wrote it before this machine could easily sell 3000 units.. hottest theme at the moment.
Spooky no one would begrudge you making more. A true supporter would want Spooky to flourish and grow. Make hay when the sun shines.
Congratulations to the whole design team. Four hour sell out is the best compliment you can get.

do they have the room to make more?? before the licence times out?

#4479 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Is it way to early to start suggesting to Spooky a next title? Now that it has been totally proven that a company can come out and announce there is a LIMITED number to be produced and succeed. How about some other titles that should be limited to 1000 or less.
Halloween
Friday the 13th
Bill and Ted Excellent Adventure
Evil Dead

When would production start...2023?

#4480 4 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Start at "Key Post" and read why only 750 are being made.

#4481 4 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

I believe Spooky mentioned the licensing agreement restricts them to 750 units.

Edit - beat me to it.

#4482 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I believe Spooky mentioned the licensing agreement restricts them to 750 units.
Edit - beat me to it.

That, and I'm sure there's a bit of wanting to move on to the next thing. I'm sure they don't want to be making Rick and Morty for 3 years straight.

#4483 4 years ago

is there a time frame set for when “game numbers” will be assigned?

#4484 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

is there a time frame set for when “game numbers” will be assigned?

It be this week, as pre Spooky.
I'm guessing tomorrow (Thursday).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/74#post-5357095

#4485 4 years ago

Let’s hope for a little shooter lane “snake jazz” music

#4486 4 years ago

ok, here's a topper idea. someone make it happen (and then give me royalties for every one sold

portal with a rotating swirling effect (bonus points for multiple transparent layers that are geared differently). in front it is one of those spinning LED fan-type displays with clips that play with rick & morty and various other show characters appearing to pop in/out and out of the portal
portal.gifportal.gif

#4487 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

ok, here's a topper idea. someone make it happen (and then give me royalties for every one sold
portal with a rotating swirling effect. in front it is one of those spinning LED fan-type displays with clips that play with rick & morty and various other show characters appearing to pop in/out and out of the portal

I think just a portal that spins and lights up. Then I wand a fan behind it that is facing away from you. Like an inverse wwind, so you can feel the portal sucking you in.

#4488 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think just a portal that spins and lights up. Then I wand a fan behind it that is facing away from you. Like an inverse wwind, so you can feel the portal sucking you in.

fan (resized).jpgfan (resized).jpg
#4489 4 years ago

So many people who can’t read. Sigh.

#4490 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Short answer is we dont know what the special first day purchase prize included is but 750 people will get it lol....

I wouldn't turn down Invisiglass.

#4491 4 years ago

Anyone get notified of their position in the build queue yet?

#4492 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Going by your avatar, I'd say reverse cowgirl.

#4493 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Nope, but if your ordered a BSE from Spooky your delivery date should be something like: months to delivery = (Order confirmation number - 1790) all divided by 21. So... if my number is 1886, I take 1886-1790 and then divide by 21 and get 4.5 months... so I should get mine mid April... WOOT!

This assumes 600 BSE's to get built first based off of 80% going BSE. All BSE should be built by February 2021 using the same logic. 1790 is the earliest confirmed BSE order.1/2 of machines are set aside for distributors and they are going 50% to distributors as they are built. 300/14=21 so 21 machines should go to those who ordered direct from Spooky every month.

#4494 4 years ago

All I am hoping is mine comes either after mid April or before mid November. Calendar year doesn’t really matter.

#4495 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Nope, but if your ordered a BSE from Spooky your delivery date should be something like: months to delivery = (Order confirmation number - 1790) all divided by 21. So... if my number is 1886, I take 1886-1790 and then divide by 21 and get 4.5 months... so I should get mine mid April... WOOT!
This assumes 600 BSE's to get built first based off of 80% going BSE. All BSE should be built by February 2021 using the same logic. 1790 is the earliest confirmed BSE order.1/2 of machines are set aside for distributors and they are going 50% to distributors as they are built. 300/14=21 so 21 machines should go to those who ordered direct from Spooky every month.

Math

#4496 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

All I am hoping is mine comes either after mid April or before mid November. Calendar year doesn’t really matter.

CPA?

#4497 4 years ago

Doesn’t want to get cold for 11 minutes bringing it in?

#4498 4 years ago

Due to my hand wringing and fence sitting, I ordered my standard edition 80 minutes into the sale, so I'm sure I'm looking at well into 2021.

Order number 2075.

#4499 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I was thinking by May as well at one number after you, 1887. I'm hoping some of the orders between 1790 and 1887 are people buying fang memberships to be able to order in the first place. If that's true it could bump build date up a month

#4500 4 years ago

I ordered through a distributor so I've got no idea

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
9,300 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/90?hl=getadam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.