20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 246.
#401 4 years ago

Never seen the show but a big Spooky fan. I know what I'm going to be binge watching this weekend!
Can't wait to see more details.

....of course this could be a giant smoke and mirror show to throw us off the whole Haunted house party thing....

#402 4 years ago

I hereby announce the abbreviation for Rick and Morty to be RM

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Sorry just watched the clips for the 1st time. Don’t get it, DUMB. Looks like a men n black cartoon rip off.

Cool story, Ebert. What other things would you like to give us an uneducated opinion about? Did you see a bird this morning? Please tell us about how it’s a squirrel rip off because it was on a tree branch. Did you find a cigarette butt on the sidewalk and lick it? Please tell us how it wasn’t as good as a McGriddle.

#404 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Cool story, Ebert. What other things would you like to give us an uneducated opinion about? Did you see a bird this morning? Please tell us about how it’s a squirrel rip off because it was on a tree branch. Did you find a cigarette butt on the sidewalk and lick it? Please tell us how it wasn’t as good as a McGriddle.

Tagging in, @rarehero.

last-night-on-rick-and-morty-werner-herzog39s-epic-monologue-about-438711 (resized).jpglast-night-on-rick-and-morty-werner-herzog39s-epic-monologue-about-438711 (resized).jpg
#405 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

"Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that. You can't explain why the tide goes in."

#406 4 years ago

This is all pretty exiting news and really happy for Spooky for securing this. Definitely seems like they have the right team involved to make this a hit. My only hope at this point as we get to see some of these on location here in Chicago. As of now, the only Spooky game we have in the wild is TNA.

#407 4 years ago

I met Scott briefly at Expo this year and got to tell him how much my toddler loves dancing to the TNA soundtrack. Pumped to hear that he's writing some tunes for this one too! My deposit is ready to go!

#408 4 years ago

Millennial checking in! I will be switching these machines off at locations that have them so I won't have to hear the terrible audio they will spew.

#409 4 years ago
Quoted from bluebomber:

Millennial checking in! I will be switching these machines off at locations that have them so I won't have to hear the terrible audio they will spew.

Terrible audio? From Scott Danesi? Impossible.

#410 4 years ago
Quoted from bluebomber:

Millenial checking in! I will be switching these machines off at locations that have them so I won't have to hear the terrible audio this will spew.

tenor (resized).pngtenor (resized).png
#411 4 years ago

I get that Rick and Morty is not for everyone...and that's okay. I find it to be an interesting show because it blends high-brow, yet somewhat geeky references with low-brow humor. If you don't enjoy low-brow humor, or at minimum can't look past it, then it's probably not going to be a show for you. I would also say that you have to be okay with absurdity or randomness. In that way it actually reminds me a lot of Monty Python.

Quoted from bluebomber:

I think I'm also technically a Millennial, though I don't really feel like one. I didn't have internet access until college and didn't get my first cell phone until after graduating college. I think I grew up learning how to do things the hard way, but then also learned how the instant access to information could make that easier. Anyway, maybe just leave instead of turning off a game you don't own.

#412 4 years ago
Quoted from bluebomber:

Let’s hear what you’ve created, maybe it’s better

#413 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Let’s hear what you’ve created, maybe it’s better

That's not how critical opinions work

#414 4 years ago

I think its about time for a modern theme. Im an old white guy and i love nostalgia but i am getting tired of the old themes. I think this is a step in the right direction.

#415 4 years ago

PEOPLE, please, Ok,ok,ok. the theme isn't for everyone, I get that. Can we get past who doesnt like the theme, please make a haters thread out of it.

Can we start getting to the cool shit, options, ideas its going to have and bullshit about that stuff instead of ripping on each other non-stop about, old, young, it's just BS.

LET'S make this thread about a cool pinball machine instead!!!

#416 4 years ago
Quoted from bluebomber:

That's not how opinions work

But saying that you are going to turn off something that does not belong to you does work? Interesting.

#417 4 years ago
Quoted from bluebomber:

Boo this man! lol, worse than the guy with the Budweiser profile pic talking about taste...

#418 4 years ago

I think this is a perfect title for Spooky. Those saying they don't know about this show are in a bubble. The morning show I listen to referenced it today, you see their merch in the malls and Newbury Comics. Speaking of Newbury Comics, this their website at this very moment...

R&M (resized).JPGR&M (resized).JPG

I've personally tried to get into the show, watched a few episodes that I thought were ok, one which I thought was great, but I F'ing HATE Chris Parnell!!! How does this guy get work? He ruined every SNL bit he was on, was embarrassing to watch on Anchorman, and I get borderline violent when this thing comes on my TV...
F this guy (resized).jpgF this guy (resized).jpg

And he never changes his voice in anything he does. When I watch R&M and hear his voice, I immediately want to stop watching. He's like the personification of Jar Jar Binks. Instant cringe.

#419 4 years ago

SOMEONE LEAK ME SOME PLAYFIELD PHOTOS

#420 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I have heard of this show and am interested

I had never seen it either. After playing the game at Spooky Saturday night, we went to Chuck's and watched a couple episodes. We laughed our asses off! So much of what I had seen in the game made sense.

And for what it's worth, the one individual in our group was a 63 year old doctor who has watched every episode and loves the show. So for those who say this is only for the younger crowd, you're wrong!

#421 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

as I understand it, this is Eric on code!
also, dont forget David VanEs for what is arguably the best video dude in the business currently.

I really like Alice Cooper and think the video animations and art is top notch. Now with R&M we actually get a theme that I like and hopefully a better layout since it's Scott. And having Bowen involved in the rules from the get-go should help as well in terms of insert placement, etc.-I think he came in late on AC? I joined the Fang Club and will likely be in as long as I like what I see!

#422 4 years ago

I still want a Futurama pinball but I am very excited to see what they have in store for Rick and Morty

#423 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Would you have been interested if every theme involved movies from the 40's or Bing Crosby music? That's about how dated the current themes are in comparison.

Please, lets not turn this into a Bing Crosby bash thread, we have enough of those on pinside as it is.

#424 4 years ago

I was at a Comicon about 2 years and got a chance to meet Rick and Morty co-creator Justin Roiland. I asked if he was a pinball fan since he had some pins in MortyTown in "Tales FromThe Citadel" episode. I was also thinking about doing a Rick and Morty retheme at the time.

Justin said he loved pinball and said would definetely support a Rick and Morty themed pinball game. He said they've been approached by a few manufacturers. I believe he was being honest because when I mentioned the name of one of them he immediately said "yeah that was one of them".

I made a post about it on pinside at the time but didnt reveal the name he recognized to spoil future reveals. The company name he said he recognized was Spooky Pinball.

Here's my original post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-morty-pinball/page/8#post-4070986

Good job getting the license Spooky! I think demand will be much higher than 750. Really looking forward to the full reveal.

#425 4 years ago
Quoted from Astill:

I think its about time for a modern theme. Im an old white guy and i love nostalgia but i am getting tired of the old themes. I think this is a step in the right direction.

You do know Rick & morty is doc & Marty from back to the future. An old theme with a modern twist. But still an old theme.

#426 4 years ago

So... What are the chances this will have a family mode.

Rick and Morty is a show I feel like I'd really enjoy if it wasn't so filthy. Justin Roiland always makes me laugh and I always laugh when my friends tell me about stuff in the show, but I just can't stand the swearing and adult jokes. Would love it there was a family mode, but somehow I get the feeling there won't be one.

#427 4 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Rick and Morty is a show I feel like I'd really enjoy if it wasn't so filthy. Justin Roiland always makes me laugh and I always laugh when my friends tell me about stuff in the show, but I just can't stand the swearing and adult jokes. Would love it there was a family mode, but somehow I get the feeling there won't be one.

Charlie confirmed that there will be a family mode

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

There is one for sure do not worry

#429 4 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Charlie has confirmed that it will have a family mode.

#430 4 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

I truly haven't been this excited about a new game since TZ was new.

Well, that beats me on South Park for sure.

#431 4 years ago
Quoted from Astill:

Good news! R&M started as a BTTF Doc & Marty parody...nostalgia is in its DNA!

#432 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tq=Family+mode&tu=

Maybe they'll have a "no humor" mode too, for all the humorless, uptight geezers.

#433 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tq=Family+mode&tu=
Maybe they'll have a "no humor" mode too, for all the humorless, uptight geezers.

If someone wants to put this on route I'm not sure all establishments would be ok with a game saying fuck or shit all the time. For some reason bars and breweries have become playgrounds.

#434 4 years ago

Cartoon pins are an untapped gold mine.

Lion King
Pokemon
SpongeBob
Aladdin
Duck Tales (with music from NES game)
Futurama (my dream license)
Anything anime
Mulan (more popular than you'd think)

Anything Disney or Nintendo would PRINT MONEY so fast it'd make the federal reserve blush.

#435 4 years ago

Hope this is in the game.

Funny stuff.

#436 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Charlie confirmed that there will be a family mode

Oh sweet, honestly I'm surprised, I wouldn't have expected them to do that with a theme like this.

And yeah, hopefully it won't just be muting all the callouts.

#437 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I think this is a perfect title for Spooky. Those saying they don't know about this show are in a bubble. The morning show I listen to referenced it today, you see their merch in the malls and Newbury Comics. Speaking of Newbury Comics, this their website at this very moment...
[quoted image]
I've personally tried to get into the show, watched a few episodes that I thought were ok, one which I thought was great, but I F'ing HATE Chris Parnell!!! How does this guy get work? He ruined every SNL bit he was on, was embarrassing to watch on Anchorman, and I get borderline violent when this thing comes on my TV...
[quoted image]
And he never changes his voice in anything he does. When I watch R&M and hear his voice, I immediately want to stop watching. He's like the personification of Jar Jar Binks. Instant cringe.

Chris Parnell has amazing comic timing. As soon as I read that about him you lost all credibility. Thanks, moving on.

#438 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Chris Parnell has amazing comic timing. As soon as I read that about him you lost all credibility. Thanks, moving on.

Genius casting.

#439 4 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

honestly I'm surprised, I wouldn't have expected them to do that with a theme like this.

I'm not. South Park has can be set to PG-13 or G Rated, and Playboy has 3 sets of play field inserts, fully-nude, semi-nude, and never-nude. Adjustable censorship makes perfect sense on any game.

#440 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

If someone wants to put this on route I'm not sure all establishments would be ok with a game saying fuck or shit all the time. For some reason bars and breweries have become playgrounds.

Not a problem.
Rob Zombie has a ton of four letter words in the call outs etc.
On that game there is a family mode setting that you can turn on if you want.
It even has an automated timer kind of feature where the game will go into adult mode after a certain time.
We have ours set to 9:00 so it gets pretty vulgar after the kids are in bed.

#441 4 years ago

Oh shit!! I just thought of something.......what if this is a diversion too?????

#442 4 years ago
Quoted from SlightlySnaked:

I'm not. South Park has can be set to PG-13 or G Rated, and Playboy has 3 sets of play field inserts, fully-nude, semi-nude, and never-nude. Adjustable censorship makes perfect sense on any game.

So does Family Guy & Metallica. Has there ever been an adult game without family settings?

#443 4 years ago
Quoted from SlightlySnaked:

did someone say.... never nude

Dda34r0VQAAKNPI (resized).jpgDda34r0VQAAKNPI (resized).jpg
#444 4 years ago

Never heard of it.

#445 4 years ago

Stoked to play it.

#446 4 years ago

I think the younger generation has way more issues with profanity and sexual content. Remember, Boomers were part of the free love hippie generation. We were OK with Playboy and Penthouse being on the shelves at the grocery store in the checkout line. We were OK with hard-R sex scenes in wide release movies. We were OK with scantily clad women on pinball machine backglasses and playfields. We believed in free speech and free will. And by *We* I mean both men and women.

Its the generations that came after it, Gen-X to some extent but mostly the Millennials, who have self-sensored themselves.

Boomers were very concerned about the government censoring what they could say and do. Millennials don't need any government involvement when it comes to censorship, they constantly censor each other.

I made the the Boomer cut by 19 days, so even though I am technically a Boomer, I am too young to have enjoyed the freedoms of self expression Boomers had, but I am old enough to have had to suffer through 100% of all the finger pointing and self-hatred of the following two generations; bad timing on my parent's part I guess.

Now back to your regular scheduled Rick and Morty programming, er, I mean personally bashing each other to bits on a pinball forum.

#447 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Cartoon pins are an untapped gold mine.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Scooby Doo
Justice League
Pinky and the Brain
GI Joe
He-Man
Thundercats

Stern can also retheme Batman: The Dark Knight, again, this time as Batman: The Animated Series. Of the three, that would be the version I'd be the most interested in. It was a legit good show.

Quoted from Coindork:

We have ours set to 9:00 so it gets pretty vulgar after the kids are in bed.

That's awesome, I never new that a timer was an option. I wish that was on other games.

#448 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

I think the younger generation has way more issues with profanity and sexual content.

I think there’s more context to it. People have finally been given the courage and power to speak up against exploitation, sexism, and rape culture. Gratuitous sex scenes in movies didn’t exist to further a story - it was there because audiences would pay to see tits. Comedians like Andrew Dice Clay were popular because of the “You can’t see this on TV” nature of the material...but, the comedy was generally “look at the tits on dat broad!”. Culture & comedy evolve every 5-10 years. The younger generation still likes profanity & sex in media - but not if it’s creepy, bigoted, exploitative or exclusionary.

#449 4 years ago

750 may be too low for a production number with this great theme, especially if it plays well.

For an LE 750 is a lot, but for only 750 RM pins that seems a bit low to me.

Either way, once I see it I will need to decide to buy or not buy pretty quick to lock in one.

Nice job Spooky!!!

#450 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So does Family Guy & Metallica. Has there ever been an adult game without family settings?

Dwight tried with Ghostbusters but had to add it after release due to the Puritan outcry.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 300.00
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.