20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 246.
#4401 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Okay... as there are a lot of people on here that have never seen, or heard of Rick and Morty... what is the one episode you would use to introduce them to the show for an overview. Surely not the pilot. I'd vote pickle rick episode but what would you guys say?

I always use Mr Meeseeks from season 1, or "Total Rickall" from season 2

#4402 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

The raffle sold out[quoted image]

Dang it, i missed out

#4403 4 years ago
Quoted from FunfZylidner:

I doubt it, I built that with my son and it's pretty big maybe 8~9" square by 3~4" tall.
Regards,
James

Amazon lists it at: 5 x 6.3 x 3.6 inches
But it is "lego" so hopefully it can be adjusted.
Would look cool in there.

#4404 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Daydreaming too much about how you think it should be is just setting yourself up for disappointment if it doesn't exactly match what you're thinking.
I can tell you that there is a messeeks box - it's the target on the right side below the upper flipper. We're currently using the meeseeks as a value multiplier (aka, they help you get more points). When you spawn one, it appears on a shot and that shot is worth more. How much more depends on how many meeseeks are 'live'. Then if they stay alive for too long, they 'go bad' and change color, and now that shot is worth LESS, not more, because they're salty and just wanna die.
That's just where it's at right now. Everything subject to change of course, and there are some plans on paper for more to do with the meeseeks that haven't been implemented yet.

I didn't set myself up disappointed at all. THAT'S AWESOME! It's identical to how I'd want to see it used. It helps you unless you take too long, and then it hurts you. PERFECT!

Oh man this game is gonna be awesome. People are gonna love it. The best part is watching others enjoy the game. I can't wait!

#4405 4 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Amazon lists it at: 5 x 6.3 x 3.6 inches
But it is "lego" so hopefully it can be adjusted.
Would look cool in there.

Would also like to know sizing of the house/garage for scale of figures. It looks kinda empty and would be great to add something like this to the garage and some figures to the yard. Just cuz dolls, you know.

#4406 4 years ago

I bought in, I think I'm #38 in line woot. One point of comment to the developers at Spooky. I sincerely hope that the parts currently shown as 3D printed don't make it into the final game? Nothing brings down the apparent quality of something than 3D printed parts, especially FDM printed parts.
In particular the Death Crystals jumped out at me...
Regards,
James[quoted image]

How do you know your number already? Wondering how Kaneda knows he's early from Joe at pinball star?

#4407 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Wondering how Kaneda knows he's early from Joe at pinball star?

Distributors might know which batch(es) they're in.

#4408 4 years ago

Idea:

Co-op Mode where each player is a member of the family. Player 4 is always Jerry because fuck player number 4.

#4409 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I didn't set myself up disappointed at all. THAT'S AWESOME! It's identical to how I'd want to see it used. It helps you unless you take too long, and then it hurts you. PERFECT!
Oh man this game is gonna be awesome. People are gonna love it. The best part is watching others enjoy the game. I can't wait!

Agreed. There is a lot of speculation but everything I have heard from the team, as far as ideas and what they are working on, is spot on. It is really exciting!

#4410 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Plumbus mod?
amazon.com link »

Purchased!

#4411 4 years ago

I bought in, I think I'm #38 in line woot. One point of comment to the developers at Spooky. I sincerely hope that the parts currently shown as 3D printed don't make it into the final game? Nothing brings down the apparent quality of something than 3D printed parts, especially FDM printed parts.
In particular the Death Crystals jumped out at me...
Regards,
James[quoted image]

Agreed. It is not difficult at all to create a mold. If you must use 3D printing and do so cheaply, go with SLA.

#4413 4 years ago

I finally caught up with the end of this thread and I've been following it from the start. Holy crap! I just wanted to congratulate Team Spooky on an exciting day as well as next year and a half. I'm not a fan of the show and I'm out of money anyway, but I'll be joining the fang club to show my support. I love my Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle and look forward to see what's coming down the pike 18 months from now. Wish you guys had gotten Godzilla. My other dream theme would be The Mummy. For now, I'm happy for everyone that got a R&M, Spooky is the best! I'm looking forward to playing it on location in the future.

#4414 4 years ago

1993 here.

#4415 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

I finally caught up with the end of this thread and I've been following it from the start. Holy crap! I just wanted to congratulate Team Spooky on an exciting day as well as next year and a half. I'm not a fan of the show and I'm out of money anyway, but I'll be joining the fang club to show my support. I love my Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle and look forward to see what's coming down the pike 18 months from now. Wish you guys had gotten Godzilla. My other dream theme would be The Mummy. For now, I'm happy for everyone that got a R&M, Spooky is the best! I'm looking forward to playing it on location in the future.

Ya, if I didn't get Rick and Morty I was going to get Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle

#4416 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Ya, if I didn't get Rick and Morty I was going to get Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle

Same here.

#4417 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Distributors might know which batch(es) they're in.

They knew what they had bought beforehand. I know my built #

#4419 4 years ago

I’m playing modern warfare with PickleDick right now for what it’s worth...

835553FF-9D3D-4767-B994-7E5BAD362A57 (resized).jpeg835553FF-9D3D-4767-B994-7E5BAD362A57 (resized).jpeg
#4420 4 years ago

Ouch, Ouch, Ouch!!!

#4421 4 years ago

Someone needs to work on more colorful integrated side blades. The ones in the photos are dark and appear to lack detail. Definitely some room for improvement there. Also where the crystals are, that seems like a place ripe for the mod community.

#4422 4 years ago

Can't wait to see some natural gameplay footage so I can check out the flow. As an owner of TNA im very excited to see this one at a future show.

#4423 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Someone needs to work on more colorful integrated side blades. The ones in the photos are dark and appear to lack detail. Definitely some room for improvement there. Also where the crystals are, that seems like a place ripe for the mod community.

I'm going to want a florescent outta space side blades.

#4424 4 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Can't wait to see some natural gameplay footage so I can check out the flow. As an owner of TNA im very excited to see this one at a future show.

One side of me wants to check out every footage of game play. But... The other side want to go thru the portal hole and explore with my grandson in tow. With me drinking of course.

#4425 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I'm going to want a florescent outta space side blades.

Curious how that would be licensed...I would think I'd would have to go through Spooky

#4426 4 years ago

I am thinking about trying out some Mirror Blades (and possibly etching the Portal on them).

#4427 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Curious how that would be licensed...I would think I'd would have to go through Spooky

I'll make my own. May not be this but something with COLOR

16987349 (resized).jpg16987349 (resized).jpg
#4428 4 years ago

I didn't really know if I was going to be able to get my hands on one in Europe, but it seems like I have been blessed!

You son of a bitch, I'm in!

#4429 4 years ago

I’m sure spooky has tons of molding sources but as a pin head I do own a tooling biz where we just specialize in injection molds. Made many for the pin industry already,
Just in case they get stuck on making a part.......

#4430 4 years ago

Rick and Morty pinball from Spooky Pinball
Voted as Hottest Pinside thread of 2019
For all the right reasons

Congratulations team Spooky

#4431 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Dang it, i missed out

Same! I had to pickup one of my kids and lost track of the time! ‍‍

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#4432 4 years ago

How many raffle tix were sold?

#4433 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

200...$17000 was the goal.

#4434 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I believe it was 200 raffle tickets.

#4435 4 years ago

Nice. Great charity!

#4436 4 years ago
Quoted from Bitbuster:

I don‘t really see a problem with using a toy on playfield that‘s readily available. If it does the job why go through the (costly) lengths of doing the same thing as a custom toy? It would only drive the price of the machine up.
So I think it‘s actually a smart move by spooky. Saves us money and them money.

As a TSPP owner, I’m glad they used the Playmates “World of Simpsons” figures. I can get replacement figures whenever, as well as ones they didn’t ship in the machine.

Prime example, my Cletus that showed up today. He will soon be gracing the left orbit of my TSPP.

CE093D3C-7DFE-45B4-8403-C95F37C9CBFF (resized).jpegCE093D3C-7DFE-45B4-8403-C95F37C9CBFF (resized).jpeg
#4437 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Idea:
Co-op Mode where each player is a member of the family. Player 4 is always Jerry because fuck player number 4.

Excellent idea!!... 1-3 players in Co-op mode are assigned randomly, Summer, Rick or Morty but # 4.... Thats ALWAYS fuckin Jerry!

#4438 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

As a TSPP owner, I’m glad they used the Playmates “World of Simpsons” figures. I can get replacement figures whenever, as well as ones they didn’t ship in the machine.
Prime example, my Cletus that showed up today. He will soon be gracing the left orbit of my TSPP.[quoted image]

I don't get the whole "I'm glad they used stock toys because I can get cheap replacement parts" argument. You're paying $7000+. What is all that cost for if not to development and produce some new stuff? You can look at it like you get cheap replacement parts later, or like you're overpaying for them the first time. TSPP was before the era of $7000 games so I don't think it's quite a fair comparison, but these days with these prices I think the price warrants original parts unique to the game, not an amalgamation of existing parts. I wonder if they pursued this theme in part because of the wealth of licensed toys available to use in the game? I hope it doesn't become a trend in the industry to cut costs by repurposing bulk item toys.

#4439 4 years ago

Pick between: Rick, Morty, Summer, Beth and Mr Poopybutthole
Player 4 is always FUCKING Jerry

#4440 4 years ago

I know I've been out of the pin scene for a while. 15 to 20 years ago we spent all our time sharing on rec.games.pinball. The past 6 months I reacquired the bug and began rebuilding a collection.

I find it funny that some folks here think 750 is a high number of machines to produce. We would give a left arm to find a production number that low.
Maybe if this was a general release or Pro/Premium/LE release stream and the LE were 750 that might be high. 750 for a total run is still low.

Think about it. How often do you think you'll see one of these machines on a route. Most will never see anything more than the basement/garage they move into.

I am soooo stoked to have stumbled on this release for my first NIB pinball machine. Can't wait to play with features never before released, like the DDL.

Thanks Spooky, looking forward to playing this game!

#4441 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

wealth of licensed toys available

You have never shopped for Rick and Morty toys......have you. There is not alot outside of Funko Pops

#4442 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

What is all that cost for if not to development and produce some new stuff?

Have you ever had tooling made up to produce things?

I’m guessing not. It costs a shitload.

The only way it is viable is to make 10,000s of parts and spread the initial cost across them all.

Doesn’t work for 750 items. Unless you want a $150 per each plastic spaceship.

rd

#4443 4 years ago

I hadn't heard of the show before the hype for this game. I watched the first 3 episodes today and I was dying. Such a great show! I think this pin is going to be a lot of fun.

#4444 4 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

I know I've been out of the pin scene for a while. 15 to 20 years ago we spent all our time sharing on rec.games.pinball. The past 6 months I reacquired the bug and began rebuilding a collection.
I find it funny that some folks here think 750 is a high number of machines to produce. We would give a left arm to find a production number that low.
Maybe if this was a general release or Pro/Premium/LE release stream and the LE were 750 that might be high. 750 for a total run is still low.
Think about it. How often do you think you'll see one of these machines on a route. Most will never see anything more than the basement/garage they move into.
I am soooo stoked to have stumbled on this release for my first NIB pinball machine. Can't wait to play with features never before released, like the DDL.
Thanks Spooky, looking forward to playing this game!

Honestly, even though I wasn't completely blown away by the reveal, this is why I bought one. I live in the middle of nowhere. I most likely would never even get to flip one otherwise.

#4445 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

ay by the reveal, this is why I bought one. I live in the middle of nowhere. I most likely

Funny, me too.

...and you are not that far away!

#4446 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I hadn't heard of the show before the hype for this game. I watched the first 3 episodes today and I was dying. Such a great show! I think this pin is going to be a lot of fun.

And it gets better , keep watching .

#4447 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Have you ever had tooling made up to produce things?
I’m guessing not. It costs a shitload.
The only way it is viable is to make 10,000s of parts and spread the initial cost across them all.
Doesn’t work for 750 items. Unless you want a $150 per each plastic spaceship.
rd

$150 for one of the main toys in a $7000 machine? That almost sounds cheap!

#4448 4 years ago

So RM2 reveal from Spooky next week?

#4449 4 years ago

Look. I don't want you guys to think I don't like the spaceship. In fact, I've already ordered one from Amazon. I have lots of 7 segment led displays on hand and various leds, buttons, and switches. I'm going to see what I can come up with over Christmas vacation.

#4450 4 years ago

Sold out in four hours and no more to be made... I wrote it before this machine could easily sell 3000 units.. hottest theme at the moment.

Spooky no one would begrudge you making more. A true supporter would want Spooky to flourish and grow. Make hay when the sun shines.

Congratulations to the whole design team. Four hour sell out is the best compliment you can get.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
$ 13,500.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/89?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.