20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 246.
#4201 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Remember folks we got the custom speech and the real show video and music plus Scott (who is a real musician) made some awesome music to. Dont be to hard on us about the ship lol. We had to have SO MANY things approved. The whole team threw everything they could at this and it really came down to the wire time wise. For a first major license I really believe we acquired a ton of assets! We have already learned alot and have many things on the agenda to improve in the future.

You know how many pinball machines I've made in my life Luke? 0.

You're doing great.

#4202 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

The one thing is, they cant say they weren't warned! There was ample time.

eh? there was no hint when it would go on sale.. and even when it was announced, it was less than 24hr notice... a mere 14hrs... of which most of it was overnight for most of the world. And that was only 12 days after the club and game were even announced.

#4203 4 years ago

In all honesty, I blew the budget out of the water here. It may not look like it from the surface, but this is a packed machine. For instance, there are 16 opto pairs in this game and I had to cut that back a bit to get it to 16. I even threw in the magna save as a sacrificial BOM item, thinking it would just be ok to remove it later if I needed to cut cost, but it ended up being so fun that we had to leave it in there. There was actually nothing noticeable cut from the game and I truly owe that to Charlie letting me get away with it here. The comments about lack of toys on the top of the playfield is not a concern for me as the modding community is so strong, they will come up with some awesome stuff for it. Not everyone likes a ton of stuff on the top of the playfield. We did get the portal gun, the house, the ship with all of it's controllable lights, the flooble crank, and the death crystals into the game. This, to me, looks great as is, but I cannot wait to see how you guys mod the crap out of these games.

And thank you all for the kind words. I have poured my heart into this semi-wacky design over the past 2 years and am really happy with how it turned out. I was really just trying some neat ideas I had for a playfield that was a bit different than the standard. BTW, the pop is absolutely my favorite part of the game. Second place is the new lock design, but not by much.

--Scott

#4204 4 years ago

Scott are you also working on the rules?

#4205 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

In all honesty, I blew the budget out of the water here. It may not look like it from the surface, but this is a packed machine. For instance, there are 16 opto pairs in this game and I had to cut that back a bit to get it to 16. I even threw in the magna save as a sacrificial BOM item, thinking it would just be ok to remove it later if I needed to cut cost, but it ended up being so fun that we had to leave it in there. There was actually nothing noticeable cut from the game and I truly owe that to Charlie letting me get away with it here. The comments about lack of toys on the top of the playfield is not a concern for me as the modding community is so strong, they will come up with some awesome stuff for it. Not everyone likes a ton of stuff on the top of the playfield. We did get the portal gun, the house, the ship with all of it's controllable lights, the flooble crank, and the death crystals into the game. This, to me, looks great as is, but I cannot wait to see how you guys mod the crap out of these games.
And thank you all for the kind words. I have poured my heart into this semi-wacky design over the past 2 years and am really happy with how it turned out. I was really just trying some neat ideas I had for a playfield that was a bit different than the standard. BTW, the pop is absolutely my favorite part of the game. Second place is the new lock design, but not by much.
--Scott

can't agree with you more holding back on more 3d figurines and other mods that I personally think aren't necessary. Let the mod community sell those and folks can junk it up as much as they want. I think what you included is sufficient. Good choice.

#4206 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Not all toys are awesome. Putting something on a spring just seems lazy, like they didn't bother to find a more interesting and complex mechanical function for it. Having it be an off the shelf toy that already has lights in it makes it even less special. I think when you buy a $7000+ pinball machine, you think of it in some sense like a box of expensive toys that work together, and part of the reason we all pay so much for them is because they're unique to the game.
If you take the sum of parts in the Rick and Morty game, is it worth the price tag? That's up to each buyer... But I think I'd feel a little disappointed that the centerpiece toy is not unique to the game, even if it is incorporated well. I didn't feel the need to order this game so it's not a problem for me. Maybe I'll even buy myself the ship for $15 and glue a pinball to it and feel like I got a piece of the game.

There’s not much in the way of what people call toys that I’d call awesome. I rarely even notice Smaug on Hobbit, and that’s one of the most elaborate toys around. The Borg ship in TNG is huge, but to me it’s just a bunch of plastic to hide mechs. Why spend a ton of cash putting gigantic cosmetic toys in a game?

To me functional design elements are more interesting, cause you interact with them in the game. Like the drawbridge in MM or the crate in SS. Toys are more to fill space and make the table look more like a “world under glass”. I think the ship and house do that nicely, and there’s a big swath of space on the left of R&M to put anything you like. I suspect I’ll go with the TV showing Intergalactic Cable if someone makes one, cause Intergalactic Cable is mind-numbing fun, and it’ll give me something to watch while the bonus counts up.

#4207 4 years ago

--Scott

Are 15 of those opto pairs in the Sanesi lock 2.0? Also how many Flooble cranks does one need for great alien advancements?

#4208 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Scott are you also working on the rules?

Yes, I am also helping with the rules.

Quoted from delt31:

can't agree with you more holding back on more 3d figurines and other mods that I personally think aren't necessary. Let the mod community sell those and folks can junk it up as much as they want. I think what you included is sufficient. Good choice.

I used way too much money elsewhere on the game mechanics. I am still getting yelled at by the team for it, but it's worth it.

#4209 4 years ago

Did it start as R&M, or did that come after the initial layout concepts?

#4210 4 years ago

Wonder if this little guy will fit into the garage?

RM_SpaceshipAndGarage_turnaround02 (resized).jpgRM_SpaceshipAndGarage_turnaround02 (resized).jpg
#4211 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Did it start as R&M, or did that come after the initial layout concepts?

I knew it was Rick and Morty from the beginning. But I designed the new lock beforehand.

#4212 4 years ago

flerp
Don't believe I've ever seen ya post here, but I LOVE yer damn avatar. Perfect fuckin album.
CHOPPED IN HALF

#4213 4 years ago

--Scott

As of a few days ago, I never new anything about Rick & Morty. Since reading everything in this thread, along with a company that really cares about their customers. I joined the fang club last weekend and bought a BSE today.

It’s great to support and cheer for a small company that deserves all the success they had today. This is definitely the best of times for Pinball.

#4214 4 years ago

This seemed like a fitting t-shirt to wear today. Congrats to Spooky and Scott on the near instant sellout! Can't wait for my BS edition! I don't remember a pin that I was this excited to play.

IMG_20191216_211754 (resized).jpgIMG_20191216_211754 (resized).jpg

#4215 4 years ago

Spooky is so awesome! They just had the biggest day of their company, and two of their main players are on here talking pinball...unbelievable dedication and love (obsession) for the business.

#4216 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

This seemed like a fitting t-shirt to wear today

classic shirt.. before most of the world knew he was awesome.

#4217 4 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Wonder if this little guy will fit into the garage?[quoted image]

I just bought one. I'll find out later.

#4218 4 years ago

You guys think Uncle Gary said "ahhh, fuck the tonic" tonight?
BARKEEP! JUST GIMME THE BOTTLE.

#4219 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

The Borg ship in TNG is huge, but to me it’s just a bunch of plastic to hide mechs. Why spend a ton of cash putting gigantic cosmetic toys in a game?

Because it FIRES the ball right at the flippers!

#4220 4 years ago

Pages of music speculation and no one mentions Toni Toni Tone!? Purge MB or we riot Scott!

#4221 4 years ago

I could really care less about the number of dolls in my machines.

#4222 4 years ago

So, i've never even been close to a n.i.b, but I now have a one on order!!!!! very excited for everyone that was as horned up as me to get their hands on one.

#4223 4 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Pages of music speculation and no one mentions Toni Toni Tone!?

Nice call. That was hysterical.

#4224 4 years ago

Where can I find a list of the add ons, Shaker, Knocker & lighted speaker. Ect.. Ect...
I want to be ready when you contact me Spooky.

#4225 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Chris just called me! He said if they cancel your order he will donate $200! (true)

I’ll donate $500 of he cancels both of their spots

#4226 4 years ago

--Scott

Great job Scott and Spooky!

Game looks amazing and fun. Appreciate all the work you put in to make it. Can't wait to play it.

#4227 4 years ago
Quoted from Elix72:

Coding....editing...testing...Check. Sleeping? Not so much.[quoted image]

One of the smartest things Spooky has done, was to hire Eric to code this game!

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#4228 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Where can I find a list of the add ons, Shaker, Knocker & lighted speaker. Ect.. Ect...
I want to be ready when you contact me Spooky.

This was posted previous in thread somewhere

"Here is the breakdown of ACNC from the email I received from Spooky

Nightmare Castle Game 6,450

Knocker Kit & Installation Fee 45

Shaker Kit & Installation Fee 120

Interior Cabinet Decals 65

Butter Edition Cabinet 999

5 Pc. Plastic Protector Set 35

Bill Acceptor Door Upgrade 35

Interactive RGB Speaker Kit 95

Monster Mirrors & Installation 95

(Mirrors not installed -$85)

Scary Blue Powder Coat 125

Coin Box and Lid 40"

#4229 4 years ago

These are getting delivered based on proximity to the Adult Swim offices, right? #myLongWaitBegins

#4230 4 years ago

For you 5 guys getting a standard: the hammered grey powdercoat on my ACNC is SO freakin pretty. Nicest powdercoat of all my machines, fwiw. It's textured too; just gorgeous.

#4231 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

These are getting delivered based on proximity to the Adult Swim offices, right? #myLongWaitBegins

You would assume so....doesn’t bode well for me though.

#4232 4 years ago

Im excited to see what bowen comes up with too, Is this the first machine he has coded for? Probably has some cool ideas hes had in the back of his brain for a long time..

#4233 4 years ago

Nice, games linked above.

#4234 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

For you 5 guys getting a standard: the hammered grey powdercoat on my ACNC is SO freakin pretty. Nicest powdercoat of all my machines, fwiw. It's textured too; just gorgeous.

Yea its one of my faves, I did my maiden in it two and really like it.. Its going to be a lonely club though!

PFM_1768.JPGPFM_1768.JPG

#4235 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

I’ll donate $500 of he cancels both of their spots

I agree with most of youz....the best podcasts are the ones I'm on...........coming soon!

#4236 4 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Im excited to see what bowen comes up with too, Is this the first machine he has coded for? Probably has some cool ideas hes had in the back of his brain for a long time..

Bowen helped with Alice Cooper . The modes and rules on that game really are great.

#4237 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Amen ... rumor has it Stern passed on R&M
bet they are kicking themselves in the ass now......

Maybe not so much... if they'd done it there would have been no lights in the toy, two flippers only in an italian bottom, 3 bumpers up high, on a fan layout, with no real actor callouts and a softwood playfield.... yawn!

...and then it wouldn't have had the hype, and would have wound up as another lame cookie cutter riding merely on a theme and some code. Would have simply ended up being the flop they predicted it would be. Ironic.

Thank you Spooky Pinball for doing something cool and different with a great modern theme!

*Also Thank You Adult Swim for getting together with a pinball maker clearly passionate about PINBALL!

#4238 4 years ago

So you see the game less than 24 hours ago for the first time and your first thought is how can I mod it? You don’t even fully know the gameplay elements yet. Can’t people enjoy a stock game anymore?

Quoted from monkfe:

Yeah the first thing you could start with is that cheesy ship, I could see that with a clear windshield with rick and morty at the controls...? Not sure how the spring motion incorporates into the game play, but maybe mounted off the house?

#4239 4 years ago

Good night Rick and Morty. It's been a long day.

#4240 4 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Bowen doesn’t code, but he helps manage the rule design. His first game was ACNC working with a different coder. Is this Eric P’s first game coding at Spooky?

#4241 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Wow. You're right. Not only did they put a toy on a spring but it isn't even an original toy.

Game gets a very low score for toys, hopefully the ruleset, sound and lights make up for it.

I really wanted some figures in this pin, but we only got the spaceship.

I'm still pretty hyped I got one though

All the toys on TSPP are from toys r us. I recently bought a replacement scratchy for a fraction of the price from part sites and it was sealed!!! Came with both itchy and scratchy for 15 buks! Both toys cost 70 buks on part sites(sold out everywhere).
I even bought duffman and added him as an official feeling mod instead of some 3d printed junk

Quoted from The_Casual:

Comic Book guy was also a toy in TSPP, which is nice if he ever breaks. I really don't mind a repurposed ship, easily replaced and probably saved me some $ on build.

#4242 4 years ago

HEY, read up, relax throughout the night on this thread please so I don't have to spend 1/4 of my workday catching up, thanks

#4243 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Nice drapes!

that's where the inspiration for the BSE powdercoat came from!

#4244 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Bowen doesn’t code, but he helps manage the rule design. His first game was ACNC working with a different coder. Is this Eric P’s first game coding at Spooky?

Yes this is the first game Eric has worked on for Spooky .

#4245 4 years ago

~$75 custom (second) ball trough; no one cares. $25 bash toy that leans back when a ball hits it; orgasm?

I'm not a Spooky insider, but it seems to me that the money was spent on *true* ball interaction.

Am I seeing 3 physical balls locks on this playfield? Had this EVER been done?

#4246 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

~$75 custom (second) ball trough; no one cares. $25 bash toy that leans back when a ball hits it; orgasm?
I'm not a Spooky insider, but it seems to me that the money was spent on *true* ball interaction.
Am I seeing 3 physical balls locks on this playfield? Had this EVER been done?

done (resized).jpgdone (resized).jpg
#4247 4 years ago

I’m ready to flip this thing! Bitch. Already have a minty pin gulp ready to go.

#4248 4 years ago

It's a great time for pinball... So amazing we have so many choices.

Spooky rules man. I love the indie vibe they give off.

Having said that, I also own The Munsters, Jurassic Park, Elvira, and CGC's Monster Bash.

It's a great time to be alive.

#4249 4 years ago

I didn't see it posted;
But does anyone have a tally of how many hours:minutes it took to sell out the 750?
I figured it was worse than TPF hotel rooms; but I could be wrong.

#4250 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

So you see the game less than 24 hours ago for the first time and your first thought is how can I mod it? You don’t even fully know the gameplay elements yet. Can’t people enjoy a stock game anymore?

I was responding to the gentleman who was inquiring of doing several mods and getting no response , I simply said the ship could use some attention (cheesy I believe was the descriptor), not meant to diminish the efforts of the the designers in any way (I've purchased the machine after all). As he said the mod community will get right into that at make something really nice. WOZ's witch comes to mind. Can I play a machine without looking at doing mods? Sure, but I'm always looking at how something could be made better, different, improved that's the engineer in me (not that I'm an engineer) and that's the heart of the mod community of which I'm grateful for in Pinball they've made great improvements on so many machines.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
9,300 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/85?hl=monkfe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.