20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 246.
#4151 4 years ago

Coding....editing...testing...Check. Sleeping? Not so much.

4153A5E2-F886-4792-88BF-12D88505BD33 (resized).jpeg4153A5E2-F886-4792-88BF-12D88505BD33 (resized).jpeg
#4152 4 years ago

Is the basketball hoop on the house a shot? how long till somebody gets a ball stuck in it?

#4153 4 years ago

Is Haunted House Party the next pin ;P

#4154 4 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

For less money as well - $3195 in 1994 = $5,545 in 2019. BSE at $7520 vs TAFG at $5545.

BS inflation rate used to keep people from realizing how bad inflation really is.

Price of gas was 1.15$ in 1994. It's 2.80$ now, (on a good day). Could compare a million other real world retail items, but you get the point.

#4155 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I did not buy a game, but I am rooting for spooky! Congrats guys on creating a game that so many people are passionate about and love. Looking forward to playing one on location.

Dude, you have pins on location now, would this not be a license to print money in the correct location??

#4156 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Price of gas was 1.15$ in 1994. It's 2.80$ now, (on a good day). Could compare a million other real world retail items, but you get the point.

Many of them not carrying an Eponymous Tax, even.

#4157 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

I don’t think anybody listens to his podcast for his opinions, just for the inside info he gets.

I listen for his opinions and inside info. Much more interesting than the standard pinball ass kissing content.

back to the topic - spooky nailed this one. Congrats.

#4158 4 years ago

I think I have Rick and Morty on the brain I'm seeing portals all over my living room!

IMG_20191216_202345 (resized).jpgIMG_20191216_202345 (resized).jpg
#4159 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

I never quite got this one... toys are awesome. Toys on springs....suck?
Should Spooky mount the ship on a stick? Like all the other Hallmark ornaments people are going to stuff all over their tables the instant they get them? Would the ship be cool then?
The ship is stuffed with RGB LEDs. That's more than I can say about the TIE fighter on my Star Wars, or any of the molded figures on my MBRSE, and I don't much care that it has been seen in another product before.

Not all toys are awesome. Putting something on a spring just seems lazy, like they didn't bother to find a more interesting and complex mechanical function for it. Having it be an off the shelf toy that already has lights in it makes it even less special. I think when you buy a $7000+ pinball machine, you think of it in some sense like a box of expensive toys that work together, and part of the reason we all pay so much for them is because they're unique to the game.

If you take the sum of parts in the Rick and Morty game, is it worth the price tag? That's up to each buyer... But I think I'd feel a little disappointed that the centerpiece toy is not unique to the game, even if it is incorporated well. I didn't feel the need to order this game so it's not a problem for me. Maybe I'll even buy myself the ship for $15 and glue a pinball to it and feel like I got a piece of the game.

#4160 4 years ago

Kenada has the most listenable, entertaining podcast, hands down.

That being said I think he's a piece of shit I would never wanna know in real life. His opinions are idiotic. His original take on Rick & Morty was these would sit and everyone would have a chance to buy one. His constant nagging on Willy Wonka for not being another DVD-clip machine, etc, etc.

But again, it's definitely the most entertaining (and timely) podcast. Like this morning he dropped a podcast right before the rick & morty launch, nobody else is doing that. Kinda fun to hear his take even if I usually only agree with 30% of it.

BUT IF THEY HATE HIM WHY DO THEY LISTEN!?

Most common answer...they wanna hear what he says next.

#4161 4 years ago
Quoted from Elix72:

Coding....editing...testing...Check. Sleeping? Not so much.[quoted image]

Nice drapes!

#4162 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

A nightmare before Christmas!

I would buy that theme. That is a disney title. The good news is there is no actors you have two worry about for clips just the music.

#4163 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Not all toys are awesome. Putting something on a spring just seems lazy, like they didn't bother to find a more interesting and complex mechanical function for it. Having it be an off the shelf toy that already has lights in it makes it even less special. I think when you buy a $7000+ pinball machine, you think of it in some sense like a box of expensive toys that work together, and part of the reason we all pay so much for them is because they're unique to the game.
If you take the sum of parts in the Rick and Morty game, is it worth the price tag? That's up to each buyer... But I think I'd feel a little disappointed that the centerpiece toy is not unique to the game, even if it is incorporated well. I didn't feel the need to order this game so it's not a problem for me. Maybe I'll even buy myself the ship for $15 and glue a pinball to it and feel like I got a piece of the game.

Look someone else didn't get one.

#4164 4 years ago
Quoted from Bitbuster:

Looks like they used this for the spaceship on the playfield:
https://paladone.com/ukb2c/ricks-ship-usb-light[quoted image][quoted image]

would he a good idea to buy a couple of these for parts.

The simpsons pinball party used the the toys r us toys and they cost 30+ dollars and are sold out on part sites.
You can buy the toy sealed in box for 10-30 buks.
Stern just glued the moving parts down and removed the voice chips from the toys.

#4165 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Subway portal seems to take up a lot of space on the middle left, wish they could have added some shots there.
[quoted image]

I had the same thought but there's an entire ball trough under there for staging multiple balls.

#4166 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Kenada has the most listenable, entertaining podcast, hands down.
That being said I think he's a piece of shit I would never wanna know in real life. His opinions are idiotic. His original take on Rick & Morty was these would sit and everyone would have a chance to buy one. His constant nagging on Willy Wonka for not being another
DVD-clip machine, etc, etc.
But again, it's definitely the most entertaining (and timely) podcast. Like this morning he dropped a podcast right before the rick & morty launch, nobody else is doing that. Kinda fun to hear his take even if I usually only agree with 30% of it.
BUT IF THEY HATE HIM WHY DO THEY LISTEN!?
Most common answer...they wanna hear what he says next.

Agreed . His podcast is the easiest to listen to and he spends ALOT of time feeding us episodes. He gives his opinions good and bad .
I dont always agree but I am always entertained.

#4167 4 years ago

Can we start using RAM rather than R&M? Ampersands are a pain.

#4168 4 years ago

Raise your hand if this thread is moving too fast for you to keep up

#4169 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I would buy that theme. That is a disney title. The good news is there is no actors you have two worry about for clips just the music.

Yeah just Emmy and Grammy award winnning Danny Elfman's music; prob real cheap.

#4170 4 years ago

Not a theme for me but I’m hoping that the location by me buys one so I can check it out. Looks like it could be interesting.

#4171 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Wow. You're right. Not only did they put a toy on a spring but it isn't even an original toy.

Game gets a very low score for toys, hopefully the ruleset, sound and lights make up for it.

I really wanted some figures in this pin, but we only got the spaceship.

I'm still pretty hyped I got one though

#4172 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

The devil's advocate argument is do you want them spending time and money creating designs for items which already exist? I suppose they could have licensed one of the existing 3D designs that are out there but I don't see what they would do differently. Of course the spring situation is disappointing but I have some ideas on how to fix that and for a better ship.

Also a bit disappointing that I don't see a large green swirly portal somewhere that the ball goes in to and disappears (ala Dialed In or such).

But I wasn't expecting much more, I just played ACNC for the first time and the expansiveness of the toys/theming is a bit scaled back. Then again, these aren't $10k (average) machines. I expect more from JJP but for the price range I think a boutique shop with a great license such as this has to strike that fine balance. Seems like they could have gone $7.5k off the bat and included some more niceties like more unique custom toys.

#4173 4 years ago

Okay, so I have a question that doesn't seem like it's been resolved yet. On the under pf image, there is a flipper sized coil at the middle back of the playfield. The actual mech looks like it's sitting underneath the right side of the house. What is this controlling? We have the Flooble Crank which lines up with it, but Charlie said there's a captive ball back there, so it's probably not for that. It does not appear to be related to the center scoop. It looks like the right inner orbit leads to it?

223641cd374c6d4bfec72b9f75d21a2a5d4c73e1[1] (resized).jpg223641cd374c6d4bfec72b9f75d21a2a5d4c73e1[1] (resized).jpg
d86db0cbb39172481bf7f0459ce9d45f8b6826b4[1] (resized).jpgd86db0cbb39172481bf7f0459ce9d45f8b6826b4[1] (resized).jpg

#4174 4 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

Game gets a very low score for toys, hopefully the ruleset, sound and lights make up for it.
I really wanted some figures in this pin, but we only got the spaceship.
I'm still pretty hyped I got one though

I want to produce stuff like this but I don't want to get dinged for not having them licensed. I am guessing others will be making stuff without licensing. I have calls in to Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and a few contacts to SpookyCharlie but haven't heard back from anyone. Major character figures, theming elements from the show, better launch button, etc. But everything needs their IP.

#4175 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Okay, so I have a question that doesn't seem like it's been resolved yet. On the under pf image, there is a flipper sized coil at the middle back of the playfield. The actual mech looks like it's sitting underneath the right side of the house. What is this controlling? We have the Flooble Crank which lines up with it, but Charlie said there's a captive ball back there, so it's probably not for that. It does not appear to be related to the center scoop. It looks like the right inner orbit leads to it?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Most likely a diverter.

#4176 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Diverter to direct the right orbit to the garage or loop it around at the upper flipper from across the playfield.
--Scott

#4177 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I believe it's discussed in the video...its a diverter

#4178 4 years ago

THE POWER OF HAVING A STRONG THEME.

11 days in and this thread raced past American Pinball's 1 year old Oktoberfest thread in length

And no-one is talking about RAZA, either.

#4179 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Diverter to direct the right orbit to the garage or loop it around at the upper flipper from across the playfield.
--Scott

It took less than 2 minutes for me to get an answer to a question directly from the designer of the game. Unreal. Thank you!

#4180 4 years ago

--Scott

What are you most excited about in R&M Scott Sanesi?

#4181 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

It took less than 2 minutes for me to get an answer to a question directly from the designer of the game. Unreal. Thank you!

Yes, this is an alternate universe to the rest of pinside.

#4182 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

New flyers most likely

#4183 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, this is an alternate universe to the rest of pinside.

Truly this thread is the brightest timeline.

#4184 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

I am most excited about going to the DMV and filing for my name change!

#4185 4 years ago

And your preferred pronoun based on how you now identify yourself?

#4186 4 years ago

It’s really too bad I feel like you kind of had a brand going there...

#4187 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Rare early clear pressing, actually highly collectible and sought after. Had it as a kid, sold it for like 80. 120 is a bit high 100 is a fair price. 10/10 album, a modern classic. But I digress.

I fucking love Soundgarden but 90s major label vinyl tends be pretty shitty. Back in my record store days, I’d see something like this and see $$$ due to the rarity of the label doing vinyl and price it at like $50. I proper reissues slay.

#4188 4 years ago

Love the Sanesi Lock on TNA

#4189 4 years ago

Also clear vinyl tends to suck for whatever reason

The clear sucks!

#4190 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I want to produce stuff like this but I don't want to get dinged for not having them licensed. I am guessing others will be making stuff without licensing. I have calls in to Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and a few contacts to spookycharlie but haven't heard back from anyone. Major character figures, theming elements from the show, better launch button, etc. But everything needs their IP.

Yeah the first thing you could start with is that cheesy ship, I could see that with a clear windshield with rick and morty at the controls...? Not sure how the spring motion incorporates into the game play, but maybe mounted off the house?

#4191 4 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Also clear vinyl tends to suck for whatever reason
The clear sucks!

I have noticed this too. Maybe because it is softer or something without the pigment in it?

#4192 4 years ago

The only thing Im a TAD disappointed about is that it doesnt come with a coin ejector like safecracker where you get a token for beating the wizard mode, then put the token in and go back to the carpet store to play ROY for a super wizard mode.

#4193 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Yeah the first thing you could start with is that cheesy ship, I could see that with a clear windshield with rick and morty at the controls...? Not sure how the spring motion incorporates into the game play, but maybe mounted off the house?

Did you notice that when the ship lights up, the silhouettes of Rick and Morty show up? I thought that was kinda neat.

#4194 4 years ago

Remember folks we got the custom speech and the real show video and music plus Scott (who is a real musician) made some awesome music to. Dont be to hard on us about the ship lol. We had to have SO MANY things approved. The whole team threw everything they could at this and it really came down to the wire time wise. For a first major license I really believe we acquired a ton of assets! We have already learned alot and have many things on the agenda to improve in the future.

#4195 4 years ago

I have noticed this too. Maybe because it is softer or something without the pigment in it?

It dimples.

#4196 4 years ago

How about Haunted ROAD House Party?

"Pain don't hurt"

#4197 4 years ago

--Scott

I love this. Question addressed immediately by designer.

Damn - I'm excited to get mine.

#4198 4 years ago

Drooling

092215ED-D210-421F-BB86-C7E1292EC8B9 (resized).jpeg092215ED-D210-421F-BB86-C7E1292EC8B9 (resized).jpeg
#4199 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Remember folks we got the custom speech and the real show video and music plus Scott (who is a real musician) made some awesome music to. Dont be to hard on us about the ship lol. We had to have SO MANY things approved. The whole team threw everything they could at this and it really came down to the wire time wise. For a first major license I really believe we acquired a ton of assets! We have already learned alot and have many things on the agenda to improve in the future.

so you have call outs other than Rick and Morty right? Seems like you guys really nailed the assets part of it.

#4200 4 years ago

Scott + this theme = instant sellout.

Of course all the other great folks at Spooky working their tails off didn’t hurt.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Saginaw, MI
8,800 (OBO)
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/84?hl=okayestpinballer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.