20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 246.
#4101 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If spooky wants to cancel the Dbags order, I will donate $100 to a charity of their choice.

Most ridiculous post I think I've ever seen on this website. You know we have enough divide in politics and then you bring it to pinball. Who do you think you're to ask a manufacturer to cancel an order. Worse you say you'll donate $100 so they should cancel an order for 7500 for your $100 bucks? HUH how does that math work?

No one agrees with everyone. Kaneda is a person with a podcast and he has opinions choose not to listen or ignore him. You can start your own podcast and have your own opinions and see where you end up. Its America the minute we start banning people from buying things because they express an opinion you don't like, we're no longer America. You should apologize for that comment because its absurd.

Congrats to Kaneda for getting one of these games! Congrats to everyone who got the game they wanted. Congrats to everyone who will buy Guns N Roses, Stranger Things, Elvira or whatever you want! Have fun its pinball. Lets hope people don't start banning people from buying their games over differences of opinion. WOW!

#4102 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Themes that didn't hit their peak pre-1970 sell pretty well in small quantities.

I doubt AP last 2 Titles sold 750 Combined

#4103 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

I doubt AP last 2 Titles sold 750 Combined

I think you're close! But they're learning and will figure it out. You got a real dedicated owner to creating a successful pinball company. Time will tell!

But what does that have to do with Spooky nothing.

#4104 4 years ago
Quoted from Thenewguy1337:

It is totally awesome they sold out so quick, but I do feel bad that non Fang members never even had a chance :/

they had the chance to sign up just like the rest of us.

#4105 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Missed out, so the Doc prescribed me these [quoted image]

He should have gave you multiballs.

#4106 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

People saying Pinside represents a minority when it comes to buying pinball machines are kidding themselves. This game proved that.

Would be good to know some numbers before we start celebrating.

# Pinsiders who claim this in their collection 18 months from now / 750 = ? If Pinside amounts to 150 to 200 or 20-25%, that sounds legit.

# games sold in US / nonUS = ? I’d say 500/250 or 2/1, this would explain a lot. Only way this sold so well and so fast was there had to be a number of foreign buyers. This would be new for Spooky who hasn’t sold many worldwide. Just a guess.

#4107 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Would be good to know some numbers before we start celebrating.
# Pinsiders who claim this in their collection 18 months from now / 750 = ? If Pinside amounts to 150 to 200 or 20-25%, that sounds legit.
# games sold in US / nonUS = ? I’d say 500/250 or 2/1, this would explain a lot. Only way this sold so well and so fast was there had to be a number of foreign buyers. This would be new for Spooky who hasn’t sold many worldwide. Just a guess.

Pretty sure quite a few TNA went to Australia.

#4108 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Not even sold out for a day and the pumping begins.

I wouldn't characterize what I said as pumping. For one thing, no way I'm selling mine.

There's just no reason what happened with Tron LE won't happen with R&M. Supply and demand. Gonna be a way cooler game, too, and you can't slap light tubes onto a cheaper model trying to replicate its greatness, there isn't one!

"Bold" was tongue in cheek.

#4109 4 years ago

Congratulations to Charlie and all the gang at Spooky! You knocked this one out of the park! Happy for you.

#4110 4 years ago

Pretty awesome stuff! So as i understand it; Charlie said the first 48hr buyers get some sort of medallion, and now a bonus graveyard sculp or something. Sounds great to me...
Maybe I’m wrong. Who knows

#4111 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I wouldn't characterize what I said as pumping. For one thing, no way I'm selling mine.
There's just no reason what happened with Tron LE won't happen with R&M. Supply and demand. Gonna be a way cooler game, too, and you can't slap light tubes onto a cheaper model trying to replicate its greatness, there isn't one!
"Bold" was tongue in cheek.

I wasn't actively into pinball when Tron LE came out, what happened with it?

#4112 4 years ago

He always does that...

Quoted from toyotaboy:

And he wonders why people hate him.

If so many people hate this guy why do about 3000 people listen to his podcasts? I was told everyone at Stern listens to his podcasts. You have to take his podcast for what it is... its an opinion show. Tucker Carlson is an opinion show. Will Cain is an opinion show. Rachel Maddow is an opinion show. People always love to hate opinion shows but boy do people listen.

Here is what I'd like to see happen to prove your point that everyone hates the guy... his next podcast NO ONE listen because you hate him. Lets see if it happens. LOL Not everyone hates him, and let me say I hate NO ONE! Hate is a really strong word.

#4113 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Deadpool & GOTG could have been really funny, but they went with bad fake voices & hokey writing.

In fairness, Ryan Reynolds (as much as I love his performance) is just one voice of Deadpool throughout the years. The voice of Deadpool they used has played Deadpool before... I believe in a video game?

Also, Brian Posehn wrote the Deadpool pinball script, but he also co-wrote some EXCELLENT Deadpool comics. This one is one of my favorites, but there's a bunch in this run that shows off Posehn's chops:

https://www.amazon.com/Deadpool-Vol-1-Dead-Presidents/dp/0785166807

I was very much looking forward to Deadpool pinball, but turned it down for two things: not enough voiced content, and the crossover shot to the ramp is absolute janky garbage.

#4114 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

For reelz...It was more nerve wracking than watching my wife squeeze a watermelon through a lemon

Pictures or it never happened.

#4115 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

I wasn't actively into pinball when Tron LE came out, what happened with it?

I's the gold standard of LEs; shot up in value 10k+
And the games were cheaper back then.

#4116 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I's the gold standard of LEs; shot up in value 10k+
And the games were cheaper back then.

#4117 4 years ago

Congrats to Spooky for a fast sell out

I'm sure some were only buying it to make $$ later on as demand will be strong for awhile. We all know it happens and we also know some will end up selling there spots over time as 18months is a long time.

#4118 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

3000 people listen to his podcasts

Actual confirmed number? 3000? His last 8 podcast were about the same topic Rick and Morty. Yeesh

#4119 4 years ago

Pretty hard to speculate pinball anymore. I know some guys who kept multiple HULK LE NIB because OMG it’s AVENGERS so it’s gonna be worth $$$

The build time of this will hurt speculation because though sold out today it’s gonna be “available” for years as NIB as spots change hands etc.

#4120 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I seriously doubt Rick and Morty was on any of the other companies radar. And many in charge of those companies may have never even heard of it before now.
It's also very hard for people to change or accept new things once they are set in their ways. There is still a huge market for them and their themes anyway.

every year at IAAPA I harassed everyone in a Stern shirt about doing R&M, problem is they are all old and out of touch

Quoted from Rarehero:

Deadpool & GOTG could have been really funny, but they went with bad fake voices & hokey writing.

the voice of Deadpool was the guy that does all the video games? and it's not based off the movies so there's really no "real" voice anyway?

#4121 4 years ago

So looking forward to playing this!

#4122 4 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Actual confirmed number? 3000? His last 8 podcast were about the same topic Rick and Morty. Yeesh

The amount of people who probably listen or have listened could be 5000 maybe more. I doubt everyone listens to each one, but under each podcast you can see how many people listened to that specific one. The highest amount is a bit over 3500 people listened. So you can kind of see people's ratings and see which podcast has the most people listening. I'd say for pinball 3500 is a lot. I think he talks about whatever is new and Rick and Morty is new, next week it will be nothing but Stranger Things, then it will be Guns N Roses, Cactus Canyon, you get the drift.

Next week expect 10 podcasts on Stranger Things. LOL

#4123 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Pictures or it never happened.

Hell I got video...my first one I was crazy all up in there with the camcorder...2nd one 8 years later I was all 007 with the iPhone in my shirt pocket

Sorry for the off topicness

Back to discussing everyone’s favorite NYC culture vulture

#4124 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Most ridiculous post I think I've ever seen on this website. You know we have enough divide in politics and then you bring it to pinball. WOW!

The white knight.

#4125 4 years ago

Here is my rational and a positive thought to people who might have missed out.

I own TNA (Scott's debut title) and think it's just great. To quote Han Solo "It may not look like much but she's got it where it counts." What I mean is that TNA is kind of a little underdog in it and doesn't have the major budget of something by Stern/JJP but it makes up for it by doing a lot of little things well. TNA was not cheap but it was a good solid pin with a ton of color changing lights and great sound system and custom music and addictive gameplay.

Because TNA is great that doesn't mean RM will be but at least I have a feeling that Scott knows what he's doing and maybe could it be even better? I like ramps and magnets and subways and such and this game has them. just having this doesn't mean it's great but it's got a lot of what I might like. Also having Bowen on the rules (has much possibility) having the voice actors of RM and the assets from the show and the zany nature of the theme, the limited number (I could have done without that rather had it been like TNA) but it is what it is and it did make me buy before I played.

Anyway the thought that people who missed out, this is 1000% going to happen.

-guy is married and his wife gives him the evil eye (he will sell)
-guy gets an offer for +$900 for his game and he will sell
-guy loses job or had medical bills needs out (will happen unfortunately)
-guy gets the itch for xyz pin and doesn't want to wait 10 months (will happen many times over)
-guys play the game and feel like it's not for him (will happen guaranteed)
-guy gets the pin, plays it a bunch and wants to get something else (will happen guaranteed and this will happen before number 300 ships this is 100% guaranteed so people will be able to get their games sooner and they will need to sell their end of the line spot).

#4126 4 years ago

Congrats to Spooky and to all the people who ordered and helped sell out the game. This has been fun to watch and it’s quite nice to see the manufacturer interact with Pinsiders and share the excitement of a new game, for many a dream theme.

Other companies could learn a lot from this experience.

#4127 4 years ago

Is it way to early to start suggesting to Spooky a next title? Now that it has been totally proven that a company can come out and announce there is a LIMITED number to be produced and succeed. How about some other titles that should be limited to 1000 or less.

Halloween
Friday the 13th
Bill and Ted Excellent Adventure
Evil Dead

#4129 4 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

I don’t think anybody listens to his podcast for his opinions, just for the inside info he gets.

#4130 4 years ago

Had a great time following this today. As someone else said, I was probably hitting refresh as much on the Spooky countdown to sellout as I was trying to get an order in at launch. I would love to see a video of inside Spooky HQ when they sold the last one! Congrats team Spooky!

#4131 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Is it way to early to start suggesting to Spooky a next title? Now that it has been totally proven that a company can come out and announce there is a LIMITED number to be produced and succeed. How about some other titles that should be limited to 1000 or less.
Halloween
Friday the 13th
Evil Dead

God no my wallet...

#4132 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Halloween
Friday the 13th
Evil Dead

Any one of those would sell 750, but not in under 4 hours.

#4133 4 years ago

I think Super Troopers would do well.

#4134 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Halloween
Friday the 13th
Evil Dead

A nightmare before Christmas!

#4135 4 years ago

Phew! After 25 minutes straight, and multiple times checking in today...FINALLY caught up with this thread, haha!

Man, what a crazy pinball day!

Congrats to all at Spooky, everyone that got a game they really are excited for, and to all reading and joining along in the party!!!

#4136 4 years ago
Quoted from Bitbuster:

Looks like they used this for the spaceship on the playfield:
https://paladone.com/ukb2c/ricks-ship-usb-light[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow. You're right. Not only did they put a toy on a spring but it isn't even an original toy.

#4137 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

every year at IAAPA I harassed everyone in a Stern shirt about doing R&M, problem is they are all old and out of touch

I'm sure they are not out of touch with making money. lol. They probably could have sold more Rick and Mortys than WWE or a few other recent titles.

I'm just glad they didn't have the opportunity to cockblock the license like they did with Godzilla.

#4138 4 years ago

Subway portal seems to take up a lot of space on the middle left, wish they could have added some shots there.
AAF635C5-A945-4A28-A883-87669968BE1D (resized).jpegAAF635C5-A945-4A28-A883-87669968BE1D (resized).jpeg

#4139 4 years ago

I did not buy a game, but I am rooting for spooky! Congrats guys on creating a game that so many people are passionate about and love. Looking forward to playing one on location.

#4140 4 years ago

Wicked fun thread. I’m not buying, but enjoyed being involved indirectly with my irrationality.

#4141 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Friday the 13th

This please. Don't even technically have space for the R&M I ordered today, but would find a way for Friday the 13th.

Congrats to Spooky! Game looks like it's going to be a lot of fun and can't wait. We're planning on shopping for a new home this year, but in the event it ships before that, I'll have to pick one of my others to store till the move.

#4142 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I think Super Troopers would do well.

OK, weird...random 20
year old Wal-Mart bargain bin movie...

I think the bad-idea Killer Klowns guy from page 1 had a better idea lol

#4143 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Subway portal seems to take up a lot of space on the middle left, wish they could have added some shots there.
[quoted image]

At minimum, seems like a good spot for a toy, rather than a big plastic. Maybe this is where the mod folks will put stuff.

#4144 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Wow. You're right. Not only did they put a toy on a spring but it isn't even an original toy.

I never quite got this one... toys are awesome. Toys on springs....suck?

Should Spooky mount the ship on a stick? Like all the other Hallmark ornaments people are going to stuff all over their tables the instant they get them? Would the ship be cool then?

The ship is stuffed with RGB LEDs. That's more than I can say about the TIE fighter on my Star Wars, or any of the molded figures on my MBRSE, and I don't much care that it has been seen in another product before.

#4145 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

OK, weird...random 20
year old Wal-Mart bargain bin movie...
I think the bad-idea Killer Klowns guy from page 1 had a better idea lol

It has a cult classic quality.

#4146 4 years ago

Looks the the playfield got "Sterned"...

Here's hoping the theme can save it.

#4147 4 years ago

Zombieland. Is there a streaming app where 15-18 peeps can tie in and chat, drink? Think about our lifechoices?

#4148 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Comic Book guy was also a toy in TSPP, which is nice if he ever breaks. I really don't mind a repurposed ship, easily replaced and probably saved me some $ on build.

#4149 4 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Cool of my phone for no reason to post that $125 Soundgarden record I was making fun of.

Rare early clear pressing, actually highly collectible and sought after. Had it as a kid, sold it for like 80. 120 is a bit high 100 is a fair price. 10/10 album, a modern classic. But I digress.

#4150 4 years ago

I do have to say, the whole "you can buy from a distributor and sign up for the club later" is a bit of a lame deal. I know there is no way for them to instantly validate the people who contact the distributors but the whole sign up ahead of time, people in the club get early access, yadda yadda was really just "add $45 to the price" in essence.

But what other title would get less than 24 hours notice of going on sale, need a club membership to purchase and would sell out within hours? Still amazing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 13,500.00
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/83?hl=smallybells and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.