20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 246.
#4051 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

..and you care why?

for using distributors as profit centers? Because Stern REALLY frowns on this, and I'm surprised they don't start going after distributors that allow this to happen over and over. Distributors have lost their ability to be one for raising prices, this isn't a far stretch. It's the same reason why ticketmaster started going after scalpers, they want all their cut.

#4052 4 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

Now that the ordering is done, who’s the first to shift the thread to complaining about when we get our games?

Only slut dragons

#4053 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

for using distributors as profit centers? Because Stern REALLY frowns on this, and I'm surprised they don't start going after distributors that allow this to happen over and over. Distributors have lost their ability to be one for raising prices, this isn't a far stretch.

Yeah, but what he wants to buy, sell, flip, set on fire, give away, piss on is nobody's business but his own.....

#4054 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That already started 4 pages ago... Besides I think denial is the next phase.

We’re sure efficient around here...

#4055 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah, but what he wants to buy, sell, flip, set on fire, give away, piss on is nobody's business but his own.....

I think there is a middle ground here. He's free to do with it whatever he wants, but we're also free to judge him for his actions.

#4056 4 years ago

reminds me of the time a guy came into the ER complaining that he'd fallen on 3 pinballs and got them stuck in his arse.

#4057 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

so let's say there are 375 pinball scalpers that all bought 2 rick and mortys, and they decided to all resell them for $1k over the original price you'd be ok with that?

#4058 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It will be a hot seller the first 3-6 months of production or so... then things will fade slowly away...just to many new pins coming out that have potential to be amazing. Just not enough room and money to go around to sustain things.... u will be able to get things down the road for not blown up prices if you missed out today .

A bit different this time maybe. Alot of themes to come still won't have a patch on R&M. I mean, Stranger Things? , seriously? . Just as it is for plenty of other people, Stranger things is a Lame nothing theme for me. Personally quite glad it's going to be chucked together by stern, tbh. Nil interest.

The response to coming themes after this release will be viewed through a slightly different lens now too, I'd say. It's a humour theme pin, which there are not enough of in my opinion. Manufacturers would do well going forward I think, to work at some themes that have Laughter at their core

This would have to be one of the most On Fire topics ever for pinside? ... 4000 posts in 12 days? ... what topic has beaten that??

#4059 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

A bit different this time maybe. Alot of themes to come still won't have a patch on R&M. I mean, Stranger Things? , seriously? . Just as it is for plenty of other people, Stranger things is a Lame nothing theme for me. Personally quite glad it's going to be chucked together by stern, tbh. Nil interest.
The response to coming themes after this release will be viewed through a slightly different lens now too, I'd say. It's a humour theme pin, which there are not enough of in my opinion. Manufacturers would do well going forward I think, to work at themes that have Laughter at their core
This would have to be one of the most On Fire topics ever for pinside? ... 4000 posts in 12 days? ... what topic has beaten that??

good luck to them I guess? There's sure a lot worse scenarios of capitalism in the world that are worse than someone making a few thousand off a pinball machine...

#4060 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

so let's say there are 375 pinball scalpers that all bought 2 rick and mortys, and they decided to all resell them for $1k over the original price you'd be ok with that?

Doesn't this happen with stuff all the time?

#4061 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Doesn't this happen with stuff all the time?

Agree it happens all the time. In fact it usually works the other way. New game with 50 plays is priced for $1k less to sell, while game is still in production at full cost.

#4062 4 years ago

This has got to be one of the best threads in Pinside history!! Congrats to the entire Spooky family, you guys rock! This company reminds us all that the American dream is alive and well. Go Spooky!!!

#4063 4 years ago

I wonder who gets the biggest benefit from this?

Rick & Morty is getting a lot of new exposure and fans (including myself) from the pinball world.
Some Rick & Morty fans will gain exposure to pinball that they wouldn't have otherwise taken an interest in.

But...Spooky just got between 5 and 6 million dollars in revenue.

#4064 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Short answer is we dont know what the special first day purchase prize included is but 750 people will get it lol....

I think an album of all the music in the machine would be fitting.

special (resized).jpgspecial (resized).jpg
#4065 4 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I wonder who gets the biggest benefit from this?
Rick & Morty is getting a lot of new exposure and fans (including myself) from the pinball world.
Some Rick & Morty fans will gain exposure to pinball that they wouldn't have otherwise taken an interest in.
But...Spooky just got between 5 and 6 million dollars in revenue.

I don't know..there wasn't a blip of this news today on the rick and morty reddit..

#4066 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't know..there wasn't a blip of this news today on the rick and morty reddit..

Maybe because it never made it to non member sales?

#4067 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Shhh... it was hard enough as it was....watching the circle spinning...the stress....then two in the cart ...doh.....more spinning....

#4068 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I think an album of all the music in the machine would be fitting. [quoted image]

Or just tell everyone youve got huge news and release this album! Ala stern BKSOR

#4069 4 years ago

It is totally awesome they sold out so quick, but I do feel bad that non Fang members never even had a chance :/

#4070 4 years ago
Quoted from Thenewguy1337:

It is totally awesome they sold out so quick, but I do feel bad that non Fang members never even had a chance :/

The one thing is, they cant say they weren't warned! There was ample time.
The only people that could be pissed are the ones that had zero idea it even existed and wasn't in the media they were seeing.

#4071 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Shhh... it was hard enough as it was....watching the circle spinning...the stress....then two in the cart ...doh.....more spinning....

For reelz...It was more nerve wracking than watching my wife squeeze a watermelon through a lemon

#4072 4 years ago
Quoted from Thenewguy1337:

I do feel bad that non Fang members never even had a chance

I imagine there might be a few Fang Club members that might have missed the announcement and maybe still don't know today was the day. I know I almost did.

#4073 4 years ago

It was PURE LUCK I saw the email from KT as I have been traveling and luckily on West coast time was able to get up at 7 to place my order before heading to meetings. I am sure most people missed this going on sale

#4074 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If spooky wants to cancel the Dbags order, I will donate $100 to a charity of their choice.

I'm sure he's getting his through Cointaker, they are his enabler.

#4075 4 years ago

I got lucky, I sometimes go days without checking my email or Pinside.

I was expecting closer to Christmas, like the original announcement graphic said.

#4076 4 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

It was PURE LUCK I saw the email from KT as I have been traveling and luckily on West coast time was able to get up at 7 to place my order before heading to meetings. I am sure most people missed this going on sale

I surely don't check my emails everyday, and definitely not at 7:00 AM on my days off. I was convinced this would be closer to Christmas.

#4077 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I don’t think they are a spooky distributor?

#4078 4 years ago

People saying Pinside represents a minority when it comes to buying pinball machines are kidding themselves. This game proved that.

#4079 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I don’t think they are a spooky distributor?

Ah, good catch.

#4080 4 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Maybe because it never made it to non member sales?

Maybe their audience don't give two shits about pinball like most of the world. Pinsiders makes up 0.0007202759% off the world population.

Quoted from Fytr:

Don't think they carry Spooky. Likely Pinball Star since Joe has been on his show.

#4081 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

The one thing is, they cant say they weren't warned! There was ample time.
The only people that could be pissed are the ones that had zero idea it even existed and wasn't in the media they were seeing.

Honestly, if I hadn't been on pinside I wouldn't even have known about it, and I feel that is going to be most people. I don't do facebook (and even if I did, I still probably wouldn't have known about it). That being said, the reason I found out about it was that I happened to jump over to the /r/pinball reddit and they had just posted the announcement of it. I've only hit that reddit a few times in years.

#4082 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

People saying Pinside represents a minority when it comes to buying pinball machines are kidding themselves. This game proved that.

I would guess only 1/3 of these went to pinsiders?

#4083 4 years ago

Congrats to Spooky Pinball!!! Maybe you should up to 1000.

#4084 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

The response to coming themes after this release will be viewed through a slightly different lens now too, I'd say. It's a humour theme pin, which there are not enough of in my opinion. Manufacturers would do well going forward I think, to work at themes that have Laughter at their core

Deadpool & GOTG could have been really funny, but they went with bad fake voices & hokey writing.

#4085 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Don't think they carry Spooky. Likely Pinball Star since Joe has been on his show.

In that case... Joe. Same offer
Cancel his order and I will donate $100 to your charity of choice

#4086 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Honestly, if I hadn't been on pinside I wouldn't even have known about it, and I feel that is going to be most people. I don't do facebook (and even if I did, I still probably wouldn't have known about it). That being said, the reason I found out about it was that I happened to jump over to the /r/pinball reddit and they had just posted the announcement of it. I've only hit that reddit a few times in years.

Lucky day then!!!!

#4087 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would guess only 1/3 of these went to pinsiders?

There's probably a wide margin between people that visit pinside from time to time and those who are registered and post regularly

#4088 4 years ago

Bold prediction: R&M will appreciate a la Tron LE, probably moreso.

#4089 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Bold prediction: R&M will appreciate a la Tron LE, probably moreso.

Not even sold out for a day and the pumping begins.

#4090 4 years ago

Looks like they used this for the spaceship on the playfield:
https://paladone.com/ukb2c/ricks-ship-usb-light

9176673C-E99A-44D6-B02D-39D6BC25879E (resized).jpeg9176673C-E99A-44D6-B02D-39D6BC25879E (resized).jpeg4B14F56A-7AC0-415C-9E81-4FA54DD80736 (resized).jpeg4B14F56A-7AC0-415C-9E81-4FA54DD80736 (resized).jpeg
#4091 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I imagine there might be a few Fang Club members that might have missed the announcement and maybe still don't know today was the day. I know I almost did.

Yeah, I was one of them... Got drunk with friends last night (similar story to o-din) and never saw the email. Slept in WAY too long this morning and by the time I saw the email, it was already sold out. I have an email in to Joe at PinballSTAR to see if I can get one of his possible leftovers, but not everyone in the Fang club got one... Ugh!

#4092 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

In that case... Joe. Same offer
Cancel his order and I will donate $100 to your charity of choice

Chris just called me! He said if they cancel your order he will donate $200! (true)

#4093 4 years ago

DID ANYONE SEE THIS???

ebay.com link: itm

#4094 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Chris just called me! He said if they cancel your order he will donate $200! (true)

Chris is probably only getting one cause he is friends with Joe and will get one of the early ones. The opportunity to flip is in the beginning and his will be long gone before the prices settle down.

#4095 4 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

watch the video...

Pickle Rick will be there, and in a better place than he currently is on the prototype.

#4096 4 years ago

"What did he mean by pickle rick wont be in priduction but he will be hidden in the game."

#4097 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Pickle Rick will be there, and in a better place than he currently is on the prototype.

Merry Christmas from Pickle Rick!

pr (resized).jpgpr (resized).jpg
#4098 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Chris is probably only getting one cause he is friends with Joe and will get one of the early ones. The opportunity to flip is in the beginning and his will be long gone before the prices settle down.

He said he is keeping it....

#4099 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Lol

#4100 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

"What did he mean by pickle rick wont be in priduction but he will be hidden in the game."

I'm thinking in the code since he said you'd be "assembling " him

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
8,800 (OBO)
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/82?hl=grimdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.