20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 246.
#301 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Are you seriously trying to question the popularity of the show? Stop while you’re ahead. It’s Adult Swim’s biggest show. They picked it up for 70 more episodes to keep the creators from getting poached by Netflix. It’s currently Hulu’s most watched show. They sell tons of merch.
It’s. A. Huge. Relevant. Hit.
Anyone trying to diminish this has nothing to back up their ignorance.

Simpsons 30 seasons and renewed for two more seasons.
You got a lot of catching up to do.
I’ll leave it at that since this is a R&M thread.

#302 4 years ago

I bet this is going to kill it on location. Every location.

Will 750 units be enough?

#303 4 years ago

Wow, they dont just scored the license they’ve also made it the best kept secret and are releasing it tomorrow.

Mind blown, total mindblown !

(ps : Robert check this out and learn your lessons)

#304 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Yeah, sort of like an old man not understanding how typing on one’s phone with auto spellcheck can change words. Don’t get me wrong Mr. OldHero, captain of the spelling police, I should proof before I post, but maybe it’s just time for you change your depends, I think your wet diaper is clouding your posting judgement. Never said, “Me knowing things”, has any bearing on anything.........I simply stated that I have never seen the show or had anyone recommend the show to me. I am sure it’s wildly popular, especially with pickle lovers like yourself.

I’m going to go ahead and recommend the show to you . It really is good , check it it out .
Seriously.

#305 4 years ago

No one has made a comment that Spooky said “make the greatest line of games”

I think we will be seeing more than rick and morty but more CN themes.

Bring on aqua teen!!!!

#306 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I bet this is going to kill it on location. Every location.
Will 750 units be enough?

No.

I was thinking the same thing. This demand for this is probably a LOT more than 750

#307 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Wow, they dont just scored the license they’ve also made it the best kept secret and are releasing it tomorrow.
Mind blown, total mindblown !
(ps : Robert check this out and learn your lessons)

And even smarter is to see this overwhelming response Before posting the cost! Smart play. My Stern Star Wars topper money has now been deserted to this Awesome game. Already sent KingPinGames 5 texts. Lol. Congrats Team Spooky this is a home run.

#308 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

No.
I was thinking the same thing. This demand for this is probably a LOT more than 750

Once it and word gets out, no doubt.

It's the perfect storm of pinball that's been in the media quite a bit lately and finally a theme super relevant to now.

I know several locations already this would be perfect for.

#309 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Simpsons 30 seasons and renewed for two more seasons.
You got a lot of catching up to do.
I’ll leave it at that since this is a R&M thread.

I was watching The Simpsons since Tracey Ulman. I was selling Simpsons shirts to my classmates in Jr. High, lol. Rick & Morty is the closest thing to a current Simpsons. It’s very rare that a new animated show has that kind of pull...a 70 episode pickup is unheard of. Even Simpsons gets 22 per renewal.

#310 4 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

If they can only do 10 games a week....they need to have the capability to meet demand if that demand is there. If Rick & Morty is a title that there is a high demand for they need to be able to ramp up to meet that demand and strike while the iron is hot. Remember every other pinball company that has that ability to ramp up development to meet demand is going to be releasing titles that compete for your $$$. If these guys can only produce 10 a week....your talking a year and a half to get #750. Is the average pinball business or consumer going to sit on their $$$ and wait for this title while they watch 4 other pinball companies churning out a dozen new pinball titles that they are all passing up on while they wait for their Rick & Morty?
I highly doubt it!
Spooky needs to put the pieces in place to satisfy the consumer demand here. It's time for Spooky to shit or get off the pot! THE CLOCK IS TICKING!

Quoted from Chicoman:

If they can only do 10 games a week....they need to have the capability to meet demand if that demand is there. If Rick & Morty is a title that there is a high demand for they need to be able to ramp up to meet that demand and strike while the iron is hot. Remember every other pinball company that has that ability to ramp up development to meet demand is going to be releasing titles that compete for your $$$. If these guys can only produce 10 a week....your talking a year and a half to get #750. Is the average pinball business or consumer going to sit on their $$$ and wait for this title while they watch 4 other pinball companies churning out a dozen new pinball titles that they are all passing up on while they wait for their Rick & Morty?
I highly doubt it!
Spooky needs to put the pieces in place to satisfy the consumer demand here. It's time for Spooky to shit or get off the pot! THE CLOCK IS TICKING!

Team spooky does it right.
Under promise and over deliver. They know what they are doing.
Unlike deeproot, Dutch, and heighway.

#311 4 years ago

IF this gets advertised on AS... it'll be game over for the 750 slots - no matter the cost.

#312 4 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

ALL THE WAY YES. Then gimme an Adventure Time, and Stranger Things and I’m straight!!!

Toss in Harry Potter. I still think that could be a cool theme.

#313 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

anyone that is not familiar with the series... it is basically simpsons/futruama but more intelligent Futurama type comedy. It is funny, strange, and somewhat disturbing at times (in a very good way)
Also some very good characters.

I saw a couple of episodes, couldn't really get into it. Seemed to me as gumball for late teens.
I hope it does Well. Scott did a really good job on tna, esp the music, which is awesome.

#314 4 years ago

One of my pinball friends who is in his early 20s just called. He is quite good in tournaments and has played every game imaginable.

I've never heard him so excited about a theme in the five years him and his dad have been coming over. He's always putting R+M an my TV whenever he's here. lol. I go way back on adult swim myself. This is going to be good.

#315 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Scott Danesi and Bowen Kerins? OH FUCK YES

Add Eric Priepke to that mix and you’ve baked yourself a real nice cake .

#317 4 years ago

Really been wanting a BTTF but to me R and M is the next best thing. Can't wait for the reveal!

#318 4 years ago

Well wub a lub dub this sounds fun.

#319 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

When can we order? Thanks.

My thoughts exactly. I'm looking for the line for repeat customers.

#320 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Let's see what's going on with Pinside tonight.... WHOA! Was it something we said?
Working closely with the license ... more stuff to come soon. I will confirm this, game will have A FAMILY MODE! And it's gonna need it.
Peace among worlds...

Please have this be an endgame match screen:

#322 4 years ago

A thought has been going thru my head. I remember when South Park saved pinball soley on theme. For some reason, when I think about it, this is about the most excited about a theme as I have been since then.

#323 4 years ago

I always love the early worry of actually getting one........FOMO at its finest.

#324 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

...when South Park saved pinball soley on theme...

Did it? I've never heard this before, and looking at what the following couple of years of releases looked like, I just don't see it. I would argue that Harley-Davidson did more for pinball than South Park lol.

#325 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Did it? I've never heard this before, and looking at what the following couple of years of releases looked like, I just don't see it. I would argue that Harley-Davidson did more for pinball than South Park lol.

South Park came out at the same time as Pinball 2000 & outsold/out-earned it by a long shot. Great theme on mediocre game beat innovation & Bally/Williams last hurrah. Stern survived, B/W threw in the towel.

Stern always knew: Theme matters. And while Stern doesn’t always go with humorous themes - humor sells. People don’t play South Park because it’s good...they play it because it’s funny.

Now with Rick & Morty...we’ve got Scott Danesi designing, so we know it’ll be good...and with Justin Roiland participating with custom voices, we know it’ll be funny. Theoretically, this game will appeal to seasoned pinheads & casuals due to this combo.

#326 4 years ago

That makes sense, thanks for the answer!

#327 4 years ago

It was the only game in town. Think about it. The year was 1999

The one I played was in a pizza joint called Double D. It told me pinball was still alive. And it had the profanity roms, so I dumped as many quarters as needed.

#328 4 years ago

I’m really excited for Spooky for landing such an exciting and relevant license.
My wife and I love them as a company, what they stand for and how they stand behind their product.
It makes me really happy to see this much excitement and enthusiasm over a pin release announcement from this company. These are people that really care about Pinball and really care about their customer base. Just look in the club threads for the machines they have previously released and you will see how hands on they are with customer service and personal touch walking people through questions and problems.
This is the kind of company I want to buy a pinball machine from.
KT, Luke, Charlie and crew we love you guys.
Congrats on a great title.
Looking forward to adding a 3rd Spooky pin to our lineup.
You guys friggin rule.

#329 4 years ago

If South Park would have been inside the Pladium bar at West Ed in 1999 instead of swe1, I wouldn't have gone nearly 10 years without playing a new pinball again. I thought what the Hell happened to pinball after 2 games of swe1 and had no interest of playing more.

Quoted from o-din:

A thought has been going thru my head. I remember when South Park saved pinball soley on theme. For some reason, when I think about it, this is about the most excited about a theme as I have been since then.

#330 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I am sure it’s wildly popular, especially with pickle lovers like yourself

Why the F you gotta make a derisive comment about someone being a "pickle lover" dude? It is just messed up, dumb, and uncalled for. Says a lot about you, and it ain't good.

And Rick and Morty is wildly popular, bud.

Get out the stone age. It's comments like that, and people like you, that give Pinside a bad name.

Anywho, I am excited for this new game, and new pinball, as it seems like many others here are, it is rad!

#331 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

If South Park would have been inside the Pladium bar at West Ed in 1999 instead of swe1, I wouldn't have gone nearly 10 years without playing a new pinball again. I thought what the Hell happened to pinball after 2 games of swe1 and had no interest of playing more.

You haven't played South Park, have you?

#332 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:If South Park would have been inside the Pladium bar at West Ed in 1999 instead of swe1, I wouldn't have gone nearly 10 years without playing a new pinball again. I thought what the Hell happened to pinball after 2 games of swe1 and had no interest of playing more.

As a seasoned player the only thing wrong with South Park were the huge scoring holes in the playfield. But when all the other pinball places dried up, it was a good game to get my fix. Even my infant daughter at the time found it amusing.

#333 4 years ago

I'd say I'm surprised from how many people are in and allready ordering without seeing absolutely anything . However nothing surprises me anymore in this hobby from crazy prices that keep going up to questionable quality and less and less on the playfield ... but everyone keeps buying as long as the theme is something they like. Crazy hobby were in for sure and manufacturers have it made at the moment ... get a decent theme and you sell a ton of product and nothing else matters lol.

#334 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I wonder if Australian Exports will be Bushworld Adventures.

GOTTA GO TA BENDIGO MORRRRTYYY....GET ME CUUUUBE!

#335 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I'd say I'm surprised from how many people are in and allready ordering without seeing absolutely anything . However nothing surprises me anymore in this hobby from crazy prices that keep going up to questionable quality and less and less on the playfield ... but everyone keeps buying as long as the theme is something they like. Crazy hobby were in for sure and manufacturers have it made at the moment ... get a decent theme and you sell a ton of product and nothing else matters lol.

I’m super hyped for this game, but you’re right. Here’s my personal take: I haven’t bought a new pin in about 5 years. I don’t like what Stern’s been making for multiple reasons: build quality, unfinished code, questionable creative decisions in rules & use of license assets. I bought a used TNA last year. I really love the game....best game that’s been made since Metallica, IMO. I trust Scott & Spooky. I love the license & love that the show’s creator is involved...no missing assets or fake voices. After my great experience with a used Spooky game, I feel good about supporting them with a new purchase in this instance.

If the game sucks...I’ll only have myself to blame...but that’s where I’m coming from. I don’t have that faith/trust in any of the other manufacturers at this moment.

#336 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Took a pic of a stupid hammer this past weekend at Spooky. Look past the hammer.[quoted image]

it's the stool that you're pointing out, right? the stool? or maybe it's the extension cord. it's got to be the extension cord. tell me, it's the either the stool or the extension cord.

#337 4 years ago

Congrats to Scott Danesi!
Scott and Eric are 2 of the most talented pinball designers out there imo. (Not comparing, just saying they’re both incredibly talented).
It’s awesome they’re both in Chicagoland. Home of pinball.

This title is kick ass. It’s been one of my favorite cartoons for years.
Simpson’s and Family Guy got old to me a long long time ago.
Can’t wait to see the layout.
I am in for sure.

People who haven’t seen the show really should tape as many rerun episodes you can off adult swim or stream it before you judge.
Simpson’s and Family Guy are old hat imo compared to R&M.

Bowen/Danesi is a killer team in terms of layout design and shots. This is a home run!!!!!

#338 4 years ago

Back in the 1990s a buddy told me there should be there should be a Ren and Stimpy game. I guess it's too late for that.

#339 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

You haven't played South Park, have you?

Yeah it's a crap game but has humor and is a true pinball machine. Wouldn't have turned me off the way swe1 did.

South Park is the game that got me into buying pinball machines actually. In 2014 I saw a ad for one. I owned plenty of arcades before that but never thought of owning a pinball machine. Thankfully he sold it before I could buy it. Led me to finding a cheap black knight and spawned the addiction

#340 4 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Congrats to Scott Danesi!
Scott and Eric are 2 of the most talented pinball designers out there imo. (Not comparing, just saying they’re both incredibly talented).
It’s awesome they’re both in Chicagoland. Home of pinball.
This title is kick ass. It’s been one of my favorite cartoons for years.
Simpson’s and Family Guy got old to me a long long time ago.
Can’t wait to see the layout.
I am in for sure.
People who haven’t seen the show really should tape as many rerun episodes you can off adult swim or stream it before you judge.
Simpson’s and Family Guy are old hat imo compared to R&M.
Bowen/Danesi is a killer team in terms of layout design and shots. This is a home run!!!!!

Tape? like on a 80s vcr?

I'm another one who has never actually seen this show or even new it was this popular! Don't really watch much tv apart from Gold Rush! and Silicon Valley

#341 4 years ago

Just asked my 17 year old who plays some pinball, what he thought of the theme.

'That is pretty cool, you have to get one Dad'!

So, which dated old themed game has to go?!

I do wish there was an option for a quieter power supply unit - that is my only negative.

If this game looks like it shoots well, may have to get on the list.

Anyone who thinks this game won't sell out quick is seriously misguided!

#342 4 years ago

It's a theme my kids and I all love. Now I've got to choose between House of Horrors and this.

#343 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

You son of a bitch, I’m in!

"OOOOOOOOH-WHEEEEE!"

715080_1 (resized).jpg715080_1 (resized).jpg
#344 4 years ago

As others have said, this game will kill on location.

And Spooky have their complete dream team on this game.

#345 4 years ago

Ok I feel like I bought a $45 lotto ticket, I’m now in the Fang Club just to ensure if this game is worth it I can buy one

#346 4 years ago

Wow this is great!
Can't wait to see/play/own it

#347 4 years ago

Wow, I haven't seen anything like this since TBL or MMR....preorders coming in without even a single picture. Congrats to Chuck and Scott....I don't think Godzilla would have garnered the same reaction.

#348 4 years ago

Has the Spooky loyalty program been put to the side and replaced by the Fang club? Joined the club anyways, just curious.

#349 4 years ago

FLUBBA-DUBBA-WUB-DUB! New catch phrase! No? Well it’s only a starter, we’ll get there.

#350 4 years ago

Spooky please add headphone jack capabilities to this! Games with great sound need it for locations that have pin lineups and that are not arcades, the volume is always down low at these locations; heck even some arcades are too loud to hear the games. Also please make sure the screen is viewable for tall people too *ACNC*

And very surprised there's only been 1 wubba lubba dub dub thus far in this thread!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,500 (OBO)
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/7?hl=extraballz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.