20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 246.
#251 4 years ago

I think it’s good they’re using a theme that seems to be appealing to a younger audience than the usual ones (Munsters, Elvira, etc.) I was really excited for Spooky’s next pin after ACNC, and I’m still interested in giving it a look, but doubt I’ll be a buyer. I’ve never watched the show and don’t know that I’ll start now. But it sure seems that they’re onto something judging by all the fanboy reaction!

#252 4 years ago

They should of kept the spooky theme and created a Evil dead or Halloween pin. Not really interested in this. I doubt they will sell 750 of these.

#253 4 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I think it’s good they’re using a theme that seems to be appealing to a younger audience than the usual ones (Munsters, Elvira, etc.) I was really excited for Spooky’s next pin after ACNC, and I’m still interested in giving it a look, but doubt I’ll be a buyer. I’ve never watched the show and don’t know that I’ll start now. But it sure seems that they’re onto something judging by all the fanboy reaction!

If you love science at all, especially quantum physics, Rick and Morty is a must watch show. Just a little primer on the weirdness (spooky interactions at a distance) of quantum reality...

#254 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's awesome, but why close the door on more if something changes in the future. 750 LEs is great, but why say limited to 750, period? It really kills your options moving forward if there is a dud in there, you can't go back and fill in with a few hundred R&M SEs to

Totally valid point. We have options that are not limited for that reason. However we often limit to what we feel we can do in a timely manner that is a fair wait time for the customer. Also the limit is a huge part of the draw for some people and makes it cool when you can get ahold of one!

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

They should of kept the spooky theme and created a Evil dead or Halloween pin. Not really interested in this. I doubt they will sell 750 of these.

OK, Jerry.

22 million views:

#256 4 years ago

This game is gonna Jan-Michael Vincent my bank account.

#257 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

They should of kept the spooky theme and created a Evil dead or Halloween pin.

This isn't the stone age dude. Not everybody is stuck in the 70s or 80s. lol.

#258 4 years ago

I am truly happy to see so many excited for this game and most of all, happy for Spooky as they are just one of those companies you want to see survive and thrive. That being said, I have no clue who Rick and Morty are and I have never seen an episode.......I am out!

#259 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This isn't the stone age dude. Not everybody is stuck in the 70s or 80s. lol.

Speak for yourself lol but seriously Rick & Morty is a pretty cool theme.

#260 4 years ago

I know not everyone cares for Facebook, but if you want to discuss it there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2554902241414446/

The energy for this machine is great!

#261 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I am truly happy to see so many excited for this game and most of all, happy for Spooky as they are just one of those companies you want to see survive and thrive. That being said, I have no clue who Rick and Morty are and I have never seen an episode.......I am out!

Never seen?

Maybe should see. No time like the future!!!!!!!

#262 4 years ago

Sorry never heard of it. Have not played a game by them that makes me go capow wow. Alice Cooper had most shots in a game by them so far but overall not much more. Wish everyone the best.

#263 4 years ago

That being said, I have no clue who Rick and Morty are and I have never seen an episode.......I am out!

Go watch an episode. Lol.

#264 4 years ago

I wonder if Australian Exports will be Bushworld Adventures.

#265 4 years ago

Sorry double-post, I'm thinking it was Mr. Meeseeks.

#266 4 years ago

Bird Person vs Lion man mode, please?

#267 4 years ago

Just buy it, declare it the best Stern evar!!!, and sell it in 3 months.

#268 4 years ago

Neat theme. Look forward to seeing it!

#269 4 years ago

LOL, we all get so intense over pinball themes. I think it's a great theme, some think it's terrible -- we shall see. I still think you guys are all cool!

#270 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I am doing a lot of the music, sound fx and lightshows.
--Scott

Very excited to see your work on this.

#271 4 years ago

I think my kids watched that show like 8 or 10 years ago. I never watched it but I know people liked it. Its not a theme that would appeal to me personally. At this stage of the game theme is everything and this theme i wouldn't buy. There is going to be a ton of new pinball games coming Spooky I think announced this game at the right time to get the most exposure. We're in like a dead period so now they get the focus. Stern I think announces a new game in a couple weeks, JJP will have something in a month or two, Deep Root is announcing games. Lots of stuff coming soon! Spooky picked the best time to announce. Good for them.

#272 4 years ago

I know nothing about the show, but think this is a great Theme and for a run of 750 I can't see this not selling out quickly.

Good for Spooky. I hope they kill it on this one.

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

OK, Jerry.
22 million views:

And 20 million were for Simpsons reference.

#274 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

And 20 million were for Simpsons reference.

See if any other Simpsons YouTube videos have 22 mil views. The R&M fans were watching.

#275 4 years ago

Please tell me it's not going to be PG in any way shape or form.

#276 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

I think they have already sold 7500.

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:Stern I think announces a new game in a couple weeks, JJP will have something in a month or two, Deep Root is announcing games. Lots of stuff coming soon!

I can hardly wait.

51YXw1DZ5cL._SX362_BO1,204,203,200_ (resized).jpg51YXw1DZ5cL._SX362_BO1,204,203,200_ (resized).jpg
#278 4 years ago

Now that Rick and Morty is debuting, I understand the real reason for the name Spooky pinball. It must be based on entanglement as ‘pondered’ by Einstein. “Spooky action at a distance”. https://www.nationalgeographic.com.au/videos/fabric-of-the-cosmos/einsteins-spooky-action-at-a-distance-3665.aspx

#279 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You also call Pat Lawlor “Pat Lawyer”...you knowing things has zero bearing on anything. Go watch an episode. Lol.

Cannot wait to play this game and learn more about this show!

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

See if any other Simpsons YouTube videos have 22 mil views. The R&M fans were watching.

LOL. See if any other R&M videos have 22 million views or even close. Simpson’s fans were watching.

#281 4 years ago

Belch on credit added?

#282 4 years ago

If they can only do 10 games a week....they need to have the capability to meet demand if that demand is there. If Rick & Morty is a title that there is a high demand for they need to be able to ramp up to meet that demand and strike while the iron is hot. Remember every other pinball company that has that ability to ramp up development to meet demand is going to be releasing titles that compete for your $$$. If these guys can only produce 10 a week....your talking a year and a half to get #750. Is the average pinball business or consumer going to sit on their $$$ and wait for this title while they watch 4 other pinball companies churning out a dozen new pinball titles that they are all passing up on while they wait for their Rick & Morty?

I highly doubt it!

Spooky needs to put the pieces in place to satisfy the consumer demand here. It's time for Spooky to shit or get off the pot! THE CLOCK IS TICKING!

#283 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

LOL. See if any other R&M videos have 22 million views or even close. Simpson’s fans were watching.

Ok here is one with 23 million

EDIT: or this 19 million views one

#284 4 years ago

ALL THE WAY YES. Then gimme an Adventure Time, and Stranger Things and I’m straight!!!

#285 4 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

If they can only do 10 games a week....they need to have the capability to meet demand if that demand is there. If Rick & Morty is a title that there is a high demand for they need to be able to ramp up to meet that demand and strike while the iron is hot. Remember every other pinball company that has that ability to ramp up development to meet demand is going to be releasing titles that compete for your $$$. If these guys can only produce 10 a week....your talking a year and a half to get #750. Is the average pinball business or consumer going to sit on their $$$ and wait for this title while they watch 4 other pinball companies churning out a dozen new pinball titles that they are all passing up on while they wait for their Rick & Morty?
I highly doubt it!
Spooky needs to put the pieces in place to satisfy the consumer demand here. It's time for Spooky to shit or get off the pot! THE CLOCK IS TICKING!

False, we waited over a year for ACNC. They know what they are doing.

#286 4 years ago

Yeah, sort of like an old man not understanding how typing on one’s phone with auto spellcheck can change words. Don’t get me wrong Mr. OldHero, captain of the spelling police, I should proof before I post

Wasn’t looking at your spelling. Maybe I got you confused with someone else. Thinking of a certain podcast guest. My apologies if you’re not the podcast guy always saying “Pat Lawyer”.

#287 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I think my kids watched that show like 8 or 10 years ago. I never watched it but I know people liked it. Its not a theme that would appeal to me personally. At this stage of the game theme is everything and this theme i wouldn't buy. There is going to be a ton of new pinball games coming Spooky I think announced this game at the right time to get the most exposure. We're in like a dead period so now they get the focus. Stern I think announces a new game in a couple weeks, JJP will have something in a month or two, Deep Root is announcing games. Lots of stuff coming soon! Spooky picked the best time to announce. Good for them.

Rick and Morty premiered at the end of 2013 , it’s possible you are mistaking this for a show your kids were watching 8-10 years ago . Also Rick and Morty is not a show for kids .

#288 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Are you seriously trying to question the popularity of the show? Stop while you’re ahead. It’s Adult Swim’s biggest show. They picked it up for 70 more episodes to keep the creators from getting poached by Netflix. It’s currently Hulu’s most watched show. They sell tons of merch.

It’s. A. Huge. Relevant. Hit.

Anyone trying to diminish this has nothing to back up their ignorance.

#289 4 years ago

Arguing about whether or not Rick and Morty is culturally relevant is objectively dumb. It’s one of the most popular shows on TV. There’s enough nerd crossover, they’ll easily sell out.

If this is the license they picked up because Stern swooped in and snagged Toho Godzilla, Spooky should send them a bottle of champagne as a thank you.

#290 4 years ago

Here's hoping R&M leads the charge to new, younger IP being turned into great pinball themes!

I can understand if it's not your cup of tea. But imagine back in the 80's or 90's when you got into pins. Would you have been interested if every theme involved movies from the 40's or Bing Crosby music? That's about how dated the current themes are in comparison.

#291 4 years ago

The amount of grumpy old people mad that they didn’t get another 80s rehash theme on this thread is amusing.

Elvira : relevant and fresh
Rick and Morty: get off my lawn!

#292 4 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

The amount of grumpy old people mad that they didn’t get another 80s rehash theme on this thread is amusing.

Elvira : relevant and fresh
Rick and Morty: get off my lawn!

Settle down there, Tide Pod.

Elvira is a relevant Pinball Theme owing to the previous 2 successful machines.

Very few Elvira Pins will be going to people who only collect Elvira Theme items. Whereas I would imagine a ton of these will be first Pins for R + M fans.

#293 4 years ago

Insta-buy. Now to figure out who exactly is bringing this game to Aus.

#294 4 years ago

Really excited about this one. Trying to avoid making a rash decision based off hype but really hope this doesn't sell out and go the way of the Supreme pin. I know those were a lot more limited but don't want to underestimate what dedicated fanbases are capable of doing to pinball prices

#295 4 years ago

In life, I've noticed that some people habitually and effortlessly confuse their subjective closed-loop intuitions with reality -- and gladly spew "their personal version of facts" even when they don't know sh!t about a particular subject.

So yeah, I don't know JACK about R+M so I have nothing to say on the topic. I'm happy to keep learning more about it from those that are in the know or have done research.

I really don't wanna be "that guy"...

(almost a boomer, but got an X on my forehead instead)
-mof

#296 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Settle down there, Tide Pod.
Elvira is a relevant Pinball Theme owing to the previous 2 successful machines.
Very few Elvira Pins will be going to people who only collect Elvira Theme items. Whereas I would imagine a ton of these will be first Pins for R + M fans.

Ok boomer

#297 4 years ago

I never thought I would see the day!

THIS IS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!

#298 4 years ago

WTF! Never even heard of this!
I will find and check out a few episodes this weekend. I must be gettin old!

#299 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I am doing a lot of the music, sound fx and lightshows.
--Scott

Hell yeah! That's really good to hear. I'm excited for the playfield reveal!

#300 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

WTF! Never even heard of this!
I will find and check out a few episodes this weekend. I must be gettin old!

Please do, my older son (21) told me a while back to check it out, so I have someone to blame! And the 2nd episode of the first season features Scary Terry, who I think you may appreciate.

scaryterry (resized).jpgscaryterry (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
8,800 (OBO)
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/6?hl=ieathands and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.