20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 246.
#2951 4 years ago

I recommend Butter cabinets for home collectors. Easily the prettiest cabinets on the market. The only thing that came close was the original WOZ ECLE.

#2952 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What does the BS edition get besides the powder coating? In the key post, Charlie mentioned some other surprises he couldn’t talk about yet before reveal.

Early build, before all the standards.

#2953 4 years ago

I don't think I could ever justify the extra price for the butter cabinets personally, but I will say TNA's butter cabinet looks absolutely stunning in person.

#2954 4 years ago

Important note. When sales go live purchase the version of the game you wish to buy. Do not expect to upgrade later.

#2955 4 years ago

I got butter for ACNC. It's stunning. But for this one I'm going to pass. Depends on how crazy you are for the artwork and if it will actually be visible in your arcade.

#2956 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What does the BS edition get besides the powder coating? In the key post, Charlie mentioned some other surprises he couldn’t talk about yet before reveal.

I think I read more callouts than the standard. Is that correct?

#2957 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Important note. When sales go live purchase the version of the game you wish to buy. Do not expect to upgrade later.

But, but. My grandma died and I was getting the BS edition for her!

#2958 4 years ago

My main concern with butter cab is actually durability. I would have cold sweats thinking of my kiddos ramming their lawn mowers and push cars into it. So far my other daddy toys have mostly survived, but I have a feeling a butter cab would get a nice big ole scrape the first day.

Maybe in 15-20 yrs my house will be safe again....

#2959 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I recommend Butter cabinets for home collectors. Easily the prettiest cabinets on the market. The only thing that came close was the original WOZ ECLE.

I would say if you want to keep it the butter is good but that it might not get that much extra on resale and the decals on TNA are very high quality that I’m getting a non butter if I decide to get it.

#2960 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I think I read more callouts than the standard. Is that correct?

No. Just cosmetic stiff like the armor and speaker cover (speaker light is extra).

#2961 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

No. Just cosmetic stiff like the aroma and speaker cover (speaker light is extra).

Wait......is it going to smell better or worse?

#2962 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

But, but. My grandma died and I was getting the BS edition for her!

In that case, you’re going to need a shovel and a flashlight.

#2963 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

No. Just cosmetic stiff like the aroma and speaker cover (speaker light is extra).

I read this as the bs edition gets extra sound/callouts...

Price is $6995 .... The Blood Suckers edition is an additional $525 if you choose that upgrade. With no expense spared on the design, many quality updgrades, video, music, speech, and a HUGE custom speech package from star and co-creater of Rick and Morty, Justin Roiland, we feel this is one VERY special game at a great price!

#2964 4 years ago

I read that as justifying the base price

#2965 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I read this as the bs edition gets extra sound/callouts...
Price is $6995 .... The Blood Suckers edition is an additional $525 if you choose that upgrade. With no expense spared on the design, many quality updgrades, video, music, speech, and a HUGE custom speech package from star and co-creater of Rick and Morty, Justin Roiland, we feel this is one VERY special game at a great price!

No. I think the last part just referring to the entire game. No expense spared. It’s not well written at all. Should be a feature matrix or point list. But all games should play the same and same sound package etc.

#2966 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

No. I think the last part just referring to the entire game. No expense spared. It’s not well written at all. Should be a feature matrix or point list. But all games should play the same and same sound package etc.

Spooky has made no claims that the BSE is anything other than an upgraded armor and powder coating package. You are correct all games play the same regardless of trim level.

#2967 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

You are correct all games play the same regardless of trim level.

It's one of the things Charlie said that they stand for - gameplay identical between the editions...

#2968 4 years ago

The BSE edition is just cosmetic, but the pictures of the purple do not do it justice. It looks way better in real life. Everything else is exactly the same, which the team and I would have no other way.

This is very important.

--Scott

#2969 4 years ago

Do you just pay the minimum if you get lucky or can you pay extra?

#2970 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

The BSE edition is just cosmetic, but the pictures of the purple do not do it justice. It looks way better in real life. Everything else is exactly the same, which the team and I would have no other way.
This is very important.
--Scott

Go back to the garage!

#2971 4 years ago

This is very important.
--Scott

Thanks Scott. When I saw the photos of the BS edition, I wasn’t impressed with the purple. So much so that I’d just rather wait for a standard. Not sure.

#2972 4 years ago

The purple really looks alot better in person. It has tons of metallic shine to it and really blends with the cabinet art. Even our team did not like it when they saw pictures but got to the shop to see it in person and did a full 180 they loved it. The BS is purely cosmetic and faster build time. The wording was just inconveniently placed in the email.

#2973 4 years ago

This is very important.
--Scott

How does it shoot more like Houdini or Iron Man?

#2974 4 years ago

If I make my payment via debit, does that waive the $25 processing fee?

EDIT: Less than 1 hour... I NEED TO KNOW!

#2975 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

.... neither! ... I hope! Lol

#2976 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

.... neither! ... I hope! Lol

obviously like neither!

Not similar in any way.

#2977 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

The purple really looks alot better in person. It has tons of metallic shine to it and really blends with the cabinet art. Even our team did not like it when they saw pictures but got to the shop to see it in person and did a full 180 they loved it. The BS is purely cosmetic and faster build time. The wording was just inconveniently placed in the email.

Yeah, I was not going to say that.... but yes, I was not really that impressed with the pictures of the purple at first. Then I saw it in real life and was in love and insisted I get that armor. Take that for what it is worth though.

#2978 4 years ago

Yeah, I was not going to say that.... but yes, I was not really that impressed with the pictures of the purple at first. Then I saw it in real life and was in love and insisted I get that armor. Take that for what it is worth though.

Aren't you... the guy... who told us the next game would be haunted house party? You wouldn't lie to us again would you?

#2979 4 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Do you just pay the minimum if you get lucky or can you pay extra?

I recommend paying double, only way to be sure you don't get squanched

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#2980 4 years ago

Just noticed the toilet from The Old Man and the Seat on the left side of the cab. That episode only aired a couple weeks ago!

#2981 4 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2982 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Neither. This layout is really different.

I will talk about this more in detail on some podcasts, but I designed the game to have a mix of fun and unique elements that I personally like. There are some modern style elements, some retro, and some that might be new. The goal was to basically make a game that appealed to a majority of player types and skill levels. There are easy shots, tough shots, and everywhere in between.

Also, when I originally put the pop in place of the left sling, before flipping the game, I gave it a 10% chance of making it into the final layout. I powered it all up and immediately changed my outlook to 90%. The reason I chose 90% was because I was unsure what other players would think, but I was absolutely in love with it. I had a bunch of people play it and every single one raved about how awesome the pop was. So it turned from 90% to 100%. BTW, the pop can make shots up the playfield for you.

--Scott

#2983 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:Just noticed the toilet from The Old Man and the Seat on the left side of the cab. That episode only aired a couple weeks ago!

I’m sure I saw the talking cat on a plastic

#2984 4 years ago

So for the additional $525, you get purple trim and the hope that you might get your game before the end of 2020? No shaker, knocker, etc?

Feasibly, you add the BS edition, a few of the extras... toss in shipping and (if you’re unlucky) tax. You could be looking at $8500+ for a game you haven’t even touched. That’s crazy.

#2985 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Wrong.
Watch the video. The upper flipper feeds the garage shot.

Maybe I should've worded my question differently. Obviously, the ball rolls UNDER some of that stuff. After watching the video 20+ times, either I'm blind as a bat or the garage and house are just decorative covers for ball roll areas - not additional playfield levels. I was hoping for something much more interactive like TSPP, WOZ, etc.

I was really close to pulling the trigger on this but after watching the video repeatedly, I'm out. If I didn't already have a satisfying collection (which I am actually looking to reduce rather than add to) or if I were an operator I might still be tempted.

I had a good time experiencing the FOMO excitement and discovered a new (to me) show that I love. Good luck to all of you who are pulling the trigger in t-minus 42 minutes....

#2986 4 years ago

So, I'm guessing refresh at 9am until you see a R&M next to the ACNC button? And if you're not a Fang club member it just won't let you buy it?

#2988 4 years ago

You are the reason I am buying this game!!! No pressure!!!

In all seriousness though, game looks amazing, this will be my first nib and I'm not worried at all, can't wait!

#2989 4 years ago

Neither. This layout is really different.
I will talk about this more in detail on some podcasts, but I designed the game to have a mix of fun and unique elements that I personally like. There are some modern style elements, some retro, and some that might be new. The goal was to basically make a game that appealed to a majority of player types and skill levels. There are easy shots, tough shots, and everywhere in between.
Also, when I originally put the pop in place of the left sling, before flipping the game, I gave it a 10% chance of making it into the final layout. I powered it all up and immediately changed my outlook to 90%. The reason I chose 90% was because I was unsure what other players would think, but I was absolutely in love with it. I had a bunch of people play it and every single one raved about how awesome the pop was. So it turned from 90% to 100%. BTW, the pop can make shots up the playfield for you.
--Scott

Thanks didn’t mean to say the layout was like one of those pins. Just that one pin has imminently makable shots (some harder than others). The other pin was called a brick fest. I’m buying without playing don’t want to get a pig in a poke if you ever heard that expression.

Thanks for reply and I love TNA hopefully RM is as great.

#2990 4 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

I’d think this has to push $7599-$7999.
Reason being, I assume this theme is miles beyond the demand of Alice Cooper. If this is the case, pricing below what demand would sustain will leave A LOT of cash on the table. I’d hate to see a situation that arises in which used game pricing outpaces NIB cost. But at the end of the day, the market will get to decide that based off the pricing out of the gate.
Edit: I don't have a dog in this fight and want Spooky to do well. For those downvoting or those that disagree, y'all do realize that if used 3rd party prices outpaced the pricing of NIB games yet to be made that this would hurt Spooky since their prices are static and manufacturing of the full run will take considerable time while competition will be pumping out a directly competing product? The pricing is based on demand and the economics of their previous releases with the cost of add-ons that have been documented since this posting. The base price will be somewhere in the high 6's, the price will likely push in the mid to high 7s when everything is taken into consideration.

Caught some flak for this a couple of days ago. Just curious how far off this was and what Day 1 pricing looks like for standard and BSE?

#2991 4 years ago

I was ready to be out...not so sure now after the layout explanation.

#2992 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Will there be multiple games to select from on the page, or are you talking about drop down selections once you are completing your purchase?

#2993 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks didn’t mean to say the layout was like one of those pins. Just that one pin has imminently makable shots (some harder than others). The other pin was called a brick fest. I’m buying without playing don’t want to get a pig in a poke if you ever heard that expression.
Thanks for reply and I love TNA hopefully RM is as great.

all shots look to be a variety of easy to hard based on width, flipper point of launch, and general geometry. I see some open shots and some tighter shots IMHO (guessing the end of flipper from upper r will take me a bit of time to find; like JP2 shot did)

#2994 4 years ago

I feel much better about this now. Game looks sweet.

#2995 4 years ago

The light show is beautiful

#2996 4 years ago

Any chance you could share a pic that shows off the purple better? I'm struggling to decide which to go with based on the released pics...

#2997 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

all shots look to be a variety of easy to hard based on width, flipper point of launch, and general geometry. I see some open shots and some tighter shots IMHO (guessing the end of flipper from upper r will take me a bit of time to find; like JP2 shot did)

The upper right flipper shots seem to be very late (for the garage) and very early (for the inner orbit?) I'm concerned the garage shot will be a bit clunky, and the left ramp will be steep and a bit clunky as well. Hopefully I'm wrong, or it doesn't detract from the gameplay. I'm still in though.

#2998 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

So for the additional $525, you get purple trim and the hope that you might get your game before the end of 2020? No shaker, knocker, etc?
Feasibly, you add the BS edition, a few of the extras... toss in shipping and (if you’re unlucky) tax. You could be looking at $8500+ for a game you haven’t even touched. That’s crazy.

True.

But its RICK AND MORTY!

#2999 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The left ramp and right feed to the upper flipper look really narrow. I thought alice cooper was an amazing achievement for Spooky, I just thought the shot tolerance was so narrow that it was hard to get into a rhythm to shoot multiple shots. I'm hoping Rick and Morty plays a little faster than Alice Cooper in that regard. As an example, a game like JP, there's the narrow right ramp and right orbit shot but the left T-rex shot is forgiving and a nice bailout. I felt like on Alice Cooper there was no bailout or otherwise forgiving shot.

#3000 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

The left ramp and right feed to the upper flipper look really narrow. I thought alice cooper was an amazing achievement for Spooky, I just thought the shot tolerance was so narrow that it was hard to get into a rhythm to shoot multiple shots. I'm hoping Rick and Morty plays a little faster than Alice Cooper in that regard. As an example, a game like JP, there's the narrow right ramp and right orbit shot but the left T-rex shot is forgiving and a nice bailout. I felt like on Alice Cooper there was no bailout or otherwise forgiving shot.

I couldn't have described it better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 13,500.00
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/60?hl=anathematize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.