20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 246.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I bought the first two seasons on Blu-ray a few years back after hearing the rave reviews. Watched the first episode with my wife and she told me to watch the rest in the basement without her. I sold them without watching any more. I assume it got better, but the first episode was awful. We do love Family Guy, Beavis & Butthead, Ren & Stimpy, King of the Hill, etc. Rick and Morty just wasn't for us.

I saw it for the first time last week. Horrible / crude show. Unwatchable in my view. This title would never make it into my home.

#152 4 years ago

I hope we get the option for the mature content. I watch on Hulu and it’s not censored.

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I thought it was going to be Killer Klowns From Outer Space, that had a chance. This has zero chance. Who the hell are Rick and Morty?

Disney had cancelled the sequel to Killer Klowns from Outer Space

#154 4 years ago

I always said this was an insta buy for me. I hope I can find a way to put my money where my mouth is. If alice cooper is any indication of what is to come, im excited. Lower and upper playfields please. House of cosbys midnight madness mode. Time to get sued lol.

Cant wait.

#155 4 years ago

Wish I could get really excited over this news - I'm not familiar with the show at all though.

Nonetheless, I look forward to the game's reveal and will keep an open mind in the meantime!

#156 4 years ago

Can’t wait to see the machine!!!! I am not familiar with the theme. I guess I’m old!! Lol Thanks for the video clips!!

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Wish I could get really excited over this news - I'm not familiar with the show at all though.
Nonetheless, I look forward to the game's reveal and will keep an open mind in the meantime!

Only a 3 seasons and fourth just started. Pretty easy to get caught up if you are interested

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Lawnmower Dog and Meeseeks and Destroy are great episodes with which to start, FYI. Watch the entire episode instead of looking up clips on youtube.

I'll try and find them for sure, and watch a full episode or two. I've just found clips alone grating, overly obnoxious, and too gratuitous to be funny for my tastes. Then again, I don't like a lot of modern media.

Quoted from DBLM:

For the Rick and Morty haters[quoted image]

Regarding "haters" it's okay to like or not like something. Outright shitting on, or being a zealot are the extreme ends of both. Ideally there's always something to enjoy, and critique.

I'll definitely watch some later tonight! I'm glad there'll be a product regardless, that skews outside the standard licenses, that's for sure.

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

The cartoon is completely bizarre but pretty damn funny. Not sure how it will translate into a pinball machine but this is definitely interesting.

It’s perfect. Since the show is relatively random - traveling to different dimensions, that lends itself perfectly to pinball rules, IMO. Random order, various quests, tons of funny characters. It’s unreal that Stern let this go.

#160 4 years ago

20 second primer for those that don’t know the show:

Asshole, drunk Doc Brown and his grandson have adventures throughout infinite universes. Uses crude language and absurd humor to poke fun at everything. Very smartly written show.

#161 4 years ago

Hard pass for me, but eager to see what you guys will put up for sale in order to get this.

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'll try and find them for sure, and watch a full episode or two. I've just found clips alone grating, overly obnoxious, and too gratuitous to be funny for my tastes. Then again, I don't like a lot of modern media.

Regarding "haters" it's okay to like or not like something. Outright shitting on, or being a zealot are the extreme ends of both. Ideally there's always something to enjoy, and critique.
I'll definitely watch some later tonight! I'm glad there'll be a product regardless, that skews outside the standard licenses, that's for sure.

The screen grab is a scene from the show with a direct quote. It was a joke.

#163 4 years ago

What a home run theme for Spooky. This is a theme that will compete with any theme on location as well. Josh Roiland will do awesome voice work for the game too -- he's done voice work for a few VR games and they are hysterical.

I totally get why some will not like the theme (like any freaking theme), but if you think it's a bad theme for pinball you're just wrong. This will sell out easy.

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I saw it for the first time last week. Horrible / crude show. Unwatchable in my view. This title would never make it into my home.

It’s in its 4th season & has 70 more episodes ordered...but yeah, unwatchable.

7300E4B5-94C9-4B97-86DF-B1151FC0F7F7.gif7300E4B5-94C9-4B97-86DF-B1151FC0F7F7.gif
#165 4 years ago
02AE36A4-244C-49CA-A77A-88C7A06B220D.gif02AE36A4-244C-49CA-A77A-88C7A06B220D.gifD9772956-91FE-479A-A8CE-F3D86D9B66C0.gifD9772956-91FE-479A-A8CE-F3D86D9B66C0.gif
#166 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Gets mentioned a lot around here as a theme people want to see. Seems like a solid license for Spooky! Much better than their others.
I've only seen 1 episode but it contained a funny David Bowie pastiche so that was cool.

They are all on Hulu

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'd definitely give the show a shot (at least a few episodes). I don't think it translates well into clips (unless you've seen the show of course) and I totally get your reaction to it from watching the clips alone.

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s in its 4th season & has 70 more episodes ordered...but yeah, unwatchable.[quoted image]

Instead of “Ok, Boomer”, can we just say “Ok, Jerry?”

#169 4 years ago

My wife wants a Mr. Poopy Butthole edition.

#170 4 years ago

So when you tilt they heckle you and call you Jerry! That would be great.

#171 4 years ago

Great title to target younger people. Getting tired of ABBA and Gunsmoke era games...

#172 4 years ago

YouTube video from 162 views about an hour and half ago to 2155 just a minute ago, wow. RAZA-dazzle!

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

So when you tilt they heckle you and call you Jerry! That would be great.

Calling somebody a Jerry is the most devastating insult in universe C-137.

#174 4 years ago

Fantastic!

#175 4 years ago

Let's see what's going on with Pinside tonight.... WHOA! Was it something we said?

Working closely with the license ... more stuff to come soon. I will confirm this, game will have A FAMILY MODE! And it's gonna need it.

Peace among worlds...

#176 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I thought it was going to be Killer Klowns From Outer Space, that had a chance. This has zero chance. Who the hell are Rick and Morty?

I’m with you on this. I know who they are, but I’ve never watched an episode. Archer would have been a much better theme. But hey, if this appeals to millennials still living in their parents basement, I’m all for growing the hobby...

#177 4 years ago

Wondering what innovation will be in the pin?! Internet connectivity, telemetry data, analytics, ....... Ah, who cares, that will be like icing on the already awesome R&M pinball cake!

#178 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s unreal that Stern let this go.

Well, Stern did get Godzilla so there’s that.

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Let's see what's going on with Pinside tonight.... WHOA! Was it something we said?
Working closely with the license ... more stuff to come soon. I will confirm this, game will have A FAMILY MODE! And it's gonna need it.
Peace among worlds...

But will it have a Ball Fondlers mode??

#180 4 years ago

So, how you order a pinball from Spooky? I've never bought a Spooky pin. Do they have distributors or do you buy their machines direct?

#181 4 years ago

Peace among worlds...

Dear Charlie and team spooky,
Please come back to The Golden State Pinball Festival in May to properly show off your new game.
Sincerely, All of us.

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

I’m with you on this. I know who they are, but I’ve never watched an episode. Archer would have been a much better theme. But hey, if this appeals to millennials still living in their parents basement, I’m all for growing the hobby...

Millenials living in their parents basement cant afford pins. Youre out of touch old timer

#183 4 years ago

Peace among worlds...

Invoice me now! What do I need to do? PM me with the spooky PayPal! Hell, throw a few $ in for TheNoTrashCougar since I love Total Nuclear Annihilation so much!

#184 4 years ago

When you have a bad ball, can we please get a “Get your shit together” call out?

73329C38-F076-4441-8715-434A6439E039 (resized).jpeg73329C38-F076-4441-8715-434A6439E039 (resized).jpeg
#185 4 years ago

This theme was long overdue.

#187 4 years ago

Let's see what's going on with Pinside tonight.... WHOA! Was it something we said
Peace among worlds...

Charlie,
Can I place an order for 250 Hoodies in the Pinball store with the note to please keep the shirts and consider this payment for Rick and LE #1 ?

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

The screen grab is a scene from the show with a direct quote. It was a joke.

Oh, I gathered that. Just stating that often on threads, if there's criticism, not drinking the koolaid, you get branded pretty quickly.

Also shitting on threads is no fun for sure. I may not dig the theme, but I like what Spooky does. They have their own flavor, and it's an entirely modern, and bright colored theme, with sure to have wacky/weird modes, high quality animations, lots of callouts, etc. I can get excited for that! A good game stands as much on it's playfield design, code and such, and sometimes more so, than it's theme.

#189 4 years ago

How do you join the fang club

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Well, Stern did get Godzilla so there’s that.

Joke’s on them. This is far more relevant and desirable. This will KILL on route.

Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Here’s what the people like you don’t get. This isn’t just a “millennial” theme. This show has fans that span all demographics. Teens to olds watch it. Men & women love it. It’s funny, it’s huge, and as with most hit animated shows - it’s evergreen. It’ll be popular and funny for years. Perfect pinball theme. Old collectors who buy for home will buy it. Young players will love it at barcades.

This is a winner. Anyone who tried to dismiss this is in a sad little corner of misunderstanding.

#192 4 years ago

Peace among worlds...

Thank you for the family mode. I’m in for one, and I was assuming I’d just have to keep the table off when my kids were around.

If there’s a Mr Poopy Butthole on this table and my 7-year-old asks about it.... oh man.

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Millenials living in their parents basement cant afford pins. Youre out of touch old timer

Get off his lawn!

#194 4 years ago

at only 750 though, these are gone.. this is a ravenous fanbase.

#195 4 years ago

I guess this is already designed? But man. Meeseeks button on the lockdown bar would be sick. Saves your ball, gives you 100 million points, and takes 2 strokes off your golf game. Sorry if that idea has already been posted.

I watch every episode at least twice. 1 time regular, 1 time polluted.

I'm gonna have to sell shit if this comes out looking cool.

#196 4 years ago

If the crazy crowds that formed at McDonald’s over condiment packets are any indication of R&M’s popularity, this pin has the potential to be a really big deal.

#197 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

750 Limited Edition games, I saw in the video. I assumed that meant 750 LE’s and there would be a “standard” edition, too.

Does anybody know for sure? 750-and-done would be....unfortunate.

#198 4 years ago

I'll be keeping an eye on this. It could be really good, but my only concern would be the music. Is Scott doing music for it, or is it all show/theme music with some Shwifty thrown in? That could get old real quick.

#199 4 years ago

750 total.

#200 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I feel the same way. Pinball seems to be on the precipice of a huge movement and the target audience for this IP is the one driving the boom.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sleepy Hollow, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/4?hl=mrudowsky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.