20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 246.
#2401 4 years ago

They aren’t selling just yet right??? Damn I really wanna get a spot for this.

#2402 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

They aren’t selling just yet right??? Damn I really wanna get a spot for this.

http://shop.spookypinball.com/Pinball-Machines_c_13.html
+
F5

#2403 4 years ago

Just wanted to point out one thing that I'm super impressed with is the trailer. I mean the voice acting and content (funny even in just 24 second clip) and hopefully will be well incorporated in the game and during the gameplay. A lot of time we hear a voice actor like in ST which just feels like reading a few pages of catch phrases like "Extra Ball" or "I'm a doctor not a pinball Wizard" all cool but if if the voce actors from RM can bring more to the machine almost like a mini adventure/episode while you are playing that would be really great.

#2404 4 years ago

I guess I'm getting too old but I can't see buying something without trying it out first or seeing it in person but this theme has me very interested because my kids got me to watch this show a while back and it's a game they can relate to for once. I've never bought a NIB pin let alone one I've never played... heck I can't even buy shoes without going to the store and trying them on first (even if they look like the best shoe ever made).

#2405 4 years ago

I actually bought a few games without playing (Tron and XMLE) and I didn't love XMLE but do love Tron and still own it all these years later. Even XMLE tho I sold it and lost money, still had it for like 3-4 years and lost like $1500 on XMLE but still money well spent anyway.

#2406 4 years ago

Ya I just look at it like even in the 5-10% chance I end up hating it, won't be tough to get your money back on this thing.

#2407 4 years ago

They would have to had been asleep at the wheel to stuff this up. I reckon they’ve thrown everything at it, even the kitchen sink!

#2408 4 years ago

I guess I'm too young to worry about little shit like how many coils or did they put Rick on the right side when he should be on the left side, or even if the gap between the flippers is 1 millimeter wider than the last game.

Even with what has been revealed so far, I already love the game. Glad I'm not old and set in my ways.

#2409 4 years ago

Need some type of game action before I decide. Hell even stern gives us that much.

Is there anyway to find out your spot before you decide. No way I’d make it 18 months. I think people who already purchased a spooky game should be given priority too. I only have tna but the people who purchased amh and acnc should be ahead of me. Don’t forget you helped get you to Rick and morty!

#2410 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Need some type of game action before I decide.

I believe SpookyLuke said in an earlier post this would happen.

#2411 4 years ago

I started to lay the groundwork for this pin by telling my wife about R&M etc. so she won’t be surprised when I put a deposit down. She said something like you’re getting *another* pin?

#2412 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I actually bought a few games without playing (Tron and XMLE) and I didn't love XMLE but do love Tron and still own it all these years later. Even XMLE tho I sold it and lost money, still had it for like 3-4 years and lost like $1500 on XMLE but still money well spent anyway.

Rick and Morty are just Justin’s normal voice. He tried to do “other voices” for Trover Saves The Universe and it sounds like more R&M

#2413 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Pinheads are the only ones that won’t want to wait 18 months for their game.
How many people were more then happy to wait 2 years or more for a Tesla 3, semi, roadster, and cybertruck?
Kickstarter has conditioned people into being ok with the wait for a preorder, even if it’s 18 months.

I waited 3 years for my Tesla model 3, but yeah, I’m not waiting that long for a pinball machine. I just changed my MM order to JP2 because I got tired of waiting among some other reasons.

#2414 4 years ago

I bought my Toyota and drove it away the same day. I don't wait on mass produced cars. I am however willing to wait my turn for Rick and Morty.

#2416 4 years ago

How’s everybody doing tonight? Joe or someone from the Benton team should have just done a beer drinking stream to chat and bs about this thing.

Anyone know if the Lemmy house charges credit card fees on the games?

#2417 4 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

they aren’t just going to suddenly open sales randomly.

It would be funny if they did . They should randomly open sales at 2 a.m. that way the most die-hard fans would get theirs first .

#2418 4 years ago

My wife and I are on different work schedule right now. Just told me today(Saturday) she joined the Fang Club too. So I'm guessing one of us will have an eye open at all time. Not sure what will happen if we both make a purchase. I'm guessing it will be 2X

#2419 4 years ago

The people I have consulted say get it. That includes the one that someday might inherit it.

#2420 4 years ago

Has anyone who joined the fang club gotten an email from spooky about anything? Joined 5 days ago.

#2421 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Has anyone who joined the fang club gotten an email from spooky about anything? Joined 5 days ago.

Nope. Hang in there, we are all in the same Fang Club boat.

#2422 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I'm just interested enough in this game to want to buy it (assuming it's good), but not interested enough to go through a competitive ordering process or wait 18 months. I figure I'll either come back to it later in the secondary market, or lose interest entirely if it seems too difficult or expensive.

I feel the same way and this is the mature way to go about it IMO.

Super excited about the theme but I'm not joining any clubs or signing up for anything before I at least see the gameplay.

#2423 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Charlie is waiting on Adult Swim artwork approval?

#2424 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphcousman:

Walking dead Was not a limited run.

Never said it was...

#2425 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Mid season Finale is tonight. Guessing there will he news in 24 hours.

#2426 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

If you and all the others asking the same questions over and over would please do the following:

Go to the top of this topic. Click “Show Topic Index” next to “Topic Index (Key Posts)”. This has all the pertinent info from Charlie and Spooky about R&M. Please refer to this area so we dont have the same questions 3 times every day.

Sorry if that seemed harsh. It will really help you enjoy the forum better.

Back to wild speculation:

So the portal in the corner is hit from a ramp (it looks like a pretty big hole, maybe its a power/accuracy shot into the hole over something else) or does a ramp go over it and then there is a diverter to open the ramp path up to dump into the portal? I bet its the ladder since there is a coil back there that we dont know what it is and theres no way theres a fourth flipper in such a weird spot. This isnt a bally....or is it?

#2427 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

You guys are about to experience the power of the Silicon Valley/Bitcoin Rick & Morty fan. 120$ szechuan sauces for days... This thing isn't gonna sell out because of pinball fans, it'll sell out because of them. And yes, at least 750 of them have a lot of money. And let's not forget your usual car/house/collectible flipper who probably sees this as a very easy come up.
I think going to distributors first might be the play here. All the non-pinball people are just gonna order online.

This is my thought also. I think that rick and morty has more “dot.com” fans then let’s say nascar or wrestling does. These dot.com guys have more then enough money to purchase a pinball machine. I’m talking about guys that routinely spend +$5k for a new MacBook every 2 years. Guys that buy folding cell phones just Because. Guys that buy Supreme pins but don’t play pinball

The demographics of rick and morty fans and the avg pinball fan are different crowds.

#2428 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

If you and all the others asking the same questions over and over would please do the following:
Go to the top of this topic. Click “Show Topic Index” next to “Topic Index (Key Posts)”. This has all the pertinent info from Charlie and Spooky about R&M. Please refer to this area so we dont have the same questions 3 times every day.
Sorry if that seemed harsh. It will really help you enjoy the forum better.
So the portal in the corner is hit from a ramp (it looks like a pretty big hole, maybe its a power/accuracy shot into the hole over something else) or does a ramp go over it and then there is a diverter to open the ramp path up to dump into the portal? I bet its the ladder since there is a coil back there that we dont know what it is and theres no way theres a fourth flipper in such a weird spot. This isnt a bally....or is it?

Not harsh at all. It’s just internet mannerisms. Back to wild speculation: someone will post to someone else to say ‘Google it’.

#2429 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I'll speculate.

Back in June or July, Scott Danesi was asked what his new pin might have. One of his replies said that he was a big fan of objects that physically change during gameplay. Like the rug that unfolds in TBL or the visor that drops down in AFM. I'd be willing to bet that this game will have something like that.

There's a horseshoe on the playfield. That's where balls will be locked.

The third button on the right side of the cabinet is a Meeseeks button. Maybe it would finish a mode the same way the Big Bang does in DI, or maybe it would save the ball from the outlane like in BK, complete with a "oowee can do". That would be hilarious.

There is a pickle rick mode. And 10 modes total. I think we guessed that a while ago, based on the Morty Adventure card?

All guesses above.

I can't wait.

#2430 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I'll speculate.
Back in June or July, Scott Danesi was asked what his new pin might have. One of his replies said that he was a big fan of objects that physically change during gameplay. Like the rug that unfolds in TBL or the visor that drops down in AFM. I'd be willing to bet that this game will have something like that.
There's a horseshoe on the playfield. That's where balls will be locked.
The third button on the right side of the cabinet is a Meeseeks button. Maybe it would finish a mode the same way the Big Bang does in DI, or maybe it would save the ball from the outlane like in BK, complete with a "oowee can do". That would be hilarious.
There is a pickle rick mode. And 10 modes total. I think we guessed that a while ago, based on the Morty Adventure card?
All guesses above.
I can't wait.

It’s safe to assume that the adventure card modes are pulled from various episodes, perhaps? I agree Pickle Rick seems like a sure thing. I’d vote for a Total Rickall mode, with the parasites, and if you mess up the final shot, Mr Poopy Butthole takes one to the chest.

#2431 4 years ago

To however is in charge of reveal, can you announce when it will be revealed such as 12/xx at 8pm.

So it’s not just a random drop where some people don’t know about it because they’re sleeping or at work etc.

#2432 4 years ago

Looks like the website supports online ordering. Wonder if they will have a Ticketmaster queueing type of experience:

q (resized).pngq (resized).png
#2433 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

To however is in charge of reveal, can you announce when it will be revealed such as 12/xx at 8pm.
So it’s not just a random drop where some people don’t know about it because they’re sleeping or at work etc.

They don’t know yet I think as they are waiting for approval on artwork. But the game will be revealed before you can order it anyways.

#2434 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

... third button on the right side of the cabinet is a Meeseeks button. Maybe it would finish a mode the same way the Big Bang does in DI, or maybe it would save the ball from the outlane like in BK,...

There is a pickle rick mode.

Third button is definitely a magnasave - magnet clearly visible from underside pics.

Pickle Rick mode is a MUST.

#2435 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Looks like the website supports online ordering. Wonder if they will have a Ticketmaster queueing type of experience:[quoted image]

on this one you just have to hope there aren’t 776 people in front of you!

#2436 4 years ago

With regards to people flipping pins based on speculation, I have not seen anything about limiting an order to 1 machine. I have not bought from Spooky before.

Does anyone know if there will be an order limit?

And @kermit24, thanks for bringing up Ticketmaster, you made me throw up in my mouth.

#2437 4 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

With regards to people flipping pins based on speculation, I have not seen anything about limiting an order to 1 machine. I have not bought from Spooky before.
Does anyone know if there will be an order limit?
And kermit24, thanks for bringing up Ticketmaster, you made me throw up in my mouth.

I was told it is limited to one game as a fang club member. Already tried....

#2438 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I was told it is limited to one game as a fang club member. Already tried....

Awesome!

#2439 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Never said it was...

No you didn’t , which is not the point of my post. I highly doubt they would give away a machine that they are only producing 750 of.

The walking dead was not a limited run so they could give one away and no one cares.

#2440 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

They don’t know yet I think as they are waiting for approval on artwork. But the game will be revealed before you can order it anyways.

I’m saying Spooky should pre-announce when it will be revealed. So that people can be ready to look at it and order.

My point is there was a guy who made Orb for lotR but he would only make a batch of 20 and he’d just put on his web site whenever it was available. So if you weren’t aware it would be sold out before you even know it was on sale.

I’m not saying that Spooky knows when it can be revealed but when they know they could give a pre announcement like Stern does when they have some video drop.

#2441 4 years ago

I don’t care about when the reveal is. I’m not concerned about 750 selling out day one. Without some sort of real-playing example I won’t buy on theme alone. That’s a poor planned decision.

#2442 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m saying Spooky should pre-announce when it will be revealed. So that people can be ready to look at it and order.
My point is there was a guy who made Orb for lotR but he would only make a batch of 20 and he’d just put on his web site whenever it was available. So if you weren’t aware it would be sold out before you even know it was on sale.
I’m not saying that Spooky knows when it can be revealed but when they know they could give a pre announcement like Stern does when they have some video drop.

They don’t need to pre announce the reveal. There will be days or possibly longer between when the reveal happens vs when you can actually order. So there is plenty of time to digest the reveal before you have to decide if you want to order.

#2443 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

They don’t need to pre announce the reveal. There will be days or possibly longer between when the reveal happens vs when you can actually order. So there is plenty of time to digest the reveal before you have to decide if you want to order.

Ok I didn’t know that. I thought as soon as it was revealed it would go live for sale.

#2444 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Ok I didn’t know that. I thought as soon as it was revealed it would go live for sale.

No. Per number 8 here from spooky.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/36#post-5347633

#2445 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think he's saying Spooky should do that, not that they are.

#2446 4 years ago

Unless you know something I don't, that post just says that they will post pictures and open ordering, rather than open ordering before posting pictures. My expectation is sales to go live right after they announce.

#2447 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I don’t care about when the reveal is. I’m not concerned about 750 selling out day one. Without some sort of real-playing example I won’t buy on theme alone. That’s a poor planned decision.

I am willing to wager that there are at least 750 RaM fans with more money than patience to wait for a reveal... I am one of them.

This is a mix of love for the theme and FOMO - once RaM fan base gets wind of this, it will be a guaranteed sellout day one.

Hell, the only marketing they need is a single tweet from JR or DH to set the rabid fan base ablaze... hammer home the fact only 750 will be made EVER and you may see Spooky's website crash as if there was a DDOS.

#2448 4 years ago

“Last but not least i doubt cartoon network will allow us time to put a whole gameplay stream together but we will get video of the ball rolling through features and show video and call outs as they are obviously a huge part! Full pictures of entire game also.“

So at-least a video and pictures before orders go live.

#2449 4 years ago

I would expect orders to go live Tuesday. Emails go out Monday since it’s the mid season break tonight.

#2450 4 years ago

They haven't really said how they are going to announce when orders go live yet....I really hope it isn't via an email an hour before....

Additionally, I'm not interested in 'flipping' so I don't plan to order one if I haven't seen pics/gameplay. I only buy games I'm interested in keeping.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/49?hl=phoenixpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.