New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 256899)

Rick & Morty Pinball from Spooky!

By MEuRaH

11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 12,232 posts
  • 776 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by kruzman
  • Topic is favorited by 237 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,262 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG
IMG_1175 (resized).JPG
IMG_1174 (resized).JPG
DCD2A98A-84FC-4C7C-A00C-BDB6B6203D8B (resized).jpeg
7119AE22-F7DC-4DFC-860B-552C76B5B099 (resized).jpeg
86F056A7-1E21-4BD4-808F-D45B7187B4E7 (resized).jpeg
5E6BE29B-3FF1-4605-B1DC-AEB8F2DEDD79 (resized).jpeg
5144B608-71B9-4E23-88DE-827D25196119 (resized).jpeg
F354F545-7F0F-4745-BFC2-D7F2B54888E1 (resized).jpeg
254F9FAA-E23F-4982-BA39-C5C00FD6DF0E (resized).jpeg
CA484115-F782-4762-A0B8-9E6518EC27A0 (resized).jpeg
C2E297EB-334A-41B8-B080-38EF0A1E314E (resized).jpeg
FE3A164D-037F-4AE0-BFCA-87EC4C289195 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12232 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 245.
#2351 11 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m struggling to find an example where a game sold out Instantly.
My first recollection was Metallica LE where there was confusion with people ordering from multiple dealers or people getting an order revoked?
TWD where the premium was not announced until later so people were fearful there might not be a premium. But it was super probable there would be a premium.
GB LE sold out very quick if I’m not mistaken.

GB LE was a day 1 (same day) sell out.
Rob Zombie LE same day
Batman 66 SLE was same day
Batman 66 LE - not sure, but it was fast. more like 48 hours?
Elvira SE - same day

#2352 11 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m trying to find an example where a game sold out Instantly.
Metallica LE did where there was confusion with people getting valid orders revoked because dealers didn’t get the allocation they were promised?

My friend ordered a MetLE for her fiancé as a wedding gift, and the distrib had to tell her it had oversold...but then he decided to let them have the game he had personally reserved for himself.

AC/DC LE sold out pretty quickly as well.

#2353 11 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

GB LE was a day 1 (same day) sell out.
Rob Zombie LE same day
Batman 66 SLE was same day
Batman 66 LE - not sure, but it was fast. more like 48 hours?
Elvira SE - same day

None of those were as high as 750.

Max of those above was GBLE ( 500 ).

Rest were much lower.

750 in the pinball world for any limited edition is a high number.

#2354 11 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Rest were much lower.

The first 400 units will sell very fast. Maybe day 1. I don't think all 750 will sell day 1 with deposits paid. 400 people in this thread. Not all of them are buyers.

#2355 11 months ago

Rest were much lower.

Yeah, but it makes a difference if there's a possibility of not getting a game at all. In the case of Stern, unlimited pros and premiums are available, and the premium is identical to the LE in terms of game play.

If I knew Spooky was making a limited edition run (numbered, different trim, backglass, whatever) and also a run limited only by demand, it would be a much different situation.

#2356 11 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The first 400 units will sell very fast. Maybe day 1. I don't think all 750 will sell day 1 with deposits paid. 400 people in this thread. Not all of them are buyers.

I'm just interested enough in this game to want to buy it (assuming it's good), but not interested enough to go through a competitive ordering process or wait 18 months. I figure I'll either come back to it later in the secondary market, or lose interest entirely if it seems too difficult or expensive.

#2357 11 months ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Yeah, but it makes a difference if there's a possibility of not getting a game at all. In the case of Stern, unlimited pros and premiums are available, and the premium is identical to the LE in terms of game play.
If I knew Spooky was making a limited edition run (numbered, different trim, backglass, whatever) and also a run limited only by demand, it would be a much different situation.

I agree. Open ended runs don't create much sense of urgency with the customer, other than the gotta have it now types, and there are plenty of those in pinball. But only a very small group would even be able to have this game in the first 60 days due to production volumes. So locking as many early orders in is important with the long lead times are all the shiny pinball machines that will be coming out between number 1 and number 750 18 months from now. Probably the smartest way Spooky can set this up given the limitations on production.

#2358 11 months ago

MM LE remake was in demand initially but then there was a regular edition announcement so no one was as afraid of missing out altogether also since MM had many months delay a lot of people gave back their LE reservation.

#2359 11 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I agree. Open ended runs don't create much sense of urgency with the customer, other than the gotta have it now types, and there are plenty of those in pinball. But only a very small group would even be able to have this game in the first 60 days due to production volumes. So locking as many early orders in is important with the long lead times are all the shiny pinball machines that will be coming out between number 1 and number 750 18 months from now. Probably the smartest way Spooky can set this up given the limitations on production.

It's still a high number but it's a great licence.

750 is spot on to lock in deposits.

If Spooky had said 1000 way more people would just sit back and wait.

Compare to JJP where LE's and CE's mean very little and never great the sense of FOMO.

#2360 11 months ago

Compare to JJP where LE's and CE's mean very little and never great the sense of FOMO.

According to pinside there are more than twice as many Pirates LEs than SEs.

#2361 11 months ago

I’m curious when it is announced to Fang club. Will it have a link to order? Also is it preferred to order from Spooky or a distributor?

Can some distributors chime in if taxes will be required?

#2362 11 months ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

According to pinside there are more than twice as many Pirates LEs than SEs.

Not sure how many Pirates were ever made. Don’t think all the LEs or CEs were used.

#2363 11 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Not sure how many Pirates were ever made. Don’t think all the LEs or CEs were used.

Total Pirates run was ~1k units across all variants.

#2364 11 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m curious when it is announced to Fang club. Will it have a link to order? Also is it preferred to order from Spooky or a distributor?
Can some distributors chime in if taxes will be required?

Taxes depends on the state and the distributor. States that require the taxes generally don’t do so unless that distributor sells X amount in a year to that state.

#2365 11 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m trying to find an example where a game sold out Instantly.
Metallica LE did where there was confusion with people getting valid orders revoked because dealers didn’t get the allocation they were promised?
TWD where the premium was not announced until later so people were fearful there might not be a premium. But it was super probable there would be a premium.
GB LE sold out very quick if I’m not mistaken.
MM remake LE sold out fast too but people were able to get refund and many did because of long delays. Now Spooky wisely has a non refundable deposits.

GB was a special case where they stopped production due to the legalities around the designer i thought....

#2366 11 months ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

You can always buy a spot or a used game. Its not like these things get bought and then buried never to be found again. Dont fall for FOMO

#2367 11 months ago

I predict day one sellout for R&M

#2368 11 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

I do too actually, and then 3-4 months later a slew of selling of spots because tired of waiting.

#2369 11 months ago

You guys are about to experience the power of the Silicon Valley/Bitcoin Rick & Morty fan. 120$ szechuan sauces for days... This thing isn't gonna sell out because of pinball fans, it'll sell out because of them. And yes, at least 750 of them have a lot of money. And let's not forget your usual car/house/collectible flipper who probably sees this as a very easy come up.

I think going to distributors first might be the play here. All the non-pinball people are just gonna order online.

#2370 11 months ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

You guys are about to experience the power of the Silicon Valley/Bitcoin Rick & Morty fan. 120$ szechuan sauces for days... This thing isn't gonna sell out because of pinball fans, it'll sell out because of them.

Thanks Noob-Noob! This guy gets it.

#2371 11 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

If it sells that quickly, be prepared to listen to moaning and groaning from people who now will wait from 9 mo to 18 mo for their game. A delay of 8 hours when ordering could result in getting the back end of the line. Most will get the game if they want one. Others are waiting for people to resell their pin.

#2372 11 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Taxes depends on the state and the distributor. States that require the taxes generally don’t do so unless that distributor sells X amount in a year to that state.

To be pedantic, taxes are due to buyer’s state in all cases. The difference is if the seller or the buyer is responsible for collection. If a seller sells more than x goods in a state, the seller is supposed to collect and pay. If the seller doesn’t meet that threshold, they don’t have to collect, but it does not remove the responsibility of the buyer to pay the tax.

Even before the latest tax code change, buyers were supposed to be paying sales or use tax. 99% never paid. That’s why the law was changed.

#2373 11 months ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I'm not targeting anyone here with this comment, but I find the people who complain the most about taxes pay relatively little

Both of us being from the chicago area, I think Illinois pays some of the highest anywhere (except maybe new york city and california). Next year we get to pay tax on auto trade-ins higher than $10k (double taxed). Thank god I'm the type of person that drives vehicles into the ground.

#2374 11 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If it sells that quickly, be prepared to listen to moaning and groaning from people who now will wait from 9 mo to 18 mo for their game. A delay of 8 hours when ordering could result in getting the back end of the line. Most will get the game if they want one. Others are waiting for people to resell their pin.

True but it's better to wait 18 months instead of 5 years to eternity like every other boutique.

#2375 11 months ago

This would be my first Spooky pin, How is the quality of the Spooky pins?

Are they reliable, the TNA at Sunshine Laundromat often seems to be out of commission quite often, whereas all of the other (Bally, Williams, Stern) pins pretty much are always operational and in great shape.

#2376 11 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

True but it's better to wait 18 months instead of 5 years to eternity like every other boutique.

I would say RAZA will be worth the wait, but deeproot Pinball is a major pinball producer and competitor for Stern, so boutique is not applicable.

#2377 11 months ago
Quoted from ralphcousman:

GB was a special case where they stopped production due to the legalities around the designer i thought....

No. That happened way after the game release. Stern sold a ton of GB games overall. The entire 500 GB LE game run were made and shipped in a two week timeframe shortly after release.

#2378 11 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

That would only be possible with 750+ Fang Club members. Is the ordering process automated? Asking KT to send out 750 emails?

#2379 11 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

This would be my first Spooky pin, How is the quality of the Spooky pins?
Are they reliable, the TNA at Sunshine Laundromat often seems to be out of commission quite often, whereas all of the other (Bally, Williams, Stern) pins pretty much are always operational and in great shape.

I'd say overall they are rock solid. All you need to know is that during the JJP/Stern pool-gate, Spookys entire run of ACNC went off without a hitch.

I have seen TNAs on location have a lot of problems and be down a lot as well. I have seen ACNC have a significant amount of ball stuck problems and memory leak errors also. That being said, they are almost always small, easily fixable problems that are bound to pop up when you're handmaking a product like this. They are getting better with every release and their customer support - from what I gather - is bar-none.

They are literally the only company I would buy a nib from in 2019/2020, no way I'm touching the two big companies with how they responded to user clear coat issues - which I thought was completely pathetic - but I digress.

#2380 11 months ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Even before the latest tax code change, buyers were supposed to be paying sales or use tax. 99% never paid. That’s why the law was changed.

The laws were changed because the supreme court breakout where it ruled the states could force the seller to collect. The states couldnt force out of state sellers before... now they can... so evryone quickly adapted.

#2381 11 months ago

Oops

#2382 11 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Both of us being from the chicago area, I think Illinois pays some of the highest anywhere (except maybe new york city and california). Next year we get to pay tax on auto trade-ins higher than $10k (double taxed). Thank god I'm the type of person that drives vehicles into the ground.

Wow, that's ridiculous. I didn't know that.

#2383 11 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

With my property tax of $1000 a year, I think I can manage it. After all, a house is just a luxury item.

In Nevada a house is also a luxury item.

As well as power, water, internet, food, clothing etc...

And if course driving.
Cars have a priviledge tax applied to the annual registration on top of the registration.

Because, of course it's a priviledge to be driven to the hospital, especially if you live outside of town...

Oh wait! Everywhere in Nevada is out of town...

#2384 11 months ago

Couldn’t agree more.

750 is not a low number. Neither is 500. While they are “limited” to that it’s not a true “collectible” number which Spooky isn’t and will never go for.

JJP “collectible” worked with POTCCE. That number was 200? WonkaCE at 500? Not so much

Maybe Spooky would have said 1,000 if they could actually build them faster?

I doubt it, they have hit the sweet spot for their own business model and consistently keeping the line running.

I’m not waiting 18 months on any pin despite the FOMO factor reaching peak levels right now!!!

I believe Spooky has worked it out from Acnc where 6 months on my number went to like 15 months and I was in the 160s due to delays after announcement

Looking forward to this game as Spooky makes the next leap.

#2385 11 months ago

I foresee a lot of people trading early spots with later spots when the time comes. its gonna be really hard to nail down your place in line and nobodys gonna wanna wait to order.

#2386 11 months ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

I foresee a lot of people trading early spots with later spots when the time comes since its gonna be really hard to nail down your place in line and nobodys gonna wanna wait to order.

I waited so long for my ECLEWOZ, I actually forgot about it, I bought it day 1.

When Jen called, I was shocked and tickled at the same time.

I thought I had lost my money on a foolish venture lol.

So, I'm in no hurry at all.

I just hope the game is better than all the other spooky games.

I haven't felt compelled to buy any of them until now.

#2387 11 months ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

I foresee a lot of people trading early spots with later spots when the time comes. its gonna be really hard to nail down your place in line and nobodys gonna wanna wait to order.

Even if I had to wait till the very last Rick off the line - I’d get it before my Lebowski #56 would have ever shown up.

Perspective, people. Spooky’s done right by everyone. Be patient.

#2388 11 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Couldn’t agree more.
750 is not a low number. Neither is 500. While they are “limited” to that it’s not a true “collectible” number which Spooky isn’t and will never go for.
JJP “collectible” worked with POTCCE. That number was 200? WonkaCE at 500? Not so much
Maybe Spooky would have said 1,000 if they could actually build them faster?
I doubt it, they have hit the sweet spot for their own business model and consistently keeping the line running.
I’m not waiting 18 months on any pin despite the FOMO factor reaching peak levels right now!!!
I believe Spooky has worked it out from Acnc where 6 months on my number went to like 15 months and I was in the 160s due to delays after announcement
Looking forward to this game as Spooky makes the next leap.

750 is less than the total number of Cactus Canyons produced. How is that not limited? There were more Ironman pins produced in the first run and they went nuts in price before the vault. With this game, this is it, no chance for more to make the original run obsolete or less limited.

#2389 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I can understand this feeling but TNA is really fun, I guess if you want a long story driven pin with lots of modes it would not be fun but shooting satisfaction, sound and vision it’s a great pin.

#2390 11 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

750 is less than the total number of Cactus Canyons produced. How is that not limited? There were more Ironman pins produced in the first run and they went nuts in price before the vault. With this game, this is it, no chance for more to make the original run obsolete or less limited.

I’d bet a lot of CC have been lost or destroyed over time.

750 is 200 more than TNA and 600 more than AMH and I see them for sale not for any higher price than new.

#2391 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I waited so long for my ECLEWOZ, I actually forgot about it, I bought it day 1.
When Jen called, I was shocked and tickled at the same time.
I thought I had lost my money on a foolish venture lol.
So, I'm in no hurry at all.

I would say if you didn't like TNA that you probably shouldn't preorder this unflipped. I think a lot of us are super excited about this mainly because TNA was such an amazing revolutionary title and we're super stoked to see what Scott comes up with next. Bowen also for that matter.

Since I love TNA and ACNC I see no way I won't love this.

Unless it sets my house on fire.

#2392 11 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I want to downvote Illinois for this confiscatory, greedy policy.

#2393 11 months ago

I'm prepared to purchase this pin now. No need to see game play. If I don't like it sale it 10 years from now to a big time fan that was unable to purchase at launch. And get my purchase price back if nothing else. With 17 pins sometimes my games will set two or three months before it see any game play.

#2394 11 months ago

Stern and JJP sell their Pins worldwide. Probably 50 percent of Sterns LE Pins leave the US. Spooky doesn't export as much, I guess. So 750 is more like 1500.

#2395 11 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So you took the refund deeproot offered? Or were you even in on that?

#2396 11 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I’d bet a lot of CC have been lost or destroyed over time.

A lot were saved and never opened too. Ops were doing this when it came out.

LTG : )

#2397 11 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

I predict the world will keep spinning long after.

I’ve been involved in waaay too many early order situations. Huge R&M fan, HUGE, and love what Spooky is doing, but with MMRRE coming and 18 months being a ways away, I’m not ordering on emotion without info on pf layout and design, and, gawd forbid, a video of it in action.

#2398 11 months ago

Pinheads are the only ones that won’t want to wait 18 months for their game.

How many people were more then happy to wait 2 years or more for a Tesla 3, semi, roadster, and cybertruck?

Kickstarter has conditioned people into being ok with the wait for a preorder, even if it’s 18 months.

#2399 11 months ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Pinheads are the only ones that won’t want to wait 18 months for their game.
How many people were more then happy to wait 2 years or more for a Tesla 3, semi, roadster, and cybertruck?
Kickstarter has conditioned people into being ok with the wait for a preorder, even if it’s 18 months.

2 years for my PONG, (but it payed off in the end nicely) if it's 6 mos, it'll feel like a breeze.

#2400 11 months ago

I'm fine with whatever wait as long as it is only a down payment rather than full payment. However, even saying that it is pending the game itself.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 12232 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 245.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside