20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 246.
#2201 4 years ago

wrong thread

#2202 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

They will have to solve their memory leak issue first, but Spooky's first video modes would be awesome!

They are on the track of getting the memory leak issue fixed from what i hear, but wont be a problem here because the computer has been upgraded on R&M

#2203 4 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

They are on the track of getting the memory leak issue fixed from what i hear, but wont be a problem here because the computer has been upgraded on R&M

When you can't fix it, just toss more power at it.

#2204 4 years ago

What’s a memory leak?

#2205 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What’s a memory leak?

a failure in a program to release discarded memory, causing impaired performance or failure.

#2207 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What’s a memory leak?

In computer programming, you often allocate new memory from what's called the heap (a large pool of memory available for the process to use). If you don't free up the memory when you're done with it, that's a leak. Eventually, you'll exhaust all your memory, and your software will crash or not function properly, depending on if/how memory allocation failures are handled.

#2208 4 years ago

I really hope Spooky nails the price point out of the gate. There’s so many variables at play here with a great theme, limited run, manufacturing capabilities, consumer demand. The price point alone could be a huge home run for sustainability and gaining a ton of traction in the years to come.

#2209 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I already beat you to it. Secret deal on the side.
[quoted image]

FAKE NEWS ! That's like the 3rd time you've used that picture - hilarious...keep it up !

#2210 4 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

I really hope Spooky nails the price point out of the gate. There’s so many variables at play here with a great theme, limited run, manufacturing capabilities, consumer demand. The price point alone could be a huge home run for sustainability and gaining a ton of traction in the years to come.

I'm guessing base price of $7k like their previous pin? If I recall correctly.

#2211 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

FAKE NEWS ! That's like the 3rd time you've used that picture - hilarious...keep it up !

I can't help it, it's the one joke I have.

#2212 4 years ago

I believe ACNC was $6450? if I remember seeing it last?

I am tossing an assumption this will be just under $7 K - hopefully closer to the 6500 mark, but I don't have my hopes up. I have to add shitloads in exchange so +30% + all day long for any prices.

#2213 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

ACNC base price was 6450.
TNA was 5995.

#2214 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I’d think this has to push $7599-$7999.

Reason being, I assume this theme is miles beyond the demand of Alice Cooper. If this is the case, pricing below what demand would sustain will leave A LOT of cash on the table. I’d hate to see a situation that arises in which used game pricing outpaces NIB cost. But at the end of the day, the market will get to decide that based off the pricing out of the gate.

Edit: I don't have a dog in this fight and want Spooky to do well. For those downvoting or those that disagree, y'all do realize that if used 3rd party prices outpaced the pricing of NIB games yet to be made that this would hurt Spooky since their prices are static and manufacturing of the full run will take considerable time while competition will be pumping out a directly competing product? The pricing is based on demand and the economics of their previous releases with the cost of add-ons that have been documented since this posting. The base price will be somewhere in the high 6's, the price will likely push in the mid to high 7s when everything is taken into consideration.

#2215 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

In computer programming, you often allocate new memory from what's called the heap (a large pool of memory available for the process to use). If you don't free up the memory when you're done with it, that's a leak. Eventually, you'll exhaust all your memory, and your software will crash or not function properly, depending on if/how memory allocation failures are handled.

or buffer overflows.

#2216 4 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Nah. My 'guess' is $6995 + $525 for BSE.

#2217 4 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Reason being, I assume this theme is miles beyond the demand of Alice Cooper. If this is the case, pricing below what demand would sustain will leave A LOT of cash on the table. I’d hate to see a situation that arises in which used game pricing outpaces NIB cost. But at the end of the day, the market will get to decide that based off the pricing out of the gate.

Charlie and Luke have stated the price was locked in months ago and they are not out to squeeze every dime from their customer base. I sure hope we aren't looking at your proposed price range.

#2218 4 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

I bet you're a thousand high.

#2219 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Nah. My 'guess' is $6995 + $525 for BSE.

That’s probably where it’ll end up. The economics side of me thinks this needs to be in the 7.5K+ range to maximize the value. We shall see soon.

#2220 4 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

That’s probably where it’ll end up. The economics side of me thinks this needs to be in the 7.5K+ range to maximize the value. We shall see soon.

That’s some stern thinking

#2221 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Charlie and Luke have stated the price was locked in months ago and they are not out to squeeze every dime from their customer base. I sure hope we aren't looking at your proposed price range.

Then early adopters will have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

#2222 4 years ago

I believe Spooky would like to stay between the pricing of stern pros and premiums . Somewhere near the middle of those prices .

#2223 4 years ago

I’m in the “wanna see it club”
If this was made by another company i may not give it a second look. JMO

I went butter with ACNC, and that is staying at the end of the row. I can’t go another $1K this time. If the game looks truely special and “loaded” i may grab a standard to PLAY and own... $6895 would make me feel good about it, would look at the BS option as well. $7200 or $7300 i would need to pass for now, enjoy what i have.

#2224 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I bet you're a thousand high.

Add butter cab and you're there lol

#2225 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

That’s some stern thinking

Nah, just business growth thinking to put a company in a position to keep upping their game even more for years to come. I don’t think a premium price ask for a premium made game with all the toys to a solid fan base of both manufacturer, game designer, and theme is a big ask.

#2226 4 years ago

ACNC was $6450?

Spooky said small increase?

Base cost has to be $6750 approx - maybe a tad higher.

#2227 4 years ago

my hope is between the higher production number and the deposit money going along with that (and perhaps a sliver of fang club funds), and knowing this is a solid title that WILL sell out at some point.. that spooky can confidently buy higher volumes of parts perhaps upfront for better pricing.. at least parts they KNOW they can use on future titles
PROC systems
displays
speakers
flipper mechs
rgb lamps
targets
wire (lots and lots of wire)

I know charlie does everything he can to keep prices down.

#2228 4 years ago

Question for those who have bought the butter cab from Spooky and sold your game - Besides the amazing look, does it retain its value when you sell?

#2229 4 years ago

Here's my guesstimation values

6750 standard price
525 B.S edition

250 for extras
300 for shipping -
didn't price butter cab

= $7825 for a US pinhead

+ 33% exchange (for CDN) - 2580 + or -

= $10,400 for a Canadian pinhead (me) OMG, dagnabbit!!!!

#2230 4 years ago

Had any fang club members got any email other than the order processed email? Any special login portal or just the store web site?

#2231 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

ACNC was $6450?
Spooky said small increase?
Base cost has to be $6750 approx - maybe a tad higher.

Im thinking (and hoping) you are pretty close. Once you hit 6995 =woah $7k, am i doing this? $6750, 6850, it makes a difference

#2232 4 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Had any fang club members got any email other than the order processed email? Any special login portal or just the store web site?

I never even got a confirmation email, just the message at the end with the number. I can login after clicking "shop" on their website. It goes to a whole other site fyi. There you can shop for the game when it comes up...when ever that is.

#2233 4 years ago

How are spooky cabinet decals, pretty decent? Imagine so with their print shop..

#2234 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

How are spooky cabinet decals, pretty decent? Imagine so with their print shop..

Their cabinet decals are very good.

#2235 4 years ago

How much do you think they'd charge for factory sideblade art? That's the only upgrade I'd really be interested in... that and maybe the BS armor.

#2236 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

How much do you think they'd charge for factory sideblade art? That's the only upgrade I'd really be interested in... that and maybe the BS armor.

I think the side blade art for Alice Cooper was $45 . I could be remembering wrong on that number but I did get side blade art on my Alice Cooper and it was a fairly cheap upgrade from Spooky.
They look great also !

#2237 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:How are spooky cabinet decals, pretty decent? Imagine so with their print shop..

They look great and the decals are a part of the main cabinet, not just stuck on. Corners are rolled in and edges are clean.

#2238 4 years ago

Guess: $6500 standard / $7025 BS edition. + $1k butter option. Wouldn't be surprised to see these +500 however.

#2239 4 years ago

Anyone working on the R&M powerbladez??

#2240 4 years ago

I'm not a huge Buttercab fan, but other than the BS edition goodies, I think the Buttercab package is the only accessory that is a factory exclusive. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

#2241 4 years ago

December 24 reveal or sooner?

#2242 4 years ago
Quoted from Thenewguy1337:

December 24 reveal or sooner?

I'll take the under.

#2243 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

They look great and the decals are a part of the main cabinet, not just stuck on. Corners are rolled in and edges are clean.

Yes. RZ is one of the best looking games I own. Even without butter treatment.

#2244 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'll take the under.

I'm guessing Sunday or Monday after the season finale

#2245 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'll take the under.

My guess would be early next week. I would think for the sake of Cartoon Network and Spooky they would want to get this all hammered out before the Holidays. If it doesn't happen next week I would think it wouldn't happen until early January.

#2246 4 years ago

I wonder if there is enough in the budget for a single television commercial during a live airing. Would push demand over the top... That reveal audio is 26 seconds long... it would fit in a single commercial spot... maybe it could go hand in hand with a 30 second clip of the actual game...

Has there ever been an actual television commercial for a pinball machine? I know Williams used to send out promotional videos.

#2247 4 years ago

I wonder if there is enough in the budget for a single television commercial during a live airing. Would push demand over the top... That reveal audio is 26 seconds long... it would fit in a single commercial spot... maybe it could go hand in hand with a 30 second clip of the actual game...
Has there ever been an actual television commercial for a pinball machine? I know Williams used to send out promotional videos.

I think The Walking Dead had a giveaway or something, maybe related to the show that came on after where it was discussed? From what we've seen with our sample size here I don't know if they want/need more people contacting them about a machine.

#2248 4 years ago

Game will sell out. No need to advertise.

#2249 4 years ago

They aren't going to need a television commercial to sell games. They sold 550 TNA's without the power of a licensed theme and nearly 500 AC's which has just a fraction of the licensing power of R&M. 750 games will sell quickly.

#2250 4 years ago

Advertising is just made to manipulate people into buying or doing something they otherwise wouldn't have. Doesn't apply here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/45?hl=moonduckie78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.