20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 246.
#2101 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yea that looks pretty f'n sweet. Only problem is instant paranoia about banging it up anytime I had to move the game.

You do want to be careful but I'm careful with all my restored games too.

This is also why Spooky charges what they charge. Lots of extra packing goes into shipping a butter game.

#2102 4 years ago

That Fish Tales Cab is pure Candy.

#2103 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Will Squidbillies be Adult Swim game #2, and how many of those will you be building? Hilarious.

Metalocalypse , Brandon Small 2.0.

Mermaid Murder Multi-Ball?

#2104 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Lots of extra packing goes into shipping a butter game.

And time, $$$, and patience. We also have to assume a couple or going to get dinged on the assembly line during the year.

But yeah, it's fairly worth it when you see it! Especially on a bright colorful game like ... oh, we haven't shown that yet have we.

#2105 4 years ago

Spooky can correct me if I’m wrong, but the money you pay a distributor goes to spooky after going to the distributor.

#2106 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Spooky can correct me if I’m wrong, but the money you pay a distributor goes to spooky after going to the distributor.

Kidof an important thig to get confirmation on...Charlie?

#2107 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

So talk to your distributor and say you are a member and buy one of their games... he already knows how many he (or she) has to sell, and what order they will fall. Their games are spread out in the entire 750 game run to keep things as fair as possible.
OR... you can log in on our new web store the day of the launch and buy that way. You can also take your chances on calling (we know KT and Squirrel are going to be swamped on the phones too). Our sales spots are determined by when you purchase.... granted, allotments for Butter cabs, over seas stuff, shows, etc etc are already planned in batches as well.
It's the initial payment plus the Blood Suckers package price. So $1,525 first payment.... NOTHING more until your game is complete! We WILL finish these in 18 months no matter what it takes on our end.
When you game is close to ready we'll contact you, and all add-ons like speaker kits, shakers, knockers, interior graphics, etc will be done at that time.
It won't matter a bit what your address is at the time of purchase... just what it is at shipping.
Hope that explains it.
Sorry!!! Just edited this... we don't take Butter game into the initial payments. That's on the end as well. My bad!

Charlie, can you please start another thread about quantity produced, how to buy, Spooky Pinball, etc? You are really cluttering up this Rick and Morty thread!

ricktime (resized).jpgricktime (resized).jpg
#2108 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Quoted from Rondogg:

Kidof an important thig to get confirmation on...Charlie?

Yes, of course.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#2109 4 years ago

Butter (direct print cabinets) orders will be taken shortly before your game is built and do not get included on the initial payment or original order in any way shape or form. Fang Club Blood Sucker edition $1525 initial payment. Standard edition $1,000 these are the ONLY variants sold on launch day.

Distributors and Spooky games are mixed so 50 spooky then 50 assorted distro then 50 spooky etc....
Yes we understand some people wont get the game that is kind of the whole point of limited.
Yes i understand a bunch of people will be calling everywhere trying to get a game. There are like 20 reasons we do things in this order but i really would rather you guys just accept that many hours of debate and thought went into the way this is being done and this is the best way due to alot of variables you don't know or understand.
No there is not a distributor list. There are reasons for this we are discussing the best option.

Please always read the key posts they have a lot of good info.

#2110 4 years ago

What is the standard spooky warranty?

#2111 4 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Yes, of course.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

FYI, to anyone that doesn't know, Lock When Lit is an official distributor and he's saying that $ to get on their list goes directly to Spooky.

#2112 4 years ago

We’ll cover parts in your game in home use for 1 year. Location use will be 90 days (same as that big pinball company). We like owners that customize their games, but please understand if you’re tapping into the wiring or board somewhere, you’re doing so at your own risk and voiding your warranty.

A large amount of it is case by case and we have many cases provided much more than we were required to. Believe it or not much of it has to do with just being a decent person when you contact us!

If you are worried about play field quality not 1 single ACNC customer has pooling or clear coat chipping under posts that i have been made aware of. It is never 100% as you can see from the entire hobby no matter how large the manufacturer but we believe our board is the best it has ever been.

On that note i am outa here.

#2113 4 years ago

Let’s play a trick on spooky

Nobody order the game day one

Wait til day 2

#2114 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Let’s play a trick on spooky
Nobody order the game day one
Wait til day 2

I like the way you think!

(don't worry, I won't tell anyone else that you are just trying to secure your day one order)

#2115 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Awesome thank you. Just to be clear though, I don't "have a distributor" and although I'm sure most are on the up and up, I'd rather just order from you guys direct since giving some random person 1500$ isn't exactly my idea of a stress-free purchase (hope you understand).
You're saying distributors have an allocation and that allocation already has a set place in line out of 750 based on when they sell it? How many games are gonna be available on the webstore directly?

Here (Australia) we only have an importer (which works just fine for my situation) and as far as I am aware there are no Official "distributors". The thing I am curious to know now that some dealers here are saying they have lists of 30+ buyers, they say they are simply going to order from spooky just like "everyone else"... so it sounds like they plan to log on and somehow add +30 games to their cart and pay +30k deposit in one hit?

I can only assume these games simply come from the limited direct Spooky order numbers?

Clearly it isn't the same as TNA. Starting to wonder if we should be on these unofficial lists.... ? SpookyLuke

#2116 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We’ll cover parts in your game in home use for 1 year.

1 year after taking delivery or 1 year after actually opening the box?
someone that I know (I won't say who) purchased a metallica premium and let it taunt him for 1 year, 2 months and 5 days before opening it

#2117 4 years ago

Question, as I seen folks assume one way or the other -

Are preorders opening the day of the reveal, or is the reveal first, and the preorders opening next year some time?

#2118 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

1 year after taking delivery or 1 year after actually opening the box?
someone that I know (I won't say who) purchased a metallica premium and let it taunt him for 1 year, 2 months and 5 days before opening it

I would guess it’s upon delivery. How would they know when you opened the box, and why should they trust that?

#2119 4 years ago

First to pay, first to play.

#2120 4 years ago

Hoping this game has a banging soundtrack that really slaps

#2121 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I am just hoping for a bash toy, on a spring or otherwise!

bash_toy (resized).jpgbash_toy (resized).jpg
#2122 4 years ago

SpookyLuke lets say sales are open and whatever edition either bs or standard after the deposit has been made will you immediately be given what number that machine is?
Maybe also just an estimated ball park of a shipping date?

#2123 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

spookyluke lets say sales are open and whatever edition either bs or standard after the deposit has been made will you immediately be given what number that machine is?

That will have to come atleast a little later because the orders need to be layed into a spreadsheet after order to layer distro vs direct and BS in front. Also you can estimate your own ship date roughly at 10 per week. These will be fairly close to built in numerical order minus a few over seas shipping things and maybe direct print cabinet groups.

#2124 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

spookyluke lets say sales are open and whatever edition either bs or standard after the deposit has been made will you immediately be given what number that machine is?

That would be impossible right away as they already stated BS edition would be made first sonic you ordered a standard and a hour or day later someone ordered a BS edition it would push the manufacturer date of the standard game to later in the line.

#2125 4 years ago

can someone remind me how fast did ACNC sell out??

#2126 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Not real fast i think they may still have a few. I think a few hundred went fast and rest was slower

You also had a bunch selling there spots over time too.

#2127 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

0B498920-A598-495E-BBDA-BCD1751E6BC6 (resized).jpeg0B498920-A598-495E-BBDA-BCD1751E6BC6 (resized).jpeg
#2128 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

At the pace of this thread it should surpass the number of posts in the Alice Cooper thread by this weekend.

#2129 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

That will have to come atleast a little later because the orders need to be layed into a spreadsheet after order to layer distro vs direct and BS in front. Also you can estimate your own ship date roughly at 10 per week. These will be fairly close to built in numerical order minus a few over seas shipping things and maybe direct print cabinet groups.

I appreciate that you’re going to deliberately interleave direct and distro orders. I ordered a TNA direct within the first few days and was frustrated when people who ordered from distros months after me received their games months before me. However, at 50 direct and then 50 across all distro, there is now likely an incentive/ to order direct. Nothing is perfect...

#2130 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Why?

It’s a totally different game.

rd

#2131 4 years ago

Spooky Team,

Your communication has been fantastic.
And FUN!! Thank you for your communication and wish you guys and gals great success with this and a Merry Christmas! Looking forward to see what you came up with.

#2132 4 years ago

I think this game will def sell out pretty fast and my main 2 reasons are below. But that said with a 18 month build time means some will decide to sell there spots because all new pins coming out in that time.

1. Only 750 made with pretty big theme
2. Some will be buying this just to flip because it's limited...

#2133 4 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

I know this is reality...but with a small company just trying to do what’s right...this is wrong.

#2134 4 years ago

proco and mskoenen I used your images in this video I'm too damn tired to do my own. lol.

#2135 4 years ago

i want the reveal to be like the dan harmon tweet. someone posts "can we see the top playfield please?" what do you think i can just go against adult swim's permission? fine! here just for you heres what the playfield looks like. i mean i was already planning on doing that anyway

#2136 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I know this is reality...but with a small company just trying to do what’s right...this is wrong.

Indeed But it's gonna happen for any pin that is limited and in demand.

#2137 4 years ago

That breakdown is really interesting. I have never played a pin with a pop bumper instead of a sling!

#2138 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Yes it is, Charlie/Luke basically said , 750, not 751, never more ever. They’d replan a brand new R&M if they ever made another R&M

Can I also get in on the list for the brand new R&M 2.0 if I put my deposit down now? #751 please?

#2139 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Butter (direct print cabinets) orders will be taken shortly before your game is built and do not get included on the initial payment or original order in any way shape or form. Fang Club Blood Sucker edition $1525 initial payment. Standard edition $1,000 these are the ONLY variants sold on launch day.
Distributors and Spooky games are mixed so 50 spooky then 50 assorted distro then 50 spooky etc....
Yes we understand some people wont get the game that is kind of the whole point of limited.
Yes i understand a bunch of people will be calling everywhere trying to get a game. There are like 20 reasons we do things in this order but i really would rather you guys just accept that many hours of debate and thought went into the way this is being done and this is the best way due to alot of variables you don't know or understand.
No there is not a distributor list. There are reasons for this we are discussing the best option.
Please always read the key posts they have a lot of good info.

My blood sucking buttery #1 Rick and Morty will be delivered to my house roughly when? Also, I am pretty good at experiencing random problems and reporting them…so when #1 gets here, you can count on me to make certain #2+ are rock solid. I mean, the way I see it, I am helping everyone, so feel free to PM me with the details .

#2140 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I’m all for bangin” and slappin’.
Pinball is fun too.

#2141 4 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

I think this game will def sell out pretty fast and my main 2 reasons are below. But that said with a 18 month build time means some will decide to sell there spots because all new pins coming out in that time.

Don't be so sure. We haven't seen the game yet, and pin flipping hasn't been profitable lately due to saturation. Plus ppl have to wait for the games to be built while other companies are putting out titles that will likely be great. Also, there is buying fatigue right now due many due to so many nib purchases. It's a buyer's market right now IMHO.

#2142 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Don't be so sure. We haven't seen the game yet, and pin flipping hasn't been profitable lately due to saturation. Plus ppl have to wait for the games to be built while other companies are putting out titles that will likely be great. Also, there is buying fatigue right now due many due to so many nib purchases. It's a buyer's market right now IMHO.

It's a buyers market...unless you're buying Rick & Morty

#2143 4 years ago

Slam ramp to portal?

Shaping up to be a crazy layout, fast and fun

And did Scott work for Stern back in 1980/81?

In another dimension of course.....

#2144 4 years ago

I've been glued to this forum for 8 day. I haven't check to see if any new topics have been posted. Maybe a lot of games posted.

#2145 4 years ago

Hi Spooky. Congratulations on the well deserved hype train and a new game ready to launch.

I'd like to share a concern. I will strongy advice against mounting circuit board up to the edge line of the playfield. Anything really, not just circuit boards.

It may damage cabinet finish, whatever flavour that will be. But also damage the board. Maybe just enough for something to not work sometimes. And we know how nice such a problem is. Leave a margin big enough for production + transportation + maintainance + years of play.

Good job.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2146 4 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Hi Spooky. Congratulations on the well deserved hype train and a new game ready to launch.
I'd like to share a concern. I will strongy advice against mounting circuit board up to the edge line of the playfield. Anything really, not just circuit boards.
It may damage cabinet finish, whatever flavour that will be. But also damage the board. Maybe just enough for something to not work sometimes. And we know how nice such a problem is. Leave a margin big enough for production + transportation + maintainance + years of play.
Good job.
[quoted image]

I believe you are misinterpreting what you are looking at.
The image he posted is cropped and the edges were feathered with photo editing software (I assume to remove any visible image of the cabinet/art).
I.E. the photo was edited to remove the background/boarder and the edges of the play field with it.
Hence the random purple background in a rectangular shape with soft feathered edges on all sides of the image.

#2147 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

NAILED IT.

Yes it is, and yes we would.

Well I don't mean to tell you how to business but painting yourself into a corner may bite you and reward flippers rather than Spooky. Would be a shame to see people who put in no work reap the reward.

Happy you're doing this and I'm likely a customer but should it prove that there is much more demand artificially limiting it doesn't make sense and may hurt your fans. You could at least say the number could adjust thereby giving speculators pause and giving yourself an out.

Maybe the reason you got the license was due to agreeing to keep it low volume or else the cost would be too high, who knows.

Either way, looking forward to seeing the portal gun implemented creatively.

#2148 4 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Man has a point...

#2149 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I believe you are misinterpreting what you are looking at.
The image he posted is cropped and the edges were feathered with photo editing software (I assume to remove any visible image of the cabinet/art).
I.E. the photo was edited to remove the background/boarder and the edges of the play field with it.
Hence the random purple background in a rectangular shape with soft feathered edges on all sides of the image.

you can see the wire is slightly trimmed off. good eye!

#2150 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

More
Don't be so sure. We haven't seen the game yet,

How well the game plays only matters to people that actually like pinball.

Remember Szechuan sauce? Dipping sauce was being flipped for hundreds of dollars. Dipping sauce!

Forget every pinhead. There are enough crazy rick and morty fans to buy each of these games twice. Once the fan base knows that a rick and morty pin I’d out there, it will be bought just cause.

How many KISS games were sold to non pinhead KISS fans? Rick and morty will have more demand over the next decade then most games made today. There are 70 more episodes coming out at minimum, Rick and morty will be around for years

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 210.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Trade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 13,500.00
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/43?hl=blackwaterop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.