20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 246.
#2051 4 years ago

Draw your speculations for playfield layouts - Pinside's favorite game. Here's a template with all the obvious parts.
(And yes, it looks bad, but I only spent 15 mins making this)

rm (resized).jpgrm (resized).jpg
#2052 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I got this one too.... NO!!!
And you already know the word I want to use on you. You invented it.

*Hanging head in shame*

Fine.

#2053 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

How can you say you like the layout?

I build pinballmachines myself.
So i can understand a bit of the layout looking at the megs and inserts.

#2054 4 years ago

I got this one.... NO!

I'm happy my comment about the light-up magnet core didn't get a "no". Whohoo.

#2055 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I'm happy my comment about the light-up magnet core didn't get a "no". Whohoo.

How about this one; it doesn't have A ramp.

#2056 4 years ago
Quoted from proco:

Draw your speculations for playfield layouts - Pinside's favorite game. Here's a template with all the obvious parts.
(And yes, it looks bad, but I only spent 15 mins making this)[quoted image]

You're going to get this whole post mod drained with this haha.

#2057 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Fang Club can buy from distributors or direct. Fang Club members get priority with distributors and direct sales but Spooky Sales and Distributor sales are split evenly neither has priority over the other they are spread evenly across the run. Fang Club does not mean you have priority over a distributor because that would alienate all people who are in the Fang Club that wish to got through their long standing distributor. You have to be in the Fang Club to buy on launch day regardless if you are buy direct or through Distributor.

Sorry but this is still very confusing, could you clear a couple of things up?

Walk me through this...I'm a fang club member. I get the email day of saying when its' going live. I click the link when it does go live to buy. I assume you'll be asking for a deposit using credit card information? regular is 1000$ and fang is 1525$ and fang gets made first right? what about shipping information? i plan on moving next year...

and when it goes live, you are saying you will have a certain amount of the 750 on the website? so say 300 on the website and then the rest go to distributors? so when the say 300 sell out (very quick i hope you realize), then you will have a list of random distributors that people will have to start calling to see if theres a place in line? if you're not the 1 person on the phone with them when sales go live? i hope you realize this is going to create a giant cluster-f day of. and while this may sound very simple and elegant to you, it sounds anything but to the laymen.

one other thing. how is your place in line determined? will distributors get their games first? will the online? how will you determine who places there order at what time across distributors and online in say the first hour it goes live?

wouldn't the best option just to sell all 750 online first come first serve and then delegate the appropriate sales to the distributors or hq?

#2058 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Looks like a streetlevel game like tna.
I do like the layout.
Hope there is a ramp.

It has one, it's right there glued to the bottom of the playfield.

#2059 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

It has one, it's right there glued to the bottom of the playfield.

Glued? How dare you, sir.

#2060 4 years ago

For donkadelic, from what i understand,

Each dist and Spooky themselves are a line. Except the Spooky line doesn't form til orders start being taken. Each dist has their own allotment and method for allocating.

I would expect shipping info can change down the road. What style game you choose CANNOT be changed down the road.

Spooky and dists all get games to ship, all lines ship more or less simultaneously from weekly production.

#2061 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Sorry but this is still very confusing, could you clear a couple of things up?
Walk me through this...I'm a fang club member. I get the email day of saying when its' going live. I click the link when it does go live to buy. I assume you'll be asking for a deposit using credit card information? regular is 1000$ and fang is 1525$ and fang gets made first right? what about shipping information? i plan on moving next year...
and when it goes live, you are saying you will have a certain amount of the 750 on the website? so say 300 on the website and then the rest go to distributors? so when the say 300 sell out (very quick i hope you realize), then you will have a list of random distributors that people will have to start calling to see if theres a place in line? if you're not the 1 person on the phone with them when sales go live? i hope you realize this is going to create a giant cluster-f day of. and while this may sound very simple and elegant to you, it sounds anything but to the laymen.
one other thing. how is your place in line determined? will distributors get their games first? will the online? how will you determine who places there order at what time across distributors and online in say the first hour it goes live?

If you want your game first, you better get in line now!

spoooky (resized).jpgspoooky (resized).jpg
#2062 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

For donkadelic, from what i understand,
Each dist and Spooky themselves are a line. Except the Spooky line doesn't form til orders start being taken. Each dist has their own allotment and method for allocating.
I would expect shipping info can change down the road. What style game you choose CANNOT be changed down the road.
Spooky and dists all get games to ship, all lines ship more or less simultaneously from weekly production.

that still doesn't explain how they determine your place in line. so if i order 2nd online its the same as if i order from a small distributor 2nd in line?
i know you can't change the style, thats been made clear. the other things have not been made clear...

#2063 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

If you want your game first, you better get in line now![quoted image]

I'd love to....but which line should I get in?

#2064 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

I'd love to....but which line should I get in?

The lineup of tents at Spooky headquarters in Benton.

#2065 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

The lineup of tents at Spooky headquarters in Benton.

566befc9f0c5134210320f48b7913fc15f478a04 (resized).jpg566befc9f0c5134210320f48b7913fc15f478a04 (resized).jpg
#2066 4 years ago

If this game does not have a Froopyland Cannibal Incest Multiball then I’m afraid Spooky has dropped the ball haha.

#2067 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

that still doesn't explain how they determine your place in line. so if i order 2nd online its the same as if i order from a small distributor 2nd in line?
i know you can't change the style, thats been made clear. the other things have not been made clear...

Some things are unknowable. Not everything in life can be controlled 100%. It's a pinball machine, it'll come when it comes. If you want one sooner rather than later make sure you order a B.S. edition. Other than that, not a whole lot you can do to influence the specific timing of your delivery.

#2068 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

BSE orders get filled first... other than that, don't think they'll be an exact formula. Former customers likely get preferential treatment, hopefully early Fang Club members (hint LOL) but I wouldn't expect much more info.

Just prep like it's Pinburgh signup day!

#2069 4 years ago

Distributer numbers and spooky direct orders are layered evenly across the run.

#2070 4 years ago

Ok I'll start. So here's my prediction after looking at the GPI bulbs and some screws for posts.
I won't even attempt to guess what the top part with the extra flipper looks like.
First I thought that there might be a ramp like on Earthshaker, but then the rest didn't work out.

Edit: There is an obvious thing I missed: the left slingshot is a bumper
rm2 (resized).jpgrm2 (resized).jpg

#2071 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

. It's a pinball machine, it'll come when it comes. If you want one sooner rather than later make sure you order a B.S. edition.

I want to be at the opposite end of the line. How can I guarantee I get like #745. I need time to save money!

#2072 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

I'm a fang club member. I get the email day of saying when its' going live.

So talk to your distributor and say you are a member and buy one of their games... he already knows how many he (or she) has to sell, and what order they will fall. Their games are spread out in the entire 750 game run to keep things as fair as possible.

OR... you can log in on our new web store the day of the launch and buy that way. You can also take your chances on calling (we know KT and Squirrel are going to be swamped on the phones too). Our sales spots are determined by when you purchase.... granted, allotments for Butter cabs, over seas stuff, shows, etc etc are already planned in batches as well.

It's the initial payment plus the Blood Suckers package price. So $1,525 first payment.... NOTHING more until your game is complete! We WILL finish these in 18 months no matter what it takes on our end.

When you game is close to ready we'll contact you, and all add-ons like speaker kits, shakers, knockers, interior graphics, etc will be done at that time.

It won't matter a bit what your address is at the time of purchase... just what it is at shipping.

Hope that explains it.

Sorry!!! Just edited this... we don't take Butter game into the initial payments. That's on the end as well. My bad!

#2073 4 years ago

So talk to your distributor and say you are a member and buy one of their games... he already knows how many he (or she) has to sell, and what order they will fall. Their games are spread out in the entire 750 game run to keep things as fair as possible.
OR... you can log in on our new web store the day of the launch and buy that way. You can also take your chances on calling (we know KT and Squirrel are going to be swamped on the phones too). Our sales spots are determined by when you purchase.... granted, allotments for Butter cabs, over seas stuff, shows, etc etc are already planned in batches as well.
It's the initial payment plus the Blood Suckers package price (add Butter cab too if you go that route). So $1,525 ($2,520 with Butter) first payment.... NOTHING more until your game is complete! We WILL finish these in 18 months no matter what it takes on our end.
When you game is close to ready we'll contact you, and all add-ons like speaker kits, shakers, knockers, interior graphics, etc will be done at that time.
It won't matter a bit what your address is at the time of purchase... just what it is at shipping.
Hope that explains it.

You son of a bitch, I’m in.

#2074 4 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

I want to be at the opposite end of the line. How can I guarantee I get like #745. I need time to save money!

Just call the gals AFTER the madness settles... they help with this all the time.

#2075 4 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

I'd be willing to bet my buttery BS deposit that you'd have NO problem finding someone to trade a lower number (say anything under 600 or so) to someone who has a number over 700. Remember, at 10 games a week, 100 spots is over two months of waiting time.

#2076 4 years ago

This machine won't be complete unless it has Morty Ball Drop mode where the balls just fall out of the cabinet.

#2077 4 years ago

Pardon for being OOTL, but what all exactly goes into a Butter cabinet? Is this a super nice cabinet clearcoat like the first WOZ run, or something more involved?

#2078 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Pardon for being OOTL, but what all exactly goes into a Butter cabinet? Is this a super nice cabinet clearcoat like the first WOZ run, or something more involved?

They direct print the art to the cabinet then clear coat over it....it's buttery goodness I assure you.

#2079 4 years ago
Quoted from proco:

Ok I'll start. So here's my prediction after looking at the GPI bulbs and some screws for posts.
I won't even attempt to guess what the top part with the extra flipper looks like.
First I thought that there might be a ramp like on Earthshaker, but then the rest didn't work out.[quoted image]

You are getting close.
Remember thats a pop bumper instead of the left sling

#2080 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yes, just like the original WOZ's. Here's what a FT butter cab looks like.

B022BAAF-90AC-41A2-9B7A-D249FB701151_1_105_c (resized).jpegB022BAAF-90AC-41A2-9B7A-D249FB701151_1_105_c (resized).jpegC90CD709-416D-46ED-88A5-B32D7CB187F1_1_105_c (resized).jpegC90CD709-416D-46ED-88A5-B32D7CB187F1_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#2081 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

You are getting close.
Remember thats a pop bumper instead of the left sling

And a second ball trough that leads to the vuk.

#2082 4 years ago

I’m happy Spooky is putting out another machine because pinball is awesome. My only concern is the low production numbers and slow build times. I mean realistically how do you keep the lights on at this rate? Building these things cost money. R & D is expensive. Licensing is expensive. Employees are expensive. I doubt at these production numbers they have made any profit yet. Just from a business standpoint, I’m concerned. Why limit yourself to 750 units if the games turns out to be a hit.

#2083 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I’m happy Spooky is putting out another machine because pinball is awesome. My only concern is the low production numbers and slow build times. I mean realistically how do you keep the lights on at this rate? Building these things cost money. R & D is expensive. Licensing is expensive. Employees are expensive. I doubt at these production numbers they have made any profit yet. Just from a business standpoint, I’m concerned. Why limit yourself to 750 units if the game is a hit? Seems like a bad business model.

#2084 4 years ago

I’m happy Spooky is putting out another machine because pinball is awesome. My only concern is the low production numbers and slow build times. I mean realistically how do you keep the lights on at this rate? Building these things cost money. R & D is expensive. Licensing is expensive. Employees are expensive. I doubt at these production numbers they have made any profit yet. Just from a business standpoint, I’m concerned.

They live on cheese balls and free beer

#2085 4 years ago

It's the initial payment plus the Blood Suckers package price (add Butter cab too if you go that route). So $1,525 ($2,520 with Butter) first payment.... NOTHING more until your game is complete! We WILL finish these in 18 months no matter what it takes on our end.
Hope that explains it.

Awesome thank you. Just to be clear though, I don't "have a distributor" and although I'm sure most are on the up and up, I'd rather just order from you guys direct since giving some random person 1500$ isn't exactly my idea of a stress-free purchase (hope you understand).

You're saying distributors have an allocation and that allocation already has a set place in line out of 750 based on when they sell it? How many games are gonna be available on the webstore directly?

#2086 4 years ago

I’m happy Spooky is putting out another machine because pinball is awesome. My only concern is the low production numbers and slow build times. I mean realistically how do you keep the lights on at this rate? Building these things cost money. R & D is expensive. Licensing is expensive. Employees are expensive. I doubt at these production numbers they have made any profit yet. Just from a business standpoint, I’m concerned. Why limit yourself to 750 units if the games turns out to be a hit. Seems like a bad business model.

Um they've generated the most hype for a pinball machine in a decade. I'd say they're doing alright.

They want to make other games remember. A year and a half is a big chunk of time.

#2087 4 years ago

I’m happy Spooky is putting out another machine because pinball is awesome. My only concern is the low production numbers and slow build times. I mean realistically how do you keep the lights on at this rate? Building these things cost money. R & D is expensive. Licensing is expensive. Employees are expensive. I doubt at these production numbers they have made any profit yet. Just from a business standpoint, I’m concerned. Why limit yourself to 750 units if the games turns out to be a hit. Seems like a bad business model.

They choose to run the company at a sustainable level that suits their lifestyle. They live and work in a small town where other opportunities are relatively scarce, and they are a family owned business. They want to keep the run sizes small in the hope that they can avoid the hassles of A) Hiring more workers that might not be readily available in their area, and B) The prospect of having to lay off workers if/when the next game isn't a smash hit, or something is delayed and the line has to be slowed for a time, etc.

Sure, if R&M is a smash hit they could be leaving *a lot* of potential sales on the table. But in the long run they value the lifestyle factors over the $$$. It's a non-psychopathic way to manage a business, not only about profit for profit's sake.

#2088 4 years ago

The 750 figure isn't in stone. I mean, I know they say that's it but if the demand is there for hundreds more I wouldn't throw money away and I doubt they would too.

#2089 4 years ago

Why limit yourself to 750 units if the games turns out to be a hit

We get this a lot... more so today obviously than ever.

Because that's 250 units more than we've ever taken on, and expanding for more capacity means you also have to keep those people busy when you DON'T have a huge hit game on your hands. We have full time people that count on jobs. We NEVER want to walk any of them out the door because we can't keep them busy.

Could we be greedy right now and say "oh, did we say 750 games? Well we really meant 1,500!!!" Sure! But we don't think that is right or our style. We said 750, we mean 750.

We're going into year #7 and our best selling games were the last two, and it appears we are about to top those!

We are just fine and doing what we love. Simple as that.

And you are 100% correct... EVERYTHING in pinball is expensive.

#2090 4 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

The 750 figure isn't in stone. I mean, I know they say that's it but if the demand is there for hundreds more I wouldn't throw money away and I doubt they would too.

Yes it is, Charlie/Luke basically said , 750, not 751, never more ever. They’d replan a brand new R&M if they ever made another R&M

#2091 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Sure, if R&M is a smash hit they could be leaving *a lot* of potential sales on the table. But in the long run they value the lifestyle factors over the $$$. It's a non-psychopathic way to manage a business, not only about profit for profit's sake.

NAILED IT.

Quoted from Sticky:

he 750 figure isn't in stone. I mean, I know they say that's it but if the demand is there for hundreds more I wouldn't throw money away and I doubt they would too.

Yes it is, and yes we would.

#2092 4 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

From what i can recall reading earlier in this thread, Spooky would design/build an entirely new second version of the machine from the ground up if they ever create more than 750 R&M's

#2093 4 years ago
Quoted from proco:

First I thought that there might be a ramp like on Earthshaker, but then the rest didn't work out.[quoted image]

That mech at the top cld be a diverter.. I've seen many games use a similar mech and it's a diverter on topside which makes more sense here. ....unless its like tspp upper playfield flipper.

#2094 4 years ago
Quoted from mskoenen:

Warning: Uninformed conjecture, speculation, and generally being an idiot incoming. I annotated the playfield picture with some ideas. Feel free to add to it.[quoted image]

This ladies in gentleman, is who I am proud to call my partner in crime.

Think Matt is excited? Yeah. We both are. Bring it Spooky and Co! I'm thrilled to see a guy and his family go from a humble incubated dream of a business to this.

#2095 4 years ago

Goodness..... let spooky run the business ...they know what they are capable of and are growing and getting better every year. As long as they are getting games out like promised that's what matters. If you don't like it and think you can do better than try it and see how you do.

#2096 4 years ago

Will Squidbillies be Adult Swim game #2, and how many of those will you be building? Hilarious.

#2097 4 years ago

We get this a lot... more so today obviously than ever.
Because that's 250 units more than we've ever taken on, and expanding for more capacity means you also have to keep those people busy when you DON'T have a huge hit game on your hands. We have full time people that count on jobs. We NEVER want to walk any of them out the door because we can't keep them busy.
Could we be greedy right now and say "oh, did we say 750 games? Well we really meant 1,500!!!" Sure! But we don't think that is right or our style. We said 750, we mean 750.
We're going into year #7 and our best selling games were the last two, and it appears we are about to top those!
We are just fine and doing what we love. Simple as that.
And you are 100% correct... EVERYTHING in pinball is expensive.

I get it man. You guys are the punk band in the world of pop music. I respect that. Just remember ringing the register isn’t selling out. If your product is good you deserve a bigger piece of the pie.

#2098 4 years ago

Jeez people, just let the poor bastards build games the way they like. Was there a sale on armchairs or something?

And that guy who wrote the novel about the fang club - calm the eff down.

#2099 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Yes, just like the original WOZ's. Here's what a FT butter cab looks like.

Yea that looks pretty f'n sweet. Only problem is instant paranoia about banging it up anytime I had to move the game.

#2100 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Will Squidbillies be Adult Swim game #2, and how many of those will you be building? Hilarious

Lizard Aliens?!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/42?hl=furyosjustin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.