20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 246.
#1501 4 years ago
Quoted from Thenewguy1337:

34k views doesn't mean that many purchases though.

Oh really?

#1502 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The low bumper on TNA is one of my favorite things ever. Just makes things so crazy and fun. Can’t wait to see how weird this playfield is.

Creative pop placement could be so baller! Like on EMs and stuff. Risky since it can go poorly and not be great like a lot of those old wacky designs, but some are rad! Rachel's save on Spanish Eyes in the WIPT got me all about cool pops designs!

#1503 4 years ago

34k views doesn't mean that many purchases though. Does anyone know if you get an order number when you put down your deposit? Then we could tell how fast they are selling out.

It's well-established fact that each view is worth five purchases.

That's why people are so freaked out. They're only making 750 games, but they're already clocking an estimated 170,000 orders, and adding roughly 35,000 orders per day.

#1504 4 years ago

34k views doesn't mean that many purchases though. Does anyone know if you get an order number when you put down your deposit? Then we could tell how fast they are selling out.

Order numbers will not be given out at the time the order is placed. I called about this yesterday. This is due to the fact BS builds are first so if you order a reg build and your the 3rd person to do so and there are 200 BS editions that may of ordered before or after your order, your order number becomes 203. Same goes for BS builds. Lets say they have 300 orders and your 301 but 100 of them are regular builds your order number will be 201. I would assume once all Fang club BS and reg orders are placed after the 2 weeks it will take a bit to get the order numbers out to the buyers.

#1505 4 years ago
Quoted from ashandrik:

I'm kind of new to the hobby. I've been playing once or twice a week for the last couple months and once a month or two for the last year or two. I love it though. I finally scraped together enough money to afford a pin of my own for the game room in the basement. Rick and Morty is probably the top of my dream theme list, but I can't see waiting, potentially, 18 months for my first pin.
Say I decide to buy a different pin, thinking I'll pick this one up in a year or two when they've been around a while. What are the chances it'll be popular enough that it ends up like an The Addams Family, Scared Stiff, or Twilight Zone, and actually ends up not dropping much or even increasing in price? Seems unlikely to me, but with a limited number like this and such a popular theme, maybe? But, I don't think any other game in recent production has done that, has it?

It’s pure speculation at this point, but here’s how it always shakes out:

A super popular theme + limited edition will result in a quick sell out. The game’s future value will be based on demand. Once the game is done & out there, it will gain a reputation. It will only go up in value is it’s really really great, universally loved, and everyone wants it. The only Stern LE’s that really rocketed in value were AC/DC & Tron. The rest, eh...although part of that could be due to Premiums satiating the market that wants the full experience without the scalper price. R&M won’t have anything beyond 750...so, could be a Tron situation if it’s super fun. If people are divided on it, value will reflect that.

#1506 4 years ago

Youtube views go by IP address and youtube account. If you watch the same video 10 times it only counts as 1x. But if you watch it on your PC than a work PC (assuming your not logged into your youtube account) and then again on a tablet this would be 3 views (and a guy probably buying the pin )

#1507 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If people are divided on it, value will reflect that.

Like it did with X-Men and Transformers. Also Stern and JJP put out alot of pins and with stiff competition we have a more stable price. MM was alot untill MMr came out. Supply and demand, you are a smart man.

#1508 4 years ago
Quoted from ashandrik:

I'm kind of new to the hobby. I've been playing once or twice a week for the last couple months and once a month or two for the last year or two. I love it though. I finally scraped together enough money to afford a pin of my own for the game room in the basement. Rick and Morty is probably the top of my dream theme list, but I can't see waiting, potentially, 18 months for my first pin.
Say I decide to buy a different pin, thinking I'll pick this one up in a year or two when they've been around a while. What are the chances it'll be popular enough that it ends up like an The Addams Family, Scared Stiff, or Twilight Zone, and actually ends up not dropping much or even increasing in price? Seems unlikely to me, but with a limited number like this and such a popular theme, maybe? But, I don't think any other game in recent production has done that, has it?

You will be fine.. there are a ton of new pins coming out and people always want the newest thing. You most likely will be able to pick one up fairly easily and cheaper just like most any other pin released.

#1509 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You will be fine.. there are a ton of new pins coming out and people always want the newest thing. You most likely will be able to pick one up fairly easily and cheaper just like most any other pin released.

Or much more likely, this thing sells out in the 2-week pre-order and is going for 10-12k by release.

Danesi Rick & Morty Spooky Limited 750. This isn't your standard pin.

#1510 4 years ago
Quoted from ashandrik:

Most pins depreciate slowly or hold their price. Very few appreciate substantially, and some surprise stinkers DO dump in price quickly. The only one in recent memory that appreciated a LOT (like a few thousand bucks) is jjPotC, and that's because people realized it's a masterpiece after JJP cut bait on manufacturing it after getting hammered mercilessly for changing the disc feature and trunk operation from people, most of whom who hadn't even played it. Once the pinball community at large got some time on it and realized it's amazing, desirability went way up, and there were only about 1000 made total, so the prices, used and new, went substantially over retail. But substantial pin appreciation in the short term is pretty rare.

If you buy a well-regarded recent pin (so you have some certainty that it's not going to dump in price) AND get a HUO so some depreciation is already out of it, and put a deposit on a R&M, you can play the new (to you) pin while you wait for R&M and when you sell the "waiting room" pin when your R&M is close to going on the line, you should get away with having a year or more rental for $200-$500, or if you negotiate well on the HUO, even steven.

#1511 4 years ago

“We’re fucked over here-because of these damn squirrels—MOREty!”

#1512 4 years ago

Activates pop 3 bumper switches shortly after leaving pop bumpers...

“Not the Pops again Morty...we’re fucked”

#1513 4 years ago

Reminder fellas... being in the club gets you access to sales at launch. Non club members will be able to buy leftovers 14 days later. IF THEIR ARE ANY. Keep in mind though this game could sell out in 2 hours for all we know. To give yourself the best chance of getting a game be in the club already and be on the website or speaking to your distributer the second game sales go live! Even if you are in the club if you dont buy it before they sell out you are out of luck!

#1514 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

To give yourself the best chance of getting a game be in the club already and be on the website or speaking to your distributer the second game sales go live!

Will a Distributor help any?

There are none near me and I was planning on going direct. Pretty much why I am a fresh Club Member.

#1515 4 years ago

All sales open at the same time and distributors all have a set number they are allowed to sell also so it just depends where customers go first and who runs out first. Spooky sales will be on our website.

#1516 4 years ago

After last night's episode, I'm looking forward to the wooly mammoth mods.

#1517 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Reminder fellas... being in the club gets you access to sales at launch. Non club members will be able to buy leftovers 14 days later. IF THEIR ARE ANY. Keep in mind though this game could sell out in 2 hours for all we know. To give yourself the best chance of getting a game be in the club already and be on the website or speaking to your distributer the second game sales go live! Even if you are in the club if you dont buy it before they sell out you are out of luck!

Is that for reals Lucas? I mean. Legitimately reason to think it may sell out...wild

#1518 4 years ago

Is the order date the same as the reveal? Has that date been officially announced? (assuming no as I can't find any).

#1519 4 years ago

Spooky would probably just tell you all the information you wanted to know now (more pics, release date, pricing) if he wasn't enjoying the hype show so much. And thanks to you guys, he's probably already adjusted his pricing up 5 times over the last three days since you're salivating so much.

#1520 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I was seriously considering joining the club but now it sounds like it doesn't guarantee you anything. I guess I'll just buy a ticket for the next hype train.

#1521 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Spooky would probably just tell you all the information you wanted to know now (more pics, release date, pricing) if he wasn't enjoying the hype show so much. And thanks to you guys, he's probably already adjusted his pricing up 5 times over the last three days since you're salivating so much.

Charlie is a man of impeccable character.
He has always and will always do right by his customers.

#1522 4 years ago

Stranger things, GNR, Or Toy Story, American Pinball, DeepRoot,

If this is an instant sell out i will be SHOCKED! How many just blew their wad (of money) on JP2??

#1523 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Charlie is a man of impeccable character.
He has always and will always do right by his customers.

I don't doubt that, but he's not running a charity. Plenty of super rich Pinsiders who I'm sure understand that "business is business". And based on the wealth that they've accumulated as evidenced by game rooms and half million dollar cars shown off here, it seems as though any Pinsiders buying NIB live by "business is business" creed themselves.

#1524 4 years ago

is the information / order benefit of the fang club in the form of just being on a mailing list blast or something else? ordered this weekend, nothing other than order confirmation so just wondering what to expect when they get out from under the avalanche of interest from last few days.

#1525 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

How many just blew their wad (of money) on JP2??

This is pinball 2019. There’s been an influx of buyers over the past 5 years or so who ONLY buy new...they’re not strapped for cash & will buy what they want.

...and then there are some of us have wads that we don’t blow on new Stern games with questionable quality & fake voices. We wait for something legit for our wad.

#1526 4 years ago

There will always be people that buy in early because of FOMO and drop out later, selling their spots, because they need the $$ or some other game came along that peaks their interest.

True with any game. I wouldn't blow a gasket stressing out over whether or not I'd get one. 750 is still a lot of games.

I hope we don't see a bunch of spot flippers if it's profitable to do so.

#1527 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I hope we don't see a bunch of spot flippers if it's profitable to do so.

Agreed. I think they could alleviate that and the speculation (which is bad for business) by just making spots transferable for $500. That should reduce the Kaneda types that constantly buy and resell spots. Also makes sales more real and saves spooky the time and effort of having to deal with transfers.

My local liquor store got sick of the flippers for rare bourbon and has installed a lottery for rare stuff but you are required to open and sample before you leave the store (prevents flipping of unopened bottles)

#1528 4 years ago

Loving all this wad talk

#1529 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Loving all this wad talk

Have you blown your wad Jay?

#1530 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Have you blown your wad Jay?

I’ll show you some pictures next time

#1531 4 years ago

Big ol’wad needed for those butter cabinets too. Freakin Decent

#1532 4 years ago

Hope they don't sell out before I have a chance to play the game. I don't know how so many of you can spend thousands on a game you haven't had a chance to flip. Looking at TNA it wasn't a game of interest. Then I played it and it was amazing. It became my first NIB.

#1533 4 years ago

I mean, atleast open the orders an hour or so into the Deadflip unveil stream... That would be better than blind on pics.

#1534 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Hope they don't sell out before I have a chance to play the game. I don't know how so many of you can spend thousands on a game you haven't had a chance to flip. Looking at TNA it wasn't a game of interest. Then I played it and it was amazing. It became my first NIB.

Thats likely a given... because when might you get to play it? Tpf maybe?

But there will undoubtedly be people selling spots or their games on delivery.... it always happens

#1535 4 years ago

Dead flip has been streaming with Bowen and talking about R&M.

Typo on name. Auto correct.

#1536 4 years ago
Quoted from waymon:

Dead flip has been streaming with Bowen and talking about R&M.
Typo on name. Auto correct.

He say anything of interest?

#1537 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I’ll show you some pictures next time

How are you taking pictures? Aren't your hands busy doing other things?

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#1538 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Loving all this wad talk

The only wad I want to see is Meatwad.
MC PEE PANTS Multiball.

327AB760-FEB3-4046-A15B-9B22551D0CE9 (resized).jpeg327AB760-FEB3-4046-A15B-9B22551D0CE9 (resized).jpeg
#1539 4 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

The only wad I want to see is Meatwad

only if it has 18 flippers

#1540 4 years ago

I joined the Fang Club tonight. Looking forward to seeing this game.

#1541 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

only if it has 18 flippers

Since 99.9% of Pinsiders will have no idea what we’re talking about, here’s a primer:

#1542 4 years ago

I've only mentioned ATHF like 3 times in this thread. It'd make a great pin too, but since it's no longer being made

I completely forgot about that episode...

#1543 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Most pins depreciate slowly or hold their price. Very few appreciate substantially...

This is only true of games built in the past 20 years. Most of the used 90s Williams games I picked up 10-15 years ago have doubled or tripled in value from what I paid for them.

#1544 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

This is only true of games built in the past 20 years. Most of the used 90s Williams games I picked up 10-15 years ago have doubled or tripled in value from what I paid for them.

This is only true because of the limited number out in the world because B/W are making no more and a certain amount are lost to attrition each year. The really popular classic titles from B/W stabilize or fall in pricing once CGC releases a remake. Medieval Madness was $15k and headed for the stratosphere 10 years ago, now a remake can be had for $7k and a very nice classic for not much more. That trend will continue as more CGC remakes come out and cherry pick the most valuable classic pins to release again.

But the question was from a new addict, so I didn't want to go too deep. Sticking with the recent pin releases of the last 10 years or so, the information is a good guide. But if R&M truly is his dream theme, I would definitely recommending putting down a deposit on it day 1, then buying a placeholder pin to play while waiting for that number to come up on the R&M line.

#1545 4 years ago

Don't let anyone kid you. Pinball machines will continue to go up in price and value for infinity. $100k by christmas. There is no bottom. I'm building my 3rd level basement now.

#1546 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My local liquor store got sick of the flippers for rare bourbon and has installed a lottery for rare stuff but you are required to open and sample before you leave the store (prevents flipping of unopened bottles)

That's funking stoopid.
What if the Bourbon is an investment... I mean; I'm not a drinker. But aren't wines bought on speculation? IE certain bottles are much more expensive if the "year" is good. By forcing the owner to "open" and "sample"... they just killed that market (if it's a market on bourbon).
Glad I'm not in that area.

#1547 4 years ago

All this Hype is hopes and dreams and speculation. 750 sold in 2h? In my years i find the more interest i have in a title the more i get let down after a revile. You get super high hopes and it always seems to fall short. Is this the 1 in 100, we hope, I Hope! If your a betting man the smart bet is it will be good and cool but alot of should of did this or that. Im rooting for Spooky on this. They have the interest and just need to deliver. Personally the only pin i would think of buying from them would be TNA so far, and for a home game seems like it will get old quick. Let go Spooky!! Fingers crossed!

#1548 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It’ll be gone before you can play it. That being said, you’ll eventually get the chance to buy a spot from someone or even a used one while people are still waiting for their games to ship.

#1549 4 years ago

I get the enthusiasm. I love R&M, but cool yer friggin’ knickers! A fun theme doesn’t mean this is going to flip great. Maybe it will, maybe it won’t, maybe somewhere in between. That said, it would have to be a total flip turd (super unlikely given the design team) to not sell out, so count on the full production limit existing after 18 months.

Now consider time as it relates to price and availability of Spooky games using TNA as an example. TNA is a very good and popular game. With only 550 produced, it’s also fairly rare as far as a production pin goes. Yet here we are, two years out and it’s fairly easy to pick one up in the low to mid 5k range. I almost bought one myself early on but decided to wait. I ended up getting my fill playing a friend’s machine. I eventually decided I didn’t want to own one. Playing it occasionally is good enough (even though my friend sold and I no longer have easy access to one).

Don’t freak out and think you’ll never have one unless you rush the doors. Patience pays. I don’t see any real chance of this game being so satisfying to everyone who buys it that there isn’t a similar secondary market in a couple of years.

#1550 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Or much more likely, this thing sells out in the 2-week pre-order and is going for 10-12k by release.
Danesi Rick & Morty Spooky Limited 750. This isn't your standard pin.

Lol ok.. there may be a frenzy in the beginning with people with lots.of money and no patience paying way over MSRP once they sell out , but it will settle down and you will b able to get one at cost or even cheaper down the road .It happens all the time and this will b no different unless the playfield is the most amazing layout ever with so many things going on it out of this world and even then I dont see it happening. I doubt all this will happen and they don't sell out in 2 hours... remember it's a non refundable deposit of 1k also. 750 is a good many pins and remember it will also take 1.5-2 years to make the 750 and with so many new pins coming out people dont like to wait real long these days .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 13,500.00
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/31?hl=guitarded and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.