20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

404 posts in this topic match your search for posts by zablon. You are on page 2 of 2.
#7634 4 years ago

I'm more concerned about the licensing than them. TNA was their baby to do with as they wish. And while I think Justin/etc probably won't have issues in the future, Comedy Central/Adult Swim might at some point (licensing is complicated and not cheap). Some of it will depend on how long they have the license, and I think some are overthinking it if they expect they'll have the license for 5 years. (but that's something they'd have to speak to obviously).

#7640 4 years ago

I think some of you are looking through hopeful lenses. License deals fall through all the time as things change hands. This is more on the content holders than Spooky. I'm not saying I'm right, just saying I'm not going to be let down if it doesn't happen because no one can predict the future and show's/companies change constantly.

#7644 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I know these are like $8K machines out the door, and I could wave my hands demanding forever free updates to this machine as R&M progresses as a show.
But this gets us back to that whole painful DLC discussion. Not that I’m a DLC fan, but if a subscription model is made it’s then contractural. Meaning they__have__ to staff and develop new code “forever”.
Hence I’m a fan of paid DLC if it gets developers assigned to my R&M machine forever. Because it adds more value to my $8K table over time, and it won’t go stale like most games after a year of ownership and 3,000 plays.
What’s $30-$40 bucks for a full pack update now and then?
Expecting lots of downvotes. But selfishly I see DLC as a way to guarantee and motivate significant new code for my $8K toy. And not win the lottery so to speak with a particularly motivated Lyman type.
It hasn’t been really done before, and in some sense it’s ground breaking and adds value. Also with a 18mo product cycle it makes a lot of sense for Spookie to make machines longer term profitable like a platform.
Ok downvote away.

I think much of that would depend on the value add. I can see Spooky obviously concentrating on improvements to R&M during the 18 months, but I am pretty sure they aren't just sitting on their butts during that time, they'll be planning/working on their next game or 2. How many updates R&M get is really going to depend on resources and time/cost. Again, my statements are around the claim that they are going to add later seasons to the game. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. It's easy to say that now, hard to say for certain in 18 months or later.

#7645 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I'd really rather look at this stuff through hopeful lenses. It's way better than being negative. It also helps to not be a total nutjob about it if things don't work out how you hope.

Fair enough, but based on the numbers/wait complaints alone, there's plenty of people who will have a meltdown if something promised doesn't happen.

#7705 4 years ago

That is pretty f'n awesome of them. Completely unexpected.

#7708 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

DC motor = spinning portal?

If that's an example of what the topper looks like, I'd say yes!

#7866 4 years ago

Sleepy Jeff.

#7870 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

You mean Sleepy Gary?

That might just be it. I'm sleepy, Jeff.

#7889 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

As I asked earlier: Is the poster a representation of the topper in any way?
[quoted image]

We've not been told as of yet.

#7978 4 years ago

Your problem is you used airpods....

on this topic, I highly prefer bt, but really having both options is a no brainer.

#8019 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I've found one with my distro. Love the show, love Danesi, love how the game turned out, but any thoughts on content with 8 and 12 year olds?

You say you've watched the show....the pin is like the show....

#8043 4 years ago

Do people use headphones on their pins in home? Pinballs are loud...even without sound...

#8045 4 years ago

put the glass back on, it cuts the sound down a ton

Shows what you know, while people are spending hundreds on invisiglass, I have a crystal clear view of the playfield!

#8075 4 years ago

I just re-binged Seasons 1-3...so much I had forgotten or missed.

#8083 4 years ago

I wonder from the perspective of someone who isn't familiar with the pinball community, if the 90k ebay listing had something to do with someone buying that for that price. (influenced FOMO).

#8090 4 years ago

Knockers are outdated.

#8101 4 years ago

I will admit, over the years I've backed off fidelity in the name of convenience and cost. Streaming, wireless, less cost..life is much simpler when you're not obsessing over visual and audio every second. Probably just an age thing.

#8106 4 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

Knockers NEVER go out of style

boobies (resized).PNGboobies (resized).PNG
#8135 4 years ago

Making jokes about something is not the same as doing them. And just because you are offended by said jokes, doesn't mean everyone has to be and doesn't make them bad people.

#8148 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Come on people ignore this crap , don't let Rick and Morty turn into this shit . and people thought knocker talk was stupid .

tits (resized).PNGtits (resized).PNG
#8149 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

I think video games are replacing everything. ESports is eroding NFL viewership. I play backgammon, but that is dying. Young people are just interested in the twitch fest of Fortnite and such. What else is slowly dying? Shuffleboard, pinball, bridge. Sigh.

You bring up an interesting point. It seems that the newer generations enjoy 'watching' someone do something more than actually doing. I was never a watch sports fan, so it's weird to see people would rather watch someone play a game than play it themselves.

#8250 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ok...just ordered the first 3 seasons on Blu Ray! How many seasons are there?[quoted image]

In this dimension or another one?

#8259 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

There's something you should know. Not all pinball owners are on Pinside.

I call bull, my non biased random poll of pinball owners on pinside showed that 100% of them were on pinside. Science!

#8266 4 years ago

After rewatching the show....I feel like this game would have benefitted from 3-4 of these portals around the PF with staged balls coming out in 3 or 4 different places, sometimes at random (like when morty doesn't calibrate it correctly). I know it's a $$ pipe dream, but one can dream...

#8313 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

I see an interdimensional tv is in the works I will def be getting that.

Where is that??

#8330 4 years ago

Awesome.

#8381 4 years ago

I hope the metal version of the theme from Morty's Mind Blowers is in this game.

#8447 4 years ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

I have been patiently refreshing for more than a month.
Now I'm just starting to wonder why they are making us wait so long.
Is the code still a mess that they cant show it with confidence?
Are they waiting for the new topper?
Problem with a manufacturer for a certain part?

This isn't Stern. It's a small company. There will be plenty of waiting just be patient.

#8483 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Can someone please swing by spooky under the pretense of buying a shirt or something, and then casually ask to play the game, and then secretly turn on their iPhone to record, and then place the iPhone in their shirt Breast pocket?
Thanks

but its still the one we already saw...

#8497 4 years ago

I wouldn't mind some video of the machines being built.

#8512 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Hmph.. I joined first day and shortly after it was announced and I haven't even gotten a delivery notification yet. My drink is getting warm!! I need a Spooky Coozie!

I received mine today and I had no notice.

#8779 4 years ago

Someones mad. LMAO. Some people just don't get it.

#8781 4 years ago

My favorite part is the 'gobbling up huge IP's'. Spooky. Pinball Corporate Overlord Masterminds.

#8784 4 years ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

Damn.... This guy in the comments [quoted image]

Where is this even at? It isn't on the comments of the video referenced.

#8787 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

How do you have the time to read and reply in this thread? I thought Charlie had you locked in a room with an empty folgers can to pee in so you can code without distractions?

code?? Hell he's probably on a Rush the Rock binge.

#8900 4 years ago

Put a cape on Mr. Poopybutthole and call it a day.

#8928 4 years ago

You know, some of you have some real mental issues. Why are you even on the internet or a forum? So many people coming into threads acting like it's their own personal echo chamber trying to tell people what to talk or not talk about and then feeling the need to make a post to complain about it (which clearly is in NO way better than the rest of the discussion). This isn't twitter. Do you act like that in real life?

#8932 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

What? Pinside isn't real life? Now I'm sad.

If it represents humanity, we're in trouble.

#8946 4 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

I am still unable to decipher exactly why you thought it would be appropriate to tell people they have mental issues - All while complaining about forum culture at this same time.
This is a thread regarding Rick And Morty by Spooky Pinball, as we have gotten little information so far, and people have already spent a lot of money, there is naturally going to be a lot of speculation.
Furthermore, forum threads like these are not reserved for neither positive nor negative posts, but for all things Rick and Morty.
The only thing I can think of that is inappropriate is attacking others, proclaiming that they have mental issues...

We are on the same page, I wasn't telling anyone not to talk about anything. I was referring to the people (there have been many, in this thread and others) that come in, and complain about what people are talking about. It is just as easy that if they want specific information to just ask, rather than go through the drama of telling everyone how 'bad the thread is' and 'that they should talk about 'this' rather than 'that'. It's people trying to call attention to themselves in the 'me me me me' culture. And yes, those that do that have a mental issue.

#8947 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Finally watched the released episodes of Season 4, hopefully snake jazz makes it into the game (I assume so with the space snake on the art). The stupid TS ts ts Tss, TS ts ts Tss, TS ts ts Tss would be hilarious during a snake-dimension.
I really wonder if any of the Chaos Chaos songs done for the show will make it into the game, Terryfold always cracks me up. Curious about licensing in general, will we get audio/voices of any characters other than those voiced by Justin Roiland, have they said anything about that?

I wondered that too...my guess is only Justin will be doing new callouts, but we'll probably get sound bites from the show from everyone. I'll admit, I'm not clear on how many voices Justin actually does other than Rick and Morty.....also, did he get liquored up before recording the new callouts?

#9080 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

So that’s means 100% it’s already in game!!! THX ERIC!!! Lol

This would be good information to know...because if it is just used as a normal knocker..I'm not getting one.

#9098 4 years ago

Every number is unlucky in some dimension.

#9128 4 years ago

Guess that answers my question about if the topper was being shipped attached to the game. Hmm...

Also...were any of those butter? I couldn't tell the difference in any of them.

Also also... That poor 1 person assembling all those machines, no wonder it will take 18 months! (/s)

Also also also... don't disturb him while he's working.

Also also also also....it's 2020...what's with the 480p video??

#9133 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Hi def version of topper view. Motor and at least 2 flashers...maybe more light we can’t see.[quoted image]

based on the wiring...I think it is just those 2 flashers. First mod might be to add a few small white led's in between the portal and behind rick and morty...but we've not seen a video of it in action yet so hard to say what it looks like.

#9236 4 years ago

I really want one of those guys as a keychain.

#9375 4 years ago

I realize it is now February and no games shipped? Guessing my rough estimate of Christmas is probably incorrect. Most likely looking at Q1 2021.

#9379 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What number are you?
Keep in mind that at least 20 are already built (probably another 10 this week).
The way Spooky works typically is the first 20-40 get out to early adopters. They then all help provide feedback and improve things before 41+ start going out.
So usually a small pause and then things really start cranking.

I'm 448 I think. Not a big deal, just making conversation. Not much else to talk about.

#9385 4 years ago

The superbowl ads sucked this year. Also, that commercial having an impact on the machine is almost zero.

#9400 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I'm in business to make money. I run my own company, and build attractions across the WORLD!

If being shady and underhanded is your idea of 'doing business' - which we've recently seen on this very forum...remind me to never do business with you.

#9421 4 years ago

yep and R&M won :p

#9508 4 years ago

WOW. I am not let down at all. It looks fun as hell. Nice job Spooky and team. Very impressed with the theme integration.

The only thing I saw that was concerning was that hitting the inner loop from the upper flipper seemed a bit tedious(?)

I wasn't sure from the video did we ever actually see different dimensions? How do you tell them from modes? Also, I don't think they ever hit the garage and used the portal?

Also, has hitting a slingshot (and in this case pop bumper slingshot) EVER been used as an objective in a game before??

*applause*

#9517 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

There's a dimension shift when Charlie starts Pickle Rick. (Portal Lampshow) (Green GI - means "this dimension makes something worth more") .. then when the portal gun drains, it "portals" back to C-137.
Edit: Link to that point -

Ahh okay. I thought that was because it was pickle rick mode. Got it!

#9520 4 years ago

Oh and..yes..the lightshow and sound is f'ng awesome.

"You got this Morty you little piece of shit!".

Going to be a long year...

#9553 4 years ago

Thread will explode as soon as all the workers and people who've been waiting for news finally see the video.

#9589 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

"Concerns over an orbit shot"
First world problems.

I just added an addition to my limited edition box under a bridge home for this pin. Great bonus is the game comes with it's own extra bedroom.
box (resized).jpgbox (resized).jpg

#9609 4 years ago

I brick shots on...pretty much everything. For as long as I've been playing pinball, I'm still a shitty player

#9623 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Finally got to watch. There is full LED lighting everywhere... to include the GI! Did anyone else notice the sling and pop bumper were "shots" that had to be made during one of the modes? They turned purple like targets. Brilliant!

Yea I made that comment, was wondering if anything like that has been done before (on slings near flippers anyway).

#9640 4 years ago

Sensory overload. As it should be.

#9655 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

What’s the point of a mechanical pencil?

about .005"

#9675 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

SDTM just dropped a video of STH LE unboxing but he did it blindfolded...
I think either he was afraid to see it or was hoping it magically turned into a RM pin when he removed his blind fold!

Cheesiest SDTM video yet...

When people do things like that, you're really just watching to see if something horrible happens.

#9691 4 years ago

Is that end game music the same people who did the music for The Binding of Isaac?

EDIT: n/m I forgot that was from an episode, and I still have the same question.

#9693 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

It’s the Evil Morty Song.
BTW, the score for this show is amazing.

I understand what it is, but that doesn't answer the question. It sounds exactly like something from whoever did the music for the video game The Binding of Isaac.

#9698 4 years ago

Okay they are different creators apparently, but this is what I was referring to. Probably just the similar synth patch. There's a small snippet somewhere that sounds alot like whats in Rick and Morty. (but I couldn't find it).

#9721 4 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

I was asking if anyone else is buying for location that has ZERO interest in the theme, seeing how nuts some of the people in this thread are going for the title.
Now as to the my business model and such, there is nothing wrong with my business model, I sell over 300 games a year, so I know a little bit about what im doing. I just enjoy getting games out in the public, and I think that me putting my HEP Krull on freeplay at Pinball Expo shows that

Theme alone is going to draw as it is actually a popular IP, and since it looks pretty fun on top of that I think it will do pretty well on route. Hard to say what the prices will be given the numbers, but I think many of us realize in most cases prices will drop after time.

#9776 4 years ago

I agree, there should only be 1 club. There is no reason to have separate clubs for the 3 people who wanted to make them clean the paint sprayers just to be a pain.

I jest...but yes, I do think it should just be 1 club since it's all cosmetics.

#9777 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Boy....somebody (me) feels REALLY stupid for not pulling the trigger on sale day. Joined FANG before the R&M info came out, then thought "I can get one later, if I like it."
Whoops, what an idiot....
Feels real bad, man....

I still think that won't be an issue. It's a long wait, and many of these people seem to have little patience or short attention spans. No offense to anyone, life happens.

#9781 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Depends. A tough shot like the hole in one on NGG never gets old and is satisfying to make where as this dribbled back down and just made it look clunky. An inner orbit should be smooth and Scott said it was getting rejected by the spinner so there was something wrong in that video. I don't think anyone made the garage shot from the upper flipper and that is the shot I expected to be challenging in this game.

Well they did say the spinner was misaligned which was causing issues with that shot. I also noticed no one made the garage from the left orbit, but just looking at it, it looks like there is no direct line to it except from the upper flipper so timing will be key, and it looks to be pretty tight off that left ramp.

rm-pf (resized).PNGrm-pf (resized).PNG
#9791 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

No. Your options are: Post pass to the left, or shoot the left ramp, which feeds the upper right.

Am I seeing this wrong? The left orbit doesn't go to the garage? It's fed from the left ramp?

#9793 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You can't shoot into the far left garage shot from the LOWER right flipper, only the upper right flipper. So if you're on the lower right, you have to get to the upper, and the option for that is the left ramp.

Okay, misunderstood what you said in the other post.

#9810 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Well, there are only 4 distributors to talk to, per an email to Spooky, and I'm coming up empty. So if there are R&Ms out there, they are being hidden very well.

Just wait. Some will pop up eventually. It's a long wait.

#9823 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Deposit down day one, and everything yesterday looked fantastic!
I do hope the GUI advances a bit over time. The panels and overlays appeared a bit flat, from what I could see anyway, and didn't seem to animate much. Text often didn't have drop shadows, strokes, or any animation either. I hope things spice up a bit in those regards, to match the excellent use of clips and sound design.

Yea, I'm hoping they replace it all with live action and holographic 3D projected lettering. Sam Jackson as MFKN Rick Sanchez. "I'm tired of all these MFKN future snakes in my MFKN time!" and Winona Ryder as his trusty side kick Morty.

#9828 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

*shrugs*
Comic dismissiveness doesn't necessarily help give direction for design/code.
Watching the clip from yesterday for the third time, and things just feel flat, graphic wise, and somewhat lifeless, lacking energy, and dynamic flow. At it's current state obviously. Text doesn't transition from image to image, and graphic elements just kinda sit there on the screen sans any kind of animation.
Feels a bit the opposite of Wonka, so far, loaded with clips, but somewhat sterile on the backglass, aside from the clips.
ACNC turned out amazing, so I hope this does as well! This was the only element that felt a bit early, or not quite fully developed. Code, sound design, light show, everything looked pitch perfect!
Looking forward to seeing more on the full stream tonight!

Well...I was only partly kidding. I'm pretty anti LCD screen on pinball as most of it is underwhelming. I was pretty impressed with what I saw here...it meshed well and didn't feel out of place. There was some static stuff, but as most will say you are mostly looking at the playfield rather than the screen.

#9845 4 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Thanks Yancy, appreciate the comments, Ill be up your way Monday or Tuesday doing pickups and deliveries. I never thought I would get so much flak for not liking animated shows, lol. Especially when I still bought some of them to route

The internet doesn't like people harshing their buzz. You either agree with status quo or you're Satan's buttplug.

#9934 4 years ago

epthegeek - wishlist: jukebox with lightshow (not necessarily attract mode, but like what AC/DC has)

in other news. I missed the stream, but sounds like I didn't miss much.

#9945 4 years ago

I love Adult Swim but some of it is too ADD and wtf out there even for me.

#9961 4 years ago

Are there more multiball modes than the one we've seen?

#10021 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I guess every scenario is different. I was certainly only thinking about his already recorded show lines, not new stuff. I remember TSPP only had Dan, Nancy and Hank stuff, but stuff like BM66 has stuff from almost all actors, but not every single one, of course. Hmmm. I'm certain Pickle Rick mode is awesome without Danny's lines. Only really mentioned it since the Spooky guys did on their video.

Yea, they have lots of guest stars that hit 1 episode, probably a lot of hassle and money to get them to use their stuff on the game. Who knows though, we might get a surprise.

Curious who the announcer voice is during the mode in that new stream (I forget what it was, but lots of talking as you progress). It didn't sound like Justin's normal voice.

#10070 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

You are to some degree right. The playfield and mechs are nothing you gasp about. It´s not woz or jjp potc.
However it comes with the best light and sound guy, assets, assets, assets. Great theme for pinball. Funny, witty, etc.
I think it will be awesome.

Yea I was very realistic upon the initial reveal because no, the playfield didn't blow me away. Once I saw the gameplay, lighting, and integration of the theme (which yes IS the selling point here), I knew they had a winner.

#10072 4 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

Exactly. I know a big part of the hobby is fixing stuff but it would be great if I didn’t have to. I’m starting to gravitate towards the “less is more” camp and am loving an uncluttered playfield, almost to the point of an EM design. I was happy to hear Charlie say that the game was also easy to maintain (two screws to take of a ramp or something like that).

The big part of the hobby was fixing OLD played machines because there was no one to do it. Redesigning brand new machines should not be a thing or accepted. People have this 'omg if we complain we won't have pinball anymore' fear for some weird reason.

#10104 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That's crazy talk!!
If pinside has taught me anything, all it takes is a 2 minute cellphone video to completely assess how fun/makeable shots are, regardless of the skill of the person on the video playing.
What kind of world are you proposing where people actually play the game and decide for themselves how the shots feel? Are you mad??

No offense man, but that is how the world is now. Do you not watch movie trailers? Do you watch videogame trailers? Do you watch commercials? Do you know that E-Sports is now almost as big if not bigger in some ways than physical sports? Are you aware that more kids WATCH people play games on youtube than actually play themselves? I'm not saying I disagree with you, but ultimately, unless you live in a major metropolis, getting a chance to actually play some of these games isn't a given, and it is indeed a ton of money to put down on an unknown. If you can't make it look fun on video, chances are people these days are going to pass. (ala Stranger Things as the game preview of that game made it look like a snoozefest). People have a right to be critical. Not everyone is a millionaire and there are TONS of options for entertainment these days, at quite a bit cheaper prices for the return.

#10107 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Sounds like the perfect person to implement Jerry's Game video mode. Hit the button, get points.

I like this idea. Rick making fun of Jerry is such a big part of the show, I feel there needs to be a Jerry mode of some sort...

#10136 4 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

I've never seen this SMB show before, but I will say they actually made a fun and more informative segment out of this than I was expecting. The host actually asked relevant questions and seemed to be genuinely enthused about the game and pinball in general, instead of making the tired same old pinball wizard jokes that morning news segments make anytime there is anything pinball related on them and actually let them talk about the game for more than 30 seconds before moving on to some other bs.
They just could have setup the camera shots better to capture what is actually going on.

There was one question that stood out to me. The "how do the lights know the ball is going over them" and he kept saying "switches and optos" and I was sitting there going, come on, she doesn't know what an opto is. She thinks the lights know the ball is touching them. It was interesting to see the perspective of someone who knows nothing about pinball be introduced and ask questions. There's things people with knowledge on certain subjects take for granted thinking everyone knows them.

#10137 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I think this is a great idea, although it may be too late.

Sounds like a mod opportunity. I thought that would be a good sticker replacement on the portal gun plunger.

#10209 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

In the stream I didn’t see the ball exiting the left scoop at all. Is that not coded in yet?
And I didn’t notice the top scoop timer doing anything.
Another thing I liked is that the left sling being a pop seemed to open up the ball feed to the left flipper, compared to a normal sling. It seemed balls that would normally hit the lower half of the sling didn’t with this layout.
Is the middle right orbit shot another horseshoe that feeds back to the upper right flipper?

Bowen did, and so did the girl at least once.

#10211 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ok, need to watch again.

You can't really 'see' it because of the camera angle, but you see the reactions and the commentary regarding it.

#10261 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

You Meeseeks rules sound great, any possibility on a Meeseeks Multiball frenzy epthegeek?

I kind of assumed this would be a given.

#10270 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Off topic somewhat but I played Stranger Things and it shoots ok but the code is horrendous with practically no callouts, I mean was a few like "here's your ball back" when the ball saver is on but otherwise was bare.

STH has it's own thread to complain about how bad it is.

#10301 4 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

Ok, does anyone know what affects the diverter in the right orbit? Charlie shot it going for the garage and if I remember the first shot came back on the spinner lane/orbit. But the second one went to the garage.

I believe it is that bar in the middle of the playfield that shows the portal gun charged. Once charged the shot goes to the garage. (guessing here)

#10305 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Also once charged, the interactive topper lights and spins. You shouldn’t have any confusion when the portal is ready.

But what if not everyone has a topper?? oh...wait just a second here...

#10310 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I KIND OF wish they would have stuck the moving portal in the backbox ala blackhole with an infinity mirror.

Oh man..yea, this is a cool idea.

#10320 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Why had I not considered a Ball Fondlers mode!?[quoted image]

LOL...another assumption I had that...yea that should be there. Why wouldn't it be. It pretty much writes itself.

#10322 4 years ago

So the Ball Fondlers thing brings up a question that I had during the SMB stream. I thought I caught someone say something about this on there, but not sure. With the adult/pg settings....is it also mode related? Are there modes you can only get if adult mode is on?

#10324 4 years ago

I swear someone made the comment during the stream that pickle rick mode was only available in adult mode -- but maybe the callouts are just different for it depending on that setting.

#10336 4 years ago

I can hear them cussing under their breath 'wtf did I get myself into'. lol.

#10362 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I wondered if the spinner was misaligned... So I went and rewatched the video and I think this may not be the case, it might be something else: I'm sharing the below in hopes that it may be some help:
There appeared to be:
-12 legitimate shots to the upper inner loop
-2 were slightly not accurate and actually hit a rubber killing the shot
-2 were too weak and wouldn't have made it
There were 8 clean shots:
-0 hit the spinner and lost momentum from doing so
-3 shots were successful
-And here's the interesting one... 5 shots hit the wall at it's vertical portion, absorbing the momentum before it could be transferred to vertical trajectory, making the orbit shot fail.
What does this mean? Around 40% of clean shots to the orbit made it around successfully (limited sample obviously). It looks like when the shot goes higher in the entrance it hits the wall and is unsuccessful, when it goes lower, momentum is retained, transferred upwards and the shot is successful. I don't know, maybe adding more curve to the top portion of the wall could help?
You can see what I'm talking about here:
I'm in on one of these and am want this to be a huge success, sharing in the spirit of hoping this info may be of use.

I'm just going off what they said in the thread when people asked about it. In the SMB stream it didn't seem like anyone had issues with it.

#10395 4 years ago

It's going to be a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong wait.

#10449 4 years ago

Did I win it yet?

#10454 4 years ago

Whoever had 2 n their cart and deleted one is kicking themselves in the butt right now...

lol..I had 3 at one point...

#10462 4 years ago

Hey guys. It sold for $3550 in case you missed it.

#10534 4 years ago

Neither fit the color scheme of the pin. Also, unless there is some reference to it in the game, it really doesn't need to be there.

Change my mind.

#10598 4 years ago

I think we all accept that there will be outliers. The truth is in how those are handled when presented. I think where most people are increasingly frustrated (not at Spooky but more in general) is that it is becoming more the norm than the exception in some arenas.

EDIT: this is a general industry comment, not directed at spooky.

#10642 4 years ago

I will be disappointed if my machine doesn't yell "Welcome to your nightmare bitch!" at me when I start the game

#10645 4 years ago

LMAO ^^

I would prefer a hidden dimensional portal gun, but I doubt I could afford it.

#10663 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yea I’m thinking of selling my STHLE. Just annoyed at the whole thing. But I need to sleep on it. Quick emotional decisions are not a good thing.

If I owned an LE, I'd be annoyed, but I don't know that I'd sell it. What it does do is further the number of people who won't buy a NiB Stern. Image is everything, and this is a bad image. It's not about the little extra money, it's about perception and intent.

#10756 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

And to go off-topic, the next Spooky machine has been leaked...[quoted image]

That's way too many flipper buttons to keep track of.

#10758 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

proof of concept only, I'm not putting 30 minutes into a photoshop for this joke...[quoted image]

That balls going to leave a hell of a dimple.

#10776 4 years ago

I'm sitting here going, should I watch the stream or not watch the stream...but who am I kidding, I'll watch it!

#10780 4 years ago

Wow...the 2 x 5k pre-order spots here are sale pending....

#10836 4 years ago

What’s with all the negativity on this thread? Wait am I on the Stranger Things thread???

The negative emotions that Stern is causing is spilling into the ether.

#10869 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Thank you, cant un-imagine that now.

So unappropriate here, but...I think I just invented Pickle Rick flavored condoms!

#10911 4 years ago

What is the link to the stream?

#10922 4 years ago

You know what would be hilarious...if the actual tilt bob end was shaped like a plumbus. That would be a hilarious easter egg. Someone figure out that mod.

#10929 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddict78:

Spooky releasing a incomplete game with only one multi ball. Say it ain’t so. Stucky balls all day.

I completely get what you are saying, however, they aren't shipping en mass and it still appears more complete than how STH was shipped. By the time many of us actually get a game in hand the code will be much further along. Stern has a reputation for a reason, people don't harp on them just because. Crossing fingers that both games exceed expections in the long run.

#10931 4 years ago

You must be watching a different game than me. Here goes the glass again. You stern crappers need to take a look at what you are touting as the best 8,500 spent on a pinball in history. Put a different name to this game and you would not have any interest.

And put a different name on 90% of sterns and I still wouldn't have any interest either. Very few of their games make me want to spend money on them. You are correct, theme is selling this game, but it is exceeding expectations. You don't like it? So be it. Doesn't hurt my feelings. I'm not being unfair, as I love Stranger Things as a theme, but don't like the execution.

#10936 4 years ago

You guys have been pissing for weeks. Just because you bought this game does not make it the cheapest and best game of all time. Alice Cooper has so many issues the only one I played on location was pulled in a month because they were tired of pulling the glass of from stuckys.

Cheapest? What are you drinking? Best? Well we don't know yet do we. Buggy? Yep agreed, but that's why I prefer to be further back in the line

#10942 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Can I just say Scott is KILLING IT with this music. They just said that all of the modes are music he wrote. It goes so well with the theme and games.

The entire theme integration is top notch...just a complete package overall.

#10953 4 years ago

Those posts by the scoop? Would those benefit from being rubber? They look like they take a beating.

#10970 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I enjoyed see the sling pop bumper in lots of game action. Pretty cool how it could, and did often, slings balls up and around the horseshoe. That's actually a great "toy" on it's own.

Agree, I wasn't sure what to think of it at first, but watching it in action, it actually looks like it adds a lot to the game play.

#10998 4 years ago

My first question is wth were they doing in Omaha?

#11024 4 years ago

Actually, I thought it was funny.

#11025 4 years ago

Not sure how closely they watch the other thread so...WISHLIST TIME!

Keep Summer Safe mode (is it possible with the ship voice asset?)
Snake Jazz background music!
'ssssss' mode where every target is 'ssssss' (like willhelm)
Meseeks multiball
SlutDragon mode

#11050 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Why would this get shut down? Constructive criticism was never allowed in this thread and god knows it's not allowed in the club thread. The StTh hype thread didn't get closed when the club thread started so neither should this unless Spooky is treated differently then other manufacturers.

I agree, I didn't understand why they thought this would get closed.

#11053 4 years ago

Who cares what someone does. It's their money. You're not badgering the person buying it...

#11057 4 years ago

The pinky toe thing is indeed funny.

#11149 4 years ago
Quoted from Alwaysbrokenpins:

This release started out bad and is getting worse. If you don’t understand supply and demand you don’t need to be involved in manufacturing license as big as Ricky & Morty. Pissing off more people than you service is sort of a bad marketing plan. I am not really blaming Spooky at this point if the licensors had any understanding about Pinball production they would’ve laughed at the concept of 750 machines.

Who did they piss off? Seems to me the people who got one are happy. I can tell you right now if it had been Stern I wouldn't have ordered one until I'd played it.

Could this have sold more than 750? Most likely yes (no matter who made it). Would most people order and want to wait 5 years to get theirs? Probably not. Additionally, I really doubt Stern would have even made this as it's not in their 50 or older wheelhouse...I'm not sure that this would have sold 12000. And if you want to talk about crap boutique that Stern made, just look no further than the Primus machines.... so basically. I think Adult Swim did just fine giving this to Spooky.

#11157 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Ok, we can change "procastinated" to missed out. There were some that procrastinated and some that were late to the party. The refresh problems were more about being unable to get lower numbers. I don't think there are a whole lot that had the refresh issues and actually completely missed out on a game as there were still some games (with distribitors) available the next day.
I was one of the folks that actually did not check my email the night before and missed the announcement of the sale time, was busy getting wrecked (as Rick would say) and slept in the next morning only to find out I missed the madness. I was still able to get in the next day at #544.
Point being that the sour grapes now seem to be coming from those that missed the boat all together.

Let's be honest here. The whole 'sold out in 4 hours' was a bunch of typical pinball business hype BS. There were a bunch of games available for the next week or so. I mean yea, it was cool they sold so many so fast, but the reality is, they only had half of them on the website, and the rest were alotted to distros, and in typical fashion there was a bunch of misdirection regarding how many were still up for grabs in addition to people changing their minds on buying and/or bought too many by accident. The whole 'secretive' pinball distro system is archaic and needs to go away.

As has been already discussed, Spooky had some takeaways regarding how the sale went, and I'm sure the next one will go smoother. Yes, there are going to be people who didn't even know it was coming out that might be mad they missed out. If I hadn't been on this website, reading the right thread at the right time, I probably would have missed out too.

Now, where the people who missed out can take comfort is in being patient. It is still hard to say if after the hype and FOMO die down if people will be paying a premium for used ones, or ones still waiting another year to receive theirs.

#11169 4 years ago

There was nothing secretive about the process. Spooky announced ahead of time their distributors had an allotment. They announced ahead of time they were doing the fang club since they had more previous customer then games to go around. They even announced the date sales would open ahead of time. The only thing the went a little wonky was the website, which was out of their hands given the number of people that tried to buy direct vs. go through a distributor. You have to remember, distributors commit to buying x number of games, which is guaranteed money for spooky. Without that, every game would be a gamble to keep the doors open. It’s why stern and JJP use distributors as well. It’s money you can count on vs being stuck with inventory.

I'm not referring to what Spooky did, I'm referring to how distros handle their stock. While yes, the distros ordering them takes them off Spooky's hands it in no way means they are 'sold out' as everyone always states. It's false hype that gets repeated on almost every machine.

#11212 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don’t think Archer is as popular as Archer fans think it is. That being said, it would probably work as a pinball machine...I don’t think it would be an R&M level sellout.

People said the same thing about R&M. I certainly like Archer more than I like Spongebob (which I don't). If you aren't trying to make/sell 50k of them in 4 months, it might not be so bad.

#11216 4 years ago

Really surprises me that no one ever made a Harry Potter themed pin.

#11223 4 years ago
Quoted from Alwaysbrokenpins:

Who the hell release the product week before Christmas when one’s paying attention? There was no party to be late to. It was a 24 hour party before they were all sold out. 24 hours is hardly a party.

Apparently Spooky, and it worked out well for them.

#11248 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

I got one and I wish Stern had gotten the licence so I could have it already on location making money instead of giving someone a free $1500 loan for a year

I have to admit, that kinda sucks. I thought all the routes got preference?

#11253 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol Odiner. I ain’t liking that Brick!
Bricks and Dorky is a thing brother
But I love my Spooky boys.
It’s some of the dickhead buyers that crack me up
With their stupid BS

Dickhead is as dickhead does.

#11286 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I see... I didn't catch the context of your post. There's just been SO MUCH negative trolling towards people that bought STH (as an example) that I assumed this was just more of it. Notice then that somebody gleefully piled on right after you.
It's just after playing R&M with some people that were (gasp!) nice reasonable guys coming back here to see all the trolling and backbiting is... kinda depressing. So different from the way people are IRL. I know... "no sh*t sherlock"

So, I was a very early user of forums and what I've learned over the years is that people who are dicks to everyone online are also dicks in real life, you may just not be around them enough to see it come out (because most people are at least cordial in real life). This is why I have no patience with people on forums who are dicks to others constantly. They are definitely that way in real life. It's just a matter of time. The alternative is that they see you are bigger than them so tone their attitude down while in front of you.

#11308 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

dunno, maybe locations that previously had spooky machines? I hope I can still make money on this machine by the time I get it in ~7 months if not it will definitely by my only spooky machine

because they don't artificially limit them so everyone that wants one can buy one, not this artificial scarcity nonsense... also most of my sterns are definitely not worth half of what I paid for them... some have even gone up in value... ex. Tron... and even if it was I would not care since it's paid for itself several times over
also I love how everyone in this thread that doesn't fawn over spooky and participate in the circle jerk is downvoted to infinity, pinside is getting worse than reddit

So, while I understand your concern, you have a few things wrong here. If they WEREn"T limited, you could be waiting multiple years to get your game, then what? It was already known prior to you ordering that you might have to wait, you may have had to wait much much longer...

#11376 4 years ago

THANK YOU BABY JESUS! BLRRRGGHP!

Fun random fact: Over the years I've been told I look a bit like Will Ferrell. When Talledega Nights came out, I had my hair cut pretty similar to how his was cut. I was traveling the country at the time and many people asked if I was related or a look alike. Many of my friends started calling me Ricky Bobbie...in Vegas I had random strangers yelling Hey Ricky Bobbie! at me out of nowhere. To top it off, my last name is Ferrell. Unfortunately, my father assures me we aren't related to him. For the record, I personally do not think I look like Will Ferrell. I also am not nearly as funny. I also can't drum, so I can't even join the Will/Chad drum offs unfortunately. I'm told I look more like him than Chad. We also had matching hair when Semi Pro came out....strictly coincidence.

#11415 4 years ago

The dead eyes bother me.

#11437 4 years ago

Yep, there's much less Aliens out there and they readily come up for sale if you are willing to pay.

#11445 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

What's with all the hope and dreams people have that more are going to be made? I just don't get it. What don't people understand that 750 and that's it. Spooky said if they made more Rick and Morty pins it would be a totally different machine from top to bottom. So you say never say never. Well Spooky already said Never ever will we make more than 750 ever... ever.... ever...

sooo..you're saying there's a chance....

#11469 4 years ago

Depending on where you bought your previous ones, it is possible the distro told you that, which we know for certain did actually happen at at least one distro.

#11489 4 years ago

I think the next one the player should be Jerry....because at the end of the day, no matter how well you do, once you lose that last ball you're a LOSER.

#11508 4 years ago

So...I'm thinking Scott's next game should be Paradise PD.

#11510 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

#48 is coming home!! Even feeling under-the -weather Charlie helps Bug hulk it into the RAV![quoted image][quoted image]

Oh damn finally one in Iowa?! I still got...until christmasish. I haven't heard if any sites around here are getting it. We may be the only ones in Iowa.

#11512 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Come on up!

Might take you up on that sometime!

#11559 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Game play impressions...
- First, the obvious... the writing done for the game is top notch. The custom callouts and integration of show content is A++. It carries the game no doubt. The video assets are nicely done.
- The UX of the display is not perfect... it can be confusing at times to lookup and understand who is the active player. (I do wish you could pick your favorite morty... kinda like picking your monopoly piece..)
- The music is perfect for the game - it fits so well. Dunno if it pulls you forward or not.. but fits the title so well
- There is no questioning you will be rattling shots a lot on this title. From rattling the scoop... to getting to the top of the left ramp and not getting over the threshold... to missing the two left orbit shots... rattling is par for the course on this title
- The two ramps are decent. The right orbit feels right, and the horse shoe shot just to the left of the right orbit is a fun shot, even if difficult to hit intentional
- The U lock shot is a mixed beast. When its open and looping.. SDTM was common and frustrating. When open and empty... it can be a tough shot to hit (and frequently is needed in modes). Hitting the drop targets was kinda 'empty'.. and besides having a lock.. the whole assembly wasn't that rewarding to play/shoot IMO. I hope future rules will improve upon this to make it more interesting
- The left orbit to garage is a hard shot. I don't want to say its flawed... but I couldn't find a consistent shot at it. Plus, its only available via the upper flipper. Which means often you're using the right orbit instead of shooting this hard shot
- The spinner loop is just... elusive. Interesting enough once hit, it seemed easier to combo it and hit it 2-3 times. But hitting it is hard.. the window is small. I didn't feel robbed as much by rejects or the spinner... just finding the entrance was tough.
- The sling and inlane/outlane design were well received.
My main beef seemed to be that often the game is very 'narrow' in the sense of what there is to do and paths to take. Pretty much you have the locks to multiball, and starting adventures. Charging the portal alone requires the two most difficult shots... and even when achieved, it seemed very quick and not lucrative to what I was doing.
Enabling modes requires hitting both ramps (past the first mode) which isn't always a simple task. I think more casual players will struggle with this.
Given the spinner loop was so difficult... I found most of the time the upper flipper had little to shoot for that was lucrative. I found it better to not flip and focus on control at the bottom most of the time.
The mode variety isn't super in what you are trying to do... but the scripts are very well done and fit the show very well. Some show a lot of creativity in what you are doing... but it didn't really resonate as 'super fun' to me.
Multiball start is almost certain drain fest... but there is plenty of ball save.
Dimensions are there, but unless you have the time to read the screen they were pretty indifferent. Alot of the perks I were getting weren't that interesting to me either. Some of that is familiarity with the rules/scoring... but again, the non-serious player is going to miss this element almost entirely.
I think it has potential to be a favorite for some (if not for the a/v media alone) - but as a location game I really fear its going to scare people away. It's just not that satisfying to play IMO. It's frustrating at times, and I feel very much 'on rails' stuck trying to do very specific things instead of having choices. Heaven forbid you get pickle rick as your start adventure... cuz you're stuck trying to get to the portal.
I can't pin down why just yet... but the game didn't have the instant 'must... keep.. playing...' hook for me.
Things I think may hold it back...
- lack of 'flail progress/reward' - needed to keep the casuals playing
- half the shots are super difficult - again, casual player is gonna get frustrated
- location reliability/ease of working on it
I look forward to playing it more... but I don't know if I'd go to play just it.

Note: haven't played it yet, but much of what you mention regarding modes etc ring familiar to how it looked in streams of it as well. I think this is a fair assessment. Especially the part about no flailing and very specific things you must do to proceed possibly scaring casuals. From the streams it was really difficult to tell if you were in a 'dimension' etc. It just didn't translate well. The good news is that more modes are coming, and that the majority of people getting the game are not casuals.

#11601 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Why not give the prior customers who have a preorder spot the lower numbers? Spooky could and should have done more in this regard.

You can always cancel your order.

#11603 4 years ago

I can't even really make out what is happening in that picture. I see the ball is stuck, but without the 3D perspective, I don't see what the cause is or what a potential fix is. Clearly there's something the ball is hanging on. In the grand scheme of things, this looks like a small issue. I've played many games out there where the ball gets stuck somewhere on the apron drain.

#11617 4 years ago

I heard for $279 you can get a new apron that unlocks(or would it be locks in this case) the ball hangup feature.

#11620 4 years ago

No one is dismissing it, it was already a known thing (somewhere in one of these threads) and they were addressing it. I would reach out to them privately regarding how they will handle yours.

#11820 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

*** Not my picture nor comments, posted in the R&M Facebook Group *****
spookycharlie
"Post rubbers very thin and don’t last long at all"[quoted image]

I noticed that from the first photos and stream(?). I even asked a question about it back then because I thought they were just plain plastic standoffs getting beat to hell. Guess we gonna have to stock up on them

#11848 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

[quoted image]

sooo...delays? (aside from the current possibilities)

#11854 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

All this silly shit should be adjusted correctly at the factory as soon as they realize the issue.
None of the games being built now should need their owners making loop adjustments, bending rails, or telling house guests the ball might get stuck on the apron so just shake it loose.

Yea, it's why I don't mind being down the road. Keep the feedback coming. They can't fix what they don't know about.

#11870 4 years ago

I can honestly say I have had to do nothing with my MBrLE since I got it a year ago..until last night, one of the tesla domes popped off and needs some glue.

1 week later
#11886 4 years ago

May 3rd!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

10,000 (OBO)
404 posts in this topic match your search for posts by zablon. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/2?tu=zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.