20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider razorsedge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

303 posts in this topic match your search for posts by razorsedge. You are on page 2 of 2.
#10203 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

...... Look at a game like JP2 Premium. It's one of the best games I and many others have played, but there's a good number of people that decided either it was too hard or they just didn't care for it and moved it along in short time. .....

Or they simply weren't willing to accept the sub standard quality, or had serious concerns.

This assesment fails to take into account the mediocre build quality stern is chucking out there.

It is a real thing, surfacing in quite a few threads;

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-fixesplease-keep-everything-else-in-the-other-thread#post-5425765

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/92#post-5448889

#10207 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just watched the whole of the SMB stream. Really can’t see where the criticism is coming from. Great exposure to a young audience. People saying it looked “awkward” - the whole show is like that. That’s the point. Thought the game stream itself was really good given the format of the show. As players we want a top-down perfect camera setup, but for everyone else the side view gave more a feeling of actually playing the game.
Gameplay itself looked awesome. I understand some of the criticism. But most of the criticism is that it’s not a “traditional” fan layout with 3 pops a bash toy and an Italian bottom. That’s exactly what I love about it. It’s fresh and unique. It’s likely not the greatest layout of all time for most, but it doesn’t need to be, and shouldn’t be. It’s limited to 750 games and It’s a quirky left of center theme that flies in the face of convention. The game should be too.
The lights, sound, animations, callouts etc etc were fantastic. I really can’t wait to play this game.

Couldn't agree more

#10265 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Not a new thing for pinball. One of the snack bar awards in CFTBL is a NEW CAR, but nobody has ever collected it.

Some other TNA "mysteries" include...

Choose Your Score
42 Extra Balls
Lionman!!!

Lol

#10352 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Thanks for the review of the sandwich. Did you have the Fried Chicken pro or the LE ?

Mum said "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

#10366 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I wondered if the spinner was misaligned... So I went and rewatched the video and I think this may not be the case, it might be something else: I'm sharing the below in hopes that it may be some help:
There appeared to be:
-12 legitimate shots to the upper inner loop
-2 were slightly not accurate and actually hit a rubber killing the shot
-2 were too weak and wouldn't have made it
There were 8 clean shots:
-0 hit the spinner and lost momentum from doing so
-3 shots were successful
-And here's the interesting one... 5 shots hit the wall at it's vertical portion, absorbing the momentum before it could be transferred to vertical trajectory, making the orbit shot fail.
What does this mean? Around 40% of clean shots to the orbit made it around successfully (limited sample obviously). It looks like when the shot goes higher in the entrance it hits the wall and is unsuccessful, when it goes lower, momentum is retained, transferred upwards and the shot is successful. I don't know, maybe adding more curve to the top portion of the wall could help?
You can see what I'm talking about here:
I'm in on one of these and am want this to be a huge success, sharing in the spirit of hoping this info may be of use.

Seems no different than alot of games. Getaway is but one example, the upper orbit shot has a "sweet spot" (or window) and if you do not strike within it then the shot is not viable.

#10367 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I'm gonna go with Scott's take on this one.

I agree.

Also, those new spinners when fresh off the press seem a bit "dragy" and tight. My TNA spinner when new did not spin anywhere near as freely as any of my older games. After it had a chance to bed in it was a bit better, then a spot of dry lube on the wire where it spins helped even more. Now it spins quite well.

I think this will be the same, a little fine tuning will help alot.

#10372 4 years ago

I heard a story once, about the arival of a "groundbreaking" hit game in the 80's ... 2 days after siting, an operator had calls for machine malfunction; coins not registering. ... turned out the coin box was so full that coins could not escape the coin mechs... 2 days!

Certainly will be interesting to see how this one goes!

#10389 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Vid’s Comet story as I recall....

It was in Australia... Firepower, I think it was... they came over by the multiple container load.... I was actually thinking of the local story.

I guess this story essentially repeats itself at various places and occasions through history.

Might it be coming again?? ... well, not if the Op is using a card reader!

#10667 4 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I understand that Stranger Things and Rick and Morty are both beloved themes and are coming out at the same time but I don't understand all of the hate for one or the other. Maybe just actually like your hobby? Be happy that we are getting these awesome games and not another generic car themed game! Stern doing rad shit doesn't take away from Spooky. Spooky doing rad stuff doesn't take away from Stern. Rising tides lift all ships! It's not Spooky vs. Stern it's not Stranger Things vs. Rick and Morty. You can like both. You can BUY both.

Yet still the fact remains that they are not both steaming piles. The content and vibe of each thread says it all really.

#10681 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It looks sick !
I've started a thread if anyone is interested .
( apologies for the picture , not sure how to link one thread to another )
[quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-best-rollercoasters-and-theme-parks-

Definitely check out the Whirly Dirly!

#10766 4 years ago

Streaming with the "Spooky Pinball Crew" !

#10871 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So unappropriate here, but...I think I just invented Pickle Rick flavored condoms!

Just the Pickle Rick frangers was enough, then you ad the "Pickle Flavoured" component ...

#10874 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Talk on the Aussie Forums that the stream is cancelled??

I have a hunch it may be something to do with the location being revealed ahead of time, if it is cancelled.

Imagine a couple of thousand RaM and/or pinball fans just showing up ... ?

There will still be a stream at some point, of course.

#11008 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

There's only one with 11,000 + posts .

In under 3 months !?

#11012 4 years ago

Bricks seems to be much more like what is in some peoples heads Lol

#11128 4 years ago
Quoted from c508:

That fits in with the theme of my poll (which no one has actually filled out yet)!
Conjecture: how much over MSRP will Rick & Morty #750 go for (poll)?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/conjecture-how-much-over-msrp-will-rick-amp-morty-750-go-for-poll

#750 has already been auctioned for charity

#11208 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Like I said in another thread, If I slept thru most of the morning when they went on sale and still got a spot, you must have been in a coma if you wanted one and didn't get one.

I bet some of the Jerrys crying recently would be the guys preaching "I'll just get one on the used market later, for new price or less!" ... and now, they're waking up to realise they will likely need to be forking out premium dollars to snag one...

Hilarious! lol

#11236 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

I got one and I wish Stern had gotten the licence so I could have it already on location making money instead of giving someone a free $1500 loan for a year

No way I would have been in on RaM if it was a semi complete half baked turd thrown out there by stern.

Stern making this theme would have ensured you could get a used RaM for half new price a year or two down the track.

Sterns rep for quality work sank long ago.

#11247 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Rumor has it they are already working on the artwork. Stand in voice actors yet to be decided.[quoted image]

I wouldn't be so sure Justin would have been so generous for other makers with those bucketloads of bonus profanity callouts, if it wasn't the friendly crew at spooky the game could have been much much thinner and cut down. As you say, sterd would have opted for some lame voice actor and the game would have sounded like crap. It would have been the biggest let down since DE BTTF backglass.

The only thing that might have been able to save it from massive flop status would have been if it was Elwin rather than another deadshit boring cookie cutter fan.

Sterd are killing it right now!! .... their customer base that is...

#11276 4 years ago

Forgot in the Premium and LE versions a magna save magnet for an additional $249.99!

LE models get the lockdown button for magnasave, while the Premium just uses the right flipper button to activate magnasave...

#Gopremium

#11319 4 years ago

I've tried all three kinds extensively over the past years, compared (rubber, silicone, eurethane).

I now only replace rubber parts on my machines with eurethane. Partly because they last indefinately, but also (to me) they play better as well as being cleaner for the machine.

Rubber is high maintenance with crap residue gunge being spread all through your game. Silicone is weak and prone to wear, tearing, premature failure. They are not durable like eurethane. I don't mind the way rubber or silicone plays, don't see that much difference than eurethane at all really. Eurethane turned ot the best value for money by alot.

A few thousand plays down and my TNA silicone is about done. Shabby, frayed, and distorted. They will soon all be getting replaced with eurethane.

Not a big deal. Just the way things ended up from my trying stuff out, and economics. If I noticed that eurethane played really badly or noticably more difficult, then I wouldn't be using it.

There's nothing worse than tearing a complex game down to the playfield to replace rubbers, then a POS silicone rubber tears/snaps merely months later leaving you to tear the game down again. Silicone by nature is prone to tearing if there is Any defect or nick. Yet I have "defective" eurethane bands (air bubble inside) that are still the same condition as the day I installed them in 2018. Silicone simply puts me at risk of a whole lot more uneccesary work.

I will buy rubber if I must, but will never buy "silicone" for pinball bands again. Imho the material is kind of unsuitable for the purpose. Speaking as a fitter and machinist, and pinball tech.

I am grateful to spooky for putting something Cleaner than rubber on my TNA. A local guy, a mate, got himself a NIB Deadpool LE last year. That mob are so tight; among other shortcomings the thing came fitted with cheap dirty old black rubber. On an LE!? WTF?? .. Cmon Sterd.

#11353 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

But that's 2010. Maybe they've had a 5x population explosion since then

Just in the last few months .... since becoming the home of R&M Pinball!

#11375 4 years ago

Is that quoting sarcasm with a reply of sarcasm?

#11389 4 years ago

Not just any multiball .... 6 ball multiball

#11391 4 years ago

*Or maybe 5 ball multiball ? Lol

#11429 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

There’s nothing wrong with using a small bit of lubricant on manual plungers between the shooter rod and the sleeve.
Completely different concrept than coils and coil sleeves.

Dirty shooter rod! ... spreading Grime and Crap onto Players hands ....

No, lubricant on shooter rod is exactly the same concept as why you don't do it with coils and coil sleeves. Then some.

Rods .... They become gummy and sticky in no time with wet lubricants, coil or no coil.

#11448 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

He said they would never.
I take people for their word.
When people break their word, I tend not to do business with them.
So at this point I believe making more (or going back on his word,) would be bad business

Is he assuming all pinball companies have the questionable principles of Stern ...

#11450 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

And its very likely they may never make anymore.
I don't come to pinside to argue about what the future might be. I stumbled onto Rick and Morty very late to the party.
Its a great show, and looks to be a great pinball machine. I had the money for this pin, but I decided not to even try to get one. Now, I'm a bit upset at that decision of mine.
As the more I think of it the more I'd like to own it. But, it sold out so quickly. I doubt I would have been able to secure a place anyway.
That is what people should be focusing on. and 750... Not the rarest of machines out there. I think this machine should hold its value well for people. No doubt early flippers might make a small profit, or at least break even on taxes and shipping paid.
Lets just agree. That this is a cool pin, and lets also hope a few locations get it, for the ones of us who may never get the chance to own it.

There is no argument. You don't get it. Go back and do some reading of reasons in the thread.

It aint going to happen bro. 100%

1 week later
#11584 4 years ago

It is stretching/bending the metal (and powdercoat) below the slot on the apron, in the pic above ...

The metal apron tab could simply be placed lower, so that the apron doesn't pull down so hard on it. ?

Or the washer between apron and hanger maybe.

#11589 4 years ago

Um, Yes. It is plain as day in the pic there.

415839cdf85b4e39b3280aa6325b06c5134fba22 (resized).jpg415839cdf85b4e39b3280aa6325b06c5134fba22 (resized).jpg

#11628 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Take it from the person actually in front of the game... not the one trying to play photo forensics and never seen the game. no

Open your eyes then

#11629 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

well no one knows about the problem if no one mentions it...

Exactly. Just because someone standing in front of a game doesn't see something the first time. Things stand out captured in photos. Just have to look and recognise. Sometimes twice.

Yes the apron metal is evidently stressed. Unless it is CGI Lol

#11635 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Dude... it's the angle of the photo vs the slanted PF and apron. The apron is sitting just fine and square and not buckled anywhere.

BS. Don't you comprehend parallax? Lol

This guy, science

Think whatever you like buddy

#11639 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I removed and inspected the apron, it isn’t stressed.. .

Not once removed, I guess. I am assuming the slot in the apron is parallel?

The image shows it distorted when screwed in place (unless the slot is actually tapered?).

If the apron slot is tapered or an elipse shape, well that could also explain the clearly visible discrepancy in the hangup image above.

The piece of apron below the slot is not in the same line as the apron metal above. It can spring back when removed of course.

All I was pointing out is that the apron metal below the slot shows to be not in line with the apron metal above the slot in that pic. If it flexes back when apron is removed, great. But powdercoat won't stay intact on severely flexing metal for the long run. Same concern for me as bending shooter ramp wires willy nilly. What will the effect be on powdercoat in the longrun?

Looks like a simple issue to solve anyway. Just mentioned it for the benefit of the game owner. If they don't care that's fine, of course. What the image shows has now been highlighted. Continue

#11641 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Go up and read Lukes response about this issue above before commenting further would be my advice. Right now you’re just droning on about things that don’t make any sense.

I have read every post thoroughly. Nothing is covered about the apron being pulled back hard into the root of the clip.

However, some methods of solving the ball hang up will also correct this other issue. Who knows, maybe spooky intended it to be wedged in there tight to prevent any rattles from the awesome sound system!

#11831 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I bought some of these to try on my JP2. They’re thick.... quite a bit thicker than the stern ‘narrow’ and/or tapered post sleeves.

I think the superband posts are a tad thinner. Same material...

1 month later
#11925 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Absolutely friggin' beautiful work! Love them. Would have liked to do this myself if it was a possibility, but I', already paying 1.40 for every 1.00US for my pin, i'm pretty much priced out of adding anything as it is!

For RaM it seems pointless. From all reports these playfields are already top notch, and the reworking adds no value.

1 week later
#11932 3 years ago

My guess would be licensing stopped that....

3 weeks later
#12072 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Try pulling a Deadflip by hitting the start button to restart your current game without finishing it and you might see it.

Did I read somewhere that the Game Restart callout is <wind whispers>: "Looooseer!" ? Lol

#12078 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Is that from the latest episode?

No we're up to season 4 ....

1 month later
#12096 3 years ago

Does Rick and Morty not have a propper Lockdown Receiver??

#12098 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:They use the same system as Stern with the lockdown hasps. It works well.

I suppose. I can't say I'm not disapointed though.

#12105 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I like the new lockdown bar. At first I didn’t think it would be good but I prefer it to the old ones. It was a bitch getting the old ones adjusted so they would lockdown and not wiggle around.

I get that. As long as it doesn't go the way of my ACDC VE where the screws pulled out of the front of the cab with the tension, and repeated lockbar removal, fixing the various problems. Not as substantial in the stern setting from my experience. Onsite was concerning.

Of course I am aware the stern cabinet was likely much softer wood than Spooky is using for cabinets, so should be no worries!

#12106 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Problem was the right lower flipper would flutter and lose power when hit by a fast moving ball. The way it was set up there was not enough tension on the switch when it closed and no way to really adjust it to get more. Fortunately I was hammered enough to come up with a solution and I had an extra disk in the coin box of my No Fear, the other game that had an interference problem with the flipper switch and the shooter.
It works so good now.

Nothing related to the EOS switch adjustment several pages back? .... maybe as well, if you missed it, was causing dropping flipper syndrome from scoop.

3 weeks later
#12143 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

It is literally a light year away, most likely.

If it was litterally a light year away that would be a Distance of about 9,000,000,000,000 kilometres. (6 trillion miles or so)

That means that IF the courier is travelling at about one billion killometers an hour (roughly the speed of light) it would still take about a year to arrive (from the shipping date).

It's not the DR thread

#12146 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unless you fold space, in which case it's a lot faster.

You are right of course... C-501 Rick and Morty will be arriving from that dimension via portal, to find the rightful place in C-137.

I wonder if Spooky Rick and Morty pinball might make the show in some way.... like more than this

My Rick and Morty are coming from the next dimension back, C-500 .... and on a different timeline.

Can't wait to get Rickety rickity Wrecked!! (for science) lol

Curious, is the new attract mode flipper press from Birdperson "... considered a dick move.". Can't help but wonder. Lol

#12150 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Everything "moves" at the speed of light through spacetime.
We have mass, so it manifests to us as just time, unless we were to somehow accelerate to relativistic speeds. Then our time would actually slow down to compensate.
To a photon, which is massless, a light-year takes no time at all to travel. Trippy stuff!
So how "far away" is a year? Well, just looking at our galaxy's motion relative to the Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation of 1.4 million miles an hour towards the "Great Attractor," which swamps all the other motions going on (and I'm not going to try to add all the vectors anyway), it's 365.25x24x1.4e6=12,272,400,000 miles.
So if your R&M is a year away, you could say it's also about 12 billion miles away!
(Note that even 1.4 million mph is not a relativistic speed; light goes 670.6 million mph!)

Fascinating indeed! ... this is a cool vid, puts the path you travel through time and space over your lifetime into some relative perspective.

"The Great Attractor" comes in around 19:30, right before the finale, your path in life.

"Literally The ride of your life!"

#12151 3 years ago

Rick and Morty C-500 (resized).jpgRick and Morty C-500 (resized).jpg

#12153 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Not to be a buzzkill, but everything moving sorta puts the kiebosh on any "portal gun" or such (i.e. time machines...)[quoted image]

Noooooo, it's all part of the relativity, portal gun algorithms account for it all!. Contrary as well, the constant movement is what makes your portal travel Possible!

Jeez, Ricks portal gun is pretty advanced. Can't be that complicated if some Jerrys managed to account for this movement to land on the moon?

#12160 3 years ago
Quoted from budroosker:

His point was people flipping spots are greedy and that don't bother trying to get in now as it's of no use. Anyone cancelling would be giving away free money.
I am just paraphrasing and not endorsing the statement.

I thought it was an ad and he was trying to flip his game Lol

#12164 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Can you decipher it? I misplaced my decoder ring.

I think it means you have two chances of getting a game from the Spooky wait list, like, none and buckleys (fu@k all).

#12170 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I was fortunate to be able to order a spot in December for a relatively low number.

Me too, straight onto Spooky with the announcement

2 months later
#12223 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

There's a Thread for Covid Karens, guys.
Head on over there if you want to fret.

^^^ yep This!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Trade
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 13,500.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
303 posts in this topic match your search for posts by razorsedge. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider razorsedge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/2?tu=razorsedge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.