20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 246.
#1401 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Spooky pinball gets it.
Best thing they ever did was avoid Ben Heck after AMH and then luck into Scott Danesi.

I prefer Ben being on YouTube. He just had a cool video making an Atari 2600 handheld console. Whatever he builds, it’s obvious that he’s very skilled.

#1402 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I prefer Ben being on YouTube. He just had a cool video making an Atari 2600 handheld console. Whatever he builds, it’s obvious that he’s very skilled.

in case yall have not been paying attention... Ben was on the latest spooky podcast and also part of the group at what appeared to be the final pow-wow for RandM (in social media stuff). Looks like Ben is once again back helping team Spooky? (a great thing in my mind as Ben is extremely creative, smart, and will push the rest of the team in a good way)

#1403 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Show is fantastic
My initial impression were way off. Show is hilarious

It doesn't matter if the pin is good or bad , ( but I think it will be excellent ) it's great to see a whole new group of people discovering Rick and Morty , and seeing what a cool show it is .

#1404 4 years ago

Has there been any word on price?

#1405 4 years ago

Not sure if it’ll be schmeckles, flurbos, brapples, blemfarcks, or smidgens.

#1406 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Has there been any word on price?

Price doesn’t matter. Have you seen the videos about Szechuan sauce! Rich and morty fans are retarded. Spooky would only need to run 1 commercial during 1 episode and these games would sell out.

Think Supreme fans here. More money then brains. Willing to do stupid shit to get the game (like take a loan they can’t afford).

These will sell out, price doesn’t matter if you really want one.

#1407 4 years ago

Price doesn’t matter. Have you seen the videos about Szechuan sauce! Rich and morty fans are retarded. Spooky would only need to run 1 commercial during 1 episode and these games would sell out.
Think Supreme fans here. More money then brains. Willing to do stupid shit to get the game (like take a loan they can’t afford).

To add to this. After the 750 game lotto is done. Expect to see inflated prices hit ebay

#1408 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

in case yall have not been paying attention... Ben was on the latest spooky podcast and also part of the group at what appeared to be the final pow-wow for RandM (in social media stuff). Looks like Ben is once again back helping team Spooky? (a great thing in my mind as Ben is extremely creative, smart, and will push the rest of the team in a good way)

It would be great to see Ben involved in RandM. He is such a smart and creative guy with a ton of ideas, and it would be great to see him involved in pinball again!

The more I think about this game and the team involved the more excited I get! When you look at what Scott D. was able to do on his own on TNA, and now you add a great supporting team from the start I don't think there's a limit of what they can do. I'm excited to see what Eric/Bowen come up with for rules and if Ben is involved at all and lending his ideas that's just icing on the cake.

#1409 4 years ago

Hoping it's a regular sized game, like AC.

Hoping price is same as AC.

Hoping playfield is creative, shoots well with flow.

The rest is already there.

#1410 4 years ago

I'm hoping it's normal Spooky price, I really want the game but I can't justify spending like $8k on one.

#1411 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

What was the price point for AC? (I honestly dont remember)

Also, what was price point w add-ons for AC?

#1412 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I believe it was $6495, but no idea about the add-ons.

#1413 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

$6450 ACNC
Butter $1k
Other BS 400 total-ish

#1414 4 years ago

Hoping it's a regular sized game, like AC.
Hoping playfield is creative, shoots well with flow.
The rest is already there.

-It appears to be the same cabinet design as AC based on the leaked cabinet pic (check out TWIP)
-The playfield layout is creative and flows well based on comments made by people that have played the whitewood and proto games. Knowing the team involved I don't think we'll have to worry about creativity on this game and I'm sure it will be fun and satisfying to shoot.
-I'd expect a modest price increase over AC just knowing that Spooky is making improvements to the PC and lighting and I'm sure licensing costs are likely more than AC. If they did charge the same as AC though ($6450?) I wouldn't complain. My guess would be around $6800 but we'll have to wait and see.

#1415 4 years ago

thanks

my guess is we will see something added to pay for the license?
maybe $500? That would likely cover the art, character use, and most importantly... the full voice work

just a wild ass guess, but I am expecting there will be something additional for r&m

That seems to be what Stern does also for the larger licenses (i.e. running premium only for Beatles/Elvira to offset the license cost)

#1416 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

My guess would be around $6800 but we'll have to wait and see.

we are usually on the same page
I was guessing 7k for normal version
7500 for BS
8500 for BS with butter (is butter going to be an option on this one?)

#1417 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

we are usually on the same page
I was guessing 7k for normal version
7500 for BS
8500 for BS with butter (is butter going to be an option on this one?)

I could see $6950 which would be a $500 increase over AC and would put them right around the Stern Premium price point when you factor in tax/shipping. I think they'll make enough improvements and put enough in the machine to justify the price increase.

#1418 4 years ago

R&M really knocked deeproot to the side. Will Stranger Things do the same thing to R&M?

#1419 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

(is butter going to be an option on this one?)

Didnt Charlie say "wait until you see this game in butter"?

#1420 4 years ago

Two buttons on the Right side of the cabinet.

Will there be a Mr. Meeseeks box on the playfield? ... a target/button maybe?

Given the Launch Button, no plumbus shooter mod, so one of those on the playfield! Lol

#1421 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I could see $6950 which would be a $500 increase over AC and would put them right around the Stern Premium price point when you factor in tax/shipping. I think they'll make enough improvements and put enough in the machine to justify the price increase.

Hopefully they can keep it under 7 grand without any of the extra add-ons like the butter cab. I would like to purchase a new pin sometime in Q1 2020, and right now it's between this and Deadpool, depending on how well this game plays.

#1422 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Hopefully they can keep it under 7 grand without any of the extra add-ons like the butter cab. I would like to purchase a new pin sometime in Q1 2020, and right now it's between this and Deadpool, depending on how well this game plays.

I'm thinking the same thing. Got the DP flyers printed out in my game room now trying to decide.

#1423 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

R&M really knocked deeproot to the side. Will Stranger Things do the same thing to R&M?

I really love Stranger Things as a show but for some reason have little to no desire for a ST pinball machine
I think R&M translates to a much better machine - way better modes and call outs

#1424 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I don’t think Stranger Things is going to affect this too much...The market is worldwide and many of us are not cross-shopping Stern and Spooky anymore.

#1425 4 years ago

ok ..whats the butter option and does anyone have a link to the leaked playfield pic?

#1426 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

the leaked playfield pic

Whaaaa?

#1427 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It appears to be the same cabinet design as AC based on the leaked cabinet pic (check out TWIP)

ref this post...

#1429 4 years ago

More money then brains.

Giggle.

#1430 4 years ago

Pickle Rick mode where you start out as a pickle and have to make shots to make yourself full pickle Rick for pickle Rick multiball.

#1431 4 years ago

Back to speculation on the game.

Is this a spinner near the flippers or maybe outlane?
Spinner (resized).jpgSpinner (resized).jpg

#1432 4 years ago

Actually for me the best decision was getting Bowen on the rules.
I don't have to worry if a game is going to be fun to play as Bowen totally gets what makes an addictive playing experience.

I would put Danesi #1 and Bowen #2 but that is another great addition. Gotta have the whole package and code is crucial.

Theme, theme immersion and code. Spooky is getting it done right. Let's also not forget about David Van Es on the animations. Actually credit should be given to the entire team for continuing to move the ball forward with each release.

My comment about Ben Heck is nothing personal against him, a talented guy, just my opinion on how its turned out and the right fit. Spooky is building a great team.

#1433 4 years ago

Agree.

This is the best team they could possibly have on the best theme they have had.

Fingers crossed for the rest!

#1434 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Stranger Things, kind of old news. It's already run the full mainstream hype cycle. Three of four seasons are complete. The kids are going to be shaving by the time season four airs. I love the show, but it's run its course.

Rick & Morty is just on the cusp of transitioning from cult show to mainstream hit. As evidenced by this thread, a large portion of (non-young) people had literally never heard of it. It already seems huge to those in-the-know, and will only get bigger over the next 70 episodes. Only a third of the total episodes have aired. And there's already ten times as much material as you can cram into one game. Perfect timing by Spooky.

#1435 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

by the time season four airs.

Better remember to tape it on your VCR!

(I believe the correct term for streaming shows, not being broadcast, is "drops.")

#1436 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Stranger Things, kind of old news. It's already run the full mainstream hype cycle. Three of four seasons are complete. The kids are going to be shaving by the time season four airs. I love the show, but it's run its course.
Rick & Morty is just on the cusp of transitioning from cult show to mainstream hit. As evidenced by this thread, a large portion of (non-young) people had literally never heard of it. It already seems huge to those in-the-know, and will only get bigger over the next 70 episodes. Only a third of the total episodes have aired. And there's already ten times as much material as you can cram into one game. Perfect timing by Spooky.

I've never seen an episode of Stranger Things.

I've seen one episode of R+M.

I think TV show themes are by nature fairly limited in appeal, especially these days when we all have about 6 million tv options to enjoy at any given time. it's not like the old days when there were three or four networks and a show like the Simpsons could really dominate pop culture.

A theme like R+M is perfect for a company like Spooky, as it doesn't really matter if it ever becomes a "mainstream hit" (and I really doubt it will). It's not gonna be too tough to find hardcore 750 fans of anything.

#1437 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I learned my lesson with TNA and ACNC.. I’ll wait, there will be some early adopters itching to sell their deposits for numerous reasons so no need for a fire drill to jump in. Too many good titles coming out in 2020 to worry about missing out. I’ll be a buyer, I’m just not going to play the hype game.

I remember this happening with ACNC, but people were paying a premium to jump the line for TNA. Knowing how much time Scott spends perfecting the physics on his games, I expect this to be a great shooting game. I would like to wait, but I'm not going to lie the FOMO is real.

#1438 4 years ago

I highly doubt anyone will be selling their spot at a discount like some of the ACNC’s. I remember someone selling one for $300. That will not happen for this game! Spooky should have a real time sales tally like QVC. It would be interesting to see how fast these fly.

#1439 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Better remember to tape it on your VCR!

(I believe the correct term for streaming shows, not being broadcast, is "drops.")

Wow man, that's next level pedantic. How about this mind-twister: cable shows don't actually air, because they don't come over the air! But if I stream Netflix on my iPad, Stranger Things is airing.

"Who cares," you might say. And you'd be right.

#1440 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I would put Danesi #1 and Bowen #2 but that is another great addition. Gotta have the whole package and code is crucial.
Theme, theme immersion and code. Spooky is getting it done right. Let's also not forget about David Van Es on the animations. Actually credit should be given to the entire team for continuing to move the ball forward with each release.
My comment about Ben Heck is nothing personal against him, a talented guy, just my opinion on how its turned out and the right fit. Spooky is building a great team.

Don’t forget about Eric Priepke.

#1441 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Deeproot knocked Deeproot to the side. Hiring the hobby’s villain, years of baseless bragging & insults, then showing a boring unfinished prototype of a game that’s been in development for 7 years...they only have themselves to blame if no one gives a rat’s F about them.

#1442 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Don’t forget about Eric Priepke.

No, no; DO forget about me. It's fine.

#1443 4 years ago

Show me what you got!

#1444 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

lol

#1445 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Gingers aren't easy to miss.

#1446 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Gingers aren't easy to miss.

tall ones, even more so

#1447 4 years ago

No one mentioned a talking point from Head2Head, that really will have people talking!

Game may not feature an Italian one of these.....

#1448 4 years ago

No one mentioned a talking point from Head2Head, that really will have people talking!
Game may not feature an Italian one of these.....[quoted image]

That is great news!!!

#1449 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Depends what language you read it in. I supose I should have put one "T" in "better"? Lol

Dude, I love the shit you type sometimes.
I read it in French, German, Spanish and Moroccan Arabic.
It wasn't until I read it in Klingon that it got really good.

#1450 4 years ago

Game may not feature an Italian one of these.....[quoted image]

Why are we hiding bikini bottoms tho? Very un-American. Very un-Italian. Very un-human.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods
Interactive
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/29?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.