20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 246.
#1301 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure why people need to join a club and go in blind? You have to pay $100 to join a club, that put's you on a list ahead of non-club members to purchase a game without even seeing game play? What if it is not up to a particular persons standards? Do they get a refund on the club membership? Are there any guarantees? Do you get a T-shirt with colored sleeves? Do you get a sticker? So many questions on this club process?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Try shopping at costco...

#1302 4 years ago

750 is a smart move.

2020 sees an incredible amount of new games coming out.

If Spooky said they were making 1500, we could all wait and then with all these other new games coming out, attention swiftly moves on to the next new shiny.

Way better to get 750 locked in sales.

#1303 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I wonder if I’ll ever see one, let alone get the chance to play it. Doubt I’ll have the chance to own one, unless a bunch make it north of the border.

Guess you'll just have to come play mine!

#1304 4 years ago

Maybe they will have a commercial for the game during the show to tonight!

#1305 4 years ago

I wonder how far along the code is?

#1306 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

become a member (which you should do regardless just to support spooky)

Tell Spooky to sell some stock, and then I will throw money at them just for the sake of financially supporting them. But to pay a fee just because? No. This is not kickstarter.

#1307 4 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I wonder how far along the code is?

I’m really pissed by how long it’s taking for the promised Rick and Mort code update.

Don’t release a game if the code isn’t ready!!

#1308 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

But to pay a fee just because? No. This is not kickstarter.

I just am scratching my head on this one? Ok so now that too many people have bought from Spooky-over 750? Now the old loyalty program goes out the window, and another plan is devised-ie. 'club'. Ok that is cool but what I do not care for is the process with getting in two weeks earlier than a non-club member. Basically forcing would be customers to join a club to get access to pre-sales so they do not have to hopefully wait two years for a game? IMO they should eliminate the loyalty program and just sell on a first come first serve basis, maybe through a third party to try and avoid people feeling left out and a good ol' boy network being established. Enough smoke and mirrors already. No I am not interested in an early adopter rug, no I do not want an early adopter translight, no I do not want some artificial limited plaque, and no I do not want to have to join a club. All I want is to be able to buy a machine without all the fluff. My other gripe is selling direct and through distribution? Why? I feel if a distributor is willing to take the time to answer tech questions, hold people's hands during the transaction, track shipments, cover warranty issues etc. then why should the distributor have to compete with the vendor? It seems that there is enough business for Spooky now to drop the direct business model and support the distributors that support you? Seems like a conflict of interest? I also feel if they drop the direct business model they could put forth more time and effort to build more games in a timely fashion. With all due respect-this is just a thought.

#1309 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Maybe they will have a commercial for the game during the show to tonight!

I was thinking the same thing!

#1310 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I just am scratching my head on this one? Ok so now that too many people have bought from Spooky-over 750? Now the old loyalty program goes out the window, and another plan is devised-ie. 'club'. Ok that is cool but what I do not care for is the process with getting in two weeks earlier than a non-club member. Basically forcing would be customers to join a club to get access to pre-sales so they do not have to hopefully wait two years for a game? IMO they should just sell first come first serve basis, maybe through a third party to try and avoid people feeling left out and a good ol' boy network being established. Enough smoke and mirrors already. No I am not interested in an early adopter rug, no I do not want an early adopter translight, no I do not want some artificial limited plaque, and no I do not want to have to join a club. All I want is to be able to buy a machine without all the fluff. My other gripe is selling direct and through distribution? Why? I feel if a distributor is willing to take the time to answer tech questions, hold people's hands during the transaction, track shipments, cover warranty issues etc. then why should the distributor have to compete with the vendor? It seems that there is enough business for Spooky now to drop the direct business model and support the distributors that support you? Seems like a conflict of interest? I also feel if they drop the direct business model they could put forth more time and effort to build more games in a timely fashion. With all due respect-this is just a thought.

You get swag and "membership" for your money. Getting info and able to order early is a perk of the membership and not the reason to buy a membership. Spooky has said many times that people that support them, they will support. Your missing the big picture, your joining the CLUB...simple....free swag....a perk of seeing stuff early and be able to order early. Simple really. Im sure Spooky can use extra cash to throw themselves a nice Christmas party. These guys/ girls deserve it.

#1311 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Getting info and able to order early is a perk of the membership and not the reason to buy a membership

The way they have it set up is lame, it is making people buy a membership to get a better position in line. Who cares about the swag-to me it is the principle.

#1312 4 years ago

I love all the jibber jabber about paying the fee for the fang club.
Because $45 to join is sooooo much money.
You're literally talking about the price of a pizza and a case of beer.

Seriously, we collect toys that in most cases cost several thousands of dollars.
Some of you make it sound like joining the fang club is a financial burden where you would need to get food stamps or eat ramen for a couple months to get your finances straight.
Anybody bitching about $45 isn't going to buy the pin anyways, so who cares.

#1313 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m really pissed by how long it’s taking for the promised Rick and Mort code update.

I know you're being sarcastic, but I actually 100% agree with this for a home purchase.

#1314 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I just am scratching my head on this one? Ok so now that too many people have bought from Spooky-over 750? Now the old loyalty program goes out the window, and another plan is devised-ie. 'club'. Ok that is cool but what I do not care for is the process with getting in two weeks earlier than a non-club member. Basically forcing would be customers to join a club to get access to pre-sales so they do not have to hopefully wait two years for a game? IMO they should eliminate the loyalty program and just sell on a first come first serve basis, maybe through a third party to try and avoid people feeling left out and a good ol' boy network being established. Enough smoke and mirrors already. No I am not interested in an early adopter rug, no I do not want an early adopter translight, no I do not want some artificial limited plaque, and no I do not want to have to join a club. All I want is to be able to buy a machine without all the fluff. My other gripe is selling direct and through distribution? Why? I feel if a distributor is willing to take the time to answer tech questions, hold people's hands during the transaction, track shipments, cover warranty issues etc. then why should the distributor have to compete with the vendor? It seems that there is enough business for Spooky now to drop the direct business model and support the distributors that support you? Seems like a conflict of interest? I also feel if they drop the direct business model they could put forth more time and effort to build more games in a timely fashion. With all due respect-this is just a thought.

I don't frankly care about any of this. I didn't even read more than about 30% of it. Whether or not you support fan clubs and early access type deals is irrelevant to me. Kingpin was suggesting that people should join their club even if they're not interested to support the company. My point is that I can do more than 50 or 100$ of good without taking it out of my own pocket if I convince ONE PERSON to buy a game.

You want my money...then sell me something, or let me invest. I'm not going to just give it to you for a freakin' overpriced shirt and sticker or whatever the hell it is they throw in. Everyone knows the real point of these things is the preorder privilege.

#1315 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

You get swag and "membership" for your money. Getting info and able to order early is a perk of the membership and not the reason to buy a membership. Spooky has said many times that people that support them, they will support. Your missing the big picture, your joining the CLUB...simple....free swag....a perk of seeing stuff early and be able to order early. Simple really. Im sure Spooky can use extra cash to throw themselves a nice Christmas party. These guys/ girls deserve it.

TNA is so good, I almost feel guilty buying a used one instead of new....so, I’ll consider paying for the Fang Club to be a little “thank you” from me to Spooky.

#1316 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I don't frankly care about any of this. I didn't even read more than about 30% of it. Whether or not you support fan clubs and early access type deals is irrelevant to me. Kingpin was suggesting that people should join their club even if they're not interested to support the company. My point is that I can do more than 50 or 100$ of good without taking it out of my own pocket if I convince ONE PERSON to buy a game.
You want my money...then sell me something, or let me invest. I'm not going to just give it to you for a freakin' overpriced shirt and sticker or whatever the hell it is they throw in. Everyone knows the real point of these things is the preorder privilege.

And like most clubs it’s in No way mandatory to join so why the issue. KingPinGames did not refuse to sell you a game? Nobody is Forced to join the club so to speak in buying an LE or CE or other OEM members only product. They created a platform for those Interested (not necessarily invested) in their company and team. I’ll get a game but I would have joined anyway by my choice.

#1317 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I love all the jibber jabber about paying the fee for the fang club.
Because $45 to join is sooooo much money.
You're literally talking about the price of a pizza and a case of beer.
Seriously, we collect toys that in most cases cost several thousands of dollars.
Some of you make it sound like joining the fang club is a financial burden where you would need to get food stamps or eat ramen for a couple months to get your finances straight.
Anybody bitching about $45 isn't going to buy the pin anyways, so who cares.

Would people in the US still be fine with it, the affordability for a "chance", if it was US$95 ... like it is for us overseas?

The cost should have been averaged for everybody I think. US$60-50 whatever no matter where you are.

Over seas we already pay a financial and time penalty, this seems to kinda give the tyrany of distance a boosting slap in the face.

#1318 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Would people in the US still be fine with it, the affordability for a "chance", if it was US$95 ... like it is for us overseas?

I would. I like Spooky as a company. I was impressed when I saw their location and was given a tour. Have been impressed by the service and openess of all the employees there.

I didn't buy the Fang membership just to get a lead in the next game. (In fact, considering their previous releases, I was expecting it not to be a theme I really liked, so I the 'advance preorder' wasn't even a benefit for me.)

#1319 4 years ago

People will always find something to bitch about...

#1320 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And like most clubs it’s in No way mandatory to join so why the issue. KingPinGames did not refuse to sell you a game? Nobody is Forced to join the club so to speak in buying an LE or CE or other OEM members only product. They created a platform for those Interest (not necessarily invested) in their company and team. I’ll get a game but I would have joined anyway by my choice.

Mandatory to join if you want a game and the incredible happens and this sells out 750 games in 10 days.

This is where it looks like it could potentially get messy, the limited thing. The potential for a run of a very popular and in demand title that is only available to "Club Members" ?

Will these be selling for 20k by the end of 2020? . Who knows.

#1321 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

People will always find something to bitch about...

Lol. After the membership garb that makes the BS LE version about $32 extra. Pretty much the same as the other OEMs charge for the accessorized model. Lol. Still it’s different and that Must be wrong!!

#1322 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I just want to know if there's gonna be a Tiny Rick Mode/

Simple rick mode where all the flippers fire no matter what button you press.

#1323 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I would. I like Spooky as a company. I was impressed when I saw their location and was given a tour. Have been impressed by the service and openess of all the employees there.
I didn't buy the Fang membership just to get a lead in the next game. (In fact, considering their previous releases, I was expecting it not to be a theme I really liked, so I the 'advance preorder' wasn't even a benefit for me.)

So you agree it would be fairer if Everyone, including US, had paid $60 and subsidised Overseas Supporters, so that all got to pay the same priced membership?

That would have at least made the membership pricing a bit fairer I think.

#1324 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And like most clubs it’s in No way mandatory to join so why the issue. KingPinGames did not refuse to sell you a game? Nobody is Forced to join the club so to speak in buying an LE or CE or other OEM members only product. They created a platform for those Interested (not necessarily invested) in their company and team. I’ll get a game but I would have joined anyway by my choice.

My god, you people are so blind sometimes.

Whatever.

Hey, would you like to join the Frax Fan Club? For only 300$, I'll guarantee you a spot on the Voltron Not-Preorder-Not-Even-An-Order list! I'm creating something pinball, throw money at me! Woo!

#1325 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

My god, you people are so blind sometimes.
Whatever.
Hey, would you like to join the Frax Fan Club? For only 300$, I'll guarantee you a spot on the Voltron Not-Preorder-Not-Even-An-Order list! I'm creating something pinball, throw money at me! Woo!

I would have to have interest in you, your company or product. Which I do not...

#1326 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

The cost should have been averaged for everybody I think. US$60 no matter where you are.
Over seas we already pay a financial and time penalty, this seems to kinda give the tyrany of distance a boosting slap in the face.

*tyranny

#1327 4 years ago

Thank You!. I seriously Am one of the few who appreciates a grammar check!

#1328 4 years ago

Joined the Fang Club earlier. Can anyone confirm how this works regarding payment? I see you can purchase a ACNC with a 1K deposit right from the Spooky site. How does it work after that? Full payment upon completion of your game? Regular intervals of 1K or so til paid in full? If the stars align, hopefully this'll be my first Spooky title.

Thanks.

#1329 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Joined the Fang Club earlier. Can anyone confirm how this works regarding payment? I see you can purchase a ACNC with a 1K deposit right from the Spooky site. How does it work after that? Full payment upon completion of your game? Regular intervals of 1K or so til paid in full? If the stars align, hopefully this'll be my first Spooky title.
Thanks.

1K down payment with remainder and shipping costs due when game is complete.. they will also let you break it up and make payments if you want to

#1330 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Thanks.

Pay 1k and the game is Yours and gets built. Not refundable, but if you change your mind you can pass that deposit/order to someone else.

Once Your game is in a box, pay the ballance. Your game is then shipped.

It works.

#1331 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Thank You!. I seriously Am one of the few who appreciates a grammar check!

No problem.
BTW, if people live in a distant land that is ruled by tyranny, they should probably move.

#1332 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Pay 1k and the game is Yours and gets built. Not refundable, but if you change your mind you can pass that deposit/order to someone else.
It works.

*balance

#1333 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I would have to have interest in you, your company or product. Which I do not...

SWISH

That was the sound of it flying over everyone's head again. I'm going to stop clogging up this thread, because it's more effort to try to educate people to be smarter consumers than it's worth. It's okay. Everyone told me I was full of shit about Aliens and JJP's ever increasing prices being the start of ALL prices going up, and I got the last laugh there.

I got no issue with Spooky's model (aside from I wish there was more being built so I could get one later on at a reasonable price!), and this thread isn't the place to continue railing against vendor nepotism, so rest assured I'm done with that. Club away, or not...but don't do it just because some distro wants you to throw money to a company that benefits them.

#1334 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

It works.

Is it easier/just as easy to transfer your game to someone else if you buy from Spooky vs a Distributor?

#1335 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

aside from I wish there was more being built so I could get one later on at a reasonable price

All Soooky games have been available used for a reasonable price. Not sure what your point is.

#1336 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

No problem.
BTW, if people live in a distant land that is ruled by tyranny, they should probably move.

Not ruled by tyrany Lol .... the distance from pinball central is the tyranny.

Would not choose Any Other Place in the world, not even for pinball.

#1337 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Not ruled by tyrany Lol .... the distance from pinball central is the tyranny.

That joke clearly went over your head.

#1338 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

That joke clearly went over your head.

Possibly.... but Pinball tyranny is No Joke!!

... err, I mean Tyranny is no joke!

It's all good mate... some jokes just maybe don't translate, like rooting .... either that or some days I get a bit like an australian sheldon cooper. .... just don't get it ?

#1339 4 years ago

Mr.meeseeks transfer this autograph to all bloodsucker editions!

15758195940602178142827614905322 (resized).jpg15758195940602178142827614905322 (resized).jpg
#1340 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

It works.

Awesome, thanks guys.

#1341 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

All Soooky games have been available used for a reasonable price. Not sure what your point is.

You want to talk market theory, shoot me a PM.

#1342 4 years ago

No, "ballance" is correct english for me (my country) thanks

"balance" is an americanised spelling of english.

Similar with "colour" ... which you guys spell wrong by skipping the "U"

Same with all those words that are meant to have an "s" but you throw a "z" in there instead... like "randomise", correct!

al fyne eneyweigh az long az i kan undastand wert da messige iz!

#1343 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just did bata test on Pickle Rick wizard mode and light show has a ways to go. May be working on it all night. Hang in there.

#1344 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

No, "ballance" is correct english for me thanks
"balance" is an americanised spelling of english.
Similar with "colour" ... which you guys spell wrong by skipping the "U"
Same with all those words that are meant to have an "s" but you throw a "z" in there instead... like "randomise", correct!

What are you talking about? Both Brits and Yanks spell it "balance."

You guys are bad enough with the extra letters everywhere, don't start making up new ones!

#1345 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The way they have it set up is lame, it is making people buy a membership to get a better position in line. Who cares about the swag-to me it is the principle.

Whenever I visit an amusement park I pay for the "fast lane" or whatever it is branded so I can jump the general line que. For example, the wait for Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point was 2 freakin' hours... with fast lane plus I waited less than 15 minutes. I paid extra so that I don't have to wait as long and to get on more rides (the evil eye from the plebs in the general que always makes me laugh).

As for the Fang Club, I paid extra to support a great American company (with the added benefit of having early access to purchase from Spooky). As you point out, it is the principle of the matter... I will always pay extra to get a competitive advantage.

#1346 4 years ago

Got the glow in the dark tee. My R&M geekiness is (almost) complete!

3617D857-6DBE-4AA1-8F76-971C0BD00087 (resized).jpeg3617D857-6DBE-4AA1-8F76-971C0BD00087 (resized).jpeg
#1347 4 years ago

Just joined the Fang Club, GO SPOOKY!

Can't wait for my Rick and Morty!

#1348 4 years ago

Wow,

Just got done playing pinball for a few hours and jumped on here to take a look.
Its like a wine club dude. Want the special wines, be a member. Or buy what is released to the rest of the market when available.

Edited to be nice

#1349 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

What are you talking about? Both Brits and Yanks spell it "balance."
You guys are bad enough with the extra letters everywhere, don't start making up new ones!

That is only because they are being "re-educated" to follow the "correct" spelling. Definately British spelling of ballance has the double.

You're right though, each region has their own quirks, and Aussies are as bad as anywhere!

Try reading South African "english" sometime!

#1350 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Got the glow in the dark tee. My R&M geekiness is (almost) complete![quoted image]

Where did you find that shirt?
I really want it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 20.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 13,500.00
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Trade
$ 300.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/27?hl=bent98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.