20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 246.
#1201 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

FOMO hasn't been this strong since the Aliens video came out a few years ago.

The FOMO will be strong at the WMPC

#1202 4 years ago

What is the point of contacting a distributor if you have the option to buy directly from the manufacturer. Serious question... i joined the fang club do i need a distributor too?

#1203 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

What is the point of contacting a distributor if you have the option to buy directly from the manufacturer. Serious question... i joined the fang club do i need a distributor too?

Yeah, I don't get it either. I bought my TNA directly from Spooky. I joined the Fang Club. Now I guess I need to "get in" with someone.

#1204 4 years ago

Am I the only person who’s never heard of R&M?

#1205 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

i joined the fang club do i need a distributor too?

Quoted from floyd1977:

Now I guess I need to "get in" with someone.

No.

You can order direct with Spooky if you want.

Over to you.

rd

#1206 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Its better than baby Yoda!

#1207 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I have a few spots left, but I would highly suggest people get in with someone REAL soon.

So if you have people on your list that arnt fang club members and a fang club member messages you does that bump a non member off your list?

#1208 4 years ago

No. If I don't have room, then I dont have room.

As for ordering from a distributor

Some take games to shows that spooky doesnt attend
Some offer delivery and installation
Some offer in home tech support
Some accept trade ins on games

If you don't need any or the services above then order direct..I was a spooky customer before being a distributor..

#1209 4 years ago

No. If I don't have room, then I dont have room.
As for ordering from a distributor
Some take games to shows that spooky doesnt attend
Some offer delivery and installation
Some offer in home tech support
Some accept trade ins on games
If you don't need any or the services above then order direct..I was a spooky customer before being a distributor..

This goes against what spooky says. They said fang club memebers get a 2 week preorder. So how could fang club memebers loose a spot to non memeber. Your basically saying the preorder for the fang club means nothing to you.

#1210 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

This goes against what spooky says. They said fang club memebers get a 2 week preorder. So how could fang club memebers loose a spot to non memeber. Your basically saying the preorder for the fang club means nothing to you.

Why don’t you just call the distributor or Spooky and find out?

#1211 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

You didnt mention anything about the 2 week early access. Yes, in the case that we are in the two week early access time and a non fang club member has a spot on my list and a fang club member is asking for it, I would first contact the non member and ask them if they would like to become a member (which I would suggest regardless of a game release). If they decide they don't want to be a member then I would give the spot to the fang club member.

If you are truly worried about this situation then I strongly suggest you become a member (which you should do regardless just to support spooky) and then get you name on the list.

#1212 4 years ago

....and yes, there has been pinball in Rick and Morty. You can see a Mr. Meeseeks helping an alien with his pinball play in this arcade scene:

RandM pinball (resized).jpgRandM pinball (resized).jpg

#1213 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Let me help you...
"It's terrible!... it's great!... art sucks!... best art ever!... code is lame!... rules are amazing!... you're old!... damn kids!... this show is dumb!... this show is brilliant!... if you like this game you are stupid!... if you like whatever game you like you are stupid!... this company sucks!... best company ever!... game is too hard!... game is a challenge!... they nailed it!... terrible integration!... 10k by Christmas!... terrible investment!... LIONMAN!!!"
Did I miss anything?

Charlie, you son of a bitch, I'm in!

Love the theme!!!

#1214 4 years ago

You didnt mention anything about the 2 week early access. Yes, in the case that we are in the two week early access time and a non fang club member has a spot on my list and a fang club member is asking for it, I would first contact the non member and ask them if they would like to become a member (which I would suggest regardless of a game release). If they decide they don't want to be a member then I would give the spot to the fang club member.
If you are truly worried about this situation then I strongly suggest you become a member (which you should do regardless just to support spooky) and then get you name on the list.

Oh I am definitely part of the fang club. Just wondering how it works.

That makes sense and was what I expected.

Just trying to decide if I should go through a distributor or spooky directly

When I bought my rob zombie I bought it directly and drove to Spooky HQ in Benton to pick it up. Was hoping to do that again this time, but I cant lock in with spooky till they make the announcement but I can lock in with a distributor now.

(When I meantioned fang club vs non fang club in the question I was referring to the 2 week early access)

#1215 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Not taking it personal. It’s simple, Maiden is a band (and not my favorite overall but like) that will be remembered when we’re long and gone whether anyone likes them or not, this show will be long forgotten. This cartoon is not in let’s say the top 20 of cartoons, however, Maiden is in the top 20 rock or heavy metal bands. Hard to believe a show that has not been out long enough to be someone’s favorite, nothing beats the old school for just about all things. As others have mentioned appears they used a classic movie and twisted it around into a cartoon game. I hope the game is fun but out of every Spooky Game I have played just missing the classic flow.

Hi can you please give me your Top 20 cartoon list?

#1216 4 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

IMG20180421120059 (resized).jpgIMG20180421120059 (resized).jpg
#1217 4 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

I hope his list starts and ends with....

And then ends with....

snagglepuss-cartoon-warner-bros-flickr-640x480_large (resized).jpgsnagglepuss-cartoon-warner-bros-flickr-640x480_large (resized).jpgRichardSimmonsSept2011 (resized).jpgRichardSimmonsSept2011 (resized).jpg
#1218 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Oh I am definitely part of the fang club. Just wondering how it works.
That makes sense and was what I expected.
Just trying to decide if I should go through a distributor or spooky directly
When I bought my rob zombie I bought it directly and drove to Spooky HQ in Benton to pick it up. Was hoping to do that again this time, but I cant lock in with spooky till they make the announcement but I can lock in with a distributor now.
(When I meantioned fang club vs non fang club in the question I was referring to the 2 week early access)

Its a safe bet to get with Spooky direct when they open orders. Its the distros allocations you are getting in line for...

#1219 4 years ago

I'm a little frustrated with this system. I could see giving previous customers a front seat, but having every potential customer pay to potentially have the option to buy a game they have not even seen feels a little malicious. Cutting out distros for two weeks isn't so great either. Are they not supporters of the company? Didn't they help sell games at shows when sales were slow?

I realize it's a small company etc etc, and I'm happy for spooky, but this just feels like there could have been a better way to sell the games. I can easily afford it, but my gut won't allow me to throw $70cad at the chance a game might be worth buying.

#1220 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I've been a rocker going on 50 years, but I couldn't name one of Iron Maiden's songs. Listening to their most popular songs on Spotify as I type, it all sounds like rehashed Sabbath/Priest to me. I mean, it's not quite unlistenable, but it's nothing special. Tiresome.
More significantly, Rick and Morty was voted the #12 best TV show ever on imdb.com. Not just comedy, not just animated, #12 of all TV shows! No animated series is ranked higher. There goes your "not in the top 20 of cartoons" assertion. It's also the highest ranked comedy show.

Your a fool plain and simple if can’t name one of Maidens songs after 50 years and like a cartoon like this my friend. If you like sabbath and priest but not them oh well guess trendy alternative Dave Matthews for you. Once again shows how you are messed up the world is today to like stupid crap like this, enjoy maggot.

#1221 4 years ago

What's wrong with maggots!?!?!?!

les-feebles-meet-the-feebles-year-1989-new-zealand-animation-director-B7Y2JJ (resized).jpgles-feebles-meet-the-feebles-year-1989-new-zealand-animation-director-B7Y2JJ (resized).jpg
#1222 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm a little frustrated with this system. I could see giving previous customers a front seat, but having every potential customer pay to potentially have the option to buy a game they have not even seen feels a little malicious. Cutting out distros for two weeks isn't so great either. Are they not supporters of the company? Didn't they help sell games at shows when sales were slow?
I realize it's a small company etc etc, and I'm happy for spooky, but this just feels like there could have been a better way to sell the games. I can easily afford it, but my gut won't allow me to throw $70cad at the chance a game might be worth buying.

As we understand it, distros are absolutely not getting cut out. Its across the board. A fang club member gets priority whether its Spooky or a distro. There are more perks to the fang club. Seems like a way for the pinheads to have first shot at it, thats it. If you dont want to order until the stream, do it then. But the Fang Club guys and girls get first shot for the first two weeks of crazy...

#1223 4 years ago

Your a fool plain and simple if can’t name one of Maidens songs after 50 years and like a cartoon like this my friend. If you like sabbath and priest but not them oh well guess trendy alternative Dave Matthews for you.

OMG this is the funniest thing I’ve ever read. “trendy alternative Dave Matthews”...in 2019.

Did you just come out of a coma? My college roommates were all about Dave Matthews in 1996 lol. Never liked Dave Matthews, myself...still couldn’t name a Maiden song tho lol. Can you name a Helloween song? Oh wait, I don’t care.

#1224 4 years ago

Your a fool plain and simple if can’t name one of Maidens songs after 50 years and like a cartoon like this my friend. If you like sabbath and priest but not them oh well guess trendy alternative Dave Matthews for you. Once again shows how you are messed up the world is today to like stupid crap like this, enjoy maggot.

You are a troll. You sound bitter. People are happy and you want to bring them down by making fun of what other people like. Why are you hear? Wait...dont answer that bc nobody cares

#1225 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

OMG this is the funniest thing I’ve ever read. “trendy alternative Dave Matthews”...in 2019.
Did you just come out of a coma? My college roommates were all about Dave Matthews in 1996 lol. Never liked Dave Matthews, myself...still couldn’t name a Maiden song tho lol. Can you name a Helloween song? Oh wait, I don’t care.

Yes I can and seen the band twice.

#1226 4 years ago

Yes I can and seen the band twice.

I love “I want out” ...I made it my baby’s theme song before she was born lol

#1227 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I love “I want out” ...I made it my baby’s theme song before she was born lol

I knew we would get along in the end. But I meant to post this one.

#1228 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Nope, you are certainly not alone brother. I know of the show but I have zero interest in it. It seems to me that outside of the 100 people in this thread excited for this the rest are scratching their heads. The only thing I can think of is Spooky is a fan. None the less, if they sell them then that is great for Spooky, and if there are people out there that are excited to have one then that's all that matters.

#1229 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Nope, you are certainly not alone brother. I know of the show but I have zero interest in it. It seems to me that outside of the 100 people in this thread excited for this the rest are scratching their heads. The only thing I can think of is Spooky is a fan. None the less, if they sell them then that is great for Spooky, and if there are people out there that are excited to have one then that's all that matters.

The Shadow was one of the worst movies I ever seen but I rather love the pinball machine. Not sure I seen Medieval Madness either but that turned out to be fun also. If (and they will) they build a great game the tv show won’t matter in my view. I have however seen several TnA movies and loved them all!

#1230 4 years ago

I knew we would get along in the end. But I meant to post this one.

I was going through old shit & found my Keeper of the 7 Keys Pt 2 tape case...but no tape!

#1231 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The Shadow was one of the worst movies I ever seen but I rather love the pinball machine

The difference is, no one is paying $7k for a Shadow. Most Shadow owners got it for less than $2k cuz no one wanted to pay a lot for a game based on a bad movie.

#1232 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The Shadow was one of the worst movies I ever seen but I rather love the pinball machine. Not sure I seen Medieval Madness either but that turned out to be fun also. If (and they will) they build a great game the tv show won’t matter in my view.

Absolutely, I'd play any machine regardless of theme. Probably not something I'd want to wheel across the threshold of my home though. Though stranger things have happened.

#1233 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Absolutely, I'd play any machine regardless of theme. Probably not something I'd want to wheel across the threshold of my home though. Though stranger things have happened.

HA! I see what you did there!

#1234 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Its a safe bet to get with Spooky direct when they open orders. Its the distros allocations you are getting in line for...

Distros will get their allocation as they always do.

What is left goes to Fang Club.

Then the general public.

It's not the other way round.

That is why it's not a total given that joining the Fang Club gets you a game 100%.

#1235 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

They literally got people to force McDonald's the multi-billion dollar corporation to re-release a discontinued sauce from the 90's and you think this is only about ~100 people in a pinside thread.

#1236 4 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

They literally got people to force McDonald's the multi-billion dollar corporation to re-release a discontinued sauce from the 90's and you think this is only about ~100 people in a pinside thread.

Very influential 100 people.

Who like sauce. Yes.

#1237 4 years ago

I meant to say Maiden sucks!

#1238 4 years ago

I just created an account to comment on how bonkers this thread is. If R&M can cause enough of a disruption between y’all, and if you love pinball, buy one and put one in the busiest fucking pinball place you can find it, It’ll pay for itself. Just drove an hour to play the new Elvira, it was great

#1239 4 years ago

Spooky pinball is a business, that would have to make a profit on every machine sold. Why don't they expand their capacity as Rick and Morty done well could easily sell more than 750 units. World wide into the thousands

This is a license that will appeal to non pin heads.

Spooky will regret this low number in the future.

#1240 4 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Spooky pinball is a business, that would have to make a profit on every machine sold. Why don't they expand their capacity as Rick and Morty done well could easily sell more than 750 units. World wide into the thousands

+1

Was starting to feel like I was the only one seeing this.

#1241 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

+1
Was starting to feel like I was the only one seeing this.

Trying to get big to fast is a quick way to kill your company, it's a big risk. They already said they are upping from 500 to 750 units with this game. Obviously playing it safe, which is a pretty good way to play it in this industry. Hopefully the next game will be 1000 units etc....

Way I see it any way.

#1242 4 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

It’s about sustainability. Not a quick buck.

#1243 4 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

JEEEZ... can we SEE the pin first before we arson Spooky down for not building enough?

I’m kidding of course. You sound like an explosives kind of guy.

#1244 4 years ago

When first images are shown......

Please with excellent resolution

750 units will be gone in 60 seconds, if not spoken for already.

Charlie cracked it at the expense of Godzilla , A perfect slide of hand perhaps ?

So I must ask ,,,, why limit a killer title to 750 ? I do very much appreciate Spooky responses with level headed comments, Thank you Charlie for staying cool.
but hey there could easily be a 2 year run with ramp up on R&M if the execution is what I think it will be. ( KILLER TEAM !!!!! )

Bottom line is...

Hope you can up the ante on numbers deployed if required and continue to keep it real Team Spooky.

Firstly posting while drinking is not always a good thing..

"Charlie cracked it at the expense of Godzilla" I retract this statement , realizing how passionate Charlie is for theme

"why limit a killer title to 750 ?" I retract this one as well, now understanding Spooky remaining steadfast on family value business model and not wanting to expand the business. I absolutely respect and understand this decision. Having owned and directed an expanding electronics business it is easy for things to get out of hand.

Rock on team Spooky and Kill it with R&M
I am super excited for this title

#1245 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Trying to get big to fast is a quick way to kill your company, it's a big risk. They already said they are upping from 500 to 750 units with this game. Obviously playing it safe, which is a pretty good way to play it in this industry. Hopefully the next game will be 1000 units etc....
Way I see it any way.

I agree, really.

Even so, it's just that (given the overwhelming intrest in the theme) it seems like there is prime opportunity to potentially expand with a degree of safety (even just a little more)... however that Option is counted out, to an extent, by making the standard game strictly limited Before any production, or even release (rather than undefined like TNA).

I get that there are benefits to the limit of 750 like the "limited" factor, known capacity to produce, or even licence requirements as has been mentioned. But, there can be risks as well. It's fair that limiting the number is a good idea, for several reasons, but couldn't most of the risks of undefined production numbers still be managed to an extent by ending the run or placing a cap later, at an appropriate time (as with TNA)?.

It could be said that "limiting" options can also be a risk in some ways. The only real benefit appears to be the "limited" draw factor. Isn't RaM providing plenty of "draw"?

Having blurted out all these barely informed thoughts, of course Spooky knows their business best, and I believe there would be good reasons and that they do know what they are doing.

I don't know, just saying I find 750 a bit baffling given the theme and interest. But that is probably understandable, since I have limited information - I don't know. Seems like a few are saying they're Pulling Away from JP2 or E3 and looking toward RaM, though, for example. That is pulling numbers from stern however you slice it. New customers, even.

I'm a pre-existing customer. I love their spirit and vibe. I hope for their continued success in what they want to do. I'm a supporter and I have joined the Fang Club!

Anyway, 750 Rick and Morty pinballs it is!

Thank you Spooky!

#1246 4 years ago

Fang Club member (international too), so it was the best USD$95 spent.

Got my name down with everyone under the sun to make sure I don’t miss out. Wish it was simpler, but the thrill of the chase is just so exhilarating.

So working backwards on the Christmas 2019 release, this means two weeks beforehand makes it this coming Wednesday (Dec 11) - will Fang Club members get an email to say Yay or Nay for a R&M on that day?

#1247 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Fang Club member (international too), so it was the best USD$95 spent.
Got my name down with everyone under the sun to make sure I don’t miss out. Wish it was simpler, but the thrill of the chase is just so exhilarating.
So working backwards on the Christmas 2019 release, this means two weeks beforehand makes it this coming Wednesday (Dec 11) - will Fang Club members get an email to say Yay or Nay for a R&M on that day?

errr, 2 weeks... starting from the release.

If the release is Christmas the 2 weeks goes til early January. Going Forward!!

#1248 4 years ago

I’d like to join the fang club, but I don’t understand why the international membership is $50 more than the US membership. It definitely doesn’t cost $50 to send a poster and keychain to the UK!

Charlie - would you guys consider selling US memberships at $45 to international buyers who would prefer not to get the poster and keychain for the sake of $50?

#1249 4 years ago

Everyone is going on about how they should staff up and build more games faster.

But what happens when RM is done? Now he has staff he doesn’t want to fire so he’s forced to build that larger number of games going forward, to have the higher overhead, having to maintain that much larger company.

They operate at the scale they’re happy with and feel is sustainable. Despite its current popularity, pinball isn’t a growth industry. Staying small is the smart play - 500 machines a year is a sales target that is sustainable for when the bottom drops out and there’s only demand for boutique games. It’s enough to pay the overhead and hopefully make some profit. Why get greedy?

Think of it like any hobby business that isn’t mainstream anymore. There used to be blacksmiths on every corner, but now horses are a tiny fringe hobby so there’s a small group of low volume blacksmiths. That’s Spooky.

#1250 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

errr, 2 weeks... starting from the release?

Will spots be handed out based on membership number or on response time during the first 2 weeks?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/25?hl=parkshow30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.