20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 246.
#1151 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Maiden is a band (and not my favorite overall but like) that will be remembered when we’re long and gone whether anyone likes them or not, this show will be long forgotten. This cartoon is not in let’s say the top 20 of cartoons, however, Maiden is in the top 20 rock or heavy metal bands

I've been a rocker going on 50 years, but I couldn't name one of Iron Maiden's songs. Listening to their most popular songs on Spotify as I type, it all sounds like rehashed Sabbath/Priest to me. I mean, it's not quite unlistenable, but it's nothing special. Tiresome.

More significantly, Rick and Morty was voted the #12 best TV show ever on imdb.com. Not just comedy, not just animated, #12 of all TV shows! No animated series is ranked higher. There goes your "not in the top 20 of cartoons" assertion. It's also the highest ranked comedy show.

#1152 4 years ago

This game will be fun to play in the arcade. Never seen the show, so no interest on buying this and jumping on the bandwagon.

Glad to see Spooky & Scott doing another pin tho

#1153 4 years ago

#1154 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

What about the leftovers in the "fang club" that could have paid and potentially be left with no game?
No it does not look so simple at all (yes could well get technical, messy and Complex!) now that there are Two Limited Editions and no regular editions, for an obviously hot title.
Makes no sense.

You’re fabricating all these complicated what ifs. Currently we’ve heard there are 200 fang club members. This doesn’t mean all 200 want this game either. Just supporting spooky perhaps or waiting for next games,etc. going hypothetical like you are say another 100 sign up and makes 300 fang members and everyone of them wants rick and morty then they all order one and after the initial two weeks the other 450 go out to general public.

Unless over 750 people sign up for fang club and everyone of Then order rick and morty No one in the club is getting left out in fang club. BS edition has nothing to do with availability or LE status or anything. BS edition is basically just an extra add on package anyone can choose to add if they are in fang club.

Stop freaking out people. Plenty of games to around for everyone.

#1155 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:I don’t think you get it AT ALL.
Spooky is a quirky boutique company with a creepy yet fun and playful horror based persona.
You don’t like the idea of the fang club, great don’t join. Someone else will appreciate that spot.

Well shit. Now I *have* to join.

I was half trolling with that post, just going off how Charlie described the BS edition.

I get it plenty, btw.

#1156 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Spooky Pinball (WI Based)
PinballStar Amusements (PA Based)
KingPin Games (WI Based)
Nitro Amusements (WA Based)
Lock When Lit (MO Based)
I believe that is it for USA distributors.

Nitro Pinball (WA) & Nitro Pinball (Canada). Toll Free 1-855-DO-NITRO or [email protected]

#1157 4 years ago

For those of you who don't listen to our podcast, let's step back and explain some of this like we did on the show a few months ago.

Spooky has the "take care of those who take care of us" attitude and always offered game sales to previous customers first. When TnA took off and with ACNC right behind it being our #1 and #2 best sellers EVER, our customer base went from about 500 to OVER 1,200.

When you can basically make 500 games a year, that becomes a problem. Good problem, but still a problem.

So, we came up with the Fang Club for those who support us to have a way to be more of a part of all this. Help grow our company, get some cool stuff for your $45 including shipping membership, do special events, cool merch, get some great exclusive video content for you, AND HAVE FUN! Bang for the buck... and FUN!!! Good right?

And yes of course, you can add cool upgrades to games... NOT LEs... Not "standard vs pro vs collectors vs ..." ... whatever. We don't want to do that. Every game you get from us will play exactly the same. If you want to jazz it up some cosmetically, GREAT! We appreciate the support and are happy to do that. (Wait until you see this dimension in BUTTER!!!)

The Blood Sucker, or BS edition (funny initials huh?... kinda like TnA! These things might be on purpose.) is simply a cool upgrade package that we feel is going to give one hell of a bang for your buck and look incredible! Can't wait for you all to see it, and I can't say more yet.

So IF we get to 750 Fang Club members and 750 decide to take the BS edition... there will be 750 BS editions. GREAT! 750 happy people! If 100 BS versions exist and 650 are "just" Rick and Morty games... GREAT! You'll love playing that too. Scott Danesi is an awesome designer and you'll all be happy with what we've done here at team Spooky!

So is it possible we sell more Fang Club memberships than we have games? Sure! Hope it happens... come on in and lets see where this little company starting it's 7th year in business goes! We'll all share the ride and use the money to improve quality even more here and HAVE FUN DOING IT.

Reality is you HAVEN'T SEEN THE GAME YET! Many of you will love it... some of you will walk away... AND THAT'S FINE! It happens on every new game. We really hope 750 of you find this exactly what you hoped it would be from a Scott Danesi / Rick and Morty Pinball machine and it exceeds your expectations in every way. We've done our best to make sure it does!

Spooky's business model is 500 games a year... we're committing 18 months to make these 750 games because we feel that's about the limit of buyers patience to wait should this be a sell out. There's some honest reality.

We're happy, we're healthy, we're glad we have a game coming very soon that excites so many people. 750 units is 250 more than we've ever sold of any title. Big jump up, thrilled at the prospect of that happening.

PEACE (among worlds) LOVE AND ALL THINGS PINBALL... Charlie

#1158 4 years ago

Awesome Charlie! Can't wait to see the options. Will this be playable at Texas?

#1159 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Ok - it’s pretty simple.
Spooky are making 750 machines. It’s a number they are comfortable making. They don’t want people waiting 2 years to get their machine.

Well, sorta.

If you want to buy a Spooky & you're #751 then it will be 2 years until you get whatever the next title is.

2 years is 2 years. You're still waiting. For something.

Maybe 750 is because by the time the last R&M is built we will see 6+ cornerstones from Stern plus another 2 contract games & maybe 2 vaults. Then we can FOMO about 10 more games!

Factor in some JJP's, CGC's American Pinball & *maybe* deeproot & things get really interesting.

If JJP limited WOZ production they'd be long gone. Still not sure limiting a big seller is smart. Unless it wont sell without FOMO?

We must figure this out!

#1160 4 years ago
Quoted from Dokkaebi:

Awesome Charlie! Can't wait to see the options. Will this be playable at Texas?

Gonna be in the wild long before Texas unless something goes horribly wrong.

#1161 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Gonna be in the wild long before Texas unless something goes horribly wrong.

Probably not in my neck of the woods lol

#1162 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Well, sorta.
If you want to buy a Spooky & you're #751 then it will be 2 years until you get whatever the next title is.
Maybe 750 is because by the time the last R&M is built we will see 6+ cornerstones from Stern plus another 2 contract games & maybe 2 vaults. Then we can FOMO about 10 more games!
Factor in some JJP's, CGC's American Pinball & *maybe* deeproot & things get really interesting.
If JJP limited WOZ production they'd be long gone. Still not sure limiting a big seller is smart. Unless it wont sell without FOMO?
We must figure this out!

Seriously man. We need to move on from this mess lol. People are so upset at the 750 thing. Excited to see it...im Fang Club btw but not a buyer this time. Life in the way haha

#1163 4 years ago

A couple of questions that haven’t been answered afaik
is there a firm date for the reveal?
Is there a firm date for fang club orders starting?

#1164 4 years ago

Peace among worlds.... and I think people will have no issues buy 750 AND no issues buying more each year if the game is good. There so many more episodes to roll out. So excited to see the game !

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

For those of you who don't listen to our podcast, let's step back and explain some of this like we did on the show a few months ago.
Spooky has the "take care of those who take care of us" attitude and always offered game sales to previous customers first. When TnA took off and with ACNC right behind it being our #1 and #2 best sellers EVER, our customer base went from about 500 to OVER 1,200.
When you can basically make 500 games a year, that becomes a problem. Good problem, but still a problem.
So, we came up with the Fang Club for those who support us to have a way to be more of a part of all this. Help grow our company, get some cool stuff for your $45 including shipping membership, do special events, cool merch, get some great exclusive video content for you, AND HAVE FUN! Bang for the buck... and FUN!!! Good right?
And yes of course, you can add cool upgrades to games... NOT LEs... Not "standard vs pro vs collectors vs ..." ... whatever. We don't want to do that. Every game you get from us will play exactly the same. If you want to jazz it up some cosmetically, GREAT! We appreciate the support and are happy to do that. (Wait until you see this dimension in BUTTER!!!)
The Blood Sucker, or BS edition (funny initials huh?... kinda like TnA! These things might be on purpose.) is simply a cool upgrade package that we feel is going to give one hell of a bang for your buck and look incredible! Can't wait for you all to see it, and I can't say more yet.
So IF we get to 750 Fang Club members and 750 decide to take the BS edition... there will be 750 BS editions. GREAT! 750 happy people! If 100 BS versions exist and 650 are "just" Rick and Morty games... GREAT! You'll love playing that too. Scott Danesi is an awesome designer and you'll all be happy with what we've done here at team Spooky!
So is it possible we sell more Fang Club memberships than we have games? Sure! Hope it happens... come on in and lets see where this little company starting it's 7th year in business goes! We'll all share the ride and use the money to improve quality even more here and HAVE FUN DOING IT.
Reality is you HAVEN'T SEEN THE GAME YET! Many of you will love it... some of you will walk away... AND THAT'S FINE! It happens on every new game. We really hope 750 of you find this exactly what you hoped it would be from a Scott Danesi / Rick and Morty Pinball machine and it exceeds your expectations in every way. We've done our best to make sure it does!
Spooky's business model is 500 games a year... we're committing 18 months to make these 750 games because we feel that's about the limit of buyers patience to wait should this be a sell out. There's some honest reality.
We're happy, we're healthy, we're glad we have a game coming very soon that excites so many people. 750 units is 250 more than we've ever sold of any title. Big jump up, thrilled at the prospect of that happening.

#1165 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

I hate Rick & Morty I think it's pseudo-intellectual nonsense with characters ranging from boring to annoying.

Your run-on sentence tells me you lack the IQ necessary to enjoy the show.

#1166 4 years ago

#1167 4 years ago

Anybody else read that post hearing Mr. PBH tone and voice?

#1168 4 years ago
Quoted from SteveF-Detroit:

Soon... all we can say for now. Working closely with Adult Swim on all of this.

#1169 4 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

All I know is I want to be one of the lucky 750 to get this.
I wanted a Rob Zombie so bad but missed the boat on getting one . It took me a long time to find one local to me for sale and finally found one for trade. I have it in my collection and it is NEVER leaving. I love Spooky

Good news is you got it much cheaper than u wld of buying nib... waiting has many perks in this hobby for sure.

#1171 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

One thing I have learned with Spooky is if you have the patience and can wait for the dust to settle, you can usually end up with a machine at or below retail at a later date. For those who want to own it right away-it turns into a feeding frenzy because of the wait. Watching people wanting TNA so bad they were willing to pay a premium to jump the line-and people were willing to make a premium selling their spot in line. Now that all of them are all made(for now),there are plenty to be had-no more frenzy.

The big difference with TNA was that it had nothing to do with theme. The gameplay and design sold itself. I have no idea what the following for Rick and Morty is or will be, but gameplay and layout will also need to be of importance.

#1172 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

What if I bought a BSE 48 hrs ago?

You couldn’t have as they are not for sale yet. You probably joined the fang club and got on a Distributors wait list. Congrats.

#1173 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

One thing I have learned with Spooky is if you have the patience and can wait for the dust to settle, you can usually end up with a machine at or below retail at a later date. For those who want to own it right away-it turns into a feeding frenzy because of the wait. Watching people wanting TNA so bad they were willing to pay a premium to jump the line-and people were willing to make a premium selling their spot in line. Now that all of them are all made(for now),there are plenty to be had-no more frenzy.
The big difference with TNA was that it had nothing to do with theme. The gameplay and design sold itself. I have no idea what the following for Rick and Morty is or will be, but gameplay and layout will also need to be of importance.

And the speculating begins.

Can we at least wait till the reveal. Lol

#1174 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Don't you have a club to join or something?, you need to get your prime time position and be one of the first.

#1175 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

And the speculating begins.

Let me help you...

"It's terrible!... it's great!... art sucks!... best art ever!... code is lame!... rules are amazing!... you're old!... damn kids!... this show is dumb!... this show is brilliant!... if you like this game you are stupid!... if you like whatever game you like you are stupid!... this company sucks!... best company ever!... game is too hard!... game is a challenge!... they nailed it!... terrible integration!... 10k by Christmas!... terrible investment!... LIONMAN!!!"

Did I miss anything?

#1176 4 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1177 4 years ago

Let me help you...
"It's terrible!... it's great!... art sucks!... best art ever!... code is lame!... rules are amazing!... you're old!... damn kids!... this show is dumb!... this show is brilliant!... if you like this game you are stupid!... if you like whatever game you like you are stupid!... this company sucks!... best company ever!... game is too hard!... game is a challenge!... they nailed it!... terrible integration!... 10k by Christmas!... terrible investment!... LIONMAN!!!"
Did I miss anything?

galaxy under glass
and something about BFK being old...

that should sum it up

#1178 4 years ago

Let me help you...
Did I miss anything?

... earliest BS’s will see the reveal and can order one?

#1179 4 years ago

Let me help you...
Did I miss anything?

No popcorn? I enjoy your posts Spooky.
E11E8E0E-6C82-434D-A05F-700C0EAC1013.gifE11E8E0E-6C82-434D-A05F-700C0EAC1013.gif

#1180 4 years ago

Is it out yet?

#1181 4 years ago

Great philosophy. This is the type of business I'd like to support with my money.

#1182 4 years ago

93 new posts since a few hours ago...JFC....is this a variant of a buncha guys trying to explain math to one guy again?

#1183 4 years ago

Charlie is one of the few pinmakers who doesn’t lurk on Pinside.
6760D011-7E22-4A57-B449-6FFED166FF2F.gif6760D011-7E22-4A57-B449-6FFED166FF2F.gif

He’s active and unperturbed by our flatulent addition.

#1184 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

<\blockquote>

I heard that, asshole!

#1185 4 years ago

I love the entire presentation so far and have not been this excited about a new pinball machine since they would just drop them on location with no internet input. I'm already thinking BS might be in my future.

My only question is will the order in which somebody joined the Fang Club have anything to do with the order in which members are allowed to purchase? I'm one of those guys that can sometimes go a week without checking my e-mails although I'll be checking them more frequent now.

#1186 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:
Quoted from Whysnow:
<\blockquote>
I heard that, asshole!

so old in fact that he doesn't understand how quoting someone works

#1187 4 years ago

I'm going to order 750 of them and put them on ebay for 12,500.00.Anyone have 6,700,000.00 they can invest and we can become partners. :}:}:}

#1188 4 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

I'm going to order 750 of them and put them on ebay for 12,500.00.Anyone have 6,700,000.00 they can invest and we can become partners. :}:}:}

Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 7.50.52 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-07 at 7.50.52 PM (resized).png
#1189 4 years ago
Quoted from SteveF-Detroit:

No on reveal date
Yes on ordering. You can order the day of the reveal. Then the 30 day countdown on the blood sucker edition starts

#1190 4 years ago

You can order the day of the reveal.

Will it be like how the west was won, or will there be some order ?

#1191 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If you are on a list, it should go that way. If not, find a different distributor next time. That's for my company. I cant speak for the ways other do it.

#1192 4 years ago

If you are on a list, it should go that way. If not, find a different distributor next time. That's for my company. I cant speak for the ways other do it.

How long is your list/ do you have likely allocation still that exceeds your current list?

In other words, can someone get on your list now and still secure a game once the fang club orders open?

#1193 4 years ago

I have a few spots left, but I would highly suggest people get in with someone REAL soon.

#1194 4 years ago

Fwiw, if you don’t listen to the spooky pinball podcast you are a poopy head.

#1195 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That is fckn funny as hell!

#1196 4 years ago

Excited for this game!!! Can’t wait to see it!!! Love the customize idea. Thanks for the comments Charlie!! I have to say that Spooky butter games are amazing. My ACNC and TNA are in butter and look great!! Can do without it.

#1197 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Like a Oklahoma land rush. Call me a Sooner

#1198 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Excited for this game!!! Can’t wait to see it!!! Love the customize idea. Thanks for the comments Charlie!! I have to say that Spooky butter games are amazing. My ACNC and TNA are in butter and look great!! Can do without it.

Can't do without it.

#1199 4 years ago

I’m happy to have Kingpin taking care of me on this one. Everybody’s all freaked out about how hard it is going to be to buy a R&M. I told Kingpin I want one, and now I’m going to wait for my BSE to be built. Easy peasy.

I’m still going to refresh this thread hourly to see what the reveal looks like, of course.

#1200 4 years ago

FOMO hasn't been this strong since the Aliens video came out a few years ago.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sleepy Hollow, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/24?hl=gasoline and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.