20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 246.
#12251 3 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

I guess we’ll be waiting a little longer…[quoted image]

393 being re-shipped. Hopefully arrives intact this time. Fingers crossed

#12252 3 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

Thanks for the help, I'll check on this tonight, yet another switch that has to be dealt with on a brand new pinball machine. I've already adjusted every leaf switch in this game to make it playable. Now it appears the optos have to be looked at too.......

All optos are fine, I discovered that the problem was the right drop target switch under the playfield was installed incorrectly. See the picture. The left side is correct, the right side is not. The drop target was not engaging the switch in the down position, therefore the game never knew when the drop target was down.

20210127_200424 (resized).jpg20210127_200424 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#12253 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I thought it was going to be Killer Klowns From Outer Space, that had a chance. This has zero chance. Who the hell are Rick and Morty?

who the hell was hazoff?

#12254 3 years ago

I finally got a chance to play this a few weekends ago, what a fun challenging awesome pin. I would never buy a machine before playing it which in this case really bit me. I will definitely keep my eyes out in the secondary market in the years to come. But with the used prices continuing to go up maybe not. only time will tell.

long story short, love the pin for sure.

#12255 3 years ago

they're trading in the mid $9000s. the build sheet/price ran in the mid $8000s on average. they're not getting those JJP collector prices...which is good.

at least not local to florida.

they need tweaking out of the box, but once done, it's a good game. if you like the series, the pinball is great. theme very well implemented by spooky.

won't sell mine.

1 week later
#12256 3 years ago

Can someone help me find some cool mods for this game and where to go - I see that the Pinball Mod Co. has some good ones -

I am also looking for the plastic color protector set - where can I find that for this game

Any help is appreciated

Thanks again

#12257 3 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Can someone help me find some cool mods for this game and where to go - I see that the Pinball Mod Co. has some good ones -
I am also looking for the plastic color protector set - where can I find that for this game
Any help is appreciated
Thanks again

Pretty sure I offered you a link to our R&M offerings. Glad to see you back at pinball.

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

4 months later
#12258 2 years ago

Hi. The upper right flipper stopped on my game stopped working. I opened it up and noticed that the far left copper leaf is not being engaged with the flipper button fully pressed. Im a noob! Is this the likely cause? If so i wanted to ask best way to ensure engagement. Take a part to more fully bend? Feedback is appreciated!

77336923-F2C2-48A7-BDCF-5FE8588426D0 (resized).jpeg77336923-F2C2-48A7-BDCF-5FE8588426D0 (resized).jpeg

5C42D809-184E-492F-BF62-6BC741759D3A (resized).jpeg5C42D809-184E-492F-BF62-6BC741759D3A (resized).jpeg
#12259 2 years ago

No need to take it apart just bend the far left leaf towards the other leaf so it makes contact when the button is pressed.

#12260 2 years ago

Do yourself a favor and get these 2 tools. The leaf adjuster tool for gapping leaf switches and the contact burnisher for cleaning the points.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#12261 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Do yourself a favor and get these 2 tools. The leaf adjuster tool for gapping leaf switches and the contact burnisher for cleaning the points.
[quoted image]

Thanks - Available at Pinball life/ Marco I assume.

#12263 2 years ago

I do NOT THINK you are supposed to use the burnishing tool on a low-power, low-current switch. Those switches are gold/copper plated, for low current signals. That burnisher is meant for high-voltage, older switches like used in EMs and early Solid State machines.

#12264 2 years ago

The contact burnisher can be used on points that are gold. I believe the switch spooky uses for the flipper buttons is sw-1a-194 (gold plated). I would think the gold plating could be removed if the burnisher is used too aggressively but I have not had an issue using it. Yeah burnisher may not be needed for these switches in this game as they are newer and they could be cleaned without it ( a business card could be used) I still think it is a good tool to have.

#12265 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I do NOT THINK you are supposed to use the burnishing tool on a low-power, low-current switch. Those switches are gold/copper plated, for low current signals. That burnisher is meant for high-voltage, older switches like used in EMs and early Solid State machines.

Quoted from trilogybeer:

The contact burnisher can be used on points that are gold. I believe the switch spooky uses for the flipper buttons is sw-1a-194 (gold plated). I would think the gold plating could be removed if the burnisher is used too aggressively but I have not had an issue using it. Yeah burnisher may not be needed for these switches in this game as they are newer and they could be cleaned without it ( a business card could be used) I still think it is a good tool to have.

The burnisher is an awesome tool!

You can use it exactly one time on gold contacts. Then never again as it just removed half the gold plate.

You can see it all come off on the tool itself.

It eats gold like candy.

Its really for much harder contact material, nickle or tungsten.

Basically use it on the old silver colored contacts.

My advice, dont use on gold at all.

Its not necessary.

Gold doesn't oxidize but does get dirty and covered with waxey black dust.

Instead use a little flitz on a qtip.

Then burnish off dry with a few dry qtips.

Works perfectly and you can clean brass wiper leafs off while you are there.

Works better than paper etc.

Flitz has a corrosion inhibiter to keep them clean for years.

#12266 2 years ago

Thanks pinballinreno - That is what I thought I remembered from decades ago.

#12267 2 years ago

Where is the best place to buy a replacement fan that cuts down on noise compared to stock fan? Thanks !

#12268 2 years ago

PinMonk

#12269 2 years ago
Quoted from Vans:

Where is the best place to buy a replacement fan that cuts down on noise compared to stock fan? Thanks !

If you're at all handy you can just buy the fan and install it yourself for less $.

I used this model, I see they are out of stock at the moment: https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/detail/sunon-fans/HA60251V4-1000U-A99/6198731?s=N4IgTCBcDa4KwE4C0BGA7AgzEgcgERAF0BfIA

Maybe find a similar spec alternative.

I just cut the connector from the orig fan and solder it to the wires on the new fan. You do need to find larger screws for the fan housing, again not a big deal.

But yeah, Pinmonk offers the complete kit.

#12270 2 years ago

Can anyone comment on the flipper cooling kit? Good bad or indifferent?

#12271 2 years ago
Quoted from Vans:

Can anyone comment on the flipper cooling kit? Good bad or indifferent?

I haven't needed the flipper fans and you might want to go to the R&M club thread as this one is about dead.

Replacing the cab fan with the Pinmonk kit is easy... at least once you get the unit out of the cabinet. In my case the minion that installed it cranked down so hard on the connectors that it split one of the U shaped connectors into a "Y" shape... making it damn difficult to disconnect. And having to fight with it bent over into the cab working under the PF is no fun at all. My back didn't appreciate it at all.

Hopefully yours will go smoothly as it is *so worth it*. Shuts down the jet engine currently revving in your home and finally your machine will be almost silent. Thank god as mine at least was loud as hell.

Congrats on the game. It'll frustrate you at first but you'll be a better person in the end (or maybe just a better player). Also in the club thread are the key posts full of tweaks (most you won't hopefully have to do).

#12272 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I haven't needed the flipper fans and you might want to go to the R&M club thread as this one is about dead.
Replacing the cab fan with the Pinmonk kit is easy... at least once you get the unit out of the cabinet. In my case the minion that installed it cranked down so hard on the connectors that it split one of the U shaped connectors into a "Y" shape... making it damn difficult to disconnect. And having to fight with it bent over into the cab working under the PF is no fun at all. My back didn't appreciate it at all.
Hopefully yours will go smoothly as it is *so worth it*. Shuts down the jet engine currently revving in your home and finally your machine will be almost silent. Thank god as mine at least was loud as hell.
Congrats on the game. It'll frustrate you at first but you'll be a better person in the end (or maybe just a better player). Also in the club thread are the key posts full of tweaks (most you won't hopefully have to do).

Yeah, I must have blocked that out but removing and re-installing the power-supply was a major PIA.

#12274 2 years ago

My game may be going on location soon.

Its still in the box.

Is anything on this game stable enough for location play?

Im commited to the $500 of fixes and bulletproofing, just to play it and maybe make it stable.

Just curious if anyone has a stable game on location.

I do see games temporarily on location that get pulled after a short time.

Im wondering if this is normal or not.

I intend to document its life.

#12275 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Its still in the box.
Im commited to the $500 of fixes and bulletproofing, just to play it and maybe make it stable.

WoZ is kind of a fussy game, but I had it on location for years with only minor maintenance here and there once it was dialed in. It can be done. The only thing that would concern me with R&M is ball traps and reboot bugs. But stick a web security camera on the head it and you can monitor it remotely. Worked great when we did it. Best $75 investment ever.

#12276 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

ball traps and reboot bugs.

I can add the extra posts and so forth.

Its the buggy software that worries me.

#12277 2 years ago

I can add the extra posts and so forth.
Its the buggy software that worries me.

This would be something for Spooky to consider adding - a reboot counter in the system settings with date/time. You could monitor this and if it shows the machine rebooted, you could check the cloud security camera to see what was going on. It would immediately let you know if reboots were a problem on location, and might help Spooky crush the bugs in the process.

#12278 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This would be something for Spooky to consider adding - a reboot counter in the system settings with date/time. You could monitor this and if it shows the machine rebooted, you could check the cloud security camera to see what was going on. It would immediately let you know if reboots were a problem on location, and might help Spooky crush the bugs in the process.

I agree.

However i was wondering if anyone has one on location.

And how is it holding up?

Or it it a constant nightmare, down more than up?

#12279 2 years ago

Huh?

What do you need to spend $500 bucks on?

Maybe a $1 post on the side rail in front of the apron, on the off chance a ball goes down there. And install the revised flipper bushings if your games hasn’t got any.

DNO could chime in, he has one on location and would advise on what’s needed.

Whysnow too, but I don’t think he can post here anymore.

rd

#12280 2 years ago

However i was wondering if anyone has one on location.
And how is it holding up?
Or it it a constant nightmare, down more than up?

Probably get more eyeballs in the club thread on this question, and hopefully some answers from people operating it. This thread is kind of dead.

#12281 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Huh?
Maybe a $1 post on the side rail in front of the apron, on the off chance a ball goes up there. And install the revised flipper bushings if your games hasn’t got any.
DNO could chime in, he has one on location and would advise on what’s needed.
Whysnow too, but I don’t think he can post here anymore.
rd

I think im gonna route it and see what happens !

Offers to buy it from me arent that exciting.

I can always restore it down the road.

#12282 2 years ago

I know there have been one at Marvin’s for a long while and it’s working fine,I believe Parker at Michiganpinball.com maintains those games,mabey he could answer you concerns!

#12283 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Bill acceptor with harness (expensive but gotta have it).

Metal ship support, mylars, black titan rubbers, hot glue, improved launch wireform, mini posts, extra balls, wax and supplies, coin box (I ordered it but it wasnt included lol), cliffy's, x spacers, cooling fans etc...

I will set up the game in my shop to make all the recommended adjustments, route harden it, test it thoroughly and then send it out.

#12284 2 years ago

Its still in the box.

Have had one on route for a while now with 4K ish plays been pretty reliable no real ball trap issues
The issues that have come up

#1 lots of loose connectors have a glue gun handy to re apply
#2 broken ship mount seems to be real common got a few extra from PL
#3 broken pop bumper LED Can get extras from PL
#4 recently had the guide rail for the inner loop(spinner) break got replacement from spooky (was able to add a post and rubber to keep it earning til part came in)
#5 STILL can’t figure out the match it is turned on in menu and goes through the match animation but never actually matches and gives out a credit

Overall been pretty reliable and a fantastic earner

#12285 2 years ago
Quoted from Exgametrader:

Have had one on route for a while now with 4K ish plays been pretty reliable no real ball trap issues
The issues that have come up
#1 lots of loose connectors have a glue gun handy to re apply
#2 broken ship mount seems to be real common got a few extra from PL
#3 broken pop bumper LED Can get extras from PL
#4 recently had the guide rail for the inner loop(spinner) break got replacement from spooky (was able to add a post and rubber to keep it earning til part came in)
#5 STILL can’t figure out the match it is turned on in menu and goes through the match animation but never actually matches and gives out a credit
Overall been pretty reliable and a fantastic earner

This is what I want to hear!

Thank you so much.

A new barcade is opening up near me and they have specifically called out to me, to set up my game.

I imagine that it will be a good earner for several years to come.

We will see how it looks at 40,000 plays.

#12286 2 years ago

This is what I want to hear!
Thank you so much.
A new barcade is opening up near me and they have specifically called out to me, to set up my game.
I imagine that it will be a good earner for several years to come.
We will see how it looks at 40,000 plays.

Would definitely recommend turning all the ball savers on and lengthen them. We also lowered the replay amount it is a very tough game and can be a bit disheartening for beginners

#12287 2 years ago

Would definitely recommend turning all the ball savers on and lengthen them. We also lowered the replay amount it is a very tough game and can be a bit disheartening for beginners

Noted.

We will definitely play test the game to make it more fair and worth the $1 per game.

Its no fun to lose ball after ball, especially if you are trying to learn the game.

#12288 2 years ago

What's the match percentage set to?

9 months later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 300.00
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/246?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.