20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 246.
#12001 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks guys, I guess only decision now is do I need a dollar bill acceptor.. hmm..

I don't believe they actually supply the DBV, that is just a choice for which coin door you want. They have one where everything is centered that does not have a spot for the DBV, and it has the "Peace Among Worlds" sticker in the middle. And they have the other option where the door for the DBV is on the left and the coin slots are offset to the right.

The non-DBV looks better, but if you plan to put the external volume control/headphone jack by Pinnovators, or one of the mods that people are developing that use that DBV slot, then go with the DBV door.

#12002 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

And I'm sure they will in due time. They have always been transparent. But they are not obligated to adhere to YOUR schedule. Maybe practice a little patience...

Patients are a virtue!

But can someone please explain to me why people are against asking spooky a question about a re-opening plan.

For better or worse just a quick update. Is it that painful.

Is it bad to ask questions?

#12003 3 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

Patients are a virtue!
But can someone please explain to me why people are against asking spooky a question about a re-opening plan.

Feel free to ask then. They have a phone number, a facebook page, and email addresses. And when you find out, post what you have heard. But complaining about it here ad-nauseum is not going to get you the info you want any quicker and most of us really don't care as we know that when Spooky is ready, they will start back up and get the machines out the door.

#12004 3 years ago

Is this a common practice in China? What kind of comment is that. Smh.

Quoted from Airball:It is not asking much to have a company that received deposits update it’s Distributers and customer base.
This is America not China.

#12005 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Is this a common practice in China? What kind of comment is that. Smh.

Yeah, I didn't quite follow that comment either...

#12006 3 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

Patients are a virtue!

They are to a doctor. What would doctors do without them?

But show a little patience and give Spooky some time to resume production and then assess their position.
Or just continue to complain about it and dig your hole a little deeper.

#12007 3 years ago

No one is against asking them a question. I’m sure about 500 + people have already asked. When they determine it is a safe, they have their staff back and there is a plan in motion im sure they will let us know. As for now...the silence is most likely indicative of the situation the entire world is in : uncertainty

Quoted from Airball:

Patients are a virtue!

#12008 3 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

Explanation: I don’t think anyone has any issues with anyone wanting to know things, and by all means you can email or call Spooky directly...but the question only needs to be asked once on Pinside. Repeating it multiple times through multiple users accomplishes nothing other than an appearance that the torches and pitchforks are coming out...and that is what people do not like.

Spooky is aware we are interested in when the line starts back up, they will let us know when they know I am sure. Perhaps they are taking this time to do some tweaking to some things. Perhaps they are waiting on confirmation of access to parts. Perhaps their employees would rather continue to receive unemployment Then go back to 9-5. Perhaps they haven’t completed the move to the new facility. Either way, this is their business and they will get with us when they are ready to get with us.

#12009 3 years ago

Ok, ok I will not ask about when they will re-open on pinside.

Email is fine for me .

#12010 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

one of the mods that people are developing that use that DBV slot

Any insights as to what these other mods are? I'm not interested in the headphone kit, but I'd like to know what else may use the DBV before I choose the option without it.

#12011 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Any insights as to what these other mods are? I'm not interested in the headphone kit, but I'd like to know what else may use the DBV before I choose the option without it.

A multiverse inside the cab with a window through the DVB insert. harryhoudini I think is planning it. Sounds really cool!

#12012 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

A multiverse inside the cab with a window through the DVB insert. harryhoudini I think is planning it. Sounds really cool!

So,what do you do with this idea???Get on your knees to play that adventure???

#12013 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

??? Why would it be a “playable” mod...or maybe I miss understand and you’re just joking.

#12014 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Its not playable obviously, but the mod idea ties into the R&M episode "The Ricks Must Be Crazy", aka "Keep Summer Safe". Its a little window to see what powers your pinball machine.

Personally, I will be installing the Pinovators kit.

#12015 3 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

Kids in the back seat repeatedly asking: "Are we there yet?"

That's you.

IMO, Spooky has updated us on what's going on more than any other company in pinball. They got a new factory, they posted a few podcasts, and a few of them have posted here on pinside. I'm quite pleased with their communication thus far. It's really out of their hands too I believe. Wisconsin holds all the cards, Spooky is just a pawn to the situation.

BTW, can you believe we all get a free topper!? It's been 5 months since the announcement and I'm still blown away by this! It's one of the reasons I bought a brand new ACNC. I just have to support this place!

#12016 3 years ago

WI lifted the stay at home order last week and business are reopening. But no one has heard any official word for Spooky yet. That’s why folks are wondering.

Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Kids in the back seat repeatedly asking: "Are we there yet?"
That's you.
IMO, Spooky has updated us on what's going on more than any other company in pinball. They got a new factory, they posted a few podcasts, and a few of them have posted here on pinside. I'm quite pleased with their communication thus far. It's really out of their hands too I believe. Wisconsin holds all the cards, Spooky is just a pawn to the situation.
BTW, can you believe we all get a free topper!? It's been 5 months since the announcement and I'm still blown away by this! It's one of the reasons I bought a brand new ACNC. I just have to support this place!

#12017 3 years ago

Spooky seems ready to go (their new factory is sweet) but don't forget about the supply chain, especially considering Pinball Life in Illinois.

#12018 3 years ago

Yeah, just because a business is allowed to open back up, it does not mean that they can. Especially manufacturing where they rely on parts from other areas. I am sure it will be happening soon, but they may be limited on what they can put out if they can't get the parts they need once they use up their current stock.

#12019 3 years ago

As far as I can tell Pinball life has been fulfilling orders through this entire ordeal so I can’t imagine getting parts will be impossible for Spooky when they decide to get back to it.

Quoted from benheck:

Spooky seems ready to go (their new factory is sweet) but don't forget about the supply chain, especially considering Pinball Life in Illinois.

#12020 3 years ago

And to think I got excited to see 50 new messages in this thread.

Someone is about to start a new thread/poll asking whether or not Spooky is being mean and unfair. Jeebus.

#12021 3 years ago

We’re just speculating here. No one thinks Spooky is being unfair. We’re all aware that we’re living through a pandemic and things are up in the air.

Quoted from FYMF:

Someone is about to start a new thread/poll asking whether or not Spooky is being mean and unfair. Jeebus.

#12022 3 years ago

I'm going to jump to a non R&M meme for this one
Step 1 - Get people good and upset with Spooky
Step 2 - Convince a newly disgruntled buyer to sell me their spot for cost.
Step 3 - ???
Step 4 - Profit

I tell ya, it's a fool proof plan!

#12023 3 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

No kidding. I thought the new code dropped when I saw all the unread posts.

#12024 3 years ago

Last night's episode was hilarious. One of my favorites for sure.

#12025 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

As far as I can tell Pinball life has been fulfilling orders through this entire ordeal so I can’t imagine getting parts will be impossible for Spooky when they decide to get back to it.

Spooky doesn't get just off the shelf parts from Pinball Life. Pinball Life manufactures many of the assemblies needed for Spooky games. Not only does Terry not have employees currently, but who's to say he's even able to get all the parts he needs for said assemblies.

I can only imagine what kind of a shit show it is for both companies. Companies are just now being told they can be open again. How bout we give them some time to figure out how they do that while keeping their employees safe and the states happy.

#12026 3 years ago

I’ve been saying for people to be patient this whole time. I simply added that pinball life is open and shipping parts. Not sure why this is directed at me.

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Spooky doesn't get just off the shelf parts from Pinball Life. Pinball Life manufactures many of the assemblies needed for Spooky games. Not only does Terry not have employees currently, but who's to say he's even able to get all the parts he needs for said assemblies.
I can only imagine what kind of a shit show it is for both companies. Companies are just now being told they can be open again. How bout we give them some time to figure out how they do that while keeping their employees safe and the states happy.

#12027 3 years ago

I fully agree with you...again we’re just speculating here. No one expects Spooky to swing the door open and get all of their employees back right away. I would actually wager that it will be nearly impossible to get any assembly staff back until Aug 1st at least. Even longer if the $600 cares act UI is extended past July.

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

#12028 3 years ago

What the hell, is it true that employees can refuse work and continue getting unemployment now?

#12029 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I would actually wager that it will be nearly impossible to get any assembly staff back until Aug 1st at least. Even longer if the $600 cares act UI is extended past July

Quit spreading disinformation. If you are laid off by an employer, then called back and refuse employment or turn down work, then you are not eligible for UI benefits.

Quoted from DanQverymuch:

What the hell, is it true that employees can refuse work and continue getting unemployment now?

No.

#12030 3 years ago

I never said you can deny work and collect UI.

Quoted from BillySastard:

Quit spreading disinformation. If you are laid off by an employer, then called back and refuse employment or turn down work, then you are not eligible for UI benefits.

No.

#12031 3 years ago

My point is that employees may not be invited back until then. I suppose that all depends on if there is a second wave. I never said you can collect UI if you deny work.

Quoted from BillySastard:

No.

#12032 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

In some cases actually, yes. If a worker has a medical condition that puts them at higher risk of significant complications and they fear for their safety, then they can continue to collect even if their job is offered back. Keep in mind each state has it's own department of labor and makes the final regulations state by state. But I know I've seen this plenty here in Kansas. Those $600 additional federal unemployment payments really brought out the worst in some people. I can't tell you how many times since companies I help obtain PPP funding were told by employees they would rather just collect unemployment than work.

#12033 3 years ago

While I am a first responder and do not work in the private sector, I have a number of friends who own their own companies and have employees that work for them. The sad truth right now is that most minimum wage employees are making way more on unemployment than they did when they worked and are refusing to go back to work. They have reported these employees for their refusal and every single one of them are still getting their unemployment benefits. The reality is that with the unprecedented number of people collecting unemployment right now, the system is overwhelmed and there are not enough people to follow up on this and do anything about it.

I am afraid to see what this handout has done and what effect it will have in the long run. But right now, people are straight up refusing to come back to work and can get away with it. The few that were contacted about it stated a fear for their health if they go back, and the government bought that as an excuse to continue paying them. The majority just keep collecting with no followup at all. Luckily for my friends, there are still people out there that actually want to work and they have been able to hire some new people to take the vacant spots. But even with the new hires, the old employees get to keep collecting.

#12034 3 years ago

It is called milking the system and people love to do it and have done it for along time . The $600 just makes it that much better.

#12035 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

While I am a first responder and do not work in the private sector, I have a number of friends who own their own companies and have employees that work for them. The sad truth right now is that most minimum wage employees are making way more on unemployment than they did when they worked and are refusing to go back to work. They have reported these employees for their refusal and every single one of them are still getting their unemployment benefits. The reality is that with the overwhelming number of people collecting unemployment right now, the system is overwhelmed and there are not enough people to follow up on this and do anything about it.
I am afraid to see what this handout has done and what effect it will have in the long run. But right now, people are straight up refusing to come back to work and can get away with it. The few that were contacted about it stated a fear for their health if they go back, and the government bought that as an excuse to continue paying them. The majority just keep collecting with no followup at all. Luckily for my friends, there are still people out there that actually want to work and they have been able to hire some new people to take the vacant spots. But even with the new hires, the old employees get to keep collecting.

Hmm...low income folks are getting a $600 "perk" during a pandemic and everyone is concerned about them "milking the system"?

You are "afraid to see what this handout has done and what effect it will have in the long run."?

Affluent folks get to "milk the system" all day long and no-one blinks.

#12036 3 years ago

I went with all the options including butter cabinet and the dollar door just in case someone does make a cool mod for it. I think the coin door can easily be changed if I decide to go with the regular door.

Now.. to watch the show, which I have yet to actually do!

#12037 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Hmm...low income folks are getting a $600 "perk" during a pandemic and everyone is concerned about them "milking the system"?
You are "afraid to see what this handout has done and what effect it will have in the long run."?

I think the issue is that the payment was structured in a way that created a moral hazard.

#12038 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I think you are combining 2 different posts into one and responding to me. I never said anything about "milking the system". I understand the need for the unemployment benefits during the pandemic when businesses were forced to shut down. The problem I am seeing is that when they made it so that you can make MORE money sitting home on unemployment than actually going back to work and earning a living, what motivation is there to get off the sofa? That is the problem that it has created and what I was referring to. I never said anything about "low income folks" getting a "perk" or made this anything about class, as you have. I have worked every day of my life since I was 14 and worked hard for what I have, but am not really considered affluent. Not quite sure why you decided to quote me with your snide response?

#12039 3 years ago

Instead of baselessly accusing Spooky's employees of milking the system, let's give Charlie and Company the benefit of the doubt here. The WI Stay at Home order wasn't supposed to expire until after Memorial Day, but then the Supreme Court decision threw our State into disarray leaving business's with no time to adjust. I think it's quite possible that Spooky had this date (May 26) in mind as the earliest possible day that they could open and perhaps they still have work to do in order to get the new factory set-up and "safe" for employees to return. My guess is that we'll hear something from Spooky by this time next week, but we'll have to wait and see.

#12040 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Instead of baselessly accusing Spooky's employees of milking the system, let's give Charlie and Company the benefit of the doubt here. The WI Stay at Home order wasn't supposed to expire until after Memorial Day, but then the Supreme Court decision threw our State into disarray leaving business's with no time to adjust. I think it's quite possible that Spooky had this date (May 26) in mind as the earliest possible day that they could open and perhaps they still have work to do in order to get the new factory set-up and "safe" for employees to return. My guess is that we'll hear something from Spooky by this time next week, but we'll have to wait and see.

Amen... Not quite sure how it derailed into an unemployment conversation, but unfortunately I bit. None of what I was talking about in that derail had anything to do with Spooky anyway so back on track.

#12041 3 years ago

Not a single person in this thread accused Spooky employees of milking the system. The convo derailed into an insane discussion about UI. Who cares...remember PINBALL?

Quoted from MikeS:

#12042 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I fully agree with you...again we’re just speculating here. No one expects Spooky to swing the door open and get all of their employees back right away. I would actually wager that it will be nearly impossible to get any assembly staff back until Aug 1st at least. Even longer if the $600 cares act UI is extended past July.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Not a single person in this thread accused Spooky employees of milking the system. The convo derailed into an insane discussion about UI. Who cares...remember PINBALL?

You suggested that it would be nearly impossible to get "any" assembly staff back before Aug 1st because of UI.

#12043 3 years ago

It may be. Nobody knows and it’s not important...Let’s move on.

Quoted from MikeS:

You suggested that it would be nearly impossible to get "any" assembly staff back before Aug 1st because of UI.

#12044 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I think you are combining 2 different posts into one and responding to me. I never said anything about "milking the system". I understand the need for the unemployment benefits during the pandemic when businesses were forced to shut down. The problem I am seeing is that when they made it so that you can make MORE money sitting home on unemployment than actually going back to work and earning a living, what motivation is there to get off the sofa? That is the problem that it has created and what I was referring to. I never said anything about "low income folks" getting a "perk" or made this anything about class, as you have. I have worked every day of my life since I was 14 and worked hard for what I have, but am not really considered affluent. Not quite sure why you decided to quote me with your snide response?

Hmm...it's about class, because only low income folks are impacted by $600. I quoted you, because it was a ridiculous comment (not my interpretation of a ridiculous comment).

Quoted from Calfdemon:

Amen... Not quite sure how it derailed into an unemployment conversation, but unfortunately I bit. None of what I was talking about in that derail had anything to do with Spooky anyway so back on track.

You derailed the thread by getting on your soapbox about all the lazy people milking the government.

#12045 3 years ago

Hahaha -

The Pinside Virtue Signal Brigade is out en force today, I see.

No news I take it?

#12046 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

one and responding to me. I never said anything about "milking the system". I understand the need for the unemployment benefits during the pandemic when businesses were forced to shut down. The problem I am seeing is that when they made it so that you can make MORE money sitting home on unemployment than actually going

Quoted from snaroff:

Hmm...it's about class, because only low income folks are impacted by $600. I quoted you, because it was a ridiculous comment (not my interpretation of a ridiculous comment).

You derailed the thread by getting on your soapbox about all the lazy people milking the government.

My following comment refers to the way the overall payment was structured, not Spooky or it's employees... It's not a matter of being lazy, I don't think people are lazy - the issue is that people would be penalized for going back to work by receiving less money. Ultimately, this is a moral hazard.

I'm in no rush, and am hoping Spooky and team stay safe.

#12047 3 years ago

To me the bottom line is that only Spooky can make the call, and the opinions of the armchair experts on Pinside don't really matter. I don't envy any business owner who is faced with the decisions surrounding reopening. Charlie and the Spooky team's health is a hell of a lot more important than a bunch of pinball machines. I understand the impatience (I was expecting to pick my game up in ~July, now who knows when), but it's not worth pushing Charlie and his family into a dangerous situation.

#12048 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

You may want to read back a little further, it derailed well before that. I was actually responding to previous comments about people not being able to receive benefits after refusing to come back to work and was speaking about actual situations I have first hand knowledge of. Nowhere in any of my posts, or even what you quoted by me, was anything you are accusing me of doing or saying. You seem think you live in my head and are trying to interpret what you think I was saying. Read what @josesjb wrote, he nailed it. Its really not that difficult to understand if you actually read the words and stop trying to put some sort of political slant on it, as if you think you know what everyone else is trying to say.

This is the last response you will get from me on the topic, so keep trolling me if you want. It's really not worth my time.

#12049 3 years ago

Gentlemen:

Everyone’s said their peace on the UI matter. No need for anyone to explain themselves further and no need for that aspect of the conversation to continue. Let’s just all move along and talk about other R&M things.

Where is everyone getting the pingulps from for this game? I‘ve ordered one from trilogybeer and his work is amazing if anyone is looking for a reference.

#12050 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Where is everyone getting the pingulps from for this game? I‘ve ordered one from trilogybeer and his work is amazing if anyone is looking for a reference.

I got the neutrino bomb cup holder that toyotaboy made. Won't have my game for over a year, but the cup holder looks great and appears well made. Here is an old post about it for any who haven't seen it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/142#post-5395411

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 13,500.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 300.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/241 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.