20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 246.
#11851 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I also had the bump. Repositioning the metal guide rail to be straighter and spaced closer to the flipper made the upper flippers shots more consistent, especially when the ball was.going fast (which is often in this game)
In my case, the top of the inner wood rail was right against the rail. I had to take out 2 screws under the playfield holding the the top portion inner wooden rail to the playfield so I could move the wooden rail along with the metal guide down and straighten it. Once the metal guide was where I wanted it, I secured the wood rail back to the playfield. It only moved a small amount so the same holes to hold the wooden rail to the playfiled were still usable.
Also noticed there was a metal post with a rubber ring on it behind the metal guide rail as well. No idea why that would be there since its inaccessible by the ball.[quoted image]

How did you reattach the metal guide to the playfield as it doesnt appear that you can access the screw holes after moving it.

#11852 4 years ago

Drill new holes.

#11853 4 years ago

All this silly shit should be adjusted correctly at the factory as soon as they realize the issue.

None of the games being built now should need their owners making loop adjustments, bending rails, or telling house guests the ball might get stuck on the apron so just shake it loose.

#11854 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

All this silly shit should be adjusted correctly at the factory as soon as they realize the issue.
None of the games being built now should need their owners making loop adjustments, bending rails, or telling house guests the ball might get stuck on the apron so just shake it loose.

Yea, it's why I don't mind being down the road. Keep the feedback coming. They can't fix what they don't know about.

#11855 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

sooo...delays? (aside from the current possibilities)

From Facebook:
Spooky Pinball LLC "We're only going to lose a few days during the move. Production comes first! "

#11856 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I am sure it will be. They are here reading this stuff and I am sure they want them dialed in every bit as much as we do.

But really, (having owned machines for a little while now) they are not much different than owning Classic / Exotic Cars. You are gonna have to work on each of them a bit to get them dialed in to your preference.

#11857 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

How did you reattach the metal guide to the playfield as it doesnt appear that you can access the screw holes after moving it.

Quoted from guitarded:

Drill new holes.

Yeah drilled new holes. Considering the area is totally under the plastic and not visible I decided it was low risk. It made the shot more make-able for me.

Still curious why they would put a rubber ring on that post though.

#11858 4 years ago

Will any of these recent discoveries about land guides and improving upper flipper shot orientation possibly result in screws being drilled into the playfields in slightly different locations? Or the placement of the lane guide metal tabs into the playfield?

#11859 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Still curious why they would put a rubber ring on that post though.

Only reason I can think of would be if you are playing it without the plastic on (setup?) , it might keep a wild ball from landing directly on that bulb?

But, hey...Free Rubber!

#11860 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I am sure it will be. They are here reading this stuff and I am sure they want them dialed in every bit as much as we do.
But really, (having owned machines for a little while now) they are not much different than owning Classic / Exotic Cars. You are gonna have to work on each of them a bit to get them dialed in to your preference.

I been collecting pins for 18 years. I've fixed a few boards, rebuilt some flippers, shopped some games, but I don't know shit about exotic cars.

All I'm saying is that 5 or 6 months from now I shouldn't have to search for these "bend the rail" pics and instructions. Any holes that need to be drilled to move this or that, I'm not interested. That's actually the only reason I posted. I'm looking at the guy with his pics of bending the rail over the flipper so the ball doesn't hop.

I'm glad the early people are bringing up all the issues and hope whatever I need to dial in is none of this.

#11861 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I also had the bump. Repositioning the metal guide rail to be straighter and spaced closer to the flipper made the upper flippers shots more consistent, especially when the ball was.going fast (which is often in this game)
In my case, the top of the inner wood rail was right against the rail. I had to take out 2 screws under the playfield holding the the top portion inner wooden rail to the playfield so I could move the wooden rail along with the metal guide down and straighten it. Once the metal guide was where I wanted it, I secured the wood rail back to the playfield. It only moved a small amount so the same holes to hold the wooden rail to the playfiled were still usable.
Also noticed there was a metal post with a rubber ring on it behind the metal guide rail as well. No idea why that would be there since its inaccessible by the ball.[quoted image]

This issue is weirdly similar to JP2 (though less dramatic and in the opposite direction). So clear why the upper flipper shots would be much more difficult without a smooth transition between the guide and the flipper. Hope this gets fixed!

#11862 4 years ago

Ugh... sold my Rick and Morty deposit for cost yesterday to a fellow pinsider that's hooked me up in the past. The game is fantastic and I'd love one someday, but its just not in the cards with all the craziness going on right now. I see a Simpsons Pinball Party as a poor substitute purchase in my near future and will have to scratch the itch with a trip to Lyman's Tavern every once and a while once they open back up. I still plan on being a huge Rick and Morty cheerleader as the game really is pretty darned awesome.

#11863 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Ugh... sold my Rick and Morty deposit for cost yesterday to a fellow pinsider that's hooked me up in the past. The game is fantastic and I'd love one someday, but its just not in the cards with all the craziness going on right now. I see a Simpsons Pinball Party as a poor substitute purchase in my near future and will have to scratch the itch with a trip to Lyman's Tavern every once and a while once they open back up. I still plan on being a huge Rick and Morty cheerleader as the game really is pretty darned awesome.

Sorry for the situation. Sincerely, did you not consider selling one of your other pins to fund RaM? Probably could get most covered with the JP2 no?

#11864 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Sorry for the situation. Sincerely, did you not consider selling one of your other pins to fund RaM? Probably could get most covered with the JP2 no?

I strongly considered it, but am having a lot of fun with JP right now (although R&M is better). However, although I have what I view as stable employment (government sector), I am battening down the financial hatches right now. Cancelled the additional principal payments on my mortgage, pulled the retirement and kids funds out of the market, etc. I was tracking my machine being ready sometime in September. I am expecting supply line issues and COVID concerns to push the ready date back on that pin until next year (I believe Spooky has every intention of delivering a machine to everyone who has put down a deposit). I sold my deposit to my boss and am confident I can get a few games in when it is finally delivered. If I'm overly paranoid, which I hope I am, I will have enough in the pinball fund to buy a Simpsons Pinball Party when this all blows over. If I'm not, it will be good to have some more cash reserves laying around.

#11865 4 years ago

I strongly considered it, but am having a lot of fun with JP right now (although R&M is better). However, although I have what I view as stable employment (government sector), I am battening down the financial hatches right now. Cancelled the additional principal payments on my mortgage, pulled the retirement and kids funds out of the market, etc. I was tracking my machine being ready sometime in September. I am expecting supply line issues and COVID concerns to push the ready date back on that pin until next year (I believe Spooky has every intention of delivering a machine to everyone who has put down a deposit). I sold my deposit to my boss and am confident I can get a few games in when it is finally delivered. If I'm overly paranoid, which I hope I am, I will have enough in the pinball fund to buy a Simpsons Pinball Party when this all blows over. If I'm not, it will be good to have some more cash reserves laying around.

Did you consider selling off the wife or one of the kids???

Just kidding of course!

That really sucks that you had a spot and you had to get rid of it… Sorry and hopefully that doesn’t become a trend here with what all is going on.

#11866 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I been collecting pins for 18 years. I've fixed a few boards, rebuilt some flippers, shopped some games, but I don't know shit about exotic cars.
All I'm saying is that 5 or 6 months from now I shouldn't have to search for these "bend the rail" pics and instructions. Any holes that need to be drilled to move this or that, I'm not interested. That's actually the only reason I posted. I'm looking at the guy with his pics of bending the rail over the flipper so the ball doesn't hop.
I'm glad the early people are bringing up all the issues and hope whatever I need to dial in is none of this.

Went through the same things with GB, WOZ, DP, AVENGERS, MET, ACDC...every game I have ever bought, as well as friends KISS, and IRON MAIDEN has required some tweaking here and there. Shipping shakes the game around a lot. Manufacturing tolerances vary from game to game too. It is what it is.

#11867 4 years ago

I would have traded numbers with you to give you more time. Mine probably won’t be ready until after January.

#11868 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I would have traded numbers with you to give you more time. Mine probably won’t be ready until after January.

You'll be happy to know that it went to someone who has hooked me up in the past. Sold me a Star Trek for 3k when they were going for 4k, and gave me an Attack From Mars as a bonus at work so no harm done.

#11869 4 years ago

Man, that's a bummer. Hopefully you can catch back up with one in the future...

If anyone up towards the front of the line wants to delay their delivery, I am happy to swap spots (I am 458 I think).

Maybe having an extra 8-12 months will help someone else out more than me?

#11870 4 years ago

I can honestly say I have had to do nothing with my MBrLE since I got it a year ago..until last night, one of the tesla domes popped off and needs some glue.

#11871 4 years ago

You'll be happy to know that it went to someone who has hooked me up in the past. Sold me a Star Trek for 3k when they were going for 4k, and gave me an Attack From Mars as a bonus at work so no harm done.

Whenever someone in my league is selling a pin we always offer to others in the league first (often at a below value price), just to keep them in the family!

#11872 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Whenever someone in my league is selling a pin we always offer to others in the league first (often at a below value price), just to keep them in the family!

I’m a big fan of this.
It’s important I think to keep things local in the community and hook up the people that hook you up.
Out here there are some that buy up all the deals on CL and ship them out of state.
Long term that means less Pinball here.

#11873 4 years ago

So, if anyone wants to buy my spot in line BSE#429 let me know. I'm only looking to get out. Not looking for to sell at a premium. $1565

#11874 4 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

So, if anyone wants to buy my spot in line BSE#429 let me know. I'm only looking to get out. Not looking for to sell at a premium. $1565

Pm sent

#11875 4 years ago

Now that is commendable.

Quoted from ReallifePin:

#11876 4 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

nice offer. i don't care if mine doesn't ship until 2023. i'm a patient guy.

and every pinball needs tweaks: pinball is nothing like classic cars...those damm things can require severe exorcisms. or major rust repair, or what-not.

back in the 70s, ballys had some issues. in the 80s, gottlieb street level pins WERE issues. today, fresh out of the box sterns can have issues. nature of the hobby. if one can't make it work to one's preference, this might not be a good hobby for some.

noob (resized).jpgnoob (resized).jpg
#11877 4 years ago
Quoted from youdontknowme:

and every pinball needs tweaks: pinball is nothing like classic cars...those damm things can require severe exorcisms. or major rust repair, or what-not.

You should have seen my EatPM. My 64 Galaxie didn't take 1/2 the work to get it running right.

#11878 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

You should have seen my EatPM. My 64 Galaxie didn't take 1/2 the work to get it running right.

lol. i've seen those pinballs as well. we had a bobby orr we dragged out of a barn. still de-rusting components that we can't find replacments for.

#11879 4 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

Commendable offer. That's what I call a good friend discount if I've ever seen one. That's cheaper than what I paid for my spot directly from distro ($1,525 + $50 PayPal fee). Congrats to the new #429!

#11880 4 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Commendable offer. That's what I call a good friend discount if I've ever seen one. That's cheaper than what I paid for my spot directly from distro ($1,525 + $50 PayPal fee). Congrats to the new #429!

I've thought about getting out for a while. I was pretty hyped up for a while but I'll be honest, I'd like to have a TNA more and I can get one of those a lot sooner.
I am told often that I sell stuff for too cheap but I've had my fair share of good deals. It all evens out.

#11881 4 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

I've thought about getting out for a while. I was pretty hyped up for a while but I'll be honest, I'd like to have a TNA more and I can get one of those a lot sooner.
I am told often that I sell stuff for too cheap but I've had my fair share of good deals. It all evens out.

Funny you should mention TNA, I've been thinking the same thing. I'm not looking to back out of R&M, but with the wait time increased indefinitely, I started to think about maybe getting a TNA, and there's an really nice one for sale near by at a very reasonable price. Hmmmmm.

#11882 4 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

Thanks for the gracious offer Cole ! Looking forward to playing #429 !

#11883 4 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

Thanks for the gracious offer Cole ! Looking forward to playing #429 !

Glad it worked out for both of us!

#11884 4 years ago

Looks like a new episode is available on iTunes.

#11885 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Looks like a new episode is available on iTunes.

Without looking there, I presume you're talking about this?
https://www.adultswim.com/videos/rick-and-morty/samurai-shogun-rick-and-morty

Spoiler: all this did was remind me that I don't care for anime.

#11886 4 years ago

May 3rd!!

#11887 4 years ago

Oh yes please.

#11888 4 years ago

Good to hear that Spooky still has parts and is making games. Looking forward to seeing new deliveries!

#11889 4 years ago

If ever I needed some more Rick and Morty episodes, now is def the time!

#11890 4 years ago

Still a month away, though. Guess it'll be a reward for making it through the next 30 days.

Really can't wait!

1 week later
#11892 4 years ago

Yesterday Arrived Rick and morty number 6 in Germany. Next step is airbrush some parts

What a fantastic pinball, I love it absolutely

Fantastic Job from spooky, the Lightshow in incredible.

I made a little video, without glass and topper in action.

#11893 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

Yesterday Arrived Rick and morty number 6 in Germany. Next step is airbrush some parts

Lock is lit... and so am I! I wonder what other famous callouts (like multiple jackpots) made it into the game?

#11894 4 years ago

What are you planning on airbrushing?

#11895 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What are you planning on airbrushing?

Im think like my Simpsons. Drunken rick on lockbar. Actually I’m looking for good picture

1DBB8217-DF2B-4CC7-95B8-577CF88C6D4F (resized).png1DBB8217-DF2B-4CC7-95B8-577CF88C6D4F (resized).png
#11896 4 years ago

one of my favorites

1B2C6F50-A55D-4B51-8D0B-B87B5FEAEFFF (resized).jpeg1B2C6F50-A55D-4B51-8D0B-B87B5FEAEFFF (resized).jpeg
#11897 4 years ago

Im think like my Simpsons. Drunken rick on lockbar. Actually I’m looking for good picture[quoted image]

Wow! That looks really great!

#11898 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Wow! That looks really great!

Since he isn't pimping his work, I will... Take a look at his thread and look at the other games he has done. AMAZING work!! One of the threads I follow just for his amazing skills!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/airbrush-body-kits-for-pinballs-star-warsghostbusters-and-more/page/3#post-5543889

#11899 4 years ago

That Simpsons Apron is incredible -

Beautiful work. Can't wait to see the Rick and Morty you cook up!

#11900 4 years ago

In the dark video, it looks like you have the purple powdercoating. So your airbrushing can be done on the powdercoated parts?? I may have to go this route when my game arrives someday. I have always admired your work but didn't have any of the games you do. If you are going to do R&M, I may pull the trigger on this one. The only downfall is the downtime of shipping the stuff to Germany and then the turnaround. Wondering (out loud) how to do this. I would rather not buy a second set of armor, but then I don't want my game down for that long either, especially when new.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 13,500.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/238?hl=nevadanutjob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.