20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 246.
#11651 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The ball launch stucks were happening On the piece of black foam in the shooter lane that i cant figure out why youd have there in the first place. Spookys resoonse was try turning the coil strength down... which resulted in the game just not attempting to serve balls at all (when just adjusting two steps) half the time which required rebooting the game.
Why is there foam which would wear down right in the shooter lane?

no idea what foam is? maybe it fell off from somewhere else.

A simple bend of trough scoop that feeds the shooter lane along with a tweak to coil power should tune you in just fine.
I personally found a small bend to help direct ball into lane (instead of bounce back into through) combined with a step up 2 was the best answer for me.

#11652 4 years ago
DBEB9A39-7972-434D-BA1F-827254DC0D34 (resized).jpegDBEB9A39-7972-434D-BA1F-827254DC0D34 (resized).jpeg
#11653 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Spookys paper that comes with the game says to put the game at 6.5 degrees.. if i put it up any higher, counter clockwise shots through the u-turn are sure to go SDTM..
Anyway, lots of armchair ops and fanboys in here.. apologies for trying to share additonal perspective and insight. You boys carry on stroking each other now.. I’m out.

You clearly dont own a Stranger Things lol

#11654 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

You clearly dont own a Stranger Things lol

I think Scott D said 6.9 at the I/O Deapflip Reveal.

#11655 4 years ago

Kaneda posted his review of R&M after playing at Jackbar for those interested. Pretty brutal take on the shots from the upper right flipper (to the point he says he's rather play stranger things in terms of shots). I have multiple people I know personally who have flipped the game and said it's tough, but they didn't bag on the shots nearly as much. Whysnow even got called out for hyping the game too much lol. Always have to take Chris with a grain of salt.
https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball

#11656 4 years ago

Listening to Kaneda, now.

Sounds to me like that machine could still use a tiny bit of tweaking (upper flipper and spinner shot guide) and that he kinda just isn't that good at pinball.

I have heard all of these complaints about a ton of machines that I love to flip. People bitch about FT in the same vein and it's my favorite of all time.

#11657 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Kaneda posted his review of R&M after playing at Jackbar for those interested. Pretty brutal take on the shots from the upper right flipper (to the point he says he's rather play stranger things in terms of shots). I have multiple people I know personally who have flipped the game and said it's tough, but they didn't bag on the shots nearly as much. whysnow even got called out for hyping the game too much lol. Always have to take Chris with a grain of salt.

He should just sell his game now

#11658 4 years ago

I own the game. 2 hours is not worthy of a review. It’s one of the early games and needs a little tweaking (spinner and right upper flipper make a big difference). For those waiting...there are some tough shots, and some easy shots. I think it’s a blast to play. At minimum someone should put on a few hundred games before reviewing it.

Then again, if you hate the game after a few plays...buy a different game.

#11659 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I own the game. 2 hours is not worthy of a review.

2 Hours with his friend and his wife...

that sometimes is an hour to an hour and a half...

then almost 2 hours...

I think he might have flipped for about 40 minutes to an hour, max.

#11660 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Listening to Kaneda, now.
Sounds to me like that machine could still use a tiny bit of tweaking (upper flipper and spinner shot guide)

i'm trying to think of the nicest way to tell you that you're 100% wrong. only because my diplomacy and poetics are one of my strongest qualities, second only to my abilities with pinball maintenance and tweaking.

but, seriously.. whatever it sounds like to you, you're wrong. i wish you weren't, but it is what it is.

#11661 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

2 Hours with his friend and his wife...
that sometimes is an hour to an hour and a half...
then almost 2 hours...

Damn - well if that paragon of reporting and skilled pinball playing Kanada didn't love it I better sell my spot RIGHT NOW!

#11662 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I own the game. 2 hours is not worthy of a review.

Totally agree. At 2 hours, I'm disclaiming my thoughts as "first impressions."

#11663 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

oh, sweet! can you please tell that to my wife, who's annoyed that i was there for over 2 hours?!

"honey, i've got proof that it wasn't as long as you say! it's from a stranger on the internet who wasn't there, but knows everything!"

#11664 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i'm trying to think of the nicest way to tell you that you're 100% wrong. only because my diplomacy and poetics are one of my strongest qualities, second only to my abilities with pinball maintenance and tweaking.

Oh, don't hold back Brooklyn. I can take whatever you got in those skinny jeans.

Like I said, 'Sounds to me...'. That means I am completely open to be wrong in that impression.

But, when I see reviews from owners (who are admittedly not accomplished players) and they are telling me that they can hit shots that are 'Unmakable' in others reviews...I am going to go ahead and make my own calls on their viability.

You own it. If you think you have it dialed and you think those shots are 10%-ers, I don't see where you are complaining about it. At least, not here.

#11665 4 years ago

>>oh, sweet! can you please tell that to my wife, who's annoyed that i was there for over 2 hours?!

Well, you yourself said an hour an hour and half almost as many times as you said two hours.

So, I am taking your 2 hour time and splitting it evenly among 3 people...that math work ok for you sport?

#11666 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Kaneda posted his review of R&M after playing at Jackbar for those interested. Pretty brutal take on the shots from the upper right flipper (to the point he says he's rather play stranger things in terms of shots). I have multiple people I know personally who have flipped the game and said it's tough, but they didn't bag on the shots nearly as much. whysnow even got called out for hyping the game too much lol. Always have to take Chris with a grain of salt.

Anyone that listens to him for a review of a game is a moron. He does not play pinball, really own them (aside from the need to show them off as a trophy), has zero idea on how to do even basic maintainence, and is a really bad player.

Beyond “grain of salt”, Thales his review as the reality of what he is, a professional hype man and flipper that spends more time speculating on the next game rather than actually learning a few basic skills and playing pinball.

I know many find him entertaining but any review on game play from his is like believing what your weather man tells you about the stock market.

#11667 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

oh, sweet! can you please tell that to my wife, who's annoyed that i was there for over 2 hours?!
"honey, i've got proof! it's from a stranger on the internet who wasn't there, but knows everything!"

Well hopefully he DID let his wife and friend play a tiny bit out of that time also... I think that was his point.

#11668 4 years ago

I am NOT a good player. I don’t do competitions or league (none around me)...but this was my score just now. Like I said, set it up right and it’s a blast!!

F53ADF98-A0B9-4FD2-8CBD-E741B4428FC3 (resized).jpegF53ADF98-A0B9-4FD2-8CBD-E741B4428FC3 (resized).jpeg
#11669 4 years ago

I know I am always on top of my game when my annoyed wife is standing next to me, letting me know she has had enough of me playing pinball.

GC all day, baby.

#11670 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

>>oh, sweet! can you please tell that to my wife, who's annoyed that i was there for over 2 hours?!
Well, you yourself said an hour an hour and half almost as many times as you said two hours.

you know i'm not Kaneda, right? i'm the guy who owns and operates the game, and was there hosting him and his wife for over 2 hours. i'm just correcting you inaccurate speculation.

and fun fact.... speaking of 2 hours, that's 8 times as long as it took for me to get called "sport" and "skinny jeans" by a guy who calls himself "guitarded". so, i'd call today pretty successful!

#11671 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

and fun fact.... speaking of 2 hours, that's 8 times as long as it took for me to called "sport" and "skinny jeans" by a guy who calls himself "guitarded". so, i'd call today pretty successful!

I see you knowledge of music is deep. Leslie West was a monster on an LP Jr.

#11672 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Anyone that listens to him for a review of a game is a moron.

Annnnndddd this is why people downvote you constantly Hilton. You come out with a blanket statement that "anyone who listens to Chris' opinion is a moron." Come on man. That doesn't add anything of value to the conversation. Your superlative comment is moronic.

#11673 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

well, why didn't you say so to begin with?? in that case, spread all the baseless bullshit you like. my bad.

#11674 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Shame what happened to Felix though... what a way to go.

#11675 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

in that case, spread all the baseless bullshit you like. my bad

What is baseless about simple math?

3 People on a game for 2 hours.

40 minutes to an hour.

Tops.

#11676 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

you know i'm not Kaneda, right? i'm the guy who owns and operates the game, and was there hosting him and his wife for over 2 hours. i'm just correcting you inaccurate speculation.
and fun fact.... speaking of 2 hours, that's 8 times as long as it took for me to get called "sport" and "skinny jeans" by a guy who calls himself "guitarded". so, i'd call today pretty successful!

Bigehrl: i have a question. Not trying to be a dick just looking for clarification. A year ago you posted a pretty scathing letter to Kaneda in which you mention him elbowing you in the nose while being thrown out of a tournament. You, more or less, closed that letter stating that he is not welcome in anything you’re directly involved in. That being said, why was he at your place of business playing one of your machines while you hosted him for 2 hours? Was that letter all BS or have you let bygones be bygones?

#11677 4 years ago

Fan boys just cannot accept another person’s perfectly valid opinion.

If you’re happy with the game, do you let someone else’s less than glowing reviews affect your enjoyment of it?

#11678 4 years ago
Quoted from Deezer5150:

Bigehrl: i have a question. Not trying to be a dick just looking for clarification. A year ago you posted a pretty scathing letter to Kaneda in which you mention him elbowing you in the nose while being thrown out of a tournament. You, more or less, closed that letter stating that he is not welcome in anything you’re directly involved in. That being said, why was he at your place of business playing one of your machines while you hosted him for 2 hours? Was that letter all BS or have you let bygones be bygones?

this is a great question. seriously. i did. and i told him how i felt about it. we discussed. he apologized, and swears he regrets it. and we put it behind us. i don't see any reason to hold grudges. and i hope others can do the same. not just in the pinball community.

in addition, i do enjoy his candidness and passion. i don't always agree with him, and i tell him that. but he shouldn't care what i think, or anyone. that's the basis of his show.

#11679 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

this is a great question. seriously. i did. and i told him how i felt about it. we discussed. he apologized, and swears he regrets it. and we put it behind us. i don't see any reason to hold grudges. and i hope others can do the same. not just in the pinball community.
in addition, i do enjoy his candidness and passion. i don't always agree with him, and i tell him that. but he shouldn't care what i think, or anyone. that's the basis of his show.

Thanks for the clarification. I do appreciate that you answered without getting defensive.

#11680 4 years ago

So what tweaks have you made to your game?

Flipper position? Rubbers / Titans / Superbands?

Tweak any of the guides. The spinner?

As an operator I would assume you are not content with a 10% success rate on shots?

#11681 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I listen to Kaneda, and value his opinions. But fair enough.

#11682 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I listen to Kaneda, and value his opinions. But fair enough.

You sir are a moron.

#11683 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Anyone who listens to you for advice on what to do during a world wide pandemic, is a FUCKING moron.

#11684 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Anyone who listens to you for advice on what to do during a world wide pandemic, is a FUCKING moron.

What other types of Pandemic do you think there are?

#11685 4 years ago

Let’s be real, from that first stream, we knew there would be issues with the layout. Kaneda isn’t saying anything we didn’t already know.

#11686 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

By definition, a Pandemic could be affecting a single country and not be on a global scale.

#11687 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

So what tweaks have you made to your game?
Flipper position? Rubbers / Titans / Superbands?
Tweak any of the guides. The spinner?
As an operator I would assume you are not content with a 10% success rate on shots?

absolutely. and let me start by saying, i'm in no way complaining about the shots. Kaneda has his opinion, i have mine. i do wish they worked better, and/or more often. but i'm the type that adapts.

that said, i always want games to perform best they can, to the limits the design allows. here's a few tweaks i did:

-the first was the suggestion Hilton made about bending the launch wire-form down a bit, to prevent both roll-backs, and over-shooting which lead to the ball looping around the small rightside (u-turn?). this was happening quite a bit, and that tweak worked great.
-i didn't have to adjust the upper flipper alignment. i have had to do that with quite a few NIB games, when either they were visibly out of alignment, or something just felt "off" about the shots. most recently, early run Jurassic Park was a good example of that. the flippers, at rest, were much higher that the ball lane guides, and the ramps just weren't intuitive. i adjusted after 1 game, to how they traditionally are positioned on all the games i've worked on, or played, and voila! played like a dream! however, with RaM, despite seeing the video that suggested distancing the flipper from resting on the rail, my machine had a nice 1/8-3/16" gap from the rail, at rest, straight from the factory. also every shot felt right. the issue with making those loops wasn't that the ball was failing to go where i sent it. but, it was entering the shots, and rattling around. almost as if the curve of the lane guide wasn't fluid enough.
-i lifted (bent) the spinner as suggested in the video. after slo-mo recording and viewing the ball behavior as it went around the lane, in most cases, it wasn't even touching the spinner before it rejected. but i did it anyway, just for good measure.
- i adjusted the coil strength of all VUK's, to what works right on my machine. including the trough up-kicker, the re-entry trough up-kicker, and the shooter lane.
- and, as usual, before a single game is ever played, i tighten and check every single 1/4" mech screw. as well as the nuts for every post, lane guide, and anything else that can be tightened (but not over-tightened) with a nut driver.

and before anyone possibly brings it up, the game is spot-on level w where Scott said he designed it. Both front to back, and side-to side.

if you have any other suggestions that you think can improve the reliabilty and fuctionality of those shots, i'm open minded.

#11688 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

You sir are a moron.

Well if @whyshow says it, it must be true.

#11689 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

By definition, a Pandemic could be affecting a single country and not be on a global scale.

By the Definition of an Epidemic, yes.

Pandemic is global. Or did you think it meant bread?

#11690 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I suppose something like a galactic pandemic could be possible at some point in the very distant future.

#11691 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

By the Definition of an Epidemic, yes.
Pandeic is global. Or did you think it meant bread?

I’m not here to educate you. Look it up if you really are confused.

#11692 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

absolutely. and let me start by saying, i'm in no way complaining about the shots. Kaneda has his opinion, i have mine.

I appreciate the clarification and notes. Mine won't be here for a while yet, but I have been pretty ravenous in catching any and all input from others that I can find on it (what else to do while you wait?).

From Scott's earliest descriptions of those upper flipper shots I have been assuming they are every bit as awkwardly placed as he decribes. And this is somethiing I personally love in a machine, shots that don't fall where you want them to and have pretty dire consequences when they disappear on you.

I like combos to flow, but not entire games if that makes sense.

#11693 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

absolutely. and let me start by saying, i'm in no way complaining about the shots. Kaneda has his opinion, i have mine. i do wish they worked better, and/or more often. but i'm the type that adapts.
that said, i always want games to perform best they can, to the limits the design allows. here's a few tweaks i did:
-the first was the suggestion Hilton made about bending the launch wire-form down a bit, to prevent both roll-backs, and over-shooting which lead to the ball looping around the small rightside (u-turn?). this was happening quite a bit, and that tweak worked great.
-i didn't have to adjust the upper flipper alignment. i have had to do that with quite a few NIB games, when either they were visibly out of alignment, or something just felt "off" about the shots. most recently, early run Jurassic Park was a good example of that. the flippers, at rest, were much higher that the ball lane guides, and the ramps just weren't intuitive. i adjusted after 1 game, to how they traditionally are positioned on all the games i've worked on, or played, and voila! played like a dream! however, with RaM, despite seeing the video that suggested distancing the flipper from resting on the rail, my machine had a nice 1/8-3/16" gap from the rail, at rest, straight from the factory. also every shot felt right. the issue with making those loops wasn't that the ball was failing to go where i sent it. but, it was entering the shots, and rattling around. almost as if the curve of the lane guide wasn't fluid enough.
-i lifted (bent) the spinner as suggested in the video. after slo-mo recording and viewing the ball behavior as it went around the lane, in most cases, it wasn't even touching the spinner before it rejected. but i did it anyway, just for good measure.
- i adjusted the coil strength of all VUK's, to what works right on my machine. including the trough up-kicker, the re-entry trough up-kicker, and the shooter lane.
- and, as usual, before a single game is ever played, i tighten and check every single 1/4" mech screw. as well as the nuts for every post, lane guide, and anything else that can be tightened (but not over-tightened) with a nut driver.
and before anyone possibly brings it up, the game is spot-on level w where Scott said he designed it. Both front to back, and side-to side.
if you have any other suggestions that you think can improve the reliabilty and fuctionality of those shots, i'm open minded.

Jon, I played your Rick and Morty a few times and enjoyed it. I think one of the understated issues with this game is the length of the curve of the inner orbit wall (it's too short). The curve becomes straight too early in the loop, deadening the momentum.

I haven't received my game yet, so can't confirm... But I think this adjustment here may be addressing this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/30#post-5516996

If you try it, please let us know if it helps.

#11694 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I appreciate the clarification and notes. Mine won't be here for a while yet, but I have been pretty ravenous in catching any and all input from others that I can find on it (what else to do while you wait?).
From Scott's earliest descriptions of those upper flipper shots I have been assuming they are every bit as awkwardly placed as he decribes. And this is somethiing I personally love in a machine, shots that don't fall where you want them to and have pretty dire consequences when they disappear on you.

i absolutely love the game!! in a room of 17 machines, it's the one i find myself gravitating to over and over. and that truly isn't the case with all new machines. it's fun, funny, and tough.

#11695 4 years ago

Kaneda laying the groundwork to flip his game NIB? Haven’t heard the podcast but sounds like it.

#11696 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think this adjustment here may be addressing this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/30#post-5516996
If you try it, please let us know if it helps.

wow, ok. I've never played w the lane guide screw. didn't know it even had one. i'm assuming its similar to the launch lane guide on Rollergames. i'll go adjust this right now. well, when Boris and Eric Kahn get off it. but will report shortly. thanks!

#11697 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Kaneda laying the groundwork to flip his game NIB? Haven’t heard the podcast but sounds like it.

Then you didn’t listen to the podcast. :p

#11698 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I think you'll be happy then. It's been here at Lyman's in DC for 2 or three weeks and while the upper loop is no "gimme" shot it's quite doable and rewarding if you can do a couple multiple loops (best I could do). You can do a backhand combo to the right ramp... then to the left ramp... then to the loop and then *maybe* to the garage. lol For me none of that was a given except maybe right ramp to left ramp

I did get to watch players better than myself finishing modes and generally kicking my ass. I was glad to see that as it proved my low scores were MY fault and not the machine. For a home game it seems just right - for casuals on location it may be a little too unforgiving. Maybe.

If anybody states the upper loop shot has only a 10% completion rate that would indeed be bullshit. I don't think they had tried to open the lane by loosening the PF screws and re-positioning also. A 10% rate would also contradict all the people that have played the machine in the last few weeks and have enjoyed it. Still I'm hoping Kanada can scare some early people into dumping or bailing on their spots so we all can move up the list. Do it K-man!

I can't listen to *any* noisy, deliberately opinionated shows on *anything* so I'll have to let you guys tell me if he can kick up a good scare

#11699 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I’m not here to educate you. Look it up if you really are confused.

The etymology is actually pretty interesting and moreso in its evolution : in as much that pan = all, in the Greek usage 'all greeks', has historically been used to mean amongst a population. Modern usage has reserved it for 'all' meaning global.
So when the WHO uses Pandemic, they are using it to indicate a Global Epidemic. Reserving Epidemic for regional outbreaks and Pandemic for outbreaks that have touched all (populated) continents.

#11700 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

wow, ok. I've never played w the lane guide screw. didn't know it even had one. i'm assuming its similar to the launch lane guide on Rollergames. i'll go adjust this right now. well, when Boris and Eric Kahn get off it. but will report shortly. thanks!

Awesome!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 20.00
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods
Decorations
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
9,300 (OBO)
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/234 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.