20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 233 of 246.
#11601 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Why not give the prior customers who have a preorder spot the lower numbers? Spooky could and should have done more in this regard.

You can always cancel your order.

#11602 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

the tabs that the apron clips onto are way too big, too high, and out in the ball path.

Is this something that wouldn't merely be incidental to how the parts happened to be aligned, or might have drifted slightly out of alignment, as the fasteners were tightened? That type of thing happens all the time. There don't seem to be a flood of complaints that this is typical, and I just witnessed an R&M played 3 full days non stop at a show and I'm not aware of this happening.

You identified the issue... seems like it should be easy to try removing the apron and then loosening the brackets to move them back a tad. If that doesn't work, modify the metal tab by filing a round "ball deflecting edge" into its corner, and send the suggestion to Spooky. Easy enough fix, compared to other boneheaded QC foulups that have snuck out since the WMS/BLY days.

#11603 4 years ago

I can't even really make out what is happening in that picture. I see the ball is stuck, but without the 3D perspective, I don't see what the cause is or what a potential fix is. Clearly there's something the ball is hanging on. In the grand scheme of things, this looks like a small issue. I've played many games out there where the ball gets stuck somewhere on the apron drain.

#11604 4 years ago

TNA and ACNC both have these tabs and I have never had an issue with ball hangups. SpookyLuke posted earlier that there was an error in cutting the first batch for R&M which has already been addressed.

Adding a washer between the playfield hangers and apron seems like a good option to reduce the potential hangups

#11605 4 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

TNA and ACNC both have these tabs and I have never had an issue with ball hangups. spookyluke posted earlier that there was an error in cutting the first batch for R&M which has already been addressed.
Adding a washer between the playfield hangers and apron seems like a good option to reduce the potential hangups

The only place I have an issue with hangups on my ACNC is on the small foam pieces near the trough return on the apron. Never takes more than a slight nudge to bump the ball off there if it gets hung up.

#11606 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Once again not true. I have a preorder spot and was in before 10:10. Spooky with TNA told people if you bought from them you would get first priority on new games. That did not happen with R&M. Spooky should have honored their commitment to their previous customers. It would have been very easy to give prior customers lower numbers once they got a preorder spot.

Man, you bitch a lot about the same shit.

#11607 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Um, Yes. It is plain as day in the pic there.
[quoted image]

Take it from the person actually in front of the game... not the one trying to play photo forensics and never seen the game. no

#11608 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Agreed. Assuming the apron screws are long enough, I would think that using a plumbing washer like these would easily fix the ball hang-up. Not something I'd worry about at all.[quoted image]

The issue is the amount of space that would need to be added. Its not one or two washers worth... it needs like 1/8th of reduction and probably some more... and tgat much movement might have issues where the ball eject is. I still have to look.

#11609 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The issue is the amount of space that would need to be added. Its not one or two washers worth... it needs like 1/8th of reduction and probably some more... and tgat much movement might have issues where the ball eject is. I still have to look.

Slow down a little bud. My ACNC has those metal guides as well.

Day 1 unboxing the ball got stuck 1 time on it when Lazarus'ed up that lane gingerly.

I took the glass off and literally pushed the guide in with my hand a nudge and havent had that issue since in over 800 games.

Pretty sure we are speaking about the same parts and if so there is not much to adjusting it. Not a big issue.

#11610 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

really? a ball that has already drained, rarely gets stuck here (hell, put your game at the suggested 6.9 pitch and no problems), and can be freed with a simple and small nudge when/if it does happpen... is a "huge" problem?
dramatic much?
TLDR > you have an obvious agenda (as usual) and are making a mountain out of a molehill on this one.

I have an agenda? Yes... having the mule do its job. That's my agenda. You are the biggest cheerleader pinside has ever known... gtfo of here trying try paint others as biased. I'm sharing our experiences with the game as its been setup and put to work. Sorry its not all rainbows to you.

And 6.9 is not the recommended pitch in the materials provided with the game.

06123651-3A56-4131-A99E-00783AF1A09A (resized).jpeg06123651-3A56-4131-A99E-00783AF1A09A (resized).jpeg

And no, no small nudge freed the ball. Ball traps = unhappy players. Unhappy players dont feed it. I need the game earning... not making excuses.

#11611 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I have an agenda? Yes... having the mule do its job. That's my agenda. You are the biggest cheerleader pinside has ever known... gtfo of here trying try paint others as biased. I'm sharing our experiences with the game as its been setup and put to work. Sorry its not all rainbows to you.
And no, no small nudge freed the ball. Ball traps = unhappy players. Unhappy players dont feed it. I need the game earning... not making excuses.

They should just make the metal ear shorter at the factory

#11612 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

They should just make the metal ear shorter at the factory

They will.

Conversely, a guy should be able to figure out that a couple washers or

a small block of rubber and some double sided carpet tape will make this a non issue for at least the next 16 months...

I mean, he's really concerned about losing quarters. So, maybe he should drop a nickel on a quick fix?

#11613 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

[quoted image]

If it really bothers you I’m sure you could sell it for a profit. That would alleviate your stress and pad your wallet. Use the proceeds to buy a pinball you feel is better made. Just my 2 cents.

#11614 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

If it really bothers you I’m sure you could sell it for a profit. That would alleviate your stress and pad your wallet. Use the proceeds to buy a pinball you feel is better made. Just my 2 cents.

I'm guessing his irritation is that a situation like this shouldn't even exist in the first place.

But this seems to be how pinball from any manufacturer is for the most part. Small tweaks upfront at best, massive one's down the road at worst.

#11615 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm guessing his irritation is that a situation like this shouldn't even exist in the first place

That and all the remote experts convinced they have the solution (vs simply making suggestions) are failing to comprehend the dimensions in play. I would post photos with a ruler to show the scale.. but it would be seen as 'me wanting to be right' instead of them just accepting the facts. Reality is.. the tabs should be changed out or mod'd. They are just massively oversized and the tab shouldn't be in the ball path to start with.

#11616 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That and all the remote experts convinced they have the solution (vs simply making suggestions) are failing to comprehend the dimensions in play. I would post photos with a ruler to show the scale.. but it would be seen as 'me wanting to be right' instead of them just accepting the facts. Reality is.. the tabs should be changed out or mod'd. They are just massively oversized and the tab shouldn't be in the ball path to start with.

Have you contacted Luke/Spooky yet to see what they suggest for a solution? From what I'm gathering they've already acknowledged this is an issue on the first batch of games, so not sure what you're looking for here.

#11617 4 years ago

I heard for $279 you can get a new apron that unlocks(or would it be locks in this case) the ball hangup feature.

#11618 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I heard for $279 you can get a new apron that unlocks(or would it be locks in this case) the ball hangup feature.

...lights up with UV LEDs I hope?

#11619 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Have you contacted Luke/Spooky yet to see what they suggest for a solution? From what I'm gathering they've already acknowledged this is an issue on the first batch of games, so not sure what you're looking for here.

I was sharing my experiences with the game - that is all. You'd think with so few games out in the wild right now that would be interesting to people... you know.. the real world...

#11620 4 years ago

No one is dismissing it, it was already a known thing (somewhere in one of these threads) and they were addressing it. I would reach out to them privately regarding how they will handle yours.

#11621 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

[quoted image]

Mule?

#11622 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Those people at Stern... marketing geniuses! They now sell mods for Spooky!!

#11623 4 years ago

Hey fellas. Sorry about the stuck ball on the apron. We used the same apron/holder bracket combo on ACNC and i cannot remember any complaints. Probably due to ACNC being played a little over 7 degrees pitch. I think most RM are probably set a little less steep so maybe it happens more. We purchase them as a part made for multiple games. Was not seeing it on the floor but did see it mentioned here a few days ago. We are coming up with a solution just tossing around ideas for something simple. No worries guys

#11624 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey fellas. Sorry about the stuck ball on the apron. We used the same apron/holder bracket combo on ACNC and i cannot remember any complaints. Probably due to ACNC being played a little over 7 degrees pitch. I think most RM are probably set a little less steep so maybe it happens more. We purchase them as a part made for multiple games. Was not seeing it on the floor but did see it mentioned here a few days ago. We are coming up with a solution just tossing around ideas for something simple. No worries guys

Luke, you are a solid dude, and your frequent feedback here is always helpful as well as refreshing..!

#11625 4 years ago

When playing ACNC I always thought the tabs were there to guide the ball more towards the magnet save.

#11626 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

But but but we cant flame the shit out of each other all day long here if you send sane posts like this...

#11627 4 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

But but but we cant flame the shit out of each other all day long here if you send sane posts like this...

well no one knows about the problem if no one mentions it...

#11628 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Take it from the person actually in front of the game... not the one trying to play photo forensics and never seen the game. no

Open your eyes then

#11629 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

well no one knows about the problem if no one mentions it...

Exactly. Just because someone standing in front of a game doesn't see something the first time. Things stand out captured in photos. Just have to look and recognise. Sometimes twice.

Yes the apron metal is evidently stressed. Unless it is CGI Lol

#11630 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Exactly. Just because someone standing in front of a game doesn't see something the first time. Things stand out captured in photos. Just have to look and recognise. Sometimes twice.
Yes the apron metal is evidently stressed. Unless it is CGI Lol

Dude... it's the angle of the photo vs the slanted PF and apron. The apron is sitting just fine and square and not buckled anywhere.

#11631 4 years ago

Only had the game on location a few days, I have a list of “minor” things that are probably tweaks and setup things that could be improved. A few of them, are things that I shouldn’t have to mess with if the game is setup per spookys instructions included, but such is life.. flynnibus covered a few of them above.

The thing many of you probably don’t appreciate, is that many people that pay to play pinball aren’t nearly as familiar with it as we are. Not even close, especially with this title as it draws people in that may have never played before, but love the show and want to try.

A ball that appears stuck, they are afraid to do anything other than just push the flipper buttons. The bar staff doesn’t always know what to do other than turn the game off and call us. We educate them as best we can, but there is like 50% attrition in staff there.

Having a game like this that could fetch 10-15k on the secondary, being turned off is a huge huge huge problem for us operators.

I’ve personally experienced the ball get stuck on the edge of the playfield coming out of the trough into the shooter lane, and no matter what, couldn’t free it without opening the coin door and manually pushing the eject coil. Lowering the coil power helped, but who knows if that’s still happening. Every day we check on the game, someone has turned it off for something.

The BIGGEST thing that concerns me at the moment, was the aggressive and continuous ball search I experienced. One ball stuck in the u-turn lock, and the game running all coils constantly (no breaks) just continuous cycling of coils until I turned the game off. Hard to relax leaving the game on location alone, I worry some of these uninitiated would just walk away from a game in that state while it melts itself.

With 50+ other pieces at 6 locations, a new install going on right now, my family and my “normal” job.. I don’t have the time to sit around and play test all the time, get USB logs and email spooky with every little detail, for the most part i just need this shit to work.

#11632 4 years ago

I thought these early games were intentionally given to ops and sent to location first so that they could be better tested to get feedback to work out issues...

Quoted from knockerlover:

Only had the game on location a few days, I have a list of “minor” things that are probably tweaks and setup things that could be improved. A few of them, are things that I shouldn’t have to mess with if the game is setup per spookys instructions included, but such is life.. flynnibus covered a few of them above.
The thing many of you probably don’t appreciate, is that many people that pay to play pinball aren’t nearly as familiar with it as we are. Not even close, especially with this title as it draws people in that may have never played before, but love the show and want to try.
A ball that appears stuck, they are afraid to do anything other than just push the flipper buttons. The bar staff doesn’t always know what to do other than turn the game off and call us. We educate them as best we can, but there is like 50% attrition in staff there.
Having a game like this that could fetch 10-15k on the secondary, being turned off is a huge huge huge problem for us operators.
I’ve personally experienced the ball get stuck on the edge of the playfield coming out of the trough into the shooter lane, and no matter what, couldn’t free it without opening the coin door and manually pushing the eject coil. Lowering the coil power helped, but who knows if that’s still happening. Every day we check on the game, someone has turned it off for something.
The BIGGEST thing that concerns me at the moment, was the aggressive and continuous ball search I experienced. One ball stuck in the u-turn lock, and the game running all coils constantly (no breaks) just continuous cycling of coils until I turned the game off. Hard to relax leaving the game on location alone, I worry some of these uninitiated would just walk away from a game in that state while it melts itself.
With 50+ other pieces at 6 locations, a new install going on right now, my family and my “normal” job.. I don’t have the time to sit around and play test all the time, get USB logs and email spooky with every little detail, for the most part i just need this shit to work.

#11633 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I thought these early games were intentionally given to ops and sent to location first so that they could be better tested to get feedback to work out issues...

Old school location testing might have to come back!

Circa Bally/Williams

#11634 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Maybe that first batch of 30, but not us. We’re just grade A regular customer.

#11635 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Dude... it's the angle of the photo vs the slanted PF and apron. The apron is sitting just fine and square and not buckled anywhere.

BS. Don't you comprehend parallax? Lol

This guy, science

Think whatever you like buddy

#11636 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

BS. Don't you comprehend parallax? Lol
This guy, science
Think whatever you like buddy

I removed and inspected the apron, it isn’t stressed.. Luke has already confirmed above that this issue is confirmed and they are working on the solution.

#11637 4 years ago

I removed and inspected the apron, it isn’t stressed.. Luke has already confirmed above that this issue is confirmed and they are working on the solution.

Nothing a dremel cant sort out.

#11638 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Nothing a dremel cant sort out.

I’m not going to beat a dead horse.. doing a little tweak here and there for you at home might be “fun”.. as a business owner, I spent 8k on an amusement device with coin mechs and a Bill validator to make money. Not so I can fuck around with modding it to make it work..

Try and imagine what it would be like if you had 50+ games, being played by random people 15 hours a day. You’re busy enough as it is just trying to keep things running.

Others are saying the “biggest” complaint is the apron thing, I’m not trying to beat up spooky, because i like the company and people also, but I’m also trying to share an alternative experience from someone who isn’t a “paid sponsor” or lifetime fanboy or whatever.

I love the theme, I love the integration, I love the way the game looks, i love the music. but right now it’s a big fucking headache, and I don’t believe it’s ready to deal with all the edge cases a location deals with mechanically or in software. Hopefully next week I’ll have some time to report much of this to spooky more officially.

#11639 4 years ago

I removed and inspected the apron, it isn’t stressed.. .

Not once removed, I guess. I am assuming the slot in the apron is parallel?

The image shows it distorted when screwed in place (unless the slot is actually tapered?).

If the apron slot is tapered or an elipse shape, well that could also explain the clearly visible discrepancy in the hangup image above.

The piece of apron below the slot is not in the same line as the apron metal above. It can spring back when removed of course.

All I was pointing out is that the apron metal below the slot shows to be not in line with the apron metal above the slot in that pic. If it flexes back when apron is removed, great. But powdercoat won't stay intact on severely flexing metal for the long run. Same concern for me as bending shooter ramp wires willy nilly. What will the effect be on powdercoat in the longrun?

Looks like a simple issue to solve anyway. Just mentioned it for the benefit of the game owner. If they don't care that's fine, of course. What the image shows has now been highlighted. Continue

#11640 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Not once removed, I guess. I am ssuming the slot in the apron is parallel?
The image shows it distorted when screwed in place (unless the slot is actually tapered?).
If the apron slot is tapered or an elipse shape, well that could also explain the clearly visible discrepancyin the hangup image above.
The piece of apron below the slot is not in the same line as the apron metal above. It can spring back when removed of course.
All I said is that the apron metal below the slot shows to be not in line with the apron metal above the slot in that pic. If it flexes back when apron is removed, great. But powdercoat won't stay intact on severely flexing metal for the long run. Same concern for me as bending shooter ramp wires willy nilly. What will the effect be on powdercoat in the longrun?
Looks like a simple issue to solve anyway. Just mentioned it for the benefit of the game owner. If they don't care that's fine, of course. What the image shows has now been highlighted. Continue

Go up and read Lukes response about this issue above before commenting further would be my advice. Right now you’re just droning on about things that don’t make any sense.

#11641 4 years ago

Go up and read Lukes response about this issue above before commenting further would be my advice. Right now you’re just droning on about things that don’t make any sense.

I have read every post thoroughly. Nothing is covered about the apron being pulled back hard into the root of the clip.

However, some methods of solving the ball hang up will also correct this other issue. Who knows, maybe spooky intended it to be wedged in there tight to prevent any rattles from the awesome sound system!

#11642 4 years ago

It sounds like raising the levelers in the back a bit so the game is at 6.9 or 7.0 and you won’t have the hang up since the speed/gravity will get the ball over the hump. I’d take 2 minutes to do that.

#11643 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It sounds like raising the levelers in the back a bit so the game is at 6.9 or 7.0 and you won’t have the hang up since the speed/gravity will get the ball over the hump. I’d take 2 minutes to do that.

Spookys paper that comes with the game says to put the game at 6.5 degrees.. if i put it up any higher, counter clockwise shots through the u-turn are sure to go SDTM..

Anyway, lots of armchair ops and fanboys in here.. apologies for trying to share additonal perspective and insight. You boys carry on stroking each other now.. I’m out.

#11644 4 years ago

Wow just trying to help. I have no agenda. From the previous post by Luke they have the game set up around 7 in their shop (I know the paper says 6.5)
Well good luck, I won’t butt in.

Spookys paper that comes with the game says to put the game at 6.5 degrees.. if i put it up any higher, counter clockwise shots through the u-turn are sure to go SDTM..
Anyway, lots of armchair ops and fanboys in here.. apologies for trying to share additonal perspective and insight. You boys carry on stroking each other now.. I’m out.

#11645 4 years ago

Here is a picture of the back of that bracket from inside the apron on my Alice Cooper.
As you can see it's attached with three screws.
If you took the apron off and dremeled out those three screw holes a tiny bit so it could slide back towards the front of the machine a millimeter or two it would solve the problem.
This probably makes the most logical sense to me and would be the cleanest fix.

A more drastic yet equally effective approach might be to slightly bend the apron forward (wont have to be much, just a nudge).
That or bend the bracket that the apron mounts on with a pair a chanel locks (that would take like 5 seconds).

IMG_4952 (resized).jpgIMG_4952 (resized).jpg
#11646 4 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

When playing ACNC I always thought the tabs were there to guide the ball more towards the magnet save.

Me too!!!

#11647 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

That or bend the bracket that the apron mounts on with a pair a chanel locks (that would take like 5 seconds).

1/4" Strip Rubber, Exacto Knife and some tape, done.

#11648 4 years ago

I’m not going to beat a dead horse.. doing a little tweak here and there for you at home might be “fun”.. as a business owner, I spent 8k on an amusement device with coin mechs and a Bill validator to make money. Not so I can fuck around with modding it to make it work..
Try and imagine what it would be like if you had 50+ games, being played by random people 15 hours a day. You’re busy enough as it is just trying to keep things running.
Others are saying the “biggest” complaint is the apron thing, I’m not trying to beat up spooky, because i like the company and people also, but I’m also trying to share an alternative experience from someone who isn’t a “paid sponsor” or lifetime fanboy or whatever.
I love the theme, I love the integration, I love the way the game looks, i love the music. but right now it’s a big fucking headache, and I don’t believe it’s ready to deal with all the edge cases a location deals with mechanically or in software. Hopefully next week I’ll have some time to report much of this to spooky more officially.

50 items across six locations??!! 2 in one location was more than I could handle. I pulled them in less than 3 months. The money wasn’t there to justify the time.

#11649 4 years ago

sorry to hear this is your experience. I am not a sponsor, I am not paid, and I am a pinhead.

I also dont need to imagine what it is like to work 3 jobs and maintain 50+ games on route. That is my life also.

I fully understand the frustration to buy a game and expect it to just work right out of the box. That is 100% how it should be.

I give spooky some slack as they are constantly fixing, working with us hobby operators, and mostly because everything you are describing is extremely minor in both my opinion and my experience. From what I gather you are getting 2 stuck ball places and both can be fixed in under 15 min.

Pull the apron and place a washer or file a tab and that one evaporates.
Drop the scoop 1 washer of file the lip and that one disappears also.

What other issues are you having? If I can help, I happily will.

The game I route was #2 off the line and had some minor adjustments to make it play better for route. I expect some degree of this for every new game. I again, completely understand your frustration of things not working as expected when a game comes out of the box.

Compared to stranger thanks and JP I have spent 50% of the time on R&M as each of those. Combined, ST ramp is Fd and still no promised replacement from Stern. JP2 has posts snapped off in the pf and a weekly need to fix stuff that was poor design as the start. At least with spooky, we get very good support.

#11650 4 years ago

The ball launch stucks were happening On the piece of black foam in the shooter lane that i cant figure out why youd have there in the first place. Spookys resoonse was try turning the coil strength down... which resulted in the game just not attempting to serve balls at all (when just adjusting two steps) half the time which required rebooting the game.

Why is there foam which would wear down right in the shooter lane?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Trade
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 233 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/233?hl=davisjl1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.