20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 246.
#11451 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

And its very likely they may never make anymore.
I don't come to pinside to argue about what the future might be. I stumbled onto Rick and Morty very late to the party.
Its a great show, and looks to be a great pinball machine. I had the money for this pin, but I decided not to even try to get one. Now, I'm a bit upset at that decision of mine.
As the more I think of it the more I'd like to own it. But, it sold out so quickly. I doubt I would have been able to secure a place anyway.
That is what people should be focusing on. and 750... Not the rarest of machines out there. I think this machine should hold its value well for people. No doubt early flippers might make a small profit, or at least break even on taxes and shipping paid.
Lets just agree. That this is a cool pin, and lets also hope a few locations get it, for the ones of us who may never get the chance to own it.

Take a trip to Florida bud. I got you

#11452 4 years ago

I stopped by Pinball Life today to pick up some parts...and play Rick & Morty. Fun game! Congrats to those who got in on one. I can never judge whether I'll enjoy shots from just pics and videos. My takeaways after nine plays: Wow, that left ramp is tall - welcome to the third dimension. I could reliably loop with the upper flipper, but only hit the garage once. LOVE the lower pop bumper and the new 2.0 lock. The balcony on the house will be a great place for some aftermarket R&M figures to stand. Also: needs more slut dragons.

#11453 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

There is no argument. You don't get it. Go back and do some reading of reasons in the thread.
It aint going to happen bro. 100%

I do get it.
And I moved on. I'm keeping my posts positive. I don't get why all you guys want to hound people. When we're talking about a pinball machine. We all are excited about.

You all are focusing on a few sentences of something I wrote in one post.

MOVE ON!
I don't care.
If this is how you all want to treat people. Then I don't care about this machine. Sorry I thought this was a cool thread to be active on.

Game looks awesome. Theme is awesome, show is awesome.

#11454 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I do get it.
And I moved on. I'm keeping my posts positive. I don't get why all you guys want to hound people. When we're talking about a pinball machine. We all are excited about.
You all are focusing on a few sentences of something I wrote in one post.
MOVE ON!
I don't care.
If this is how you all want to treat people. Then I don't care about this machine. Sorry I thought this was a cool thread to be active on.
Game looks awesome. Theme is awesome, show is awesome.

Take a trip to Florida bud. I got you...

#11455 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Take a trip to Florida bud. I got you...

If I'm ever in Florida I might take you up on your offer. I'm a bit of a hermit and I don't like taking long trips.
Mainly because I hate flying, and I've been in so many severe car crashes that I really don't enjoy driving either.

I do wonder if there will be a Rick and Morty at the Midwest Gaming Classic this year. I should be going to that one.

I just hope it doesn't snow. Last two years it snowed that weekend. And 2 years ago it was so icy my brother lost control of his truck and we hit the concrete embankment on the side of the interstate. No one was injured, the truck was wrecked.
And it turned what should have been a fun day into crap.
And last year it just made my drive home a bit more white knuckled than I would prefer.
So I'd really like it to be NO SNOW!

Thanks for the invite again.

#11456 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

If I'm ever in Florida I might take you up on your offer. I'm a bit of a hermit and I don't like taking long trips.
Mainly because I hate flying, and I've been in so many severe car crashes that I really don't enjoy driving either.
I do wonder if there will be a Rick and Morty at the Midwest Gaming Classic this year. I should be going to that one.
I just hope it doesn't snow. Last two years it snowed that weekend. And 2 years ago it was so icy my brother lost control of his truck and we hit the concrete embankment on the side of the interstate. No one was injured, the truck was wrecked.
And it turned what should have been a fun day into crap.
And last year it just made my drive home a bit more white knuckled than I would prefer.
So I'd really like it to be NO SNOW!
Thanks for the invite again.

For sure. Its open.

Maybe head to TPF to see it in action

#11457 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

There is no argument. You don't get it. Go back and do some reading of reasons in the thread.
It aint going to happen bro. 100%

Agree. Not in this dimension anyway.

#11458 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

He said they would never.
I take people for their word.
When people break their word, I tend not to do business with them.
So at this point I believe making more (or going back on his word,) would be bad business

Spooky also said if you purchased prior games you would get priority on their new games. Spooky went back on their word already.

#11459 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

You could be right. But, sometimes companies will mislead you, or won't tell you the whole truth.
I don't always tell my fans or customers what comics will be coming next, or that I am working on. I like to keep somethings close to the vest. And its just smart that way, when you're an even bigger business. Why tell anyone any of your far off plans. It could hurt your future growth. Always focus on the now in regards to your fans and what you tell them. Telling them about the future, just means they might hold onto their money and wait, for a future that might never come.
Its simple business to me. If they can re license the theme and sell more of an existing asset that they already did the pre-production and development costs.
Then they would be silly to write it off.
They might not be able to. CN might never agree to that.
And maybe 3-4 years from now. Or 5. I'll be able to pick one up for a reasonable rate. Its all good.

Your clearly missed how for spooky this isn't just a random statement-- but a principle to them. Something they have donw with each of their in house titles and have stuck to it... and even strengthen their claim each time.

Your comments make sense if speaking generically- but not when talking about spooky's product plan and commitment to it.

#11460 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Spooky also said if you purchased prior games you would get priority on their new games. Spooky went back on their word already.

That wasn't a going forward commitment- just something they chose to do on several releases. Doing something isn't a promise to do it forever. They didn't change their promise on games they promised previous buyers access. They changed their model prior to RM and didn't promise prior buyers access to it.

#11461 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

You should read what you wrote, its stupid.

Since 100% of game sales were fang club members, 100% of these game sales get priority lol.

No one would have ever thought that it would sell out that fast. (i kinda did..#317 here!)

Their word is true. (C'mon August/September!!!!)

#11462 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

You should read what you wrote, its stupid.
Since 100% of game sales were fang club members, 100% of these game sales get priority lol.
No one would have ever thought that it would sell out that fast. (i kinda did..#317 here!)
Their word is true. (C'mon August/September!!!!)

I’m sorry if you lack the intelligence to understand what I wrote. Other posters above understood what was written even if they didn’t agree.

#11463 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That wasn't a going forward commitment- just something they chose to do on several releases. Doing something isn't a promise to do it forever. They didn't change their promise on games they promised previous buyers access. They changed their model prior to RM and didn't promise prior buyers access to it.

I was led to believe if I purchased a tna nib I would have priority access to future titles. That did not happen.

#11464 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I was led to believe if I purchased a tna nib I would have priority access to future titles. That did not happen.

You did have priority on future titles - Alice Cooper and you would've had priority on Rick and Morty but Spooky ended up having more previous customers than pinball machines they were going to make , so they had to change their system . Obviously you don't have the intelligence to understand that .

#11465 4 years ago

OK,boys,lets knock this off and whine elsewhere!!!

#11466 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Led to believe how specifically?

#11467 4 years ago

For the "priority access to future titles" thing to hold true, Spooky would have to guarantee that they'd make at least as many games as previous customers with every title. We know that after ACNC, they had over 750 previous customers. Let's say, just for the sake of argument, that with R&M half of their purchasers were "new". That would mean that they'd have to guarantee making at least 1125 of their next title. Follow that same general logic and the title after that is 1688....then 2531....then 3797....then 5695.....

All from a company that uses "bootique" in their company tag line.... And has never produced a run greater than R&M's 750.

You can start to see why they had to change their method to allowing supporters a good chance at a game. If you did what you needed by joining the fang club, and were excited enough to pull the trigger on the title, you got one. In the future, that may not be as easy if the title gets people equally as excited.

#11468 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

This.

I have an ACNC and I never once thought or assumed this to be true or the case for anyone else.

#11469 4 years ago

Depending on where you bought your previous ones, it is possible the distro told you that, which we know for certain did actually happen at at least one distro.

#11470 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Depending on where you bought your previous ones, it is possible the distro told you that, which we know for certain did actually happen at at least one distro.

Bought mine straight from Spooky. Never once heard that meant priority on future titles.

#11471 4 years ago

Simply a case of sentimentality being usurped by reality. Spooky was grateful for their early adopters, can't hold that against them.

But favoritism should never be allowed to degenerate into discrimination...

#11472 4 years ago

Played this a few times Sunday at Jackbar. Lots that's cool about it. The garage shot, however, is one of the worst design choices I've ever experienced.

#11473 4 years ago

This has been addressed before. I'm sure there are a few buyers out there who have bought every Spooky title. Yes, I'm sure those guys get prioritized and they should, but buying one game doesn't entitle anyone to anything. I bought ACNC, and I never once thought I would have priority access to R&M. I reached out to my distributor before the release to get all the details I could, planned, and when it launched I was ready. @estrader just keeps getting on the R&M threads to whine because he wasn't ready when the time came and he didn't get in.

#11474 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

This has been addressed before. I'm sure there are a few buyers out there who have bought every Spooky title. Yes, I'm sure those guys get prioritized and they should, but buying one game doesn't entitle anyone to anything. I bought ACNC, and I never once thought I would have priority access to R&M. I reached out to my distributor before the release to get all the details I could, planned, and when it launched I was ready. @estrader just keeps getting on the R&M threads to whine because he wasn't ready when the time came and he didn't get in.

What's the point of going through a distributor as opposed to straight through Spooky?

Unless a rare 3 hour sellout and you did it as a supply issue why not go straight to Spooky?

Are there advantages I am missing?

#11475 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

What's the point of going through a distributor as opposed to straight through Spooky?
Unless a rare 3 hour sellout and you did it as a supply issue why not go straight to Spooky?

Nah, not unless you want to support one you like. Which is a thing.

#11476 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

For the "priority access to future titles" thing to hold true, Spooky would have to guarantee that they'd make at least as many games as previous customers with every title

No, 'priority' does not mean 'ability to buy' - They could have just given first OPPORTUNITY to those past customers and still addressed any obligation. That's what was offered in the past when new titles were launched - buyers had the opportunity to pick matching numbers, etc. But offering that when you introduce the product is VERY different from making promises about future titles when selling the current title. To my knowledge, spooky never made promises about future titles when selling the current title.

#11477 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Location, to avoid shipping costs.

#11478 4 years ago

Last # to ship?

Hold on, I’ll do it for you guys-

“Is there an echo in here?”

#11479 4 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

Played this a few times Sunday at Jackbar. Lots that's cool about it. The garage shot, however, is one of the worst design choices I've ever experienced.

Maybe just play better?

#11480 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Last # to ship?
Hold on, I’ll do it for you guys-
“Is there an echo in here?”

When I called Spooky about something else on Monday, they said they are in the 50s now.

#11481 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Maybe just play better?

Flail harder!

(I swear im going to have t-shirts made with this on it. It cracks me up)

#11482 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

If anything, they would have said previous customers would be given priority. If you bought a membership to the Fang Club, you're a transacting customer. No issue.

#11483 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

People always hear what they want to hear.

#11484 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People always hear what they want to hear.

I only hear what i want to hear, and see what i want to see.

Its my super power.

#11485 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

For those of you who don't listen to our podcast, let's step back and explain some of this like we did on the show a few months ago.
Spooky has the "take care of those who take care of us" attitude and always offered game sales to previous customers first. When TnA took off and with ACNC right behind it being our #1 and #2 best sellers EVER, our customer base went from about 500 to OVER 1,200.
When you can basically make 500 games a year, that becomes a problem. Good problem, but still a problem.
So, we came up with the Fang Club for those who support us to have a way to be more of a part of all this. Help grow our company, get some cool stuff for your $45 including shipping membership, do special events, cool merch, get some great exclusive video content for you, AND HAVE FUN! Bang for the buck... and FUN!!! Good right?
And yes of course, you can add cool upgrades to games... NOT LEs... Not "standard vs pro vs collectors vs ..." ... whatever. We don't want to do that. Every game you get from us will play exactly the same. If you want to jazz it up some cosmetically, GREAT! We appreciate the support and are happy to do that. (Wait until you see this dimension in BUTTER!!!)
The Blood Sucker, or BS edition (funny initials huh?... kinda like TnA! These things might be on purpose.) is simply a cool upgrade package that we feel is going to give one hell of a bang for your buck and look incredible! Can't wait for you all to see it, and I can't say more yet.
So IF we get to 750 Fang Club members and 750 decide to take the BS edition... there will be 750 BS editions. GREAT! 750 happy people! If 100 BS versions exist and 650 are "just" Rick and Morty games... GREAT! You'll love playing that too. Scott Danesi is an awesome designer and you'll all be happy with what we've done here at team Spooky!
So is it possible we sell more Fang Club memberships than we have games? Sure! Hope it happens... come on in and lets see where this little company starting it's 7th year in business goes! We'll all share the ride and use the money to improve quality even more here and HAVE FUN DOING IT.
Reality is you HAVEN'T SEEN THE GAME YET! Many of you will love it... some of you will walk away... AND THAT'S FINE! It happens on every new game. We really hope 750 of you find this exactly what you hoped it would be from a Scott Danesi / Rick and Morty Pinball machine and it exceeds your expectations in every way. We've done our best to make sure it does!
Spooky's business model is 500 games a year... we're committing 18 months to make these 750 games because we feel that's about the limit of buyers patience to wait should this be a sell out. There's some honest reality.
We're happy, we're healthy, we're glad we have a game coming very soon that excites so many people. 750 units is 250 more than we've ever sold of any title. Big jump up, thrilled at the prospect of that happening.
PEACE (among worlds) LOVE AND ALL THINGS PINBALL... Charlie

#11486 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I connected with Joe at PinballStar when buying my ACNC. He was super helpful and a good guy to work with. I think as Spooky grows they probably need a little help on the distribution side. Spooky allocates games to distributors, so I've never understood the "just buy direct" argument. Yes, Spooky could probably make a little bit more money, but without distributors like PinballStar who helped Spooky in the early days, Spooky probably would have never made it. So distributors were key to Spooky when they started, and I think they will be key as they grow.

#11487 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I connected with Joe at PinballStar when buying my ACNC. He was super helpful and a good guy to work with. I think as Spooky grows they probably need a little help on the distribution side. Spooky allocates games to distributors, so I've never understood the "just buy direct" argument. Yes, Spooky could probably make a little bit more money, but without distributors like PinballStar who helped Spooky in the early days, Spooky probably would have never made it. So distributors were key to Spooky when they started, and I think they will be key as they grow.

There can also be tax and shipping differences between buying from a distributor or direct from Spooky. Trust me, I looked into it and where I could save some money, I did. Spooky still gets paid whether you buy from them or distributor. So its a win win. But if I had bought directly from Spooky (twice now), I would have paid about $1500 more total than what I will be paying through my distributor. And that is accurate, I've checked it multiple times.

#11488 4 years ago

What Spooky could do, is bring back Rick and Morty in 3-4 years, mid way through the new 70 episodes. They can re-theme domino's or jetsons, and make it the doofus rick dimension version where they eat poop! The whole game can revolve around becoming friends with Jerry while the other Ricks tease you relentlessly!

source.gifsource.gif
#11489 4 years ago

I think the next one the player should be Jerry....because at the end of the day, no matter how well you do, once you lose that last ball you're a LOSER.

#11490 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

There can also be tax and shipping differences between buying from a distributor or direct from Spooky. Trust me, I looked into it and where I could save some money, I did. Spooky still gets paid whether you buy from them or distributor. So its a win win. But if I had bought directly from Spooky (twice now), I would have paid about $1500 more total than what I will be paying through my distributor. And that is accurate, I've checked it multiple times.

Plus think about distributors taking games to shows to get exposure for Spooky. We all know it's a lot of work to move these things around, so distributors are definitely earning the keep. That's work the distributor is doing that Spooky really benefits from. I just think there are some good things that come out of the distributor relationships Spooky maintains.

#11491 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Plus think about distributors taking games to shows to get exposure for Spooky. We all know it's a lot of work to move these things around, so distributors are definitely earning the keep. That's work the distributor is doing that Spooky really benefits from. I just think there are some good things that come out of the distributor relationships Spooky maintains.

Thank you. I sincerely didnt know and I appreciate the knowledge

#11492 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Thank you. I sincerely didnt know and I appreciate the knowledge

Just sharing my perspective. I'm certainly no expert. I'm sure the distributors and manufactures could list plenty of reasons they work together that haven't even been mentioned.

#11493 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Just sharing my perspective. I'm certainly no expert. I'm sure the distributors and manufactures could list plenty of reasons they work together that haven't even been mentioned.

8EB9D8BF-8A38-498B-AA46-CD627E19D050 (resized).jpeg8EB9D8BF-8A38-498B-AA46-CD627E19D050 (resized).jpeg
#11494 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

no drama on the purchase procedure like site issues and cross border costs for me. Plus i'm pretty sure that although the website was sold out in however many hours the distributor i dealt with didnt sell out quite as fast... #216 based on discussions i had during my purchase...

#11495 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

When I called Spooky about something else on Monday, they said they are in the 50s now.

If true,then,at 40 pr month,seems they are behind by 40!! Somethings not right here!!!

#11496 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

If true,then,at 40 pr month,seems they are behind by 40!! Somethings not right here!!!

It's called Pinball manufacturing. Supplier issues, licencing issues, supplier issues, weather issues, supplier issues, work force issues, supplier issues, and of course supplier issues.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#11497 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

nah

this is the typical plan.
They build the first few batches which go out to routes and people that often are a great help for feedback.

They then have a brief 'pause' to ensure they incorporate all these things.

Then production tend to pick up.

They "average' 10 per week once things are running smooth.

I actually make a personal guess that we are going to see R&M coming off the line at more than 10 per week once all is running smoothly.
Spooky and Scott did many things on this game to streamline assembly and it will help on this back end of assembly a ton.

#11498 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I actually make a personal guess that we are going to see R&M coming off the line at more than 10 per week once all is running smoothly.

Yes . It's all about the " average " over the whole production of the pin .

#11499 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nah
this is the typical plan.
They build the first few batches which go out to routes and people that often are a great help for feedback.
They then have a brief 'pause' to ensure they incorporate all these things.
Then production tend to pick up.
Spooky and Scott did many things on this game to streamline assembly and it will help on this back end of assembly a ton.

Wait, are you trying to say I can't take "10 per week" or "40 per month" as gospel and pinpoint the precise minute I receive my game or make a "99 bottles of beer" type post every day with game counts? Huh...I guess that's why it's called an estimate.

#11500 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Wait, are you trying to say I can't take "10 per week" or "40 per month" as gospel and pinpoint the precise minute I receive my game or make a "99 bottles of beer" type post every day with game counts? Huh...I guess that's why it's called an estimate.

Totally get it's an estimate, but it would be nice to see the next wave of owners (after 40ish) report games arriving.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,500 (OBO)
Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/230?hl=rmarmol1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.