20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 246.
#11401 4 years ago

Does anyone know what the latest number to ship is?

#11402 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Try putting half a drop of super lube on the ends of a spinner and see what happens.
After you try this, you will do it to every game you own that has a spinner.[quoted image]

Could you use this lube on a pinball shooter rod with out any problems?

#11403 4 years ago
Quoted from Wheel_Jack:

Absolutely !

#11404 4 years ago
Quoted from Wheel_Jack:

Yes you could.
However, they have a couple different products though.
I use the oil (just a tiny dab, half a drop) on spinners.
https://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-51010-Oil/dp/B000BXOGHY/ref=sr_1_7

For shooter rods I use the grease.
https://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-92003-Lubricating-Translucent/dp/B0081JE0OO/ref=sr_1_5

This stuff is way better than stuff like white lithium grease and the other products I have tried.

#11405 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Yes you could.
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »
This stuff is way better than stuff like white lithium grease and the other products I have tried.

One thing I forgot to mention about the grease is this stuff does not dry up like white lithium grease and some other lubricants.
Things like white lithium grease tend to dry up over time and get tacky and become the opposite of lubrication.

#11406 4 years ago

Coming soon to a R&M pin near you

ACB88E6D-1C53-4006-963C-B8DD7A9FAE70 (resized).jpegACB88E6D-1C53-4006-963C-B8DD7A9FAE70 (resized).jpeg
#11407 4 years ago

just keep the thread alive. I received my custom R&M hinges from pinball life yesterday. dino did a fantastic job on these

#11408 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Yes you could.
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »

Anyone try this lube on the LOTR spinner?

#11409 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I tried it............oh on the spinner. Gotcha, nevermind
squanch (resized).pngsquanch (resized).png

#11410 4 years ago

I might start wearing this hat.

Screenshot_20200227-180443_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200227-180443_Chrome (resized).jpg
#11411 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

just keep the thread alive. I received my custom R&M hinges from pinball life yesterday. dino did a fantastic job on these

Great to see a picture if you get the chance .

#11412 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

This stuff is legit. Use it on all of my spinners. Had to increase the number of spins to qualify Erebor on my Hobbit but because it was too easy.

#11414 4 years ago

Before and after

20200222_175425 (resized).jpg20200222_175425 (resized).jpg20200222_180400 (resized).jpg20200222_180400 (resized).jpg
#11415 4 years ago

The dead eyes bother me.

#11416 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The dead eyes bother me.

Easy fix with a few little pieces of black electrical tape. Make sure there a shaped more like astericks vs circles if you want to be show accurate.

#11417 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Before and after[quoted image][quoted image]

Those look great! Thanks for the pictures

#11418 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

This stuff is legit. Use it on all of my spinners. Had to increase the number of spins to qualify Erebor on my Hobbit but because it was too easy.

I used a little bit of lube the Mini Me “spinner” when I had Austin Powers. Made that little f*cker FLY!!! Also used some on the Tommy spinner since it was really heavy & not very spinny. After a dab, it was awesome.

#11419 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I used a little bit of lube the Mini Me “spinner” when I had Austin Powers. Made that little f*cker FLY!!! Also used some on the Tommy spinner since it was really heavy & not very spinny. After a dab, it was awesome.

That lube works too well. I used a tiny bit on a Spinners CD and "I'll Be Around" and "One of a Kind Love Affair" play way too fast.

#11420 4 years ago

f**K Yeah. Those spooky ones were bleh. Now someone needs to come up with a way to fix the backbox exposed screw heads.

Screenshot 2020-02-28 15.36.54 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-02-28 15.36.54 (resized).png
#11421 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Yep, that’s it.
Give it a try and report back.
You will just start ripping spinners after you put just a dab on the ends.

Thanks for the firm recommendation! I've had people recommend that, and never followed through. Bought that and the lubricant you recommended for shooter rods too!

So the shooter rod grease just goes where the front, longer spring goes or the entire rod?

And the other spinner lube, just a dab on the ends or directly over the contact point for the spinner?

#11422 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Thanks for the firm recommendation! I've had people recommend that, and never followed through. Bought that and the lubricant you recommended for shooter rods too!
So the shooter rod grease just goes where the front, longer spring goes or the entire rod?
And the other spinner lube, just a dab on the ends or directly over the contact point for the spinner?

Shooter rod grease? Sounds like someone is trolling

#11423 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Shooter rod grease? Sounds like someone is trolling

I swear that was recommended in this or another thread.

Made sense to me, as the shooter rod in the Smaug I unpacked this last October feels...."dry", for lack of a better word, when being plunged.

#11424 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I swear that was recommended in this or another thread.
Made sense to me, as the shooter rod in the Smaug I unpacked this last October feels...."dry", for lack of a better word, when being plunged.

Someone suggested it but you shouldnt lube shooter rod. Disassemble and clean with isopropyl reassemble dry. That's it.

#11425 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Someone suggested it but you shouldnt lube shooter rod. Disassemble and clean with isopropyl reassemble dry. That's it.

Hmmm.

#11426 4 years ago

There’s nothing wrong with using a small bit of lubricant on manual plungers between the shooter rod and the sleeve.
Completely different concrept than coils and coil sleeves.

#11427 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Quoted from Coindork:

There’s nothing wrong with using a small bit of lubricant on manual plungers between the shooter rod and the sleeve.

This was all I could really find on here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shooter-rod-not-moving-smoothly#post-485992

#11428 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Yes there is. Shouldnt need it. Will just attract dirt.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-lubricate-your-shooter-rod

#11429 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Dirty shooter rod! ... spreading Grime and Crap onto Players hands ....

No, lubricant on shooter rod is exactly the same concept as why you don't do it with coils and coil sleeves. Then some.

Rods .... They become gummy and sticky in no time with wet lubricants, coil or no coil.

#11430 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Dirty shooter rod! ... spreading Grime and Crap onto Players hands ....
No lubricant on shooter rod is exactly the same concept as why you don't do it with coils and coil sleeves. Then some.
Rods .... They become gummy and sticky in no time with wet lubricants, coil or no coil.

Dry lube on shooter rods.

Something like tri-lube or a dry silicone/ptfe spray.

Works good won't gum up.

#11431 4 years ago

I just googled that.......

#11434 4 years ago

The last number to ship will likely be 749.

Thank you, ill be here all internet.

#11435 4 years ago

Well. I laughed so much during the pickle rick modes when I watched the streams of gameplay, that I decided to buy seasons 1-3 on bluray.
And in just 2 days I watched all of season 1.

WOW!!!

That is one funny show. Can't wait to watch the rest of it.
Now, I am bummed that I'll never be able to own this pin.
Because, I think the layout is awesome, and I like the theme integration, and I love the concept of magna saves and this one I think might be the best concept to date for one.

Real homerun I think for Spooky.

#11436 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I am bummed that I'll never be able to own this pin.

Never say never.

There will be opportunities for people. If you are serious, just start saving and maybe put out some feelers. Lots can happen to affect someone's ability to complete the purchase in the next 18 months. And I am sure more than a few people will get theirs and decide they want the next hot pin.

Patience. Hopefully you will be able to find one or two to play in the wild to tide you over.

#11437 4 years ago

Yep, there's much less Aliens out there and they readily come up for sale if you are willing to pay.

#11438 4 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

The last number to ship will likely be 749.
Thank you, ill be here all internet.

52FACB5A-FDA4-4AE8-9C35-340783FF2C22.gif52FACB5A-FDA4-4AE8-9C35-340783FF2C22.gif
#11439 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Never say never.
There will be opportunities for people. If you are serious, just start saving and maybe put out some feelers. Lots can happen to affect someone's ability to complete the purchase in the next 18 months. And I am sure more than a few people will get theirs and decide they want the next hot pin.
Patience. Hopefully you will be able to find one or two to play in the wild to tide you over.

Yeah... But, it'll cost me. And I don't believe in paying extra now just to get the privilege of buying. This is a solid pin for a fair price.

But, I'm not interested in paying 1k, 2k,3k just to have the privilege of then buying it. I could get a fun gottlieb beater for that price(no place to put it in my home, but my brother might enjoy one).
We'll see how it goes on teh secondary market.

Hell... With a slam dunk homerun touchdown that this has been for spooky... They might bring it back in 2-3 years. Never say never.

#11440 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Yeah... But, it'll cost me. And I don't believe in paying extra now just to get the privilege of buying. This is a solid pin for a fair price.
But, I'm not interested in paying 1k, 2k,3k just to have the privilege of then buying it. I could get a fun gottlieb beater for that price(no place to put it in my home, but my brother might enjoy one).
We'll see how it goes on teh secondary market.
Hell... With a slam dunk homerun touchdown that this has been for spooky... They might bring it back in 2-3 years. Never say never.

Never. Just like Charlie said.

#11441 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

They might bring it back in 2-3 years. Never say never.

I’ll say it. Never.

#11442 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

They might bring it back in 2-3 years. Never say never.

What's with all the hope and dreams people have that more are going to be made? I just don't get it. What don't people understand that 750 and that's it. Spooky said if they made more Rick and Morty pins it would be a totally different machine from top to bottom. So you say never say never. Well Spooky already said Never ever will we make more than 750 ever... ever.... ever...

#11443 4 years ago

I have it on good authority from either tinkles or sleepy Gary, I can’t remember which... that spooky will do at least 100 more runs of 750 machines.

#11444 4 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

I have it on good authority from either tinkles or sleepy Gary, I can’t remember which... that spooky will do at least 100 more runs of 750 machines.

Sure it wasn’t simple rick? They just replay the same 750 machines being built over and over again.

#11445 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

What's with all the hope and dreams people have that more are going to be made? I just don't get it. What don't people understand that 750 and that's it. Spooky said if they made more Rick and Morty pins it would be a totally different machine from top to bottom. So you say never say never. Well Spooky already said Never ever will we make more than 750 ever... ever.... ever...

sooo..you're saying there's a chance....

#11446 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

You could be right. But, sometimes companies will mislead you, or won't tell you the whole truth.
I don't always tell my fans or customers what comics will be coming next, or that I am working on. I like to keep somethings close to the vest. And its just smart that way, when you're an even bigger business. Why tell anyone any of your far off plans. It could hurt your future growth. Always focus on the now in regards to your fans and what you tell them. Telling them about the future, just means they might hold onto their money and wait, for a future that might never come.

Its simple business to me. If they can re license the theme and sell more of an existing asset that they already did the pre-production and development costs.
Then they would be silly to write it off.

They might not be able to. CN might never agree to that.

And maybe 3-4 years from now. Or 5. I'll be able to pick one up for a reasonable rate. Its all good.

#11447 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

You could be right. But, sometimes companies will mislead you, or won't tell you the whole truth.
I don't always tell my fans or customers what comics will be coming next, or that I am working on. I like to keep somethings close to the vest. And its just smart that way, when you're an even bigger business. Why tell anyone any of your far off plans. It could hurt your future growth. Always focus on the now in regards to your fans and what you tell them. Telling them about the future, just means they might hold onto their money and wait, for a future that might never come.
Its simple business to me. If they can re license the theme and sell more of an existing asset that they already did the pre-production and development costs.
Then they would be silly to write it off.
They might not be able to. CN might never agree to that.
And maybe 3-4 years from now. Or 5. I'll be able to pick one up for a reasonable rate. Its all good.

He said they would never.

I take people for their word.

When people break their word, I tend not to do business with them.

So at this point I believe making more (or going back on his word,) would be bad business

#11448 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

So at this point I believe making more (or going back on his word,) would be bad business

Is he assuming all pinball companies have the questionable principles of Stern ...

#11449 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

And its very likely they may never make anymore.

I don't come to pinside to argue about what the future might be. I stumbled onto Rick and Morty very late to the party.
Its a great show, and looks to be a great pinball machine. I had the money for this pin, but I decided not to even try to get one. Now, I'm a bit upset at that decision of mine.
As the more I think of it the more I'd like to own it. But, it sold out so quickly. I doubt I would have been able to secure a place anyway.

That is what people should be focusing on. and 750... Not the rarest of machines out there. I think this machine should hold its value well for people. No doubt early flippers might make a small profit, or at least break even on taxes and shipping paid.

Lets just agree. That this is a cool pin, and lets also hope a few locations get it, for the ones of us who may never get the chance to own it.

#11450 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

And its very likely they may never make anymore.
I don't come to pinside to argue about what the future might be. I stumbled onto Rick and Morty very late to the party.
Its a great show, and looks to be a great pinball machine. I had the money for this pin, but I decided not to even try to get one. Now, I'm a bit upset at that decision of mine.
As the more I think of it the more I'd like to own it. But, it sold out so quickly. I doubt I would have been able to secure a place anyway.
That is what people should be focusing on. and 750... Not the rarest of machines out there. I think this machine should hold its value well for people. No doubt early flippers might make a small profit, or at least break even on taxes and shipping paid.
Lets just agree. That this is a cool pin, and lets also hope a few locations get it, for the ones of us who may never get the chance to own it.

There is no argument. You don't get it. Go back and do some reading of reasons in the thread.

It aint going to happen bro. 100%

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 300.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
Decals
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/229?hl=jenniebear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.