20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 246.
#11351 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Can you please elaborate?

He would like to have one someday, missed out, and plans to vaguely y’all it down in hopes he will find a deal.

#11352 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

He would like to have one someday, missed out, and plans to vaguely y’all it down in hopes he will find a deal.

Bet he's only wearing one shirt, too.

#11353 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

But that's 2010. Maybe they've had a 5x population explosion since then

Just in the last few months .... since becoming the home of R&M Pinball!

#11354 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Left inner loop was slow/clunky if we nailed it... but the spinner was causing outright rejects. And the right upper turn about passage also wasn’t smooth. It clunked and slowed.

I say concerns because I think the game could have been set up better. If it were in my home, I would have pitched the Playfield way more... and would have had the coil power on the pop, sling, and flippers cranked. So these geometry issues could disappear if tuned properly... possibly... it’s really hard to say.

That said, this game has only been at this location for a few days and that’s the feedback it gave.

I still liked what I saw... I think it’s a game that potentially could be awesome and fast in the home and I wish I could have had a shot at tuning up the copy we played. But, if those two shots aren’t tunable... well... could lead to a lot of frustration (especially that spinner that was actively slowing down and rejecting some decent shots).

#11355 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Played RM today. Fun game... hope to have one in my collection at some point... a few geometry concerns.
For those of you chomping at the bit and considering paying a flipper’s premium to get a spot. I advise you to wait and play the game before you give someone a heap of cash to buy out their down payment.
I could be wrong, and no disrespect to anyone... But after playing, I think the flippers’ market is going to fall apart in a month or two. For several reasons, that’s my gut call.
Overall, nice work by Scott D. I’ve loved owning my TNA, and can see how RM could be solid in a home environment where the game can be tuned up and dialed in.

Yeah I need more info than that. I've played 2 R&M's now and don't have any geometry concerns. The game is super fun!

#11356 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

The inner loop is a tight shot. When you hit it well it zips through it as planned. But the entrance is a little more narrow that a lot of side loops and if it rattles around at that point the spinner sure won't help it make it through the loop. I suspect a little tweaking of the entrance and making sure the spinner is balanced (maybe a touch of dry lube) will make this shot a little more forgiving. The right ramp can be backhanded then right to the scoop so that feels good. Left ramp also flows well if you nail it and is quite satisfying. Scoop never shot the ball STDM which was great.

The leftmost shot to the garage is tough but so is TSPP treehouse shot... thankfully you have the right loop to also get to the garage but it has to have some "oomph" or is will return via the inner loop.

I think it's a perfect home game but maybe a little tough for casuals on location. Kicked my ass pretty good but I loved the shots and the challenge. Feels good when you get something going.

Can't wait!

#11357 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Played RM today. Fun game... hope to have one in my collection at some point... a few geometry concerns.
For those of you chomping at the bit and considering paying a flipper’s premium to get a spot. I advise you to wait and play the game before you give someone a heap of cash to buy out their down payment.
I could be wrong, and no disrespect to anyone... But after playing, I think the flippers’ market is going to fall apart in a month or two. For several reasons, that’s my gut call.
Overall, nice work by Scott D. I’ve loved owning my TNA, and can see how RM could be solid in a home environment where the game can be tuned up and dialed in.

Without elaborating for the chance at a potential discussion I would have to say that's the politest FU I've heard all day.

#11358 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Left inner loop was slow/clunky if we nailed it... but the spinner was causing outright rejects. And the right upper turn about passage also wasn’t smooth. It clunked and slowed.

Try putting half a drop of super lube on the ends of a spinner and see what happens.
After you try this, you will do it to every game you own that has a spinner.

BC172AB2-B5D6-4C9F-8264-95C03934A159 (resized).jpegBC172AB2-B5D6-4C9F-8264-95C03934A159 (resized).jpeg
#11359 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Looks like some challenging action from the vids, Its no MB thats for sure, MB was a snoozefest for me.

Its ok though, I seem to like some challenge in a home game.

My AFMr loves to kick peoples ass, so does my DW and Houdini. I love all of these games!

#11360 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Try putting half a drop of super lube on the ends of a spinner and see what happens.
After you try this, you will do it to every game you own that has a spinner.[quoted image]

that stuff is magical! I use it all over the place. Just a tiny drop is all it takes.
My TH spinner goes to erebor on one hit lol.

#11361 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Looks like some challenging action from the vids, Its no MB thats for sure, MB was a snoozefest for me.
My AFMr loves to kick peoples ass, so does my DW and Houdini. I love all of these games!

I personally hope it's much harder than Houdini.

#11362 4 years ago

that stuff is magical! I use it all over the place. Just a tiny drop is all it takes.
My TH spinner goes to erebor on one hit lol.

Yeah, it’s pretty awesome stuff and it really doesn’t take much at all.

#11363 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

After you try this, you will do it to every game you own that has a spinner.[quoted image]

Is that this stuff? Been meaning to pick some up....

Synthetic PTFE Precision Oiler, 7mL https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BXOGHY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_6KEuEb868Q7N8

#11364 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Is that this stuff? Been meaning to pick some up....
Synthetic PTFE Precision Oiler, 7mL amazon.com link »

Yep, that’s it.
Give it a try and report back.

You will just start ripping spinners after you put just a dab on the ends.

#11365 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

You really dont. Before they announced I was hoping it would be an Army of Darkness theme. RaM blows that or anything else I can think of out of the water.

As someone that ordered a R&M I would love an Evil Dead theme soooooo much.

#11366 4 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

As someone that ordered a R&M I would love an Evil Dead theme soooooo much.

I'd be equally tickled with the futurama mentioned by others however I feel Army of Darkness is a good theme for spooky and their tastes.

If people are half as happy with their RaMs and they hold up like my ACNC or better than I have a feeling Spooky will be selling out any good or better theme anyway.

#11367 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

With all do respect Hilton fuck off. 27dnast is entitled to his opinion and you should go back to the owners thread and continue to cheerlead over there. God forbid someone who played it comes here and says anything negative. It's not like he trashed the game and said it was a piece of shit. He was respectful of Spooky and Scott and gave his honest opinion after playing the game yet you want to chase away anyone who has some concerns.

The owners thread is open so you have no business being over here anymore acting like a thread moderator. You bitched when the owners thread wasn't open yet you are still over here after it is. Yesterday when the operator posted about not getting a low number you told him to take that shit over here and it's not for the owners thread. So do us a favor and stay the fuck out of this one.

#11368 4 years ago

Yeah, for sure. Challenge factor is definitely there, which is great.

#11369 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

With all do respect Hilton fuck off.
The owners thread is open so you have no business being over here anymore acting like a thread moderator. So do us a favor and stay the fuck out of this one.

Wow. You seem like a real treat.
Acting like a thread moderator? Sounds familiar.

#11370 4 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

Wow. You seem like a real treat.
Acting like a thread moderator? Sounds familiar.

I did say with all due respect. Sorry but people who play the game should be able to come here and post their honest opinion without being told they are lying just to drag down the price so they can get one someday. He wasn't even negative towards the machine and just voiced some of his concerns.

#11371 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

I did say with all due respect. Sorry but people who play the game should be able to come here and post their honest opinion without being told they are lying just to drag down the price so they can get one someday.

Your second statement was completely dismissed the moment you harshly told him to fuck off. "With all due respect Hilton I think you're slightly out of line," would certainly have come off as more sincere.

I cant say with all due respect fuck you and expect you to constructively listen to what I say next...

#11372 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Your second statement was completely dismissed the moment you harshly told him to fuck off. "With all due respect Hilton I think you're slightly out of line," would certainly have come off as more sincere.
I cant say with all due respect fuck you and expect you to constructively listen to what I say next...

Lighten up Francis. It was a nod to Talladega Nights.

#11373 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Lighten up Francis. It was a nod to Talladega Nights.

Real obvious Talladega Nights reference there.

Judging by reception it was clesrly one of the more memorable quotes.

#11374 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Real obvious Talladega Nights reference there.
Judging by reception it was clesrly one of the more memorable quotes.

Thanks and glad we are in agreement.

#11375 4 years ago

Is that quoting sarcasm with a reply of sarcasm?

#11376 4 years ago

THANK YOU BABY JESUS! BLRRRGGHP!

Fun random fact: Over the years I've been told I look a bit like Will Ferrell. When Talledega Nights came out, I had my hair cut pretty similar to how his was cut. I was traveling the country at the time and many people asked if I was related or a look alike. Many of my friends started calling me Ricky Bobbie...in Vegas I had random strangers yelling Hey Ricky Bobbie! at me out of nowhere. To top it off, my last name is Ferrell. Unfortunately, my father assures me we aren't related to him. For the record, I personally do not think I look like Will Ferrell. I also am not nearly as funny. I also can't drum, so I can't even join the Will/Chad drum offs unfortunately. I'm told I look more like him than Chad. We also had matching hair when Semi Pro came out....strictly coincidence.

#11378 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

But that's 2010. Maybe they've had a 5x population explosion since then

Benton WI is your typical small town where the population never changes.

Girl gets pregnant....guy leaves town.

#11379 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Holy shit that was brutal

#11380 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Sounds like a smaller version of Farmington MN.

#11381 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Holy shit that was brutal

That's better than the neighboring New Diggings WI.

Girl gets pregnant....3 guys leave town.

Charlie gave my wife and I a tour one time. Took seven minutes....three to drive there, one for the tour and three to drive back to Benton.

#11382 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

That's better than the neighboring New Diggings WI.
Girl gets pregnant....3 guys leave town.
Charlie gave my wife and I a tour one time. Took seven minutes....three to drive there, one for the tour and three to drive back to Benton.

How did three dudes get one chick pregnant ?

#11383 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

It's a bit like Russian Roulette.

#11384 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Just Google it Jay and enjoy the results...

#11385 4 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Oh my!

#11386 4 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

He just created a new bookmark.

#11387 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Geometry, Jay.

#11388 4 years ago

Multiball

#11389 4 years ago

Not just any multiball .... 6 ball multiball

#11390 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Not just any multiball .... 6 ball multiball

Lance Armstrong just ran off to cry in the shower.

#11391 4 years ago

*Or maybe 5 ball multiball ? Lol

#11392 4 years ago

Sorry for everyone that has to scroll past this . Put all my thoughts down and it got out of hand.

My Rick and Morty Pinball Adventure

Traveled from NE PA to Williamsburg Brooklyn to play Rick and Morty on Saturday.

Stopped half way into work for the Pinburgh F5 championships. Victory!

Hit the gas hard (100mph-oops) to catch the 12:23 train out of Morristown NJ.

One diner burger and subway ride later, i arrived at Jackbar NYC.

Jackbar has amassed a pinball collection to rival almost any available alternative (move over sunshine!) and has quickly become my preferred place to play in the area. Great beer and drink selection and playing pinball is comfortable. The freshly shopped Rollergames plays fantastic. The owner is the day bartender and pinball tech.

"Hi Jon , hit me up with a Sweetwater 420 and a pile of ONES, it's time to jump dimensions and get into some RICK AND MORTY PINBALL MUTHA-F*CKERS! " <embellished for effect>

THE REVIEW

**DISCLAIMER -this is a review of one game on location, I assume set up to play tough (steep) , providing fun in conjunction with great challenge to the best players in NYC who play in tournaments (at jackbar) or frequent this establishment. This review is specific to one machine, played multiple times (20+) over the course of the day and night.**

I played games mostly in 4 player groups and a couple solo.

Rick and Morty Bloodsucker #26

Plunge :

Plunge is important on this game. Specifically because of the current value of the Super Skill shot (400k) . For the first couple of games that i played , anybody who got 3 super-skill shots would have easily won the game. Seemingly, a score imbalance ; unless players were able to get a mode or multi-ball started. Some plunges, including auto-plunges, go around into the "turnaround shot" (next to right ramp) and SDTM. "F*ck" . The rare "plunge into a SDTM , followed by auto-plunge SDTM" is possible. With a tight tilt, you could carefully nudge your way out , but you learn the hard way and beginners aren't going to know any better.

I hit plenty of of super skill shots and they didn't seem all that difficult if you could get enough power on the shot. I don't remember hitting the target on the left ramp (cant remember the name of target) or intentionally going for it on the plunge. When super-skill was not active , i was going for the spinner loop , which appeared rejecty (it's word now!) at first ; but proved to be a nice quick flow shot when shot correctly. Repeating spinner loops , eh, not much of that.

Now that the excitement of the plunge has been exhausted lets move onto ...

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

The plunge basically forces initial gameplay into a situation which puts your chances of survival into immediate peril. The dreaded side-to-side ball action ... friend only to hungry drains, a hyper-sling, and the maniacally placed, "in-your-face" pop bumper . At least you have SLAM SAVE. Getting a ball under control was a chore in itself. Everything was functioning properly on the game. A lot of flailing to start, followed by some quick drains, was not all that uncommon to see. This is a game where you have to learn your shots and also learn how to deal with where the game is sending the ball when you are out of control. Focusing on magna-save (and the mere existence of it) early is advised .

Light shows are awesome as usual.

The ship toy is fairly impressive in person . The shaking is cool and the 2 shadows of Rick and Morty are awesome.

Topper is really cool too. It spins and lights when portal is ready. Can't really see the front when the back lights are going off is the only complaint.

Okay , so you finally get control ...what do you shoot?

Left Flipper - it's the place you want to be. Oh , lets see , one could shoot ...

1. Backhand to left drop target or u-turn or lock - triple threat
2. Center Scoop- (can be lit for a mode or multiball or mystery) for some reason i kept screaming for ROBOCOP! (it's in there)
3. Right drop target or u-turn or lock (mode shot or meeseeks / mega seed)
4. The often-ignored FLOOBLE CRANK (lights locks and cranks the magna save battery)
5. Right Ramp - feeds right flipper(lights modes)
6. Right u-turn loop (mode shot or meeseeks / mega seed)
7. Right loop, u-turn / back door garage shot (mode shot or meeseeks / mega seed)
8. Megaseeds - add meeseeks
9-13. Backhand the pop bumper, shatz right inlane (slam letter, future mode shots?), roll up the flipper backhand hit Jerry , Summer or Beth targets.
With this design crew , i am not so sure these shots are as crazy as they sound .

Right Flipper - not the worst place to be

1. Backhand right ramp - feeds right flipper (didn't seem possible on this one - steep) (lite mode at scoop, mode shot or meeseeks / mega seed)
2. Flooble! Crank it up! (wrong game) (lights locks and cranks the magna save battery)
3. Right drop target, u-turn or lock (mode shot or meeseeks / mega seed)
4. Center Scoop (can be lit for a mode or multiball or mystery)
5. Left drop target, u-turn or lock (mode shot or meeseeks / mega seed)
6. Left Ramp - feeds upper flipper (lite mode at scoop, mode shot or meeseeks / mega seed)
7-9. Jerry! Summer! Beth! Targets! (mode shots and??)
10. Shoot the pop bumper! - maybe there's a pop bumper frenzy mode or dimension that will tempt you do do this. Make the pop bumper sound a fart and i'm in! (mode shots, i think)
11. Shatz the left inlane into the scoop - i dare you to make me try this - left or right inlane hurry-up! (slam letter, future mode shots?)

Upper flipper

1. Spinner loop - gotta hit t clean - repeatable , in the Bowen Elwin dimension only (extra ball , charge portal gun , mode shot or mseeks / mega seed)
2. That target - forgot what it does
3. Garage - Front - (portal ready - change dimensions , super jackpot, mode shot or meeseeks / mega seed)
4. Other shots possible -drop targets , scoop , flooble , jerry , summer and beth targets

ACTION

The action was fast and furious on this game and getting control was a bit of an issue . some of the tried and true methods sent the ball into the dangerous pop bumper which would kick to an equally dangerous sling. Nothing beyond lighting a mode and getting the ball into the scoop, left any time to admire the amazing screen graphics featuring our heroes. Probably would have been a good idea to trap the ball and look up at the screen and get some guidance during the time of rest. When modes start , there are some general instructions as to what to shoot for in addition to the blinky lights.it was a but difficult to hear the rick taunting in the bar environment. I do remember a player saying "did he just call me a &*%$#^%" .

I was able to change dimension several times , but unless you already know the game , you have to look up to the screen to see where you have arrived. As much as i appreciate the utlra-fast scoop returns on this game, it would be nice to have time to read about what dimension you popped into or even look at the screen. Again , there may have been sound cues that weren't audible. I enjoy a little stop and go if there are quality animations to watch. I never get sick of the TREX multi-ball intro, for instance. I don't expect that to happen on this game (maybe as an option) . it seems speciofically designed to make the dimension change quick) Hope there is a "Shake it up" dimension , featuring the shaker and some Rick & Morty Callouts. Like a dance party with shaking?

There's is no "flailing your way" to anything substantial on this game in it's current form. There is not much to do in the start if you don't hit a ramp or the flooble crank . None of those shots are easily hit by accident. What you will see from new players is a ton of shots to the scoop and the 2 targets or through the u-turn. The scoop was feeding to the spot on the right flipper that would naturally shoot back to the scoop or left drop target if you shot on the fly. Dead bouncing was lively and making for more problems. I hit many scoops by accident in a row or at times when it wasn't lit for anything. I hope there's some taunting for that! I like difficult games , but i do worry about non-competitive players having fun on this game.maybe one less adventure filled in at start and a mode lit without ramp at game start would help.

Ramps were smooth and fun to shoot . The left ramp was a bit steep and hard to get every time. Danesi lock 2.0 is a winner . The mech performs amazingly efficient and flawless. Be it a drop target or lock or u-turn , i found it fun to shoot for any condition. I'm not sure if there are rules for hitting the u-turn repeatedly , but it seems like a fun area to explore. Shots returning from the targets , u-turn scoop etc , seemed to naturally return there from on-the-fly flipping. Right u-turn loop was really fun to shoot . I love the way it flows to the upper flipper.

MAGNASAVE will, pull your ball out of the outlane! Don't forget about it. Most players didn't even use it or know about it. It's a thing you have to keep focus on to use because there isn't any time to think.

SUMMARY: didn't intend to type so much above, but it is what it is. Destined to be forgotten in the short memory of internet game reviews.

Rick and Morty (as of early game launch and played on a brutal steep set up) is a unique and fun game to play . It has fast action that forces you to remain focused and attentive. How much fun you have relies on a knowledge of the game rules and the Rick and Morty universe. I'm not sure if they have a game tutorial in the works for attract mode (maybe they already have it) but i would appreciate it for sure. Even it only explained a couple of things, like video game load screens do. Explain one dimension every so often etc.

I had a lot of bad games trying to learn the shots and get familiar with the ball feeds. Some games were not fun at all . Some games were an adrenaline-pumping great time . I can see some players not wanting to put in the time to learn the game. There were many player tears to be harvested. Top score 7mil.

This game is perfect for the home collection, due to the unique layout and the many awesome rules of dimension changes and multiple modes . The combination of modes and dimensions stacked with a multiball should lead to an almost infinite combination of unique gameplay situations. Meanwhile Meeseek mutipliers are degrading into divisors and megaseeds are waiting to be harvested for a juicy bonus! Break out your thinking caps, this is no "shoot the same shot over and over to build towards a mode or hurry up" type of game. You are shooting all over the playfield , if you can last long enough to do so. A tight tilt is too brutal for this game.

Sorry, no traditional flow. One could argue left ramp to spinner loop to garage (fast feed to left flipper) to right ramp to scoop (maybe) would be an awesome combo; but not the traditional smooth flow some people tend to revere. The pop bumper can send the ball almost anywhere, which results in an exclusive manic gameplay experience that is perfect for the theme. One too many screw turns and you're dead.

Cheers to Spooky pinball . You have assembled an awesome team of game designers , rules experts and support staff. This is a game to be proud of and I appreciate the level of detail you have committed to this game and the ones that preceded it. Keep that in mind when reading what follows .

**DISCLAIMER -this is a review of one game on location, I assume set up to play tough (steep) , providing fun in conjunction with great challenge to the best players in NYC who play in tournaments (at jackbar) or frequent this establishment. This review is specific to one machine, played multiple times (20+) over the course of the day and night.**

THE BAD:

Multiple instances of game-ending software / hardware events.

1. Had a nice game of close to 6 million going, started my 2nd multiball and ....RESET
2. Started 3 player game, launched ball and .. flippers died , ball drained . Gameplay stalled . Flippers returned , but no ball served.
3. At least one instance of game not returning from a tilt (didn't happen to me)

Previously mentioned ball launch to inner u-turn loop to SDTM
Ball stuck on upper switch on launch (happened only once that i know of ) switch too high
No easy achievements for beginners
Early gameplay scoop shots and target shots tend to return to same area with nothing rewarded or advanced.
Nothing tempts me to shoot the side targets . Maybe Jerry screams in pain if i shoot him . That i would love.

These were my observations and unfortunately i could not heart the sounds , so maybe there are some worthy taunts that accompany the situation of shooting the ball repeatedly to the same area and getting nothing . That would make it awesome instead of bad.

Probably the most impressive thing i did was leave at 8:40 pm , walk fast to subway , catch the train within a minute , transfer to another train , came within 3 minutes , run through Penn station (huffing and puffing) and ultimately catch the 9:11 pm train back. From Brooklyn streets to the train seat in 31 minutes. I almost perished. I did it all for ................

Rick and Morty Pinball

The best pinball machine in earth dimension C-137.

TLDR: Rick and Morty review , too many words , likes it , has some criticisms and desires, kissed spooky ass , can't run a few blocks without getting winded.

#11393 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Sorry for everyone that has to scroll past this . Put all my thoughts down and it got out of hand.
Traveled from NE PA to Williamsburg Brooklyn to play Rick and Morty on Saturday.
Jackbar has amassed a pinball collection to rival almost any available alternative (move over sunshine!) and has quickly become my preferred place to play in the area. Great beer and drink selection and playing pinball is comfortable. The freshly shopped Rollergames plays fantastic. The owner is the day bartender and pinball tech.
"Hi Jon , hit me up with a Sweetwater 420 and a pile of ONES, it's time to jump dimensions and get into some RICK AND MORTY PINBALL MUTHA-F*CKERS! " <embellished for effect>
THE REVIEW
Plunge :
Plunge is important on this game. Specifically because of the current value of the Super Skill shot (400k) . For the first couple of games that i played , anybody who got 3 super-skill shots would have easily won the game. Seemingly, a score imbalance ; unless players were able to get a mode or multi-ball started. Some plunges, including auto-plunges, go around into the "turnaround shot" (next to right ramp) and SDTM. "F*ck" . The rare "plunge into a SDTM , followed by auto-plunge SDTM" is possible. With a tight tilt, you could carefully nudge your way out , but you learn the hard way and beginners aren't going to know any better.
I hit plenty of of super skill shots and they didn't seem all that difficult if you could get enough power on the shot. I don't remember hitting the target on the left ramp (cant remember the name of target) or intentionally going for it on the plunge. When super-skill was not active , i was going for the spinner loop , which appeared rejecty (it's word now!) at first ; but proved to be a nice quick flow shot when shot correctly. Repeating spinner loops , eh, not much of that.
GENERAL GAMEPLAY
The plunge basically forces initial gameplay into a situation which puts your chances of survival into immediate peril. The dreaded side-to-side ball action ... friend only to hungry drains, a hyper-sling, and the maniacally placed, "in-your-face" pop bumper . At least you have SLAM SAVE. Getting a ball under control was a chore in itself. Everything was functioning properly on the game. A lot of flailing to start, followed by some quick drains, was not all that uncommon to see. This is a game where you have to learn your shots and also learn how to deal with where the game is sending the ball when you are out of control. Focusing on magna-save (and the mere existence of it) early is advised .
The ship toy is fairly impressive in person . The shaking is cool and the 2 shadows of Rick and Morty are awesome.
Topper is really cool too. It spins and lights when portal is ready. Can't really see the front when the back lights are going off is the only complaint.
Left Flipper - it's the place you want to be. Oh , lets see , one could shoot ...
2. Center Scoop- (can be lit for a mode or multiball or mystery) for some reason i kept screaming for ROBOCOP! (it's in there)
4. The often-ignored FLOOBLE CRANK (lights locks and cranks the magna save battery)
7. Right loop, u-turn / back door garage shot (mode shot or meeseeks / mega seed)
9-13. Backhand the pop bumper, shatz right inlane (slam letter, future mode shots?), roll up the flipper backhand hit Jerry , Summer or Beth targets.
With this design crew , i am not so sure these shots are as crazy as they sound .
1. Backhand right ramp - feeds right flipper (didn't seem possible on this one - steep) (lite mode at scoop, mode shot or meeseeks / mega seed)
2. Flooble! Crank it up! (wrong game) (lights locks and cranks the magna save battery)
6. Left Ramp - feeds upper flipper (lite mode at scoop, mode shot or meeseeks / mega seed)
10. Shoot the pop bumper! - maybe there's a pop bumper frenzy mode or dimension that will tempt you do do this. Make the pop bumper sound a fart and i'm in! (mode shots, i think)
11. Shatz the left inlane into the scoop - i dare you to make me try this - left or right inlane hurry-up! (slam letter, future mode shots?)
Upper flipper
1. Spinner loop - gotta hit t clean - repeatable , in the Bowen Elwin dimension only (extra ball , charge portal gun , mode shot or mseeks / mega seed)
3. Garage - Front - (portal ready - change dimensions , super jackpot, mode shot or meeseeks / mega seed)
4. Other shots possible -drop targets , scoop , flooble , jerry , summer and beth targets
ACTION
The action was fast and furious on this game and getting control was a bit of an issue . some of the tried and true methods sent the ball into the dangerous pop bumper which would kick to an equally dangerous sling. Nothing beyond lighting a mode and getting the ball into the scoop, left any time to admire the amazing screen graphics featuring our heroes. Probably would have been a good idea to trap the ball and look up at the screen and get some guidance during the time of rest. When modes start , there are some general instructions as to what to shoot for in addition to the blinky lights.it was a but difficult to hear the rick taunting in the bar environment. I do remember a player saying "did he just call me a &*%$#^%" .
I was able to change dimension several times , but unless you already know the game , you have to look up to the screen to see where you have arrived. As much as i appreciate the utlra-fast scoop returns on this game, it would be nice to have time to read about what dimension you popped into or even look at the screen. Again , there may have been sound cues that weren't audible. I enjoy a little stop and go if there are quality animations to watch. I never get sick of the TREX multi-ball intro, for instance. I don't expect that to happen on this game (maybe as an option) . it seems speciofically designed to make the dimension change quick) Hope there is a "Shake it up" dimension , featuring the shaker and some Rick & Morty Callouts. Like a dance party with shaking?
There's is no "flailing your way" to anything substantial on this game in it's current form. There is not much to do in the start if you don't hit a ramp or the flooble crank . None of those shots are easily hit by accident. What you will see from new players is a ton of shots to the scoop and the 2 targets or through the u-turn. The scoop was feeding to the spot on the right flipper that would naturally shoot back to the scoop or left drop target if you shot on the fly. Dead bouncing was lively and making for more problems. I hit many scoops by accident in a row or at times when it wasn't lit for anything. I hope there's some taunting for that! I like difficult games , but i do worry about non-competitive players having fun on this game.maybe one less adventure filled in at start and a mode lit without ramp at game start would help.
Ramps were smooth and fun to shoot . The left ramp was a bit steep and hard to get every time. Danesi lock 2.0 is a winner . The mech performs amazingly efficient and flawless. Be it a drop target or lock or u-turn , i found it fun to shoot for any condition. I'm not sure if there are rules for hitting the u-turn repeatedly , but it seems like a fun area to explore. Shots returning from the targets , u-turn scoop etc , seemed to naturally return there from on-the-fly flipping. Right u-turn loop was really fun to shoot . I love the way it flows to the upper flipper.
MAGNASAVE will, pull your ball out of the outlane! Don't forget about it. Most players didn't even use it or know about it. It's a thing you have to keep focus on to use because there isn't any time to think.
SUMMARY: didn't intend to type so much above, but it is what it is. Destined to be forgotten in the short memory of internet game reviews.
Rick and Morty (as of early game launch and played on a brutal steep set up) is a unique and fun game to play . It has fast action that forces you to remain focused and attentive. How much fun you have relies on a knowledge of the game rules and the Rick and Morty universe. I'm not sure if they have a game tutorial in the works for attract mode (maybe they already have it) but i would appreciate it for sure. Even it only explained a couple of things, like video game load screens do. Explain one dimension every so often etc.
I had a lot of bad games trying to learn the shots and get familiar with the ball feeds. Some games were not fun at all . Some games were an adrenaline-pumping great time . I can see some players not wanting to put in the time to learn the game. There were many player tears to be harvested. Top score 7mil.
This game is perfect for the home collection, due to the unique layout and the many awesome rules of dimension changes and multiple modes . The combination of modes and dimensions stacked with a multiball should lead to an almost infinite combination of unique gameplay situations. Meanwhile Meeseek mutipliers are degrading into divisors and megaseeds are waiting to be harvested for a juicy bonus! Break out your thinking caps, this is no "shoot the same shot over and over to build towards a mode or hurry up" type of game. You are shooting all over the playfield , if you can last long enough to do so. A tight tilt is too brutal for this game.
Sorry, no traditional flow. One could argue left ramp to spinner loop to garage (fast feed to left flipper) to right ramp to scoop (maybe) would be an awesome combo; but not the traditional smooth flow some people tend to revere. The pop bumper can send the ball almost anywhere, which results in an exclusive manic gameplay experience that is perfect for the theme. One too many screw turns and you're dead.
Cheers to Spooky pinball . You have assembled an awesome team of game designers , rules experts and support staff. This is a game to be proud of and I appreciate the level of detail you have committed to this game and the ones that preceded it. Keep that in mind when reading what follows .
THE BAD:
1. Had a nice game of close to 6 million going, started my 2nd multiball and ....RESET
2. Started 3 player game, launched ball and .. flippers died , ball drained . Gameplay stalled . Flippers returned , but no ball served.
3. At least one instance of game not returning from a tilt (didn't happen to me)
Ball stuck on upper switch on launch (happened only once that i know of ) switch too high
Early gameplay scoop shots and target shots tend to return to same area with nothing rewarded or advanced.
Nothing tempts me to shoot the side targets . Maybe Jerry screams in pain if i shoot him . That i would love.
These were my observations and unfortunately i could not heart the sounds , so maybe there are some worthy taunts that accompany the situation of shooting the ball repeatedly to the same area and getting nothing . That would make it awesome instead of bad.
Probably the most impressive thing i did was leave at 8:40 pm , walk fast to subway , catch the train within a minute , transfer to another train , came within 3 minutes , run through Penn station (huffing and puffing) and ultimately catch the 9:11 pm train back. From Brooklyn streets to the train seat in 31 minutes. I almost perished. I did it all for ................
Rick and Morty Pinball
TLDR: Rick and Morty review , too many words , likes it , has some criticisms and desires, kissed spooky ass , can't run a few blocks without getting winded.

Enjoyed reading that. Thanks for posting.

#11394 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Probably the most impressive thing i did was leave at 8:40 pm , walk fast to subway , catch the train within a minute , transfer to another train , came within 3 minutes , run through Penn station (huffing and puffing) and ultimately catch the 9:11 pm train back. From Brooklyn streets to the train seat in 31 minutes. I almost perished.

Surveillance tape from Penn station..

9843A79D-E7FB-43E3-A7DA-2D172CF5239B.gif9843A79D-E7FB-43E3-A7DA-2D172CF5239B.gif

#11395 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Penn Station : After Dark would make a good HBO Series.

#11396 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

THE REVIEW
Plunge :
GENERAL GAMEPLAY
Upper flipper
ACTION
THE BAD:
Rick and Morty Pinball

I normally don't read posts that long but you gave your thoughts and opinions and expressed them really well , so I kept on reading . This is the point of these early games going out on location , so people like you can give constructive feedback for any issues that spooky might need to have a look at .

#11397 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

THE REVIEW
Plunge :
GENERAL GAMEPLAY
Upper flipper
ACTION
THE BAD:
Rick and Morty Pinball

Nice! Don't forget to rate the game for ranking/listing!

#11398 4 years ago

Wow!!!!

#11399 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Great review, thanks for that!

#11400 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

[quoted image]

Right on! I put my name up as ScaryEdZ

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 28.00
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/228 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.