20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 246.
#11301 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I have to admit, that kinda sucks. I thought all the routes got preference?

dunno, maybe locations that previously had spooky machines? I hope I can still make money on this machine by the time I get it in ~7 months if not it will definitely by my only spooky machine

Quoted from razorsedge:

No way I would have been in on RaM if it was a semi complete half baked turd thrown out there by stern.
Stern making this theme would have ensured you could get a used RaM for half new price a year or two down the track.
Sterns rep for quality work sank long ago.

because they don't artificially limit them so everyone that wants one can buy one, not this artificial scarcity nonsense... also most of my sterns are definitely not worth half of what I paid for them... some have even gone up in value... ex. Tron... and even if it was I would not care since it's paid for itself several times over

also I love how everyone in this thread that doesn't fawn over spooky and participate in the circle jerk is downvoted to infinity, pinside is getting worse than reddit

#11302 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

dunno, maybe locations that previously had spooky machines? I hope I can still make money on this machine by the time I get it in ~7 months if not it will definitely by my only spooky machine

I think you missed a few Rick and Morty Threads you can drop this anklebite into.

Maybe try searching? There are a bunch of them left.

#11303 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

because they don't artificially limit them so everyone that wants one can buy one, not this artificial scarcity nonsense... also most of my sterns are definitely not worth half of what I paid for them... some have even gone up in value... ex. Tron... and even if it was I would not care since it's paid for itself several times over

They have 10 factory workers in the whole company in a town of 5400...

I dont see anything artificial about it. Every business owner is entitled to run their business as they want. Spooky seems plenty happy staying at their size and slowly ramping up with each success.

There were 500 ACNCs. Now there are 750 RaMs being made. Again. Nothing artificial here

#11304 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

also I love how everyone in this thread that doesn't fawn over spooky and participate in the circle jerk is downvoted to infinity, pinside is getting worse than reddit

There are plenty low numbers available at a premium if you think uou will lose out on the action.

Might be a good investment for you.

#11305 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

There were 500 ACNCs. Now there are 750 RaMs being made.

I worry about their next title (whatever that is). How do you top rick and morty?

#11306 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

because they don't artificially limit them so everyone that wants one can buy one, not this artificial scarcity nonsense

It's not artificial, production capacity is a direct result of employee numbers.

#11307 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I worry about their next title (whatever that is). How do you top rick and morty?

You really dont. Before they announced I was hoping it would be an Army of Darkness theme. RaM blows that or anything else I can think of out of the water.

#11308 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

So, while I understand your concern, you have a few things wrong here. If they WEREn"T limited, you could be waiting multiple years to get your game, then what? It was already known prior to you ordering that you might have to wait, you may have had to wait much much longer...

#11309 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So, while I understand your concern, you have a few things wrong here. If they WEREn"T artificially limited, you could be waiting multiple years to get your game, then what? It was already known prior to you ordering that you might have to wait....

oh I really don't care about the limit, I am just saying that's one way to artificiality increase price/demand.... I knew it was going to be limited and the title was going to have demand so I made sure I got their club membership thing so I could day 1 preorder... but nobody has had to wait years for a stern, just saying

#11310 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

Well, when you step foot into a thread to bitch and complain you have to wait for a boutique pinball for a year, you're going to have people who think your complaints are not only unwarranted, but a tad inflammatory considering you knew this going in...
FEC890D7-3ABF-427A-A80E-0F2ED14C8049.gifFEC890D7-3ABF-427A-A80E-0F2ED14C8049.gif

3E9B6D05-E6DF-4326-97E8-600AC1D5D076 (resized).jpeg3E9B6D05-E6DF-4326-97E8-600AC1D5D076 (resized).jpeg
#11311 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Well, when you step foot into a thread to bitch and complain you have to wait for a boutique pinball for a year, you're going to have people who think your complaints are not only unwarranted, but a tad inflammatory considering you knew this going in...
[quoted image][quoted image]

What is this second picture??

#11312 4 years ago

oh no who's butthurt now? :p

#11313 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

but nobody has had to wait years for a stern, just saying

You don't have to wait because Stern has a lot of overhead, and if they don't manufacture at least 50 games a day, they lose money.
If you owned a pinball company what would you rather have?
Not enough staff to build pinballs quicker (but know that you don't have to hurry up and crank the next game)
So much staff that you can crank games out, but the next title HAS to hit the line after 3 months, and if your current game isn't selling well (stranger things) you're forced to vault a game (iron man) or take on a contract game (star wars home edition reskinned as heavy metal)

#11314 4 years ago

ya they are definitely two very different companies don't think anyone would argue otherwise, I don't know if either scenario is that ideal really, spooky works if all your customers are collectors that are willing to deal with the quirks of boutique pinball (small staff, long waits, etc)... stern works if you can keep getting good themes and a majority of your customers are operators and distributors that are willing to commit to machines sight-unseen...

#11315 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What is this second picture??

Lol, a fool thinking he can throw money at something and get what he wants.

#11316 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

oh no who's butthurt now? :p

not me. That’s who. You on the other hand may need some preparation H, or desitin, not sure on your age yet.

#11317 4 years ago

not me. That’s who. You on the other hand may need some preparation H, or desitin, not sure on your age yet.

Oddly specific lol

#11318 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Oddly specific lol

Pretty good burn... he's obviously had kids at some point

#11319 4 years ago

I've tried all three kinds extensively over the past years, compared (rubber, silicone, eurethane).

I now only replace rubber parts on my machines with eurethane. Partly because they last indefinately, but also (to me) they play better as well as being cleaner for the machine.

Rubber is high maintenance with crap residue gunge being spread all through your game. Silicone is weak and prone to wear, tearing, premature failure. They are not durable like eurethane. I don't mind the way rubber or silicone plays, don't see that much difference than eurethane at all really. Eurethane turned ot the best value for money by alot.

A few thousand plays down and my TNA silicone is about done. Shabby, frayed, and distorted. They will soon all be getting replaced with eurethane.

Not a big deal. Just the way things ended up from my trying stuff out, and economics. If I noticed that eurethane played really badly or noticably more difficult, then I wouldn't be using it.

There's nothing worse than tearing a complex game down to the playfield to replace rubbers, then a POS silicone rubber tears/snaps merely months later leaving you to tear the game down again. Silicone by nature is prone to tearing if there is Any defect or nick. Yet I have "defective" eurethane bands (air bubble inside) that are still the same condition as the day I installed them in 2018. Silicone simply puts me at risk of a whole lot more uneccesary work.

I will buy rubber if I must, but will never buy "silicone" for pinball bands again. Imho the material is kind of unsuitable for the purpose. Speaking as a fitter and machinist, and pinball tech.

I am grateful to spooky for putting something Cleaner than rubber on my TNA. A local guy, a mate, got himself a NIB Deadpool LE last year. That mob are so tight; among other shortcomings the thing came fitted with cheap dirty old black rubber. On an LE!? WTF?? .. Cmon Sterd.

#11320 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I don't know if it would sell out in 4 hours but I think a Futurama pin would sell 750 easily , especially if you got Billy West ( Fry )and John DiMaggio ( Bender ) to voice it . Like R&M it has the same potential for fun modes and good call outs . Over the years I've heard a lot more people ask for a Futurama pin over Rick and Morty , it does have a large fanbase out there . It would never be as rude as R&M but Bender has enough attitude to make it fun .

IMG_20200222_172738 (resized).jpgIMG_20200222_172738 (resized).jpg
#11321 4 years ago

I’d buy the shit out of a futurama pin.

#11322 4 years ago

I'd be as early in line as I could get for Futurama.

#11323 4 years ago

Just got back from a night out in LA.
Awesome evening.
Got to hit up Ayce Gogi and finished off the night at Barcade.

6DA02374-096B-4F4A-B519-02CDD8169532 (resized).jpeg6DA02374-096B-4F4A-B519-02CDD8169532 (resized).jpeg13DB0ADC-3A5D-4DF9-AD7E-ABAE732B608B (resized).jpeg13DB0ADC-3A5D-4DF9-AD7E-ABAE732B608B (resized).jpeg2F671DD7-532E-4391-846A-609F2FF33588 (resized).jpeg2F671DD7-532E-4391-846A-609F2FF33588 (resized).jpeg4DE6C21D-EEC6-4914-A409-62AC09463EC5 (resized).jpeg4DE6C21D-EEC6-4914-A409-62AC09463EC5 (resized).jpeg
#11324 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I'd be as early in line as I could get for Futurama.Bender bending ramps

#11325 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Did it have a dollar acceptor?

It has the dba but does have the actual bill acceptor in it. I played again yesterday and got a bit better with ball control. Still not an impressive score but got 5.4 mil

#11326 4 years ago

Futurama pin you say?

takemymoney (resized).jpgtakemymoney (resized).jpg
#11327 4 years ago

So cool if Futurama was Spooky’s next pin!

#11328 4 years ago

I have a bad feeling that Stern will do a Futurama pin somewhere in the future.

They see the big success and hype about Rick and Morty and wish they had done it.

The imperium strikes back. I think it happens.

Not funny i know.

#11329 4 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

So cool if Futurama was Spooky’s next pin!

spooky futurama pin next to a rick and morty.

664DA868-F239-44ED-BE32-5B60E15EFCE4 (resized).jpeg664DA868-F239-44ED-BE32-5B60E15EFCE4 (resized).jpeg
#11330 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Oddly specific lol

FFB96181-9442-494E-AC3A-0DFC75DECE96 (resized).pngFFB96181-9442-494E-AC3A-0DFC75DECE96 (resized).png
#11331 4 years ago

For everyone who wants to see a Futurama pin , I think we have to hype it up a bit and give it some more attention . Hopefully it will get some manufacturers to consider it .
Let's get this link on fire .
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/futurama-pinball

#11332 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

You really dont. Before they announced I was hoping it would be an Army of Darkness theme. RaM blows that or anything else I can think of out of the water.

Hmmm. Frankly, army of Darkness/evil dead would be Pinside hysteria. Another sure hit.

#11333 4 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

They see the big success and hype about Rick and Morty and wish they had done it.
Not funny i know.

I doubt Stern would gear up for what would likely be a "small" run like Futurama. The boutiques could do this, but these cult themes will continue to thrive in small batches.

#11334 4 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

I doubt Stern would gear up for what would likely be a "small" run like Futurama. The boutiques could do this, but these cult themes will continue to thrive in small batches.

whoa nellie
pabst can crusher
heavy metal
supreme

all of these are small are extremely small runs with high price tags. stern is not above doing small runs, they just don't do them in what we consider to be "modern pinball" layouts, toys, rules, etc.

#11335 4 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Hmmm. Frankly, army of Darkness/evil dead would be Pinside hysteria. Another sure hit.

Wasn't that the rumored title Ben Heck was trying to get made before he left Spooky?

#11336 4 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Could you imagine all the epic Bruce Campbell shout outs?

"This is my boomstick!"

"Shop smart! Shop S-Mart"

So many damn amazing 1 liners.

#11337 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Wasn't that the rumored title Ben Heck was trying to get made before he left Spooky?

Bible Adventures was the legit theme that Ben had made.

He and spooky are hanging out again... so it could finally happen! I hope!

#11338 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Bible Adventures ? Greek mythology has better stories and cooler characters .

IMG_20200223_031922 (resized).jpgIMG_20200223_031922 (resized).jpg
#11339 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

He and spooky are hanging out again... so it could finally happen! I hope!

bible adventures doesn't require a license (which is what I heard killed it)... I'm sure whatever it is we don't want to acknowledge it.

#11340 4 years ago

Some nuclear green drink holders of this coming soon!

351CC6CC-284B-429E-AB7D-30A4D572BC21 (resized).jpeg351CC6CC-284B-429E-AB7D-30A4D572BC21 (resized).jpeg
#11341 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

bible adventures doesn't require a license (which is what I heard killed it)

I don't think you necessarily have to have a licence to make a popular game . I think World War 2 would be a great theme . You could pick which side you want to be on at the beginning of the game . Lots of free footage of soldiers , buildings blowing up , planes - dogfights , cannons shooting ect . Potential for lots of modes , for either side advancing on other countries , and to get to your final goal wizard mode - World Domination .
( too soon ? )

IMG_20200223_035056 (resized).jpgIMG_20200223_035056 (resized).jpg
#11342 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Well he discussed the theme and I think said it was too $ for Spooky at whatever time they were considering it. Of course, Spooky has more scratch these days than they used to and now that the TV series has been cancelled getting Bruce Campbell for voice-over work might be a lot less expensive than it was.

#11343 4 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

Not funny i know.

If stern does it, no thanks. Blah

#11344 4 years ago

Here's a question... I noticed Spooky's flipper coils look like WMS blue dual-wound coils with the three lugs. Can anyone confirm that these are indeed dual wound, no buzz BLY/WMS -style coils?

Thx

#11345 4 years ago

Just hoping to clear up some misconceptions in this thread...

Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 5.54.39 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-02-22 at 5.54.39 PM (resized).png
#11346 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Here's a question... I noticed Spooky's flipper coils look like WMS blue dual-wound coils with the three lugs. Can anyone confirm that these are indeed dual wound, no buzz BLY/WMS -style coils?
Thx

R&M is using two lug, single wound coils.

Games before R&M used three lug, dual wound coils, but only used the power winding. The hold winding was not used. Hold is done by PWM, just like most other manufacturer's today.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#11347 4 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

R&M is using two lug, single wound coils.
Games before R&M used three lug, dual wound coils, but only used the power winding. The hold winding was not used. Hold is done by PWM, just like most other manufacturer's today.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

Ahhh well... thanks. Maybe I was thinking of JJP or CGC that still uses the dual wound coils.

#11348 4 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Just hoping to clear up some misconceptions in this thread... [quoted image]

But that's 2010. Maybe they've had a 5x population explosion since then

#11349 4 years ago

Played RM today. Fun game... hope to have one in my collection at some point... a few geometry concerns.

For those of you chomping at the bit and considering paying a flipper’s premium to get a spot. I advise you to wait and play the game before you give someone a heap of cash to buy out their down payment.

I could be wrong, and no disrespect to anyone... But after playing, I think the flippers’ market is going to fall apart in a month or two. For several reasons, that’s my gut call.

Overall, nice work by Scott D. I’ve loved owning my TNA, and can see how RM could be solid in a home environment where the game can be tuned up and dialed in.

#11350 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

a few geometry concerns.

Can you please elaborate?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 13,500.00
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/227 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.