20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 246.
#11251 4 years ago

Hey Ice, I got your sterd brick right here.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
#11252 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hey Ice, I got your sterd brick right here.[quoted image]

Lol Odiner. I ain’t liking that Brick!

Bricks and Dorky is a thing brother

But I love my Spooky boys.

It’s some of the dickhead buyers that crack me up
With their stupid BS

#11253 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol Odiner. I ain’t liking that Brick!
Bricks and Dorky is a thing brother
But I love my Spooky boys.
It’s some of the dickhead buyers that crack me up
With their stupid BS

Dickhead is as dickhead does.

#11254 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What games do you have in your collection? It looks like there are no games in your collection, but that can’t be right.

Always broken ones apparently.

#11255 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Always broken ones apparently.

Funny. I was thinking about his name myself. He bitches about how s screwed up he thinks the buying process is but apparently whatever pins he owns are broken.

Guy... maybe you're just not good at the buying process all around?

#11256 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

I wish Stern had gotten the licence

Quoted from razorsedge:

No way I would have been in on RaM if it was a semi complete half baked turd thrown out there by stern.

There's a funny story behind why Stern didn't get R&M, but it's not mine to tell.

YEAH I'M GONNA BE THAT GUY.

#11257 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

There's a funny story behind why Stern didn't get R&M, but it's not mine to tell.

Cmon, tell all.

Regardless, it’s way too “edgy” for Stern.

#11258 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Then whose story is it?

#11259 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

I got one and I wish Stern had gotten the licence so I could have it already on location making money instead of giving someone a free $1500 loan for a year

Really? Do you also wish for dimpled playfields, chipping clearcoat, splitting cabinets, up-charges for features that should have been included with the game, over-priced replacement circuit boards and extended delays between code updates?

#11260 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Evil_Rick_Close-Up (resized).pngEvil_Rick_Close-Up (resized).png
#11261 4 years ago

Pie in the sky request:

Now that they're out in the wild, anyone have a Rick & Morty close to Indianapolis that they'd be willing to set up for a small pinball event next Friday/Saturday (Feb 28th-29th)? We're putting on a mini-pinball event looking to raise money for Dementia Friends Indiana and a Rick & Morty would greatly help in selling tickets among the pinball enthusiast locals. Thanks for your consideration! Feel free to message me if you have any questions. Here's a link to the eventbrite about our little shindig:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pinball-fundraising-for-dementia-friends-indiana-tickets-86627869289

#11262 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Then why even post in the first place. Talk about being a cock tease, lol.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#11263 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I thought you got your spot due to your sweet connection's with Sally from Cartoon Network???

My Sally connection hasn't improved my R&M spot yet...

IMG_2980 (resized).JPGIMG_2980 (resized).JPG
#11264 4 years ago
Quoted from IonRay:

My Sally connection hasn't improved my R&M spot yet...[quoted image]

Another Omaha person, nice! Which spot are you? We are 295

#11265 4 years ago
Quoted from TireFryer426:

Another Omaha person, nice! Which spot are you? We are 295

#11266 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Then why even post in the first place.

I was up all night for work. Delirium set in.

#11267 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I had one guy tell me he went to show after show wearing the shirts and all but begged them.

But they just shrugged it off like "what the heck is that?"

#11268 4 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

There will be one at Lyman's Tavern in DC next week.
Don't know if it's close enough for you but they also have an Alien and other great pins, so may be worth a trip.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

So the game at Lyman's (in D.C.) is definitely up and running. I went there for lunch today and played four games. Got killed in three of them and had a decent game four with multi-ball. I don't know the fricking rules to save my life but the multi-ball was fun and the call outs are great (thought those with little ones or the easily offended about will want to run family friendly mode). Four games does not a review make but just a couple of observations:

1. The game played like a Scott Denesi. Very fast and scoops fire the ball out reminiscent of TNA. The pop bumper in place of a sling on the left side is pretty novel. This is not a slow paced game. Had quite a few SDTM's when I didn't get enough juice to power it up the left ramp. I tilted three times trying to slap save or nudge.
2. I didn't miss not having any bash toys. Like ACNC, I was too busy trying to keep the ball in play to notice.
3. The guy before me had a ball drain not register. Only way to get the game going again was a power re-cycle. This did not happen to me but it did happen again to the guy who played after my final game. I'm thinking probably a roll over switch adjustment. Lyman's is a league location so I'm sure they will sort it out.
4. The chili hotdogs were good. The beer was cold. Another great afternoon at Lyman's.

#11269 4 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

So the game at Lyman's (in D.C.) is definitely up and running. I went there for lunch today and played four games. Got killed in three of them and had a decent game four with multi-ball. I don't know the fricking rules to save my life but the multi-ball was fun and the call outs are great (thought those with little ones or the easily offended about will want to run family friendly mode). Four games does not a review make but just a couple of observations:
1. The game played like a Scott Denesi. Very fast and scoops fire the ball out reminiscent of TNA. The pop bumper in place of a sling on the left side is pretty novel. This is not a slow paced game. Had quite a few SDTM's when I didn't get enough juice to power it up the left ramp. I tilted three times trying to slap save or nudge.
2. I didn't miss not having any bash toys. Like ACNC, I was too busy trying to keep the ball in play to notice.
3. The guy before me had a ball drain not register. Only way to get the game going again was a power re-cycle. This did not happen to me but it did happen again to the guy who played after my final game. I'm thinking probably a roll over switch adjustment. Lyman's is a league location so I'm sure they will sort it out.
4. The chili hotdogs were good. The beer was cold. Another great afternoon at Lyman's.

The plumbus does not like to be jostled.

#11270 4 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

I don't know the fricking rules to save my life

Just put in earbuds and play back @epthegeek 's narration of the IO stream while you play.

#11271 4 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Same machine i played yesterday. The tilt sensitvity was set higher to prevent people from going crazy and moving the machine all around for an attempted shake thay wasnt necessary.

#11272 4 years ago
Quoted from Alwaysbrokenpins:

I’m happy to wait for stern or JPP to build a me a machine around Rick and Morty season 9.

I can see it now.. empty playfield, ramp on each side, ship on a spring with no mech to move it, balls getting stuck on gates, 0.01 beta code at release.. $500 topper. It sounds fantastic!

#11273 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I can see it now.. empty playfield, ramp on each side, ship on a spring with no mech to move it, balls getting stuck on gates, 0.01 beta code at release.. $500 topper. It sounds fantastic!

You forgot the Action Button that does ... something?

#11274 4 years ago
Quoted from Alwaysbrokenpins:

Spooky lacks the ability or willingness to make more than 750. I’m happy to wait for stern or JPP to build a me a machine around Rick and Morty season 9.

I kind of wish JJP would have kept on running POTC myself. I'm not pissy about not having one, and if I want one now, I can pay a premium and get one. Same will apply with Rick and Morty as time goes on.

I wouldn't want Stern to make one that far in the future though. Here's what you'll see by then ...

The base price of a Stern Pro will be about $8K with these features :

1. 5 leaf switch targets!
2. 2 leaf switches for the flipper buttons!
3. 14 LEDs to light the playfield!
4. 2 genuine steel pinballs!
5. Stern "indestructible" flipper assemblies with coil stops guaranteed to last at least 1 game! (not guaranteed to last through 1, 4 player game)
6. Soundtrack from the popular TV show (no mention of which TV show)
7. Plunger
8. Stern "Nu-armor" (made from saran wrap; aka cling wrap)
9. Amazing new playfield reverse printed on plexiglass!
10. 4 color display!
11. Just enough software to make the game do *something*!!!

The Premium version will add these features for an additional $2.5K :

1. 1 spinner!
2. 4 additional LEDs to light the playfield!
3. THREE genuine pinballs!
4. "Nu-Armor" colored with a purple magic marker.
5. Ball guides!
6. Genuine plastic flipper buttons!
7. Genuine plastic faces for the leaf switches!
8. All other features of the Pro!

The LE (limited to 750 in honor of the run Spooky did) will have all of the features of the above + powder coated armor! (armor now made with cardboard and a dash of baby powder to give it texture) for $3.729K beyond the price of the Premium

Here's the great part though!!!! Stern will offer a new upgrade each month so that you can unlock all features of your machine! Planned upgrades are :

0. A kit that will enable flippers for $99.95
1. A kit that will enable insert lighting for $274.99.
2. A kit that will enable 16M color mode on the display for $274.99.
3. A kit that will give your game 1 ramp for $389.99.
4. A kit that will give your game an additional spinner for $389.99.
5. A kit that will give your game the ability to display a translite for $897.99 (does not include a translite; those are an additional $643.99)
6. A kit that will unlock mode 1 for $89.95.
7. A kit that will unlock mode 2 for $99.95.
8. A kit that will unlock modes 3-5 for $109.99 each.
9. A kit that will unlock a wizard mode for $299.95.
10. A topper made of tissue paper, fan, and node board for $599.95.

(Not all upgrades are guaranteed to be released ... they depend on game sales ... if the game doesn't sell well, then, well, shut up and just enjoy what we gave you for $8K+!!!)

#11275 4 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

I kind of wish JJP would have kept on running POTC myself. I'm not pissy about not having one, and if I want one now, I can pay a premium and get one. Same will apply with Rick and Morty as time goes on.
I wouldn't want Stern to make one that far in the future though. Here's what you'll see by then ...
The base price of a Stern Pro will be about $8K with these features :
1. 5 leaf switch targets!
2. 2 leaf switches for the flipper buttons!
3. 14 LEDs to light the playfield!
4. 2 genuine steel pinballs!
5. Stern "indestructible" flipper assemblies with coil stops guaranteed to last at least 1 game! (not guaranteed to last through 1, 4 player game)
6. Soundtrack from the popular TV show (no mention of which TV show)
7. Plunger
8. Stern "Nu-armor" (made from saran wrap; aka cling wrap)
9. Amazing new playfield reverse printed on plexiglass!
10. 4 color display!
11. Just enough software to make the game do *something*!!!
The Premium version will add these features for an additional $2.5K :
1. 1 spinner!
2. 4 additional LEDs to light the playfield!
3. THREE genuine pinballs!
4. "Nu-Armor" colored with a purple magic marker.
5. Ball guides!
6. Genuine plastic flipper buttons!
7. Genuine plastic faces for the leaf switches!
8. All other features of the Pro!
The LE (limited to 750 in honor of the run Spooky did) will have all of the features of the above + powder coated armor! (armor now made with cardboard and a dash of baby powder to give it texture) for $3.729K beyond the price of the Premium
Here's the great part though!!!! Stern will offer a new upgrade each month so that you can unlock all features of your machine! Planned upgrades are :
0. A kit that will enable flippers for $99.95
1. A kit that will enable insert lighting for $274.99.
2. A kit that will enable 16M color mode on the display for $274.99.
3. A kit that will give your game 1 ramp for $389.99.
4. A kit that will give your game an additional spinner for $389.99.
5. A kit that will give your game the ability to display a translite for $897.99 (does not include a translite; those are an additional $643.99)
6. A kit that will unlock mode 1 for $89.95.
7. A kit that will unlock mode 2 for $99.95.
8. A kit that will unlock modes 3-5 for $109.99 each.
9. A kit that will unlock a wizard mode for $299.95.
10. A topper made of tissue paper, fan, and node board for $599.95.
(Not all upgrades are guaranteed to be released ... they depend on game sales ... if the game doesn't sell well, then, well, shut up and just enjoy what we gave you for $8K+!!!)

Shouldn't you post this anti-Stern screed in any other thread *besides* R&M??? I don't get it.

EDIT: didn't realize this was a reply to someone else's unrealistic demand. It's fair game then.

#11276 4 years ago

Forgot in the Premium and LE versions a magna save magnet for an additional $249.99!

LE models get the lockdown button for magnasave, while the Premium just uses the right flipper button to activate magnasave...

#Gopremium

#11277 4 years ago

Ahh... self-censored.

#11278 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Sorry but I'm getting tired of this "my toy choice is better than yours" BS...

Hey, the poster claimed that they wanted to wait for Stern to make Rick and Morty after Season 9 ... I was just telling them what they can expect from Stern around that time. I agree its childish and silly FWIW, but it also has an element of truth to it.

#11279 4 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

Hey, the poster claimed that they wanted to wait for Stern to make Rick and Morty after Season 9 ... I was just telling them what they can expect from Stern around that time. I agree its childish and silly FWIW, but it also has an element of truth to it.

I see... I didn't catch the context of your post. There's just been SO MUCH negative trolling towards people that bought STH (as an example) that I assumed this was just more of it. Notice then that somebody gleefully piled on right after you.

It's just after playing R&M with some people that were (gasp!) nice reasonable guys coming back here to see all the trolling and backbiting is... kinda depressing. So different from the way people are IRL. I know... "no sh*t sherlock"

#11280 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Don't forget a UV light kit that is integral to the theme of the game and differentiates key modes that will cost $300 later.

#11281 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

It's just after playing R&M with some people that were (gasp!) nice reasonable guys coming back here to see all the trolling and backbiting is... kinda depressing.

I know what you mean ... if you ever see a post from me, never take me *that* seriously. The whole Stern UV kit did torque me off ... I don't like those kinds of kits that are *almost* integral to the gameplay being priced like that ... but I'm not going to attack people if they buy Stern machines ! That's where it gets silly.

Now back to Rick and Morty .... though I think they want this topic to die since the owner's club is now open !

#11282 4 years ago

Well, I've made over 100 posts in this topic (this is 101), so I have unlocked that achievement, so consequently now it's okay if this thread dies!

#11283 4 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

While props go out to Spooky for upgrading the rubbers to silicone on their games, they just are too bouncy to have any kind of reasonable control. I suggest at least changing out the flipper rubbers to regular rubber, ACNC and R&M are difficult enough on their own with some tight shots and extra bouncy silicone is just over the top IMO.

#11284 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

While props go out to Spooky for upgrading the rubbers to silicone on their games, they just are too bouncy to have any kind of reasonable control. I suggest at least changing out the flipper rubbers to regular rubber, ACNC and R&M are difficult enough on their own with some tight shots and extra bouncy silicone is just over the top IMO.

See, I find the opposite. To me, regular rubber has a lot more bouce than silicone.

#11285 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

See, I find the opposite. To me, regular rubber has a lot more bouce than silicone.

I think it depends on who you get the silicone rubbers from. Spooky gets them from Pinball Life I believe and they are bouncy as hell.

#11286 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I see... I didn't catch the context of your post. There's just been SO MUCH negative trolling towards people that bought STH (as an example) that I assumed this was just more of it. Notice then that somebody gleefully piled on right after you.
It's just after playing R&M with some people that were (gasp!) nice reasonable guys coming back here to see all the trolling and backbiting is... kinda depressing. So different from the way people are IRL. I know... "no sh*t sherlock"

So, I was a very early user of forums and what I've learned over the years is that people who are dicks to everyone online are also dicks in real life, you may just not be around them enough to see it come out (because most people are at least cordial in real life). This is why I have no patience with people on forums who are dicks to others constantly. They are definitely that way in real life. It's just a matter of time. The alternative is that they see you are bigger than them so tone their attitude down while in front of you.

#11287 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I think it depends on who you get the silicone rubbers from. Spooky gets them from Pinball Life I believe and they are bouncy as hell.

My stock ACNC rubbers are great. I don't find them bouncy at all.

#11288 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

My stock ACNC rubbers are great. I don't find them bouncy at all.

Well I changed mine out to regular rubber and they are at least 30% less bouncy. It all depends on what you like in the end, to each their own.

#11289 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

There's just been SO MUCH negative trolling towards people that bought STH

I've got nothing against anybody that bought it. It's their money, not mine.

People bought Yugos too. Again, their money, not mine. Doesn't mean they're bad people.

#11290 4 years ago

The type of rubber has no impact on how much your balls bounce when you are getting down to it. That has more to do with age and frequency of use.

#11291 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

how much your balls bounce

Comes down to how old you are.

They get pretty dangly when you’re a pensioner...

“Dangly balls yo!”

rd

#11292 4 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Did it have a dollar acceptor?

#11293 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

While props go out to Spooky for upgrading the rubbers to silicone on their games, they just are too bouncy to have any kind of reasonable control. I suggest at least changing out the flipper rubbers to regular rubber .

I tend to agree , I find the rubber more controllable than silicone . When I didn't know what was what , I saw these cool looking blue and green " rubbers " in a display case at a pinball dealer . I just thought they looked cool and the colours matched my game . I have no idea if they are Titans , Super bands or whatever . My game alwaysed played fast , cos it's setup as steep as it will go . I had the flippers rebuilt the Playfield waxed and then I put the new bands on , and it played way too fast for me , so I went back to the black rubber on the flippers . The game is still super fast but it is a lot more controllable . Having said that , if I brought a game and it came with silicone on the flippers I would leave it as is because that's the way they want it .

IMG_20200221_233301 (resized).jpgIMG_20200221_233301 (resized).jpgScreenshot_2020-02-21-23-30-19-52 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-02-21-23-30-19-52 (resized).png
#11294 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I tend to agree , I find the rubber more controllable than silicone . When I didn't know what was what , I saw these cool looking blue and green " rubbers " in a display case at a pinball dealer . I just thought they looked cool and the colours matched my game . I have no idea if they are Titans , Super bands or whatever . My game alwaysed played fast , cos it's setup as steep as it will go . I had the flippers rebuilt the Playfield waxed and then I put the new bands on , and it played way too fast for me , so I went back to the black rubber on the flippers . The game is still super fast but it is a lot more controllable . Having said that , if I brought a game and it came with silicone on the flippers I would leave it as is because that's the way they want it .[quoted image][quoted image]

Those are super bands and they make things ZIPPY! I just waxed Shadow and BSD and with super bands they are even more brutal than normal! I like them, but to each his own. Some of my pinball friends do not like them.

#11295 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

Those are super bands and they make things ZIPPY! I just waxed Shadow and BSD and with super bands they are even more brutal than normal! I like them, but to each his own. Some of my pinball friends do not like them.

They sure do make things zippy . They looked so cool and matched my machine perfectly . I just felt I'd never be able to beat my high score with them on , it was just so hard to catch a ball and to do all the stuff I normally did .

#11296 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Did it have a dollar acceptor?

I don't remember one. I used quarters. .75 per game. But, want to say there was not one attached.

#11297 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Same machine i played yesterday. The tilt sensitvity was set higher to prevent people from going crazy and moving the machine all around for an attempted shake thay wasnt necessary.

It was definitely set higher. I rarely ever tilt and my slap saves are more like a light nudge save. But I understand why Lyman's has it set that way. I hope they sort out the drain-not-being-recognized issue soon because they can't have that happen with consistency on league night.

#11298 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

They sure do make things zippy . They looked so cool and matched my machine perfectly . I just felt I'd never be able to beat my high score with them on , it was just so hard to catch a ball and to do all the stuff I normally did .

I run Titans on my FT and love'em. Mostly greens and blues down low and some orange on the lanes to the pops.

Look awesome and plays somewhere between rubber and superbands.

#11299 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

The type of rubber has no impact on how much your balls bounce when you are getting down to it. That has more to do with age and frequency of use.

Man....tough crowd. Getting down votes for vulgar humor in the R&M thread?

Still.... If this stopped one person from continuing a serious discussion of the merits of Super Bands vs Titans vs Pinball Life vs generic game rubber in a machine, I feel vaguely justified. Surprised it took this long to get to that topic..... Every other game thread in existence got there much quicker.....

#11300 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Man....tough crowd. Getting down votes for vulgar humor in the R&M thread?
Still.... If this stopped one person from continuing a serious discussion of the merits of Super Bands vs Titans vs Pinball Life vs generic game rubber in a machine, I feel vaguely justified. Surprised it took this long to get to that topic..... Every other game thread in existence got there much quicker.....

tbh, I had to read it again to get the hidden humor behind it. I think the two downvoters may have taken that post literally.

Personally I hate superbands.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Colts Neck, NJ
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Saginaw, MI
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/226?hl=zaphx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.