20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 246.
#10951 4 years ago

Awesome stream today SpookyCharlie
Really enjoyed it.

#10952 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Taken after today's steam... this was more work than I can describe. Super proud of our team!
Much more goodness to come very soon... games are moving, thanks to everyone who believes in Spooky.[quoted image]

EFE04728-A292-4DF6-875C-4A6B779F994E.gifEFE04728-A292-4DF6-875C-4A6B779F994E.gif
#10953 4 years ago

Those posts by the scoop? Would those benefit from being rubber? They look like they take a beating.

#10954 4 years ago

Taken after today's steam...

But, but, where are all the dimples....uh, I mean craters?

#10955 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

-- Had to turn the game off several times to reset. Beta code, should improve.

Looked like the Tilt Code and the Screen Sharing Function were at odds there.

#10956 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Looked like the Tilt Code and the Screen Sharing Function were at odds there.

nope just a bug in the tilt code, screen sharing is a HDMI splitter and a couple of cables. Jack asked me how to stream spooky game and I told him what to take. stream was great and game looks great just need to play it now.

#10957 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

nope just a bug in the tilt code, screen sharing is a HDMI splitter and a couple of cables

There you go.

#10958 4 years ago

ebay.com link: Rick and Morty Blood Sucker Edition pinball machine pre order spot

3 Bidders on the next ebay spot already. 3 days left. $1750 so far. I say this one pops at over $4000 after the latest stream.

#10959 4 years ago

Looks like a fun, challenging game, and I'm super excited to play this one. I heard one will be on location near me soon, so I'll get to check it out before mine arrives. Thanks for the stream, it was fun to watch and learn about the game!

#10960 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddict78:

You must be watching a different game than me. Here goes the glass again. You stern crappers need to take a look at what you are touting as the best 8,500 spent on a pinball in history. Put a different name to this game and you would not have any interest.

to be completely transparent

There were a few various code bugs in this BETA code. They will be squantched tonight and Eric will likely have me new code on Sunday to load.

For physical things, the glass came off due to stuck balls on a switch up on top right of pf that was sitting slightly proud. Post stream I bent it down in 3 seconds and all good. During stream I could not lift pf easily with all the camera and stream gear so we left it be.

The ball launch going past skill shot was the launch wireform. Again, 2 seconds and bent it down a notch and all good. Minor tweak.

The shots are all great. Appropriately make-able and correctly challenging. Trust me; just go play the game and it is a blast!
That upper inner orbit w spinner is butter when you hit is right. It is natural to go for the sweet spot on the flipper and noob noob it. once you find it, it screams. post stream I adjusted one inner orbit ball guide and the shot screams even more!

#10961 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

There were a few various code bugs in this BETA code. They will be squantched tonight and Eric will likely have me new code on Sunday to load.
For physical things, the glass came off due to stuck balls on a switch up on top right of pf that was sitting slightly proud. Post stream I bent it down in 3 seconds and all good. During stream I could not lift pf easily with all the camera and stream gear so we left it be.
The ball launch going past skill shot was the launch wireform. Again, 2 seconds and bent it down a notch and all good. Minor tweak.
The shots are all great. Appropriately make-able and correctly challenging. Trust me; just go play the game and it is a blast!
That upper inner orbit w spinner is butter when you hit is right. It is natural to go for the sweet spot on the flipper and noob noob it. once you find it, it screams. post stream I adjusted one inner orbit ball guide and the shot screams even more!

Whysnow Thanks again for sharing this stream, and bringing the world along on a Day-1 celebration of this incredible looking pin.

#10962 4 years ago

Glad I heard it from Whysnow instead of Iceman.

#10963 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It’s more in the alpha stage than beta. This appears hardly feature complete.

#10964 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

whysnow Thanks again for sharing this stream, and bringing the world along on a Day-1 celebration of this incredible looking pin.

Happy to.

This game really is super fun!

So happy for Scott, Eric, David, and team spooky. This game is seriously great.

Fun mech use combined with great shot geometry, art is great, lights and sound are beyond good, even beta code is super fun and pretty well balanced already.

This PF is the best quality I have seen to date. Crazy but no dimples at all yet. I have never seen that before.

Theme integration and immersion is possibly the best ever. May have taken over TAF as best immersion of all time. Really is that good. Once code is polished... WOWwwweeeee

#10965 4 years ago

I enjoyed see the sling pop bumper in lots of game action. Pretty cool how it could, and did often, slings balls up and around the horseshoe. That's actually a great "toy" on it's own.

#10966 4 years ago

Rally wanted to see you flip a full, solo game, Whysnow. You looked like you were getting it dialed.

Congrats. I can only imagine how many flippers that thing is going to pull in for you guys.

#10967 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Happy to.
Fun mech use combined with great shot geometry, art is great, lights and sound are beyond good, even beta code is super fun and pretty well balanced already.
This PF is the best quality I have seen to date. Crazy but no dimples at all yet. I have never seen that before.
Theme integration and immersion is possibly the best ever. May have taken over TAF as best immersion of all time. Really is that good. Once code is polished... WOWwwweeeee

Nice job today bud. Really cool of you to share this with the world.

#10968 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Happy to.

Yes!!

Also, I’ve been wondering is is Why-Snow, or Whys-Now?

#10969 4 years ago

Taken after today's steam... this was more work than I can describe. Super proud of our team!
Much more goodness to come very soon... games are moving, thanks to everyone who believes in Spooky.[quoted image]

Will there be factory mylar on the pop bumper areas and the drop areas?
I hate ripping apart a brand new game to add it.

#10970 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I enjoyed see the sling pop bumper in lots of game action. Pretty cool how it could, and did often, slings balls up and around the horseshoe. That's actually a great "toy" on it's own.

Agree, I wasn't sure what to think of it at first, but watching it in action, it actually looks like it adds a lot to the game play.

#10971 4 years ago
Quoted from SGSA:

We are hoping for the end of January to have something we can ship. We just shipped one to a friend who has TNA and will be testing the kit on his machine . We will probably need to do some tweaks once he has it up and running. We are close! Feel free to email me at [email protected] so I can add you to our list of people to notify when the kit is ready.

We finally got them posted for sale on our website! We were hoping for the end of January but mid-February isn't too bad Retail is $180. Yes, they are more expensive than our other kits but it was necessary due to a more complicated design and build time.

We have tested on ACNC & TNA and they are working wonderfully! The subwoofer output kicks butt! Below is the quote from our tester on TNA. Testing on Rick and Morty will be confirmed soon but at this point there is no reason to believe we will have a problem.

Here is the link https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/spooky-pinball

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

Thank you.

~Sandra

PP9 TNA Comment (resized).pngPP9 TNA Comment (resized).png
#10972 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Agree, I wasn't sure what to think of it at first, but watching it in action, it actually looks like it adds a lot to the game play.

The Mode that requires direct Pop Bumper and Sling Hits is great. Serving into that pop will be a blast.

#10973 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Happy to.

Well done. Now go pour yourself some Elijah Craig 18 and celebrate.

#10974 4 years ago

Stream now posted to YouTube for those that missed it.

#10975 4 years ago

Thanks to everyone who tuned in tonight, and to Chuck and Scott for allowing me to reveal another spooky title.
Awesome game, awesome people, awesome hangs.

#10976 4 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks to everyone who tuned in tonight, and to Chuck and Scott for allowing me to reveal another spooky title.
Awesome game, awesome people, awesome hangs.

Nice Job today JD

#10977 4 years ago

❤️❤️❤️

#10978 4 years ago

Thanks for hosting it. Stream looked great.
Don't know how I feel about those sneakers?

But the stream quality was top notch.

#10979 4 years ago

Love that Sinking Ship shirt mang.
My other favorite Indy bar. Machines are Nate Luke's and they are top shelf shiny and nice

#10980 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Love that Sinking Ship shirt mang.
My other favorite Indy bar. Machines are Nate Luke's and they are top shelf shiny and nice

Look at you with the complete sentences!

#10981 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Looks like Scott will be there[quoted image]

That must be one of them Stern cars. Looks like the heat is broken. Or maybe you need to pay extra for it, lol!

Freezing in Stern car (resized).jpegFreezing in Stern car (resized).jpeg
#10982 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Glad I heard it from Whysnow instead of Iceman.

Why? Greatest game I’ve ever seen!

#10983 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Look at you with the complete sentences!

Badge of honor. And I wear it proudly.

#10984 4 years ago

I got down to I/O this afternoon just as the stream was ending and got to check out the game in person and play 5 games. I got to see the game with the glass off which allowed me to see everything up close. My jaw dropped when I saw the quality of the playfield. The playfield looked like glass and it looked almost like it had a playfield protector on it as I couldn't see any dimples whatsoever. Whatever Spooky is doing is far and above what the other manufacturers and even CPR are doing. It looked like a professionally restored playfield. It was really impressive to see.

As for the game itself, it vastly exceeded my expectations. This game is the real deal and was really fun to shoot. Some of the shots can be a little bit hard to find but they don't feel too tight or unfair. My 2nd game I put up 8.3 million. I was able to hit the portal shot off the skillshot 3 times in 5 games, and was able to make the upper loop shot pretty regularly.-this was my favorite shot in the game. I thought the toughest shot was the left ramp just because of the steepness. You can hit it off a trap though. I'd compare the difficulty to the roller-coaster ramp in Oktoberfest. It kind of feels like that left target bank is obstructing it when you line it up visually, but it doesn't. The scoop was also more difficult than I thought it would be and some shots do reject out which can be a little frustrating. The right ramp feels like the Star Wars right ramp and that quick turn-around shot feels nice and smooth as well. It really screams around the horse-shoe, and that is a really fun mech and utilized well. The pop bumper keeps you on your toes but doesn't feel unfair. You kind of want to play that like Andromeda where you keep your flipper up in a trap position to protect yourself from draining. The magna save is well implemented and harder to pull off than I thought it would be. I was able to save a couple, but also lost a couple that I was trying to save.

The theme integration along with sound and light show is likely the best I've ever seen. There were things I thought I might not like about the game when seeing it in pictures or on stream but after playing it in person there really isn't anything I don't like about the game. The layout is on the more difficult side in terms of shot difficulty. It reminds me a bit of JP2 in that regard. There aren't really any "easy" shots on the game. The right ramp and that quick turn around shot are likely the easiest and they aren't gimmie's by any means. I think most of the shots are medium to medium-hard. I didn't find any of the shots to be overly difficult.

Overall I know that Spooky has a major hit on their hands as I think this pin brings all the elements I would want in a pin together so well! I think the game is going to continue to get even better as new software is released and I can't wait until I have it in my collection soon! Bravo team Spooky and thanks to Jack for the excellent quality stream!
IMG_20200215_152600_1 (resized).jpgIMG_20200215_152600_1 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200215_151606 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200215_151606 (resized).jpg

#10985 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

whysnow Thanks again for sharing this stream, and bringing the world along on a Day-1 celebration of this incredible looking pin.

Yea really, Hilton made it possible to see a good stream of it, plus open up the owners club. Only thing annoying about the stream was K-man making comments about the number of shirts you had on.

#10986 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Yea really, Hilton made it possible to see a good stream of it, plus open up the owners club. Only thing annoying about the stream was K-man making comments about the number of shirts you had on.

LOL, layering in WI is a smart thing It was 5 degrees when I woke up and 40 when I left the bar.

I heard he was trolling and offered to pay $500 if I wore 3 shirts... so I put on a 3rd and then a 4th.
He only paid up $300... Guy owes another $200. Hopefully he makes good an sends it over on Jacks next stream.

#10987 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I got down to I\O this afternoon just as the stream was ending and got to check out the game in person and play 5 games. I got to see the game with the glass off which allowed me to see everything up close. My jaw dropped when I saw the quality of the playfield. The playfield looked like glass and it looked almost like it had a playfield protector on it as I couldn't see any dimples whatsoever. Whatever Spooky is doing is far and above what the other manufacturers and even CPR are doing. It looked like a professionally restored playfield. It was really impressive to see.
As for the game itself, it vastly exceeded my expectations. This game is the real deal and was really fun to shoot. Some of the shots can be a little bit hard to find but they don't feel too tight or unfair. My 2nd game I put up 8.3 million. I was able to hit the portal shot off the skillshot 3 times in 5 games, and was able to make the upper loop shot pretty regularly.-this was my favorite shot in the game. I thought the toughest shot was the left ramp just because of the steepness. You can hit it off a trap though. I'd compare the difficulty to the roller-coaster ramp in Oktoberfest. It kind of feels like that left target bank is obstructing it when you line it up visually, but it doesn't. The scoop was also more difficult than I thought it would be and some shots do reject out which can be a little frustrating. The right ramp feels like the Star Wars right ramp and that quick turn-around shot feels nice and smooth as well. It really screams around the horse-shoe, and that is a really fun mech and utilized well. The pop bumper keeps you on your toes but doesn't feel unfair. You kind of want to play that like Andromeda where you keep your flipper up in a trap position to protect yourself from draining. The magna save is well implemented and harder to pull off than I thought it would be. I was able to save a couple, but also lost a couple that I was trying to save.
The theme integration along with sound and light show is likely the best I've ever seen. There were things I thought I might not like about the game when seeing it in pictures or on stream but after playing it in person there really isn't anything I don't like about the game. The layout is on the more difficult side in terms of shot difficulty. It reminds me a bit of JP2 in that regard. There aren't really any "easy" shots on the game. The right ramp and that quick turn around shot are likely the easiest and they aren't gimmie's by any means. I think most of the shots are medium to medium-hard. I didn't find any of the shots to be overly difficult.
Overall I know that Spooky has a major hit on their hands as I think this pin brings all the elements I would want in a pin together so well! I think the game is going to continue to get even better as new software is released and I can't wait until I have it in my collection soon! Bravo team Spooky and thanks to Jack for the excellent quality stream![quoted image][quoted image]

good review and good to see you Mike! Been way too long since we have been able to play a regular game of pinball out and about.

If you plan to make it over some evening this week then LMK. Eric will likely have me next code update by the time I get up on Sunday

#10988 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I got down to I\O this afternoon just as the stream was ending and got to check out the game in person and play 5 games. I got to see the game with the glass off which allowed me to see everything up close. My jaw dropped when I saw the quality of the playfield. The playfield looked like glass and it looked almost like it had a playfield protector on it as I couldn't see any dimples whatsoever. Whatever Spooky is doing is far and above what the other manufacturers and even CPR are doing. It looked like a professionally restored playfield. It was really impressive to see.
Overall I know that Spooky has a major hit on their hands as I think this pin brings all the elements I would want in a pin together so well! I think the game is going to continue to get even better as new software is released and I can't wait until I have it in my collection soon! Bravo team Spooky and thanks to Jack for the excellent quality stream![quoted image][quoted image]

What a nice looking art/armor package.

#10989 4 years ago

Noticed that the Pinside formula is broken due to people flipping presale spots; which then calculate as game average.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/machine-price-estimate-inaccurate-for-pre-order-sales#post-5473646

#10990 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

good review and good to see you Mike! Been way too long since we have been able to play a regular game of pinball out and about.
If you plan to make it over some evening this week then LMK. Eric will likely have me next code update by the time I get up on Sunday

Sounds good Hilton. Yeah, I wish I could make it out more often to play! Thanks for putting this together. It was great seeing you and the team Spooky Guys as well.

#10991 4 years ago

Great to hear the positive feedback after the stream. Game looks beautiful. Happy to hear the shots are hard but makeable - plenty of easier games out there.

#10992 4 years ago

So many Rick & Morty threads, they don’t fit on one page

45882000-79FC-4652-9ED0-7CBD81D87922 (resized).jpeg45882000-79FC-4652-9ED0-7CBD81D87922 (resized).jpeg
#10993 4 years ago

I tried to watch this cartoon and it was not my cup of tea. However, I watched some of the gameplay stream and I gotta say the game looks frigging awesome. Congrats to those of you who are into the theme and are getting the game, looks like Spooky did you right.
And a free topper to boot?! Lucky bastards!

#10994 4 years ago

I agree ^^. Cartoon isn’t my thing, but I’m really regretting not snagging a spot. Anyone that wants a reasonable exit from a later slot - hit me!

#10995 4 years ago

Fwiw, Scott has ridden with me in my car when the heat was broken and we shared a blanket and I lit the romance candle

#10996 4 years ago

Adult Swim Stupid Morning Bullshit crew stopped by today.
Sally had a message for her detractors in the pinball community.

IMG_2969 (resized).JPGIMG_2969 (resized).JPGWide (resized).JPGWide (resized).JPG
#10997 4 years ago

That guy in the blue scarf is just begging to contract the flu, huh? Everyone knows you don’t play pinball and them stick your fingers in your mouth. Is he the “stupid” part of the morning BS?

#10998 4 years ago

My first question is wth were they doing in Omaha?

#10999 4 years ago

Some nice CGC’s right there.

#11000 4 years ago

I can’t quite make this plaque out, Hilton can you tell me what it says?

C45A165C-FD37-454E-B4EA-E5A8D0CDBA50 (resized).jpegC45A165C-FD37-454E-B4EA-E5A8D0CDBA50 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/220?hl=guitarded and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.