20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 246.
#10801 4 years ago

If you watch the stream tomorrow you can see where the game is currently at (which is already really good) .6 months from now the game will be further along and even better . It’s fun to watch the progress.

#10802 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Based on your 205 of 270 posts in the Spooky thread I am going to guess your excited lol. Watch them now its going to be a Long time to keep the wow a secret. Plus you can still come by and play hopefully in a few weeks as these awesome toys start to hit the streets.

Yeah but who’s counting....

Edit, 206 now

#10803 4 years ago

I have been asked a bunch so posting here for all that are interested.

R&M #2 will be available for all to play immediately following the world premier stream on Saturday.
Location is IO Arcade Bar in Madison (720 Williamson St).
12 pins plus 30+ regional and local beers plus 30+ classic arcades.

Stream will likely be around 2 hours (I think that is normal for a game release?).
Jack and Spooky have some guests coming it sounds like and should be a fun stream.

I am hoping Scott and Eric can make it. Team Spooky are obviously pretty busy currently so unsure what may unfold.

Man I am pumped to play this game!

#10804 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

KT I’m not having a dig at spooky but when folks above publish incorrect statements I’m going to respond. I’ve seen enough TNA’s with my own eyes and thru the forum that makes me feel very confident. Frankly though the number isn’t irrelevant in my view the fact is that there was a problem like the other manufacturers, you can dispel that confidence on how many with posting the list of games who had that duff component, it would help future used buyers know what they are getting also!

Are you drunk?

#10805 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

R&M #2 will be available for all to play immediately following the world premier stream on Saturday.
Stream will likely be around 2 hours (I think that is normal for a game release?).
Jack and Spooky have some guests coming it sounds like and should be a fun stream.
I am hoping Scott and Eric can make it. Team Spooky are obviously pretty busy currently so unsure what may unfold.

Super excited for you guys! Congrats and really happy to see a local spot get this.

#10806 4 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:Answering incorrect statements with incorrect statements and labelling them as facts is a bit hypocritical.
Quoted from guitarded:

Just the facts are.

of course they are and that isn't want I meant; I apologise, I meant from the point of view that one is bad enough;

I believe that there are greater than >100 TNA's affected by the chipping problem I take my evidence from the 50 odd TNA's I've seen in the wild (I travel a lot), every game that came to the UK is damaged, and I've seen about 6 in Europe that are damaged, plus what's been posted on pinside. Spooky can remove the doubt by posting how many were affected and the numbers, although honestly, I personally don't care anymore as I got a new playfield. If it is less than 100 that's great and you can all tell me I was wrong and downvote me for ever more!

If someone posts that the play fields are all great and are better and they haven't had the pooling issues that Stern or JJP have had; sorry but I'm going to post my experience and the data that I've seen with my own eyes. Still doubtful about the fact that I'm just here to make shit up for no good reason? Go read the TNA thread and take your own view if everything is perfect.

I've got an R&M on order and I'm looking forward to playing the game even though I'm not really a fan of the cartoon.

#10807 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Spooky can remove the doubt by posting how many were affected

KT did.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

If it is less than 100 that's great

That's what KT posted.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

and you can all tell me I was wrong and downvote me for ever more!

Duly noted.

#10808 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Spooky can remove the doubt by posting how many were affected and the numbers

Huh? That’s like wanting a car manufacturer to keep track of all defects in every car they have on the road. Compiling a data base, and making it available to the public. This is a crazy idea. Why don’t you just ask the seller? And if you think the seller is hiding something...don’t buy it.

#10809 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

KT did.

That's what KT posted.

Duly noted.

A list of every number ? Where?

Cheers,
Neil

#10810 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Huh? That’s like wanting a car manufacturer to keep track of all defects in every car they have on the road. Compiling a data base, and making it available to the public. This is a crazy idea. Why don’t you just ask the seller? And if you think the seller is hiding something...don’t buy it.

You do know that car manufacturers do this? as do most manufacturers? batch numbers so that if you have a problem you can trace it and deal with it especially from a safety point of view.

#10811 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I believe that there are greater than >100 TNA's affected by the chipping problem I take my evidence from the 50 odd TNA's I've seen in the wild (I travel a lot), every game that came to the UK is damaged, and I've seen about 6 in Europe that are damaged, plus what's been posted on pinside

R. Kelly believes he can fly. Doesn't make that a fact, though.

My guess is you are falling prey to observation bias. You've seen what appears to be a significant number and you are conflating that impression with statistics. If you want to test against this, record your observations and compile a list yourself. I'm betting you come up with less than 1/2 of the volume you think exists.

#10812 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

You do know that car manufacturers do this? as do most manufacturers? batch numbers so that if you have a problem you can trace it and deal with it especially from a safety point of view.

I know of stuff like carfax (etc), but that’s not completely accurate. Only if it is reported...and there is a lot that’s not.

#10813 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

A list of every number ? Where?

Oh, you want that? Lol, get real.

Listen, we understand that your ass is chapped because you got one of the bad TNA playfields, didn't get a brand-new game shipped to the UK to replace it, and that nothing short of that will ever make it 100% right in your eyes. What numbers can KT give you that will possibly make you feel better? Would an itemized list of every single TNA affected help you sleep at night?

Aren't you like, loaded or something? You hit the life lottery. Boo-hoo one of my rich boy toys isn't perfect, get the fuck over it. At this point your time is far more limited than your money. Why not spend it on something constructive?

#10814 4 years ago

Not sure why harping on the past is useful. They addressed the playfield issue and now - the current product - is fixed. They fixed it. Move the fuck on.

#10815 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I know of stuff like carfax (etc), but that’s not completely accurate. Only if it is reported...and there is a lot that’s not.

No that's not what I meant. Each car manufacturer has a database of every car with every part number and batch in that car, in my business we have it on every device we make, (look here for how apple handle faulty issues https://support.apple.com/en-gb/iphone6s-unexpectedshutdown).

#10816 4 years ago

I'm sure when Spooky starts making GM or Apple money they'll invest in a similar database.

#10817 4 years ago

It sucks that it happened to you...it sucks it happened at all. Spooky said they know what happened and have corrected it. I hope my faith isn't misplaced, but I really do trust them more then any other company in the industry.

#10818 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Oh, you want that? Lol, get real.
Listen, we understand that your ass is chapped because you got one of the bad TNA playfields, didn't get a brand-new game shipped to the UK to replace it, and that nothing short of that will ever make it 100% right in your eyes. What numbers can KT give you that will possibly make you feel better? Would an itemized list of every single TNA affected help you sleep at night?
Aren't you like, loaded or something? Just get over it. You hit the life lottery. Boo-hoo one of my rich boy toys isn't perfect, get the fuck over it. At this point in your life your time is far more limited than your money. Why not spend it on something positive?

eh no you aren't listening and you don't understand. My ass isn't chapped on that. I got a new play field I'm happy!

What I'm not going to stand back and watch folks be told a story that isn't true, whether its play fields or anything else.

I intervene all the time_ to avoid people being ripped off, I'm helped setup a company here that helps people when they've been ripped off, talk to me in the bar if you want to know more, or don't I promise my ass won't be chapped!

Regards,
Neil.

#10819 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It sucks that it happened at all, and it sucks that it happened to you. Spooky said they know what happened and have corrected it. I hope my faith isn't misplaced, but I really do trust them more then any other company in the industry.

I also trust them.

#10820 4 years ago

<rant warning>

Having just read through 2 years and 6000 posts on the TNA thread, I am completely content waiting until later this year to see my R&M #427.
Spooky has made great QC and process improvements since they began this journey and kudos to them. Pinball machines are complex mechanical devices, now with complex computers added to them, that are expected to interact with humans. As we know, all humans play exactly the same, it should be simple to build bomb proof pins.
Truth is lots of things can be uncovered in "field testing" in homes and on routes. All you "early adopters" that can't be patient in receiving your pin can be my hardware beta testers. By the time i see my machine, I will know exactly what to expect and what modifications (i.e. washers under star posts) need to be made.
There is a lot to be learned from the TNA club thread.
Lots of folks have joined this hobby knowing very little about pinball machines. Getting into collecting pins in the late 90s you entered by getting an old very used pinball machine and bringing it back to life. The only folks really buying NIB pins were operators and a couple of folks we were ALL jealous of. Now when a pin is purchased its seen as an investment rather than an expense. SMH. These things are built with the understanding that they will break and will need to be repaired. The origin of pins should give folks a clue as to what to expect. They were bought to make money. Put it on route, minimal investment for upkeep, resell it if you can once you've made your money back.
Now if folks get a pin with a broken bulb they want compensation for it. SERIOUSLY?
Yes its a lot of money for a pinball, but it was never intended to be a personal toy.
If i have ever seen a worst case of "first world drama", this "new" hobby is it.

Enjoy your pinball machine!
Plan on learning how to fix it.
Recognize great customer service when you see it.

Never forget, it's only a game.

Nobody made you spend so much money on a toy that was built with a different purpose in mind.

<end rant>

Go Spooky! You are killing it!

#10821 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I'm sure when Spooky starts making GM or Apple money they'll invest in a similar database.

I'd get one now, even if its a spreadsheet, if supplier X phones you and says, we think power supplies from batch A to batch B might go on fire. You are going to want to know who has them. And it happens more often than most folks realise.

Neil.

#10822 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

you aren't listening

Bingo.

#10823 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

eh no you aren't listening and you don't understand. My ass isn't chapped on that. I got a new play field I'm happy!
What I'm not going to stand back and watch folks be told a story that isn't true, whether its play fields or anything else.
I intervene all the time_ to avoid people being ripped off, I'm helped setup a company here that helps people when they've been ripped off, talk to me in the bar if you want to know more, or don't I promise my ass won't be chapped!
Regards,
Neil.

They told you... It is the truth. Less than 100

They are not going to give you exact game #s and they should not be expected to.
They have been clear that is was a small portion of the total run, admitted the issue and corrected it... It you expect any more, you are frankly off your rocker.

Why berate the best customer service in the business. Please go take this up with Stern. They have given us nothing for data and claim it is all fixed but it is not.

#10824 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I also trust them.

But you accuse them of being dishonest...

You have issues my man.

#10825 4 years ago

great you won't mind me posting about it then.

#10826 4 years ago

Lol, like we have a choice. Hell hath no fury like a boomer scorned.

#10827 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

But you accuse them of being dishonest...
You have issues my man.

I trust them from the point view they have learned what went wrong and have addressed it. And yes I have issues, like every human on the planet dood.

#10829 4 years ago

Is it saturday club thread opening time yet?

#10830 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Lol, like we have a choice. Hell hath no fury like a boomer scorned.

ok now I'm really offended LOL

#10831 4 years ago

and I'm freaking younger than you! LOL

#10833 4 years ago

Yawn.

#10834 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The second you make over 1000 dollars on your location game, please let me know so I can throw a fit.

Thanks.

#10835 4 years ago

What’s with all the negativity on this thread? Wait am I on the Stranger Things thread???

Seriously... downvotes for this?

Have you guys been on STH thread?

#10836 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

What’s with all the negativity on this thread? Wait am I on the Stranger Things thread???

The negative emotions that Stern is causing is spilling into the ether.

#10837 4 years ago

Thanks.
I went ahead and favorited the thread, just so it’s easier to find when it unlocked.

#10838 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Thanks.
I went ahead and favorited the thread, just so it’s easier to find when it unlocked.

As if everyone weirdly clamoring for the club thread *won't* keep a permanent bonfire icon next to it for weeks?

#10839 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

No it just means if I have 20 games going to OZ ie 8, 73, 109, 210, 300 etc those numbers will ALL be built at the same time so they can go in a container all at once & not sit here doing nothing for months.
If we get a batch of butters in ---10 cabinets & the numbers that need them are 5,12,21,34,43,51, 60 then they will all get built at the same time. They will get mixed in with whatever numbers run we are doing. So if we are doing 50-80 they will get mixed in with that bunch.

Well that makes sense, building in batches. I’ve been making a rough assumption on my delivery based on number / 10 = weeks out. Now I guess I just wait and get surprised.

#10840 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well that makes sense, building in batches. I’ve been making a rough assumption on my delivery based on number / 10 = weeks out. Now I guess I just wait and get surprised.

That was TNA. And for Overseas Shipping.

Waaaay back in the Thread Spooky said they won't be batch building Butter Cabs anymore. Now they can fit them onto the line in order, apparently.

#10841 4 years ago

Mmmmmm... sweet creamery butter...

#10842 4 years ago

I’m really looking forward to reading all the field research on how the game plays and functions on location the next couple of weeks.

#10843 4 years ago

What I don't get is the mention that TNA had some bad playfields, then they corrected it, and then jumping to R&M and state that Spooky "appears" to have fixed the problem with hinted questions of trust. Trying to paraphrase the whole suggestive argument in a few sentences here, but why read back in the TNA thread for possible doubt as someone suggested? Are you forgetting that there was another game of 500 units built between TNA and R&M?? Read back in the ACNC thread if you have any doubt. The only "problem" you will really see other than minor adjustments and code fixes is that some numbnuts threw a tantrum (and got his money back) on getting a game where the door lock came unscrewed during shipping. There have been ZERO issues with playfields since Spooky fixed the TNA problem including the ENTIRE RUN of ACNC games. I am fairly certain that R&M will have the same high quality.

#10844 4 years ago

Looks like we have another preorder spot listed. Currently at $1,700 with a few days to go:

ebay.com link: 0

#10845 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Mmmmmm... sweetfresh creamery butter...

#10846 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Looks like we have another preorder spot listed. Currently at $1,700 with a few days to go:
ebay.com link

E50E90CB-E0B8-4FA3-AEE0-6A2B7D6E01FD (resized).jpegE50E90CB-E0B8-4FA3-AEE0-6A2B7D6E01FD (resized).jpeg
#10847 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Anyone putting a low build (or any build) R&M on location in SE PA area?

There will be one at Lyman's Tavern in DC next week.

Don't know if it's close enough for you but they also have an Alien and other great pins, so may be worth a trip.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#10848 4 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

There will be one at Lyman's Tavern in DC next week.
Don't know if it's close enough for you but they also have an Alien and other great pins, so may be worth a trip.

3.5 hour drive, that's a bit long, but never played Alien, hmmmm. Thanks.

#10849 4 years ago

My valentines from my wife. Shes also excited about the r&m pin. Didnt have any r&m funko pops prior to today but i see in the future im just gonna have to collect them all.

20200214_151815 (resized).jpg20200214_151815 (resized).jpg
#10850 4 years ago

Your wife calls you Daddy? Awesome.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,500.00
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/217?hl=zaphx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.