20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 246.
#10751 4 years ago

And to go off-topic, the next Spooky machine has been leaked...

next_machine.pngnext_machine.png
#10752 4 years ago

Man, Scott really needs to up his Hat game.

#10753 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

And to go off-topic, the next Spooky machine has been leaked...[quoted image]

hell yes!

#10754 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Man, Scott really needs to up his Hat game.

But not his hoodie!

#10755 4 years ago

Congrats to I/O Arcade Bar and Madison Pinball for hosting the stream! If you're near Madison, WI, it's a great place for games and pins.

Game lineup here: https://ioarcade.bar/#games-section

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10756 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

That's way too many flipper buttons to keep track of.

#10757 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

proof of concept only, I'm not putting 30 minutes into a photoshop for this joke...

914eae3e96361909f39c974e9045d5351de45504 (resized).jpg914eae3e96361909f39c974e9045d5351de45504 (resized).jpg
#10758 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

proof of concept only, I'm not putting 30 minutes into a photoshop for this joke...[quoted image]

That balls going to leave a hell of a dimple.

#10759 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

"few hundred" totalled palyfields? Where in the world do you pull this shit from?

I call them facts! People started to see this problem at game number 90ish. I was game number 102. Aniraf linked above was #218. Folks with game number 400 where seeing this also (floyd1977). All through the thread there are games from 90s all the way into the 400's. sorry but important to have a balanced view on these things.

#10760 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I call them facts! People started to see this problem at game number 90ish. I was game number 102. Aniraf linked above was #218. Folks with game number 400 where seeing this also (floyd1977). All through the thread there are games from 90s all the way into the 400's. sorry but important to have a balanced view on these things.

But you said totaled play fields. Most have a tiny bit of paint abrasion around the posts that’s way different than being totaled.

#10761 4 years ago

given that jack is now (apparently) a stern employee, I wonder if they'll see the stream as conflict of interest?

#10762 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

given that jack is now (apparently) a stern employee, I wonder if they'll see the stream as conflict of interest?

I want to say that early on when Jack became a Stern employee, he also negotiated the right to be able to do his own thing (ie stream from other manufacturers). I may be wrong, but I think it was around the TNA streams that this happened. Can't remember 100%

#10763 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

Let's hope he doesn't deliberately play it poorly

#10764 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

But you said totaled play fields. Most have a tiny bit of paint abrasion around the posts that’s way different than being totaled.

not in my view.

#10765 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I'm sure it's all ok.

#10766 4 years ago

Streaming with the "Spooky Pinball Crew" !

#10767 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

Maybe if Spooky was a threat but 750 games over a few years is a drop the bucket for Stern. Nothing against Spooky and their business model works excellent for them and will keep them full over the next few years.

#10768 4 years ago

Hay you Pinheads,don't leave the ladies out today>happy Valentines Day to all our Ladies out there!!!

#10769 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Huh. I know several people that have TNA's with no playfield issues, therefore I say hundreds have zero issues. Funny how that can be with only hundreds made in total.

#10770 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Maybe if Spooky was a threat but 750 games over a few years is a drop the bucket for Stern. Nothing against Spooky and their business model works excellent for them and will keep them full over the next few years.

I only comment since the club thread will be opening in less than 24hrs and this one can go full dumpster fire if needed

you are joking, right?

Stranger Things has sold <300 pros and <200 Premium/LEs from what I have been told.
The public tracked sites seem to corroborate that.

The pinball market is getting crowded, secondary prices are dropping big time on Stern resales, and they are still having major PR and QC issues.
5.6mil+ in sales is a huge dent in the overall pinball market. Talk to any distributor and they will tell you that last year models are sitting and new Sterns are awful (further evidenced by yet another ironman reboot and Stern distributors like GAP looking for additional $$$ by getting in and then flipping their allotment for a premium)

Stern pays close attention to all that is happening and they correctly understand that all other manufacturers are in the same space as them.

#10771 4 years ago

To ruin the games modes and light shows or to not ruin the games modes and light shows....that is the question. Watch or dont watch.

11-12 months is a long wait...but I might be able to live....hmmmm

#10772 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I only comment since the club thread will be opening in less than 24hrs and this one can go full dumpster fire if needed

Nothing I said was negative towards Spooky and when it's all said and done Stern will have sold a lot more StTh then 500 along with TMNT, LZ, and whatever handful of titles they release by the time Spooky ships game 750. GAP has always flipped games and that is nothing new. I know for a fact if a title is hot he will not sell his entire allotment and will keep a few just so he can flip once the market demand peaks.

#10773 4 years ago

If anyone has a sub 100 game number and wants to swap with our 264, pm me what you would need for it.

Added over 4 years ago:

#10774 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hay you Pinheads,don't leave the ladies out today>happy Valentines Day to all our Ladies out there!!!

Speaking of ladies, listen to the ladies of Spooky pinball (Squirrel and KT) interviewed on epiaode 32 of The Backbox Pinball Podcast. Learn an interesting tidbit regarding the Rick and Morty topper design.

https://backboxpinballpodcast.fireside.fm/32

#10775 4 years ago

I like a lot of Stern games, but they are their own worst enemy. To keep this on topic...I'm excited for the stream on Saturday. Should be...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10776 4 years ago

I'm sitting here going, should I watch the stream or not watch the stream...but who am I kidding, I'll watch it!

#10777 4 years ago

I'll be laying a ton of laminate flooring all day tomorrow. Hope he archives the stream.

#10778 4 years ago

Anyone putting a low build (or any build) R&M on location in SE PA area?

#10779 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you are joking, right?
Stranger Things has sold <300 pros and <200 Premium/LEs from what I have been told.
The public tracked sites seem to corroborate that.
The pinball market is getting crowded, secondary prices are dropping big time on Stern resales, and they are still having major PR and QC issues.
5.6mil+ in sales is a huge dent in the overall pinball market. Talk to any distributor and they will tell you that last year models are sitting and new Sterns are awful (further evidenced by yet another ironman reboot and Stern distributors like GAP looking for additional $$$ by getting in and then flipping their allotment for a premium)
Stern pays close attention to all that is happening and they correctly understand that all other manufacturers are in the same space as them.

Very insightful, thanks for the insider information. I suspected this, but I was under the impression the market (demand) was still expanding. From what you're saying, it sounds like the pinball market hit its peak in early to mid 2019.

In that case, welcome to an oversaturated pinball marketplace!

The next 2 years are going to be *very* interesting...

#10780 4 years ago

Wow...the 2 x 5k pre-order spots here are sale pending....

#10781 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

What you are not taking into account is that the build number did not & will not match up in sequence. We will always have to build out of order to work in the butter cabinets when they are ready so they don't sit around the shop with the chance of them getting damaged. You are also not taking in the fact that we build container games all at the same time regardless of their numbers. If I have 20 games going to OZ then I build all 20 at once no matter what the numbers are. Therefore the build numbers WILL NEVER go in a true numerical order. That is why the few boards ---WAY less then a 100 are all over the map in game numbers.

#10782 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

#10783 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

What you are not taking into account is that the build number did not & will not match up in sequence. We will always have to build out of order to work in the butter cabinets when they are ready so they don't sit around the shop with the chance of them getting damaged. You are also not taking in the fact that we build container games all at the same time regardless of their numbers. If I have 20 games going to OZ then I build all 20 at once no matter what the numbers are. Therefore the build numbers WILL NEVER go in a true numerical order. That is why the few boards ---WAY less then a 100 are all over the map in game numbers.

Wait, WHAT? Lower number doesn’t mean earlier receipt? We need a way to know our place in line.

EDIT: Why the downvotes? I’m not hating here, just surprised as I’ve been under the assumption that order number is (roughly) place in line. Was I alone in that assumption?

#10784 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wait, WHAT? Lower number doesn’t mean earlier receipt? We need a way to know our place in line.

Pretty sure she was referring to games going across the pond. It's not economical to send each game in its own container.

#10785 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No it just means if I have 20 games going to OZ ie 8, 73, 109, 210, 300 etc those numbers will ALL be built at the same time so they can go in a container all at once & not sit here doing nothing for months.

If we get a batch of butters in ---10 cabinets & the numbers that need them are 5,12,21,34,43,51, 60 then they will all get built at the same time. They will get mixed in with whatever numbers run we are doing. So if we are doing 50-80 they will get mixed in with that bunch.

#10786 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

If I have 20 games going to OZ then I build all 20 at once no matter what the numbers are.

Do you have a gestimate on when the Oz games will be shipping .

#10787 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Do you have a gestimate on when the Oz games will be shipping .

Hoping for April/May ship date. If for no other reason then it is a pain the rear to load the containers in snow & ice lol. We did that this past Monday for a container of Alice Coopers going to Austria...... lets just say forklifts & ice = a very nervous KT for 2 hours .

#10788 4 years ago

So, there you go people.

Rather than spend money to get an earlier spot, buy butter and you will get it earlier.

And help Spooky.

Win, win.

#10789 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

Hoping for April/May ship date. If for no other reason then it is a pain the rear to load the containers in snow & ice lol. We did that this past Monday for a container of Alice Coopers going to Austria...... lets just say forklifts & ice = a very nervous KT for 2 hours .

Thanks for that . Add another month on the ship not too bad . Some lucky operator is going to get a lot of my money from me playing this game .

#10790 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, there you go people.
Rather than spend money to get an earlier spot, buy butter and you will get it earlier.
And help Spooky.
Win, win.

or get in later... they did not say they will build in based on the first one in the butter sequence.

#10791 4 years ago

They are also talking about a past game and have said butter cabinets for Rick and Morty are now in house and will be built in order.

#10792 4 years ago

I have #710 which I figured to be the second to last BSE made. Happy to trade straight up for your early spot! LOL

#10793 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That is crazy! I wonder what someone would offer me for my fully loaded, butter dipped #34 spot. Jeesh.

#10794 4 years ago

I have #253 from Spooky direct and would be potentially interested in trading up in line depending on the offer. Shoot me a PM.

#10795 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

No it just means if I have 20 games going to OZ ie 8, 73, 109, 210, 300 etc those numbers will ALL be built at the same time so they can go in a container all at once & not sit here doing nothing for months.
If we get a batch of butters in ---10 cabinets & the numbers that need them are 5,12,21,34,43,51, 60 then they will all get built at the same time. They will get mixed in with whatever numbers run we are doing. So if we are doing 50-80 they will get mixed in with that bunch.

Have you received 10 butter orders to justify starting a run on the butters by chance?

- Asking for a friend...

#10796 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

KT I’m not having a dig at spooky but when folks above publish incorrect statements I’m going to respond. I’ve seen enough TNA’s with my own eyes and thru the forum that makes me feel very confident. Frankly though the number isn’t irrelevant in my view the fact is that there was a problem like the other manufacturers, you can dispel that confidence on how many with posting the list of games who had that duff component, it would help future used buyers know what they are getting also!

#10797 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

KT I’m not having a dig at spooky but when folks above publish incorrect statements I’m going to respond. I’ve seen enough TNA’s with my own eyes and thru the forum that makes me feel very confident. Frankly though the number isn’t irrelevant in my view the fact is that there was a problem like the other manufacturers, you can dispel that confidence on how many with posting the list of games who had that duff component, it would help future used buyers know what they are getting also!

Answering incorrect statements with incorrect statements and labelling them as facts is a bit hypocritical.

#10798 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Frankly though the number isn’t irrelevant in my view

Just the facts are.

#10799 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

To ruin the games modes and light shows or to not ruin the games modes and light shows....that is the question. Watch or dont watch.
11-12 months is a long wait...but I might be able to live....hmmmm

Quoted from Zablon:

I'm sitting here going, should I watch the stream or not watch the stream...but who am I kidding, I'll watch it!

I have over a year until I get mine but I’m watching those streams any and all that come out because it gets me even more excited about the game!

And besides that I’m probably going to play it on location as soon as possible… And I’m planning to take a trip to spooky factory soon so I’ll probably play it there to!

Will call the trip to spooky a practice run for when I really have to go pick up my new Rick and Morty pin!

#10800 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I have over a year until I get mine but I’m watching those streams any and all that come out because it gets me even more excited about the game!
And besides that I’m probably going to play it on location as soon as possible… And I’m planning to take a trip to spooky factory soon so I’ll probably play it there to!
Will call the trip to spooky a practice run for when I really have to go pick up my new Rick and Morty pin!

Based on your 205 of 270 posts in the Spooky thread I am going to guess your excited lol. Watch them now its going to be a Long time to keep the wow a secret. Plus you can still come by and play hopefully in a few weeks as these awesome toys start to hit the streets.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 13,500.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 28.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 300.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/216?hl=sgsa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.