20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 246.
#10651 4 years ago

Happy with everything offered on this game.

Don’t need a Stranger Things, just my purple coin door complete with latch assembly-and SOME PRINGLES bitch.
Where are the Pringles!

#10652 4 years ago

That UV reactive paint is cool for sure.. but that NIN poster is awesome.

#10653 4 years ago

I don't recall if mentioned in this thread, but let me thank Spooky Pinball on behalf of Project Pinball. There was a raffle for a Rick and Morty machine that sold out in less than a day and will help to place another machine in a children's hospital. A wonderful thing to have made something available in such high demand. #bentonforever #spookyrocks #projectpinball

project_spooky (resized).jpgproject_spooky (resized).jpg
#10654 4 years ago

Hate to be a Jerry but .... I want to hear Jerry in my game dammit. Maybe Chris Parnell will agree to let his recorded work to be included. I’m hoping big time for some Jerry Time. Also Squanchy please.

#10655 4 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Yeah, I think we touched on the whole UV/blacklight subject a number of pages ago in this R&M thread, then BAM, Stern reveals a "hidden" blacklight "mod". It's all kind of comical. That thread is really picking up steam...

Holy Mr poopy butt hole that’s an understatement! They are FIRED up on the STH thread!

I was so fired up from reading the posts I posted the eating popcorn meme because it was so entertaining!

This just makes me love Spooky even more!

Spooky will you be my valentine???
*** don’t tell my wife!

#10657 4 years ago
8D4F0CBC-95BE-482C-A1BB-337339BCDB9D.jpeg8D4F0CBC-95BE-482C-A1BB-337339BCDB9D.jpeg
#10658 4 years ago

Spooky gives away FREE TOPPERS as an accessory.

Stern charges $279 for special lights you need to fully enjoy the game.

Oh man... I've never purchased a NIB Stern and I'm not sure I ever will.

#10659 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Spooky gives away FREE TOPPERS as an accessory.
Oh man... I've never purchased a NIB Stern and I'm not sure I ever will.

Yea I’m thinking of selling my STHLE. Just annoyed at the whole thing. But I need to sleep on it. Quick emotional decisions are not a good thing.

#10660 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

no magic; they are simply better.
Hard work, dedication to get it right, and willingness to own it and improve seem to be key.
Sorry Rock, but Spooky PFs are the industry standard and continue to get even better.

I don’t see anything that sets them apart from any other. They are nice Playfields. What difference do you see? I do agree that they are standard Playfields for the industry as they are very comparable to others. How are they getting better from the Playfields they have done in the past?

No need to be sorry, I am curious to know. I see hundreds of Playfields being friends with Ron as you know. I just don’t agree with you as them being better based on what I have seen.

#10661 4 years ago
Quoted from Braindance:

That UV reactive paint is cool for sure.. but that NIN poster is awesome.

That thing was a bitch to snag from the HOB at Atlantic City (2008), then protect from the crowd of NIN fans post-show as it became a pseudo-sail on the boardwalk. But it's original venue laminated foamcore, so it held up well enough. Not the coolest NIN poster I have (I'd have to give that to Chicago Congress '05), but definitely the rarest and most unique by far.

#10662 4 years ago

And WAIT WAIT WHUT HOLY SHIT... Stern "stole" my idea?!?!

Well in fairness I can hardly say it's terribly original in thought, and another pinsider tried something similar on an EM years ago... but I'm going on the record with proof here on Pinside that I conceived AND executed AND unveiled a UV-reactive playfield mod long before Stern even announced the STH game, let alone their "option". And their UV mode is what, two colors? Bah! Mine does ALL of them and you STILL don't know they're even there.

And it did it with a mere $30 light. Granted it's overhead mount but you know why that is, because full-spectrum UV colors won't do SHIT with mere side-mounted (or apron hidden) UV strips...

/rant over

(obviously the R&M playfields are already run but if Spooky wants to consult about my UV experience, I'd gladly help, ha ha )

#10663 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yea I’m thinking of selling my STHLE. Just annoyed at the whole thing. But I need to sleep on it. Quick emotional decisions are not a good thing.

If I owned an LE, I'd be annoyed, but I don't know that I'd sell it. What it does do is further the number of people who won't buy a NiB Stern. Image is everything, and this is a bad image. It's not about the little extra money, it's about perception and intent.

#10664 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I don't see lights helping that game.

#10665 4 years ago

I understand that Stranger Things and Rick and Morty are both beloved themes and are coming out at the same time but I don't understand all of the hate for one or the other. Maybe just actually like your hobby? Be happy that we are getting these awesome games and not another generic car themed game! Stern doing rad shit doesn't take away from Spooky. Spooky doing rad stuff doesn't take away from Stern. Rising tides lift all ships! It's not Spooky vs. Stern it's not Stranger Things vs. Rick and Morty. You can like both. You can BUY both.

#10666 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

And WAIT WAIT WHUT HOLY SHIT... Stern "stole" my idea?!?!
Well in fairness I can hardly say it's terribly original in thought, and another pinsider tried something similar on an EM years ago... but I'm going on the record with proof here on Pinside that I conceived AND executed AND unveiled a UV-reactive playfield mod long before Stern even announced the STH game, let alone their "option". And their UV mode is what, two colors? Bah! Mine does ALL of them and you STILL don't know they're even there.
And it did it with a mere $30 light. Granted it's overhead mount but you know why that is, because full-spectrum UV colors won't do SHIT with mere side-mounted (or apron hidden) UV strips...
/rant over
(obviously the R&M playfields are already run but if Spooky wants to consult about my UV experience, I'd gladly help, ha ha )

While awesome, I think predator tried it a long time ago

#10667 4 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I understand that Stranger Things and Rick and Morty are both beloved themes and are coming out at the same time but I don't understand all of the hate for one or the other. Maybe just actually like your hobby? Be happy that we are getting these awesome games and not another generic car themed game! Stern doing rad shit doesn't take away from Spooky. Spooky doing rad stuff doesn't take away from Stern. Rising tides lift all ships! It's not Spooky vs. Stern it's not Stranger Things vs. Rick and Morty. You can like both. You can BUY both.

Yet still the fact remains that they are not both steaming piles. The content and vibe of each thread says it all really.

#10668 4 years ago

Alright circlez. Don’t break an arm...

#10669 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Viper night drivin?

#10670 4 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

I don’t see anything that sets them apart from any other. They are nice Playfields. What difference do you see? I do agree that they are standard Playfields for the industry as they are very comparable to others. How are they getting better from the Playfields they have done in the past?
No need to be sorry, I am curious to know. I see hundreds of Playfields being friends with Ron as you know. I just don’t agree with you as them being better based on what I have seen.

I tried to find my recent ACNC playfield pic i shot the other day but I’ll say this:

Spooky playfields look like Jeff Goldblum on the table, confident and attractive in: Jurassic Park.

Other playfields look like Triceratops poop in front of Jeff Goldblum- Not desired, soft, and unattractive in: Jurassic Park

#10671 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Well crap, when I went to Galloping Ghost last spring their Predator was turned off and non-functional, so I had no idea. The beginning of the meltdown for Predator had just begun when I joined pinside as a complete unwashed pinball noob, so I never saw the reveal or the hype before then. FWIW I have to say that even allowing for it being turned off, it was kind of underwhelming in person (now the Alien machine they had, that thing was friggin awesome).

Anyway, I know I couldn't be the first to think "UV would be cool". But pulling it off effectively is not easy (that's what she said).

#10672 4 years ago

Just my opinion here....

Stern is just being greedy like every other big corporation out there because they know they can get away with it.

As long as people keep paying more for less and buying their poorly built machines they will keep doing the same or worse. I think today’s little stunt of their new “Hidden Feature” on STH proves that! What’s even worse is people defending them and making excuses for these money grabbing practices and inferior machines that Stern churns out!

They are obviously not trying to make improvements on their product to gain new customers or keep the ones that have kept them in business. They merely produce what’s is most appealing to the masses or they are regurgitating the same old games like their VE machines. All while trying to cut every corner possible to save/pocket more money for themselves and unjustifiably increase the prices! It’s a shame because we all love pinball and want to play or own the next big game that’s released. Stern knows this and just exploits it. We shouldn’t tolerate it. Personally, I’ve decided I will not purchase another Stern unless quality changes. There are other manufacturers building better machines and of course there’s always plenty of oldies to fill the need of purchasing another pin.

IMO, right now they are riding this pinball resurgence bubble and cashing in as much as they can. So many new potential NIB pinball owners popping up because they’re watching all these new pins being streamed. Unfortunately for them they don’t really know what they’re getting into when they splurge on that NIB Stern machine until it’s too late and the purchase is made. Thats exactly what happened to me with my 1st NIB purchase of Dead Pool. (Not ashamed to admit it) I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again... I love my DP pin but it is such a huge disappointment in quality.

The biggest pinball manufacturer leading the industry with bad business practices... what a shame. Fortunately there are smaller up and coming pinball companies that are more passionate about pinball then they are about lining their pockets. I just hope they continue to do that, listen to the pinball community, and learn from Sterns mistakes.

I don’t think this would happen anytime soon but If Stern closed their doors tomorrow because of poor sales; they wouldn’t have to wonder why it happened.

#10673 4 years ago

I have many stern games on location and have had one Spooky game on location. If you think Stern makes bad games you are off your rocker. All games have issues. Especially when they are breaking in. Stern has been helpful in helping me with issues that come up. Spooky has been helpful in handling issues that come up. Just because my TNA didn’t hold up on location doesn’t mean I hate Spooky and it certainly doesn’t mean that I didn’t wake up at 7 AM to buy a Rick & Morty. If Stern asked you to order a game without seeing gameplay you would all lose your minds. Spooky does it and it’s no big deal. Different strokes for different folks. Stop ruining the hobby by being dicks on the Internet to a bunch of people who work really hard to make your life better via new pinball!

#10674 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Looks like it's more for the habit trails

IMG20200119234934 (resized).jpgIMG20200119234934 (resized).jpg
#10675 4 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I have many stern games on location and have had one Spooky game on location. If you think Stern makes bad games you are off your rocker. All games have issues. Especially when they are breaking in. Stern has been helpful in helping me with issues that come up. Spooky has been helpful in handling issues that come up. Just because my TNA didn’t hold up on location doesn’t mean I hate Spooky and it certainly doesn’t mean that I didn’t wake up at 7 AM to buy a Rick & Morty. If Stern asked you to order a game without seeing gameplay you would all lose your minds. Spooky does it and it’s no big deal. Different strokes for different folks. Stop ruining the hobby by being dicks on the Internet to a bunch of people who work really hard to make your life better via new pinball!

I played STHLE tonight and I enjoyed the game alot. I also enjoy JP2. I enjoy IM, I enjoy most Stern games. However, I do not enjoy their sales tactics nor do I believe they are fair.

I for one am not saying anything about the game. I personally have been expressing my disgust regarding the trojan sale.

It does not matter what industry you consider, this type of sales tactic is dysfunctional and hurts customer base.

When you see this type of behavior... you call it out. If you accept this type of behavior. It becomes the norm and encourages the progression of such tactics.

As a new pinball enthusiast I may be naive but I will not give loyalty to a company that pulls this type of move on me or anyone else.

#10676 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I played STHLE tonight and I enjoyed the game alot. I also enjoy JP2. I enjoy IM, I enjoy most Stern games. However, I do not enjoy their sales tactics nor do I believe they are fair.
I for one am not saying anything about the game. I personally have been expressing my disgust regarding the trojan sale.
It does not matter what industry you consider, this type of sales tactic is dysfunctional and hurts customer base.
When you see this type of behavior... you call it out. If you accept this type of behavior. It becomes the norm and encourages the progression of such tactics.
As a new pinball enthusiast I may be naive but I will not give loyalty to a company that pulls this type of move on me or anyone else.

But let’s be honest. Stranger Things was getting absolutely trashed on this site well before today.

#10677 4 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

But let’s be honest. Stranger Things was getting absolutely trashed on this site well before today.

Man.. I like any pinball machine that feels different. People RIP on WWE and I even find joy in occasionally playing that for stretches of time because of the weird wrestling rink deal up top.

I feel this way about STH too. It wants to send you SDTM. It wants you to fail almost feel but yet directs you to the easy and fast ramps. It's different and difficult because of it's different feel.

I think gameplay wise they make great games of which I like 90%.

However I can not stand behind a company that is progressively moving the needle away from their fan base and towards the almighty dollar at the cost of said fan base.

It started with unfinished code. Now we are seeing unfinished hardware and production features. Next up is DLC. Where does it stop?

Without pushback it doesnt. In fact without pushback it expedites the process.

That's what grinds my gears.

#10678 4 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I hope this clears things up.

Aaaah I see what you did there

#10679 4 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

TBH.........it was a way over hyped show in the 1st place.
I was born in 1971 - dragged up in this 70-80s - i just could not resonate to this poorly written screenplay, directed bullshit.
The directors and script writers didn't have a bloody clue,...I watched every episode, started off not too bad then went down hill rapidly.
I think the two directors were smoking too much weed.

Lets face it, Duffer Brothers both born February 15, 1984)so WTF did they know about the 80s????? Hence why to me this did not compute

#10680 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Steel Vengeance is sooo good! Nothing compares.

It looks sick !
I've started a thread if anyone is interested .
( apologies for the picture , not sure how to link one thread to another )
IMG_20200213_205243 (resized).jpgIMG_20200213_205243 (resized).jpg

#10681 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It looks sick !
I've started a thread if anyone is interested .
( apologies for the picture , not sure how to link one thread to another )
[quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-best-rollercoasters-and-theme-parks-

Definitely check out the Whirly Dirly!

#10683 4 years ago

Whirly Dirly Costa looks as fun as the mode is .

#10684 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

no magic; they are simply better.
Hard work, dedication to get it right, and willingness to own it and improve seem to be key.
Sorry Rock, but Spooky PFs are the industry standard and continue to get even better.

apart from the few hundred TNA playfields out in the wild that are totalled because of the pooling and chipping issue that Stern and JJP have also had? I don't think Spooky do anything miraculous that gives them a competitive edge on playfields.

Honestly stop talking rubbish.

(visit https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/101#post-4911311)

(I came to an arrangement with spooky on mine that I'm cool with if not totally happy, and recognising Spooky are a small outfit the fact that Charlie tried his best to make something work is the reason I placed an order for R&M).

Regards,
Neil.

#10685 4 years ago

When does the club thread open?

#10686 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Saturday at noon?

#10687 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Saturday at noon?

which saturday?

#10688 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Saturday at noon?

I like how you think!

#10689 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I expect as soon as you open up your game!

Cant wait for the club thread to open so we can have more RM talk and less whining and complaining about other games.

#10690 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

At the risk of perpetuating the off-topic Stranger Things talk, can someone briefly describe what this is about? I haven't followed the STh released at all, and from all the negative talk about that thread, I'd rather not dive into the cesspool searching for an objective description of what happened.

#10691 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

At the risk of perpetuating the off-topic Stranger Things talk, can someone briefly describe what this is about? I haven't followed the STh released at all, and from all the negative talk about that thread, I'd rather not dive into the cesspool searching for an objective description of what happened.

Watch Carey Hardy on youtube...that’ll spin you up

#10692 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

In a nutshell they knowing manufactured something into all 3 models of STH and are now hitting everyone up who bought it for more money to use this secret feature.

And who does not want to take advantage of a feature already built into the game?

#10693 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

At the risk of perpetuating the off-topic Stranger Things talk, can someone briefly describe what this is about?

I really don't want to include stranger things in this thread , but as you asked . They now have to pay $280 USD to unlock the UV feature in their game . Spooky gives free toppers , Stern makes you pay for a feature that should be included . I like a lot of stern games but they have sunk to a new low

#10694 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

In a nutshell they knowing manufactured something into all 3 models of STH and is hitting everyone up who bought it for more money to use this secret feature.

I'm surprised folks who have UV pinstadiums in their Stranger Things games hadn't already commented on that art. I admit, I haven't been following that thread cuz I have never seen the show.

#10695 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I totally get it. Shit happens. You guys have great customer service which is another reason I got TNA. I just wish I would have been in that 95%. When the time comes to sell this game, I get to explain how Spooky has the best playfields out there, except for this one. So how big of a discount do you want on it? Or do you even want it now that I told you this?
I don't need a response, I love what you guys are doing and fully support you. Just venting.
Back to Rick and Morty, can't wait to play it someday

You include that new play field and I'll take it at a discount! TNA would be a nice easy PF swap compared to most modern games, wanna trade me for my LAH?

#10696 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I expect as soon as you open up your game!

I will be putting game #2 on route as soon as I get the call from team Spooky!

Based on Eric's comment, I hope that call comes soon

#10697 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

apart from the few hundred TNA playfields out in the wild that are totalled because of the pooling and chipping issue that Stern and JJP have also had? I don't think Spooky do anything miraculous that gives them a competitive edge on playfields.
Honestly stop talking rubbish.
(visit https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/101#post-4911311)
(I came to an arrangement with spooky on mine that I'm cool with if not totally happy, and recognising Spooky are a small outfit the fact that Charlie tried his best to make something work is the reason I placed an order for R&M).
Regards,
Neil.

"few hundred" totalled palyfields? Where in the world do you pull this shit from?

#10698 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I'm surprised folks who have UV pinstadiums in their Stranger Things games hadn't already commented on that art. I admit, I haven't been following that thread cuz I have never seen the show.

Yeah it is pretty amazing that nobody figured that out! Stern even commented on that during the stream yesterday with Jack danger.

Yesterday during/after the stream there was a storm of upset STH owners or just pinsiders posting about this tactic. Understandably pissed about it! Some defended it as just another mod outlet but you be the judge. I think it’s pretty shallow of Stern considering their reputation and the reputation of that game so far.

Interesting reading in that thread yesterday, to say the least. Check it out...

Shit starts to hit the fan at about post #6160.

#10699 4 years ago

With all the chat about Spooky PF,I haven't had one dimple on my RZ!!!After 2 yrs,PF still looks like new!!!

#10700 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will be putting game #2 on route as soon as I get the call from team Spooky!
Based on Eric's comment, I hope that call comes soon

Would you let us know when you hear? I've got #34 coming for HUO and I would love a heads up when you get yours if possible

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/214?hl=foobeer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.