20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 246.
#10601 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ron does amazing work, but completely not needed on Spooky Pfs.

It is not needed on any PF. Spooky’s Playfields are not magically better than any other. Small differences here and there but very comparable. I will say this though a Kruzman is worth every penny. I myself would do this on a route machine or a machine I planned on keeping for awhile. I know Rons resale is strong but I probably wouldn’t do it if I was only keeping it for a year. Then again if the machine is hot a Kruzman RM will probably be worth a fair bit more than a non Kruzman RM.

#10602 4 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

It is not needed on any PF. Spooky’s Playfields are not magically better than any other. Small differences here and there but very comparable. I will say this though a Kruzman is worth every penny. I myself would do this on a route machine or a machine I planned on keeping for awhile. I know Rons resale is strong but I probably wouldn’t do it if I was only keeping it for a year. Then again if the machine is hot a Kruzman RM will probably be worth a fair bit more than a non Kruzman RM.

I disagree with your first statement. There are numerous threads talking about PF issues with JJP and Stern. Thousands of replies and a ton of people submitting their pooling, chipping and cracking issues.

I know TNA got mentioned earlier in this thread but I have yet to hear one ACNC owner have a PF issue. On the contrary I have heard about major issues with Willy Wonka, Jurassic Park, Elvira, Munsters. POTC. . .
The list of their games that have PF issues goes on for about last 2 years it seems.

That being said, I am curious about the Kruz process. Is that something that has to be done pre unboxing? As in, can this process be done to revitalize a play field years later/after use?

#10603 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I disagree with your first statement. There are numerous threads talking about PF issues with JJP and Stern. Thousands of replies and a ton of people submitting their pooling, chipping and cracking issues.
I know TNA got mentioned earlier in this thread but I have yet to hear one ACNC owner have a PF issue. On the contrary I have heard about major issues with Willy Wonka, Jurassic Park, Elvira, Munsters. POTC. . .
The list of their games that have PF issues goes on for about last 2 years it seems.
That being said, I am curious about the Kruz process. Is that something that has to be done pre unboxing? As in, can this process be done to revitalize a play field years later/after use?

I totally see why you would disagree. But even with all those issues it is not needed as the game will play and be just fine. Yes, the clear will chip and the paint will wear off in time. Still not needed. With the option of a Kruzman Playfield available I would take that option every time. I am one of the few who sees what he puts into his work. I also know how his Playfields hold up after years of extensive play. His price is a bargain and I think he is still insane for charging what he does.

#10604 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

That being said, I am curious about the Kruz process. Is that something that has to be done pre unboxing?

Pre-Build.

Playfield is shipped to K-man and Clearcoated prior to being built by Spooky.

#10605 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Pre-Build.
Playfield is shipped to K-man and Clearcoated prior to being built by Spooky.

Let's specify that it's Kruzman, not the other "K-man."

#10606 4 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Hello. Spooky is super cool to offer to customers this option. My price is the usual 575 plus shipping to spooky.
If you are not familiar with my process it does take a lot of time, about 12 weeks. I focus on building up a finish that will not wear and dimple like a production finish, and the only way to achieve that is time and elbo grease. It goes like this. I sand the pf including all of the edges of all of the holes and cut outs, I apply 2 coats, allow 15 days to cure, sand everything, including hand sanding all of the edges again... and repeat. after I build 8-10 coats, I allow cure time, and I sand the whole pf level and then up to block sanding by hand to 3000 grit. Then I polish out the surface for usually 5-8 hours. Then I go thru and clean the compound out of all of the cut outs and holes. Before this point, I have sanded and masked and applied 2 coats of poly to the back side to seal moisture and dirt. The high polish will magnify any flaw, and if they or it bothers me, I have to sand it down and do it all again. this happens occasionally.
The way this has been handled so far is people contact spooky and make sure its cool with them. contact me and tell me, and spooky will send me a pf. when it is done, I will contact you to pay me, and then I will ship to spooky. So this makes things real complicated for them, so definitely be cool to them or they will just say no more, and that will suck for everyone. My process takes a long time and it does hold up their production, so it is VERY cool of them to allow this. I would like to think it brings in a couple customers who otherwise wouldn't ,but that may just be ego.
I hope this clears things up.
you can contact me thru pinside or
its better if you go thru [email protected]
As always I would like to thank everyone who makes my job possible, cheers

Wouldn't it be better if Spooky sends you uncleared playfields for you to clear as opposed to you sanding down the clear that is on them? Do you have a contact at Spooky for us to request this service?

#10607 4 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Spooky’s Playfields are not magically better than any other.

no magic; they are simply better.

Hard work, dedication to get it right, and willingness to own it and improve seem to be key.

Sorry Rock, but Spooky PFs are the industry standard and continue to get even better.

#10609 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Game of the year!

Don’t you think playing it one time might be in order? Lol. Company, team, and theme of the year has my vote at the point.

#10610 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

no magic; they are simply better.
Hard work, dedication to get it right, and willingness to own it and improve seem to be key.
Sorry Rock, but Spooky PFs are the industry standard and continue to get even better.

Have to agree. Doing it or doing it Right is where the Magic happens.

#10611 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

It appears so based on what has been reveled so far. Maybe mention a video mode since that seems to get their attention.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/02/9c/c9/029cc9cdf708c7fe0254493a60fd9aa9.jpg

Scary Terry (resized).jpegScary Terry (resized).jpeg
#10612 4 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Heh.

#10613 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Planning on it . I want to go to Cedar Point and go on Steel Vengeance but it won't be in time for your launch party ( good luck with that ) I'll have to be patient and wait for Ryan C to put his out on location .

Steel Vengeance is sooo good! Nothing compares.

#10614 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

It is hard to remedy these types of things. 95% of spooky playfields that ever leave this door have been some of the highest industry quality. At the end of the day not 1 single playfield manufacturer on the planet can provide a board that doesn't have issues at one time or another. If we could buy a perfect playfield we would but a place to purchase from does not exist. Cold hard truth. It does not make me or anyone else happy to have an issue so i totally understand. We replaced the faulty part to you and i understand that a days work would be invloved to fix it but we cannot do much more. If pinball manufacturers replaced the whole game every time a playfield issue arose not ONE single place would be in business today. All we can do is try to improve going forward and im telling you RM is the best we have done yet. That is all i can do man i do not know what else to say or do.

I totally get it. Shit happens. You guys have great customer service which is another reason I got TNA. I just wish I would have been in that 95%. When the time comes to sell this game, I get to explain how Spooky has the best playfields out there, except for this one. So how big of a discount do you want on it? Or do you even want it now that I told you this?

I don't need a response, I love what you guys are doing and fully support you. Just venting.

Back to Rick and Morty, can't wait to play it someday

#10615 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I got TNA. I just wish I would have been in that 95%. When the time comes to sell this game, I get to explain how Spooky has the best playfields out there, except for this one. So how big of a discount do you want on it?

I bet there are more than a few guys on this thread who would take it without much of a discount at all.

#10616 4 years ago

are we up to game #501 yet
just asking for a "friend"

#10617 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

are we up to game #501 yet
just asking for a "friend"

I’d like to know to (also for a friend that has #653)

#10618 4 years ago

An idea for future games regarding licensing and voice work.

At launch, along with game options, could a game akin to Rick and Morty, be presented with a kickstarterish option for extra voice talent for SAG fees and contract costs?

If 100 people alone, picked a $200 option, that could maybe allow an extra actor or two for either existing voice work or new dialog entirely.

$20,000 isn't much, but maybe on a smaller project like this, it could suffice?

#10619 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

At launch, along with game options, could a game akin to Rick and Morty, be presented with a kickstarterish option for extra voice talent for SAG fees and contract costs?
If 100 people alone, picked a $200 option, that could maybe allow an extra actor or two for either existing voice work or new dialog entirely.

You son of a bitch. I'm in!

#10620 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Huh? If it was that simple to get an actor wouldn’t it be easier to simply increase the base price $26 and have the same outcome? I am more then happy with what they offered personally.

#10621 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Huh? If it was that simple to get an actor wouldn’t it be easier to simply increase the base price $26 and have the same outcome? I am more then happy with what they offered personally.

I've no idea what individual actors cost for different games. I've heard some for some games, and yes they can get really, really pricey, but given Justin himself is a massive part of this project, I'd assume compensation could be bargained for.

Just an idea.

If clips might not even have other actors present, this could be a workaround. Powder coated coin door or......Beth or Summer or Squanchy...?

#10622 4 years ago

What does a Kruzman playfield cost? Sounds like a $1000+ process at least?

12 week leadtime, so only >160 may apply?

#10623 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

What does a Kruzman playfield cost? Sounds like a $1000+ process at least?
12 week leadtime, so only >160 may apply?

Quoted from kruzman:

Hello. Spooky is super cool to offer to customers this option. My price is the usual 575 plus shipping to spooky.
If you are not familiar with my process it does take a lot of time, about 12 weeks. I focus on building up a finish that will not wear and dimple like a production finish, and the only way to achieve that is time and elbo grease. It goes like this. I sand the pf including all of the edges of all of the holes and cut outs, I apply 2 coats, allow 15 days to cure, sand everything, including hand sanding all of the edges again... and repeat. after I build 8-10 coats, I allow cure time, and I sand the whole pf level and then up to block sanding by hand to 3000 grit. Then I polish out the surface for usually 5-8 hours. Then I go thru and clean the compound out of all of the cut outs and holes. Before this point, I have sanded and masked and applied 2 coats of poly to the back side to seal moisture and dirt. The high polish will magnify any flaw, and if they or it bothers me, I have to sand it down and do it all again. this happens occasionally.
The way this has been handled so far is people contact spooky and make sure its cool with them. contact me and tell me, and spooky will send me a pf. when it is done, I will contact you to pay me, and then I will ship to spooky. So this makes things real complicated for them, so definitely be cool to them or they will just say no more, and that will suck for everyone. My process takes a long time and it does hold up their production, so it is VERY cool of them to allow this. I would like to think it brings in a couple customers who otherwise wouldn't ,but that may just be ego.
you can contact me thru pinside or
its better if you go thru [email protected]
As always I would like to thank everyone who makes my job possible, cheers

#10624 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Keep going on the pricing there no where close on prices yet lol

#10625 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

Keep going on the pricing there no where close on prices yet lol

Yeah, I figured $100,000 might be the base, and most likely up....and up.

Thanks for the input KT!

#10626 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Thanks for the input KT!

Wonder what it is for just clips from the show, not custom stuff.

Licensing is the mortal enemy of Pinball. We’re lucky in this case that the creator is also the voice of BOTH the main characters.

#10627 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Thanks for the input KT!

I recall a post on the POTC owners thread from someone at JJP that Johnny Depp would have cost $500k per movie. So $2.5m for him to have done the call-outs.

#10628 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I recall a post on the POTC owners thread from someone at JJP that Johnny Depp would have cost $500k per movie. So $2.5m for him to have done the call-outs.

I bet he'd be a little more reasonable about it, now.

#10629 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Thanks for the input KT!

Eric would also have to be paid to put all the new stuff into the code.

I'm incredibly happy with the game from what I've seen, but if we all wanted to crowdsource something in the future, I'd be in.

#10630 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I've no idea what individual actors cost for different games. I've heard some for some games, and yes they can get really, really pricey, but given Justin himself is a massive part of this project, I'd assume compensation could be bargained for.
Just an idea.
If clips might not even have other actors present, this could be a workaround. Powder coated coin door or......Beth or Summer or Squanchy...?

Of those 3, I think the actress that plays Summer would be the least expensive option. Sarah Chalke and Tom Kenny are big.

#10631 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Indeed. One of these days I'll have to shoot down there and visit![quoted image]

Mike - Ride your bike! What's a 140 mile round trip ride? Make it worthwhile

#10632 4 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Mike - Ride your bike! What's a 140 mile round trip ride? Make it worthwhile

fyi, low of -15 tomorrow night (at least where i am at). might be a fun summer ride, but not a February one.

#10633 4 years ago

Can anyone on here do a good Squanchy and Scary Terry. Maybe Spooky could use some alternative voices like Stern does

#10634 4 years ago

Per the wiki (https://rickandmorty.fandom.com/wiki/Justin_Roiland), Roiland voices 21 characters on the show (plus all the alternate dimension Ricks and Mortys). It may not be Jerry, Beth, and Summer, but I'll take it.

#10635 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

fyi, low of -15 tomorrow night (at least where i am at). might be a fun summer ride, but not a February one.

I'm with Kingpin here Dex. Nice Summer ride with all of the hills but between the cold and the impending snow I'd rather drive. My problem is just getting a break from all the kids and chaos at home!

#10636 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Can anyone on here do a good Squanchy and Scary Terry. Maybe Spooky could use some alternative voices like Stern does

I'd prefer to stay away from voice actors or you end up with a situation like X-Men with cringe worthy voices. I'm perfectly happy with just the Roiland voices! From what I've heard so far its fantastic!

#10637 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Been practicing my "You can run, but you can't hide, bitch" a lot lately. Wondering how long before my gf stops thinking all my R&M quotes aren't funny anymore.

#10638 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Been practicing my "You can run, but you can't hide, bitch" a lot lately. Wondering how long before my gf stops thinking all my R&M quotes aren't funny anymore.

She probably thought that the first time you said it!

#10639 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

She probably thought that the first time you said it!

If she's still smiling, then I'm not stopping.

#10640 4 years ago

Same here.

They get used to it...

If she makes a face at you you could always pull out the other scary terry line… Aww bitch.

#10641 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I’m definitely gonna order scary terry and put him on the play field!

#10642 4 years ago

I will be disappointed if my machine doesn't yell "Welcome to your nightmare bitch!" at me when I start the game

#10643 4 years ago

Just got a ome Rick and Morty action figures delivered for the pin.

I’m sure they won’t all go in but hopefully a few and hopefully they’re not too big!
FB83CB9A-851B-4ED1-9C8D-BC4A7F7AB14A (resized).jpegFB83CB9A-851B-4ED1-9C8D-BC4A7F7AB14A (resized).jpeg

#10644 4 years ago

Any chance that R&M has hidden UV-reactive inks on the playfield?

#10645 4 years ago

LMAO ^^

I would prefer a hidden dimensional portal gun, but I doubt I could afford it.

#10646 4 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

what would top that is that spooky already has the UV kit installed on every game and they wait to unlock it at some point in the future (for free, unlike $tern)

#10647 4 years ago

That’s it… after seeing that stream with the hidden feature I’m gonna Order my Stranger Things pin now for sure!

And, I didn’t really watch the stream yet I did see a little bit of it though.

All kidding aside though, it’s a pretty cool feature for the upside down.

Still NOT buying it though.

#10648 4 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Oh I also caught on the little bit that I watched...

You can now beat up on your big toothed vagina to defeat it now.

You no longer have to “Stick it in the hole” to defeat it. Some people were having trouble finding the hole (I mean the shot)

#10649 4 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Sorry I can't resist... But you mean like what I did here...?

I would love to see what an oem could come up with for hidden lighting!

#10650 4 years ago

Yeah, I think we touched on the whole UV/blacklight subject a number of pages ago in this R&M thread, then BAM, Stern reveals a "hidden" blacklight "mod". It's all kind of comical. That thread is really picking up steam...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 300.00
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/213?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.