20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 246.
#10551 4 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Just picked up my alternate topper.[quoted image]

Nice!

I wish they would sell them here in reno nv.

I need a case for my upcoming unboxing party!

I need them to go with my Rick and Morty beer.

Rick and Morty beer
Departed Soles Brewing Company in Jersey City, NJ.

#10552 4 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

What time and where? Or where can I find this info if it changes again.

Follow MADISON pinball on Facebook

We update the website also, but fbook is main line of communication for MP

#10553 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Follow MADISON pinball on Facebook
We update the website also, but fbook is main line of communication for MP

Awesome, thank you.

#10554 4 years ago

Hy-Vee grocery store in Central IL.

#10555 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Noon or 1pm start
Will likely run qualifying for a few hours so people can hang out and chat w team spooky while having a pint and playing.
Then some sort of playoff.
All for fun and all $ for the day will go to charity (likely the local animal humane society or shelter; still confirming)

Going to try and make it , is the location Alt brew or somewhere else?

#10556 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Going to try and make it , is the location Alt brew or somewhere else?

IO Arcade bar.
720 Williamson St
madison

barcade in Madison. 12 pins, 30+ arcades , full bar, 30+ taps that are always rotating, and full bar. Pretty amazing spot!

#10557 4 years ago

Before you ask, this is not from my R&M. It's from a TNA I picked up today. Just thought it was as Spooky cool.

Lionman!

20200211_183436 (resized).jpg20200211_183436 (resized).jpg
#10558 4 years ago

Oops. Said full bar twice. Guess I need a drink.

Glad you are planning to come Doug!

Can we get you to do the awards ceremony and hand out high fives?

#10559 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

IO Arcade bar.
720 Williamson St
madison
barcade in Madison. 12 pins, 30+ arcades , full bar, 30+ taps that are always rotating, and full bar. Pretty amazing spot!

Local Madison brews on tap ?

#10560 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

"But I want it, Daddy!"

lol. Much closer to:

“Mama please don’t find out until the machine is delivered and and the credit card statement is paid off”

Made sure to go through a distributor that didn’t offer refunds haha. In all honesty I dropped the ball on the presale and when I saw a local distributor offer up a BS R&M for far below post-pre-sale prices, with a fairly early number to boot, I had no problem jumping on it. I don’t care what anybody else thinks, but in my book, Great American Pinball rocks!

#10561 4 years ago
Quoted from SlightlySnaked:

Made sure to go through a distributor that didn’t offer refunds haha. In all honesty I dropped the ball on the presale and when I saw a local distributor offer up a BS R&M for far below post-pre-sale prices, with a fairly early number to boot, I had no problem jumping on it. I don’t care what anybody else thinks, but in my book, Great American Pinball rocks!

Awesome. Glad you are in on one.

I have to say that the wait is gonna kill me, but I couldn't be more pleased to be on the list. I am incredibly jealous of those who will get a chacne to play one in the wild.
We just don't have many options for public play in Montana. A few spots with machines, but nothing like the arcades some of you guys have at yuor disposal.

#10562 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Local Madison brews on tap ?

Yes

wide variety of local, regional, and special stuff

Always something new and fun to try. Beyond pinball and games, this place has got it rocking when it comes to beer selection.

Granted the pinball selection is pretty top notch also

#10563 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Awesome.
We just don't have many options for public play in Montana. A few spots with machines, but nothing like the arcades some of you guys have at yuor disposal.

Just found out a few hours ago a place about twenty minutes from where I live is number 18 or so. If I end up listing my machine on eBay in April/May, you’ll be the first to know. If not, expect to be in for a treat when your machine arrives. Personally, I’m planning on hanging onto this one for a long time.

#10564 4 years ago

Anyone aware of a game coming to the Dallas area?

Yes, I know there will be some at TPF, but hoping one of the local barcades has one on order (fingers crossed for Cidercade...)

#10565 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes
Always something new and fun to try. Beyond pinball and games, this place has got it rocking when it comes to beer selection.

The pins at IO are fantastic. And heavily played, so you may want to plan your visit around busy bar times for 20-30-somethings!

#10566 4 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Hy-Vee grocery store in Central IL.

Nice

#10567 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

The pins at IO are fantastic. And heavily played, so you may want to plan your visit around busy bar times for 20-30-somethings!

Launch party will be earlier which means the bar should be a majority of our space/ pinheads there for the occasion.

IO tends to be busy after 8pm on Saturdays. We will be done long before then

#10568 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

I can hang with 20-30 somethings as long as they can keep up with me

#10569 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes

Nice ! I always like to support local breweries when I go somewhere and Madison has some really good ones .

#10570 4 years ago

It would appreciated if someone at Spooky could confirm whether voice assets from clips of the show are restricted to Justin Roiland. Still awesome but sad to miss out on some great characters , e.g. Scary Terry and Squanchy.

#10571 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

It would appreciated if someone at Spooky could confirm whether voice assets from clips of the show are restricted to Justin Roiland. Still awesome but sad to miss out on some great characters , e.g. Scary Terry and Squanchy.

It appears so based on what has been reveled so far. Maybe mention a video mode since that seems to get their attention.

#10572 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Sounds like it’s a no - only Roiland.

#10573 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

#2 there will be tons of opportunity to play for anyone willing to travel a couple hours at most.

It's only a lazy 10,500 thousand ks and a 20 hour flight from here but it would be worth it

#10574 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It's only a lazy 10,500 thousand ks and a 20 hour flight from here but it would be worth it

do it!

#10575 4 years ago

anyone know what the kruzman clearcoat option costs?

86461628_615638315670920_2584807899662385152_n (resized).jpg86461628_615638315670920_2584807899662385152_n (resized).jpg
#10576 4 years ago

Planning on it . I want to go to Cedar Point and go on Steel Vengeance but it won't be in time for your launch party ( good luck with that ) I'll have to be patient and wait for Ryan C to put his out on location .

#10577 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

anyone know what the kruzman clearcoat option costs?[quoted image]

ron does amazing work, but completely not needed on Spooky Pfs.

#10578 4 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

#18 going to Brixies, so there will be at least one gong on location in the Chicago area.

Excellent

#10579 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

or am I? one time quick money, or a good reputation and comfortable living for the next decade or two?

Kingpin is the Best! Can't wait for mine!

#10580 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I am just going to get out in front of this.

This is not a spooky sanctioned option. This is NOT NEEDED on Spooky playfields.

There is no doubt that Ron does amazing work, but the Spooky playfields are amazing to start with.

If you still want this done, you (the customer) will have to make the arrangements and cover all of the costs (shipping, packaging materials, etc) and make sure you have enough time so you don't postpone your game in the queue.

Again, Ron is great at what he does, NO ONE is questioning that, but the extra clear is not needed on these playfields.

#10581 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

If only this was an option on sterns BEFORE they put their shitty cc on there....

#10582 4 years ago

Just a random note. There has been a seriously significant improvement in the RM playfields. When these get out start checking for dimples its unbelievable how well these are holding up. The ones we have been beating up here are holding up unlike anything we have ever done before. You guys are going to be pleasantly surprised, i know we were.

#10583 4 years ago

Super excited to see one of these in C-137.

#10584 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Just a random note. There has been a seriously significant improvement in the RM playfields. When these get out start checking for dimples its unbelievable how well these are holding up. The ones we have been beating up here are holding up unlike anything we have ever done before. You guys are going to be pleasantly surprised, i know we were.

I'm not sure I believe this statement. I'll need to actually play test your game many dozens of times and inspect it myself in order to validate this statement. Let me know what day works for you.

#10585 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm not sure I believe this statement. I'll need to actually play test your game many dozens of times and inspect it myself in order to validate this statement. Let me know what day works for you.

More than welcome to swing by we always have one here! lol

#10586 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

More than welcome to swing by we always have one here! lol

Man, that's tempting!!!

#10587 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Man, that's tempting!!!

Indeed. One of these days I'll have to shoot down there and visit!

Screenshot_20200212-091713 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200212-091713 (resized).png
#10588 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

If only this was an option on sterns BEFORE they put their shitty cc on there....

Since we’re on this topic... I posted this (below) last night on the DP owners thread. You can clearly see the High Quality of my playfield.

Love my DP pin but so disappointed that I spent over 7k for this kind of quality (or lack of quality).

On a positive note... I’m so looking forward to wining a Spooky pin!!!

Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

My Colossus figurine now has a small pinball in his hand.
What do you guys think?

[quoted image][quoted image]
Never mind those damn dimples you can see on these pics... F’n Stern with their cheap ass play fields.

08670861-1E46-4335-B939-3BDE15B3CD8D (resized).jpeg08670861-1E46-4335-B939-3BDE15B3CD8D (resized).jpegF323CF2D-BDC8-4733-971D-493AE2D985DB (resized).jpegF323CF2D-BDC8-4733-971D-493AE2D985DB (resized).jpeg
#10589 4 years ago

Ok, sorry, back to this upbeat RM thread!

#10590 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

and for the record i wasnt implying spooky playfields werent good.. just find it interesting that theres a premium option. so cool of you to offer all these customizations.

#10591 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

and for the record i wasnt implying spooky playfields werent good.. just find it interesting that theres a premium option. so cool of you to offer all these customizations.

It isnt a premium option for RaM and it wasn't for ACNC. It is something that can be done as previously mentioned however it is not on the upgrade or options list.

#10592 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Quoted from FYMF:

It isnt a premium option for RaM and it wasn't for ACNC. It is something that can be done as previously mentioned however it is not on the upgrade or options list.

Correct, this IS NOT a Spooky Pinball official option or add-on. This one customer has taken it upon themselves to source and have this done.

#10593 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ron does amazing work, but completely not needed on Spooky Pfs.

Still pisses me off that everyone wouldn't shut up about how awesome TNA playfields were, and somehow myself and others got a chipped up mess and a blank wall hanger playfield that I will most likely never install. Charlie and Scott are awesome but it still fn sucks.

#10594 4 years ago

Hello. Spooky is super cool to offer to customers this option. My price is the usual 575 plus shipping to spooky.
If you are not familiar with my process it does take a lot of time, about 12 weeks. I focus on building up a finish that will not wear and dimple like a production finish, and the only way to achieve that is time and elbo grease. It goes like this. I sand the pf including all of the edges of all of the holes and cut outs, I apply 2 coats, allow 15 days to cure, sand everything, including hand sanding all of the edges again... and repeat. after I build 8-10 coats, I allow cure time, and I sand the whole pf level and then up to block sanding by hand to 3000 grit. Then I polish out the surface for usually 5-8 hours. Then I go thru and clean the compound out of all of the cut outs and holes. Before this point, I have sanded and masked and applied 2 coats of poly to the back side to seal moisture and dirt. The high polish will magnify any flaw, and if they or it bothers me, I have to sand it down and do it all again. this happens occasionally.

The way this has been handled so far is people contact spooky and make sure its cool with them. contact me and tell me, and spooky will send me a pf. when it is done, I will contact you to pay me, and then I will ship to spooky. So this makes things real complicated for them, so definitely be cool to them or they will just say no more, and that will suck for everyone. My process takes a long time and it does hold up their production, so it is VERY cool of them to allow this. I would like to think it brings in a couple customers who otherwise wouldn't ,but that may just be ego.

I hope this clears things up.
you can contact me thru pinside or
its better if you go thru [email protected]

As always I would like to thank everyone who makes my job possible, cheers

#10595 4 years ago

I think it's awesome that Ron and Spooky are offering these services. Options for consumers are a great thing. This is definitely a first for any manufacturer doing this that I'm aware of (which tbh, is not much). Kudos to both Ron and Spooky!

#10596 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Still pisses me off that everyone wouldn't shut up about how awesome TNA playfields were, and somehow myself and others got a chipped up mess and a blank wall hanger playfield that I will most likely never install. Charlie and Scott are awesome but it still fn sucks.

It is hard to remedy these types of things. 95% of spooky playfields that ever leave this door have been some of the highest industry quality. At the end of the day not 1 single playfield manufacturer on the planet can provide a board that doesn't have issues at one time or another. If we could buy a perfect playfield we would but a place to purchase from does not exist. Cold hard truth. It does not make me or anyone else happy to have an issue so i totally understand. We replaced the faulty part to you and i understand that a days work would be invloved to fix it but we cannot do much more. If pinball manufacturers replaced the whole game every time a playfield issue arose not ONE single place would be in business today. All we can do is try to improve going forward and im telling you RM is the best we have done yet. That is all i can do man i do not know what else to say or do.

#10597 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

It is hard to remedy these types of things. 95% of spooky playfields that ever leave this door have been some of the highest industry quality. At the end of the day not 1 single playfield manufacturer on the planet can provide a board that doesn't have issues at one time or another. If we could buy a perfect playfield we would but a place to purchase from does not exist. Cold hard truth. It does not make me or anyone else happy to have an issue so i totally understand. We replaced the faulty part to you and i understand that a days work would be invloved to fix it but we cannot do much more. If pinball manufacturers replaced the whole game every time a playfield issue arose not ONE single place would be in business today. All we can do is try to improve going forward and im telling you RM is the best we have done yet. That is all i can do man i do not know what else to say or do.

I just found this thread, I usually just stay on my pf thread, but this reply is BY FAR the best reply to a problem from a pin or pf manufacturer!! Usually its really defensive and they say its better than what you have in your game now, or they are made for a heavy steel ball to bounce around on. I am not saying that you are not bummed or anything. I am only saying that I am happy to see someone owning something, saying they can just do their best, to try to make it right.

#10598 4 years ago

I think we all accept that there will be outliers. The truth is in how those are handled when presented. I think where most people are increasingly frustrated (not at Spooky but more in general) is that it is becoming more the norm than the exception in some arenas.

EDIT: this is a general industry comment, not directed at spooky.

#10599 4 years ago

Passing the personality test goes a long way with customer service in all facets of life.

#10600 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Yes, but can you hit it with a sledgehammer from 6 inches above the playfield?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,000 (OBO)
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 13,500.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/212?hl=zaphx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.