20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 246.
#10501 4 years ago
Quoted from SlightlySnaked:

Got a BS edition in the low 200's through a distributor for $8,500.00. With shipping and tax I think it came out to around $9,400.00. Not the easiest pill to swallow, but with the low number and I game I really want, I'm okay with it.

Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Were there any add-on’s?
Or did you pay 8500 just for the BS edition pin?

He probably got that one from GAP that was a 1k premium to get that #. So that added a thousand bucks to his total. Can't say I blame him. If you don't buy that many machines and are hyped about this one... go for it.

Most dists have been super honest about this and didn't try to add a markup for a lower #. That was the exception but there's probably a story behind it.

#10502 4 years ago

I have this joke with my wife that whenever someone buys a house nearby for significantly more than we paid, we should send them a cute postcard that says, “Thanks for being my comp!”.

Really, we all ought to be grateful to have secured something so in demand, however one came by theirs.

#10503 4 years ago

Is it also possible that the bidders didn't read, and were assuming they were buying a pinball machine and not a pre-order spot? I'd be curious if we see non-payment and the same auction thrown up by the same user a week from now.

#10504 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Until then it's club with zero members.

Which, incidentally, is the only type of Club i would ever consider joining.

#10505 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

He probably got that one from GAP that was a 1k premium to get that #. So that added a thousand bucks to his total. Can't say I blame him. If you don't buy that many machines and are hyped about this one... go for it.
Most dists have been super honest about this and didn't try to add a markup for a lower #. That was the exception but there's probably a story behind it.

GAP isn't a Spooky Distributor. He just bought some games to resell. That's why he can get away with asking more than MSRP.

#10506 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Three to play within a 10 mile radius. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!

Yep. I'm going to have to plan a vacation day soon to play some Rick and Morty! Madison is such a great City to live in for pinball!

#10507 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

GAP isn't a Spooky Distributor. He just bought some games to resell. That's why he can get away with asking more than MSRP.

Makes sense.

#10508 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

That sounds pretty shady.

#10509 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

"But I want it, Daddy!"

No need to be a d-bag. Guy wanted a game and paid extra to get it. Like that's a first in our hobby?

#10510 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

No need to be a d-bag.

Ok, numbnuts. Did you not see the quotes?

I know many a guy who will pull out the card and buy whatever it is that shuts their kid up. Some of them even make enough in an hour or two to pay 2-3k over retail for that peace and quiet.

#10511 4 years ago

So what do you guys think of this for a mod. Velcro it to anywhere inside the pin I suppose. (rough draft - final version pics soon which will be white instead of gray, and hopefully better resolution printed label)
IMG-4870 (resized).jpgIMG-4870 (resized).jpgIMG-4871 (resized).jpgIMG-4871 (resized).jpg

#10512 4 years ago

The BSE #440 that supposedly sold a few weeks ago on eBay has been re-listed several times. Things are not as they seem. I smell a rat with this standard also.

#10513 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I actually believe he is* (hopefully was) a distributor.

Spooky is smart and pays attention. GAP hopefully just screwed himself on not only selling Spooky in the future, but also hurts himself on other sales. This sort of distributor flipping usually comes back to bite people in the butt.

#10514 4 years ago

If we don’t get one in Chicago I might drive up to Madison! That’s only a couple hours from me.
LMK when you are getting yours!

Saturday Feb 29th is the official launch Party!

Come on up! Scott will be there along with team Spooky. hoping to entice big red to trek over for the fun also!

#10515 4 years ago

If we don’t get one in Chicago I might drive up to Madison! That’s only a couple hours from me.
LMK when you are getting yours!

#18 going to Brixies, so there will be at least one gong on location in the Chicago area.

#10516 4 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

#18 going to Brixies, so there will be at least one gong on location in the Chicago area.

I see one game in particular in your killer collection I would like to see in my Basement collection!!!!! lol

#10517 4 years ago

Over 10K posts and no one talking about the 'original' Morty...

meatball_morty (resized).jpgmeatball_morty (resized).jpg
#10518 4 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

and that one will be clean as hell, just like all the pins are at that location

#10519 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

You maybe right but it could go the price route of JJPOTC. For a game that sold out in four hours on theme alone and capped at 750, I'm guessing demand is going to stay high and for a long time.

You have been around long enough to know that once dust settles it will come back to earth. Will just take time. You do realize America's Most Haunted did pretty much the same thing. If I am not mistaken one sold for $10k to a guy who just had to have one. Now they can be got for $5k all day

#10520 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Ok, numbnuts. Did you not see the quotes?
I know many a guy who will pull out the card and buy whatever it is that shuts their kid up. Some of them even make enough in an hour or two to pay 2-3k over retail for that peace and quiet.

It's a condescending quote, you're making it sound like the guy paying over retail for a game (that we're all excited about) is being a whining child. My 2c.

#10521 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

So what do you guys think of this for a mod. Velcro it to anywhere inside the pin I suppose. (rough draft - final version pics soon which will be white instead of gray, and hopefully better resolution printed label)
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is pretty cool. How did you make it and what is it made of?

And how much are you charging to make mine?

#10522 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

[quoted image][quoted image]

My sauce looks way different

20200211_170831 (resized).jpg20200211_170831 (resized).jpg
#10523 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

My sauce looks way different[quoted image]

Interesting meta dilemma. Which is the ‘right’ szechuan sauce mod? The Mulan one referenced on the actual tv show, or the Rick and Morty promotion sauce McDonald’s bought out in response to the TV show?

#10524 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

It's a condescending quote, you're making it sound like the guy paying over retail for a game (that we're all excited about) is being a whining child. My 2c.

What are you an empath? I am sure somewhere someone appreciates your sensitivity, but here it is misdirected.

We were discussing possible rationale / resoning for paying a Premium on an ebay auction rather than trying to suss out a better deal. I was not impugning anyone or their motivation. Merely pointing out the possibility that the motivation was one of convenience over cost.

#10525 4 years ago

My sauce looks way different

You might want to consult a physician.

#10526 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I see one game in particular in your killer collection I would like to see in my Basement collection!!!!! lol

Just one? Ditto buddy, you know which one I'm talking about

#10527 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

You have been around long enough to know that once dust settles it will come back to earth. Will just take time. You do realize America's Most Haunted did pretty much the same thing. If I am not mistaken one sold for $10k to a guy who just had to have one. Now they can be got for $5k all day

We will see, not saying it's never going to come back down to earth just going to take longer based on a extremely popular theme and the Danesi/Bowen combo.

#10528 4 years ago

already sent in my add-on list, so hopefully one will be at Padavans NY in St Louis by the end of the month if AS releases them.

I was with Scott yesterday. I took a friend with me that is a huge Rick and Morty fan and let him play it. He loved it. And although I caught flack a few pages back about me not caring for the theme, which Scott thought was hilarious since he knows im still getting games out to the public, I thought that the game was coming along great. The images are spot on and id say integration is the best to date for Spooky. Job well done

#10529 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Interesting meta dilemma. Which is the ‘right’ szechuan sauce mod? The Mulan one referenced on the actual tv show, or the Rick and Morty promotion sauce McDonald’s bought out in response to the TV show?

True that. Didnt think of it that way. I guess you gotta get both

#10530 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

This is pretty cool. How did you make it and what is it made of?
And how much are you charging to make mine?

It's 3d printed, draft so the resolution/layer is wide. I was planning to sell them if people wanted yea. Like $25 each shipped probably.

My sauce looks way different[quoted image]

I imagine if you opened that, you wouldn't be able to wash that smell off of you for weeks.

#10531 4 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Sweet! I will be there!
Please let me know when you guys get it.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Come on up! Scott will be there along with team Spooky. hoping to entice big red to trek over for the fun also!

I would love to attend the launch party!
My youngest son has regionals that day but I suspect this launch party will be in the evening? So I should be able to go if that’s the case.

Can you let me know the time?

#10532 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think we should debate this topic for at least the next 7 pages.

#10533 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I think we should debate this topic for at least the next 7 pages.

Gold. In true Pinside form

#10534 4 years ago

Neither fit the color scheme of the pin. Also, unless there is some reference to it in the game, it really doesn't need to be there.

Change my mind.

#10535 4 years ago
Quoted from SlightlySnaked:

That's the one.

Well I don't think I'm an idiot. And a year from now should be interesting to see what it's going for. I intend on holding onto mine for awhile.

This, more or less. I missed the presale, really want one, and the sooner the better.

I don't think youre an idiot either.

NIB R&M might go for 12k or more a year from now from the right buyer.

Theres a global demand.

Hint: convert it to a BS edition.
You absolutely can do this.
Its not even built yet.

#10536 4 years ago

Sweet! I will be there!
Please let me know when you guys get it.

I would love to attend the launch party!
My youngest son has regionals that day but I suspect this launch party will be in the evening? So I should be able to go if that’s the case.
Can you let me know the time?

Noon or 1pm start

Will likely run qualifying for a few hours so people can hang out and chat w team spooky while having a pint and playing.

Then some sort of playoff.

All for fun and all $ for the day will go to charity (likely the local animal humane society or shelter; still confirming)

#10537 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I don't think youre an idiot.
NIB R&M might go for 12k or more a year from now from tbe right buyer.
Theres a global demand.

Agreed. Not everything follows the standard pattern.

#10538 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I don't think youre an idiot either.
NIB R&M might go for 12k or more a year from now from tbe right buyer.
Theres a global demand.
Hint: convert it to a BS edition.
You absolutely can do this.
Its not even built yet.

It already is a BS edition per the ad.

#10539 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Noon or 1pm start
Will likely run qualifying for a few hours so people can hang out and chat w team spooky while having a pint and playing.
Then some sort of playoff.
All for fun and all $ for the day will go to charity (likely the local animal humane society or shelter; still confirming)

OK thanks for the info hopefully I can make it.

#10540 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Neither fit the color scheme of the pin. Also, unless there is some reference to it in the game, it really doesn't need to be there.
Change my mind.

Blasphemous.

#10541 4 years ago

Just picked up my alternate topper.

20200211_173328 (resized).jpg20200211_173328 (resized).jpg
#10542 4 years ago

Still would not sell my spot for that amount of money, so I can't say its a bad deal on the buyer. I will say I was in the right place at the right time. Congrats to the buyer and seller of the ebay auction.

#10543 4 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Sweet! That's right on my train ride home. Brixie's is where I played TNA a bunch before deciding to buy it.

#10544 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Anyone else having a delay on hearing about their order from C137 designs for custom image from R&M? When I ordered, it said 7-10 days, but I'm going on day 12.

Yes. I suspect we single handily quadrupled their monthly sales.

#10545 4 years ago

Dear Pinside,

How many weeks until Kaneda sells his game and I can buy a $1500 preorder for $500? I am going to say 12 weeks from now.

Sincerely
President of the I Missed out on Rick and Morty Pinball Club.

#10546 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Dear Pinside,
How many weeks until Kaneda sells his game and I can buy a $1500 preorder for $500? I am going to say 12 weeks from now.
Sincerely

Youre not on all the distro lists?

#10547 4 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Just picked up my alternate topper.[quoted image]

Where?

#10548 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Dear Pinside,

Sincerely

2 weeks, and it's not going to be $500, it's going to be $3k

#10549 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What time and where? Or where can I find this info if it changes again.

#10550 4 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

What time and where? Or where can I find this info if it changes again.

Look back at previous posts... he posted it already

***12/1PM start

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 13,500.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 210.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
$ 28.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/211?hl=goldant and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.