20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 246.
#10351 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Same thing with JJP POTC, they could only afford one voice; Gibbs (Kevin McNally), but he did a great job. I guess these days the A-list actors are just too expensive. Crazy how back in the 90's Williams could get the entire STTNG cast to do the callouts. As for R&M, it would have been nice to have some lines from Jerry or Summer, but not going to complain given we've got SO much content from Roiland!

LOTR set the bar very high for me. It's got iconic lines from every main character in the movie along with original callouts from multiple actors. That being said, what I've seen of R+M is significantly more impactful than the lines heard in LOTR. John Rhys-Davies/Gimli did a phenomenal job with his material and really made some iconic callouts, but at the end of the day it's Gimli yelling "Jackpot!", he's not interacting with the player in a context-specific way like we've already seen Rick/Meeseeks/etc do in R+M. Spooky did an absolutely kickass job of using Justin's talents to great effect, and it looks like this game is gonna be something truly special.

#10352 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Thanks for the review of the sandwich. Did you have the Fried Chicken pro or the LE ?

Mum said "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

#10353 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

IMHO the subject material with this theme is totally unsuitable for kids, regardless of whether you remove the swearing or not. Rick's relationship with Morty and others is completely toxic. It's all in good edgy fun for adults but you need to have a level of maturity that kids simply lack to discern the layers here. Just my opinion, of course, and I'm far from a prude, but I would NOT let my kids younger than 14 or so watch this show at all.
I guess we'll have to see what the Family Mode actually presents to judge, but it's hard to imagine how the adventures can be made "safe" enough for kids will still having enough "there" to base a game on.

Who cares

Dont think too small kids will get the toxicness either, as it needs a certain maturity to appreciate it.

#10354 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Dont think too small kids will get the toxicness either, as it needs a certain maturity to appreciate it.

I'm pretty sure young kids can pick up on toxicity. I wouldn't let young kids watch the show.

#10355 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Who cares

Not an issue here, my kids are all older. Just saying, there's a lot more "wrong" with the content than some swearing.

#10356 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Plastic protectors, Lit Speaker Panel and target decals? Coin box if you wanna route it..

Lit speaker panels!

Yep, i gotta have 'em!

Coin mechs and a coin box?
Maybe i can add them later?

#10357 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Not an issue here, my kids are all older. Just saying, there's a lot more "wrong" with the content than some swearing.

Yeh the swearing is the least of the “issues”.

#10358 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Lit speaker panels!
Yep, i gotta have 'em!
Coin mechs and a coin box?
Maybe i can add them later?

Pretty sure the mechs just come with. The coin box is an add on.

#10359 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I'm pretty sure young kids can pick up on toxicity. I wouldn't let young kids watch the show.

What we watched:

#10360 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

personally, I hope eric doesn't reply to this. I would like to see a lot of things that are just a surprise when playing it in the wild or at home when mine arrives

If you don't want spoilers just drain the thread...problem solved.

#10361 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well they did say the spinner was misaligned which was causing issues with that shot. I also noticed no one made the garage from the left orbit, but just looking at it, it looks like there is no direct line to it except from the upper flipper so timing will be key, and it looks to be pretty tight off that left ramp.[quoted image]

I wondered if the spinner was misaligned... So I went and rewatched the video and I think this may not be the case, it might be something else: I'm sharing the below in hopes that it may be some help:

There appeared to be:
-12 legitimate shots to the upper inner loop

-2 were slightly not accurate and actually hit a rubber killing the shot
-2 were too weak and wouldn't have made it

There were 8 clean shots:

-0 hit the spinner and lost momentum from doing so
-3 shots were successful
-And here's the interesting one... 5 shots hit the wall at it's vertical portion, absorbing the momentum before it could be transferred to vertical trajectory, making the orbit shot fail.

What does this mean? Around 40% of clean shots to the orbit made it around successfully (limited sample obviously). It looks like when the shot goes higher in the entrance it hits the wall and is unsuccessful, when it goes lower, momentum is retained, transferred upwards and the shot is successful. I don't know, maybe adding more curve to the top portion of the wall could help?

You can see what I'm talking about here:

I'm in on one of these and am want this to be a huge success, sharing in the spirit of hoping this info may be of use.

#10362 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I wondered if the spinner was misaligned... So I went and rewatched the video and I think this may not be the case, it might be something else: I'm sharing the below in hopes that it may be some help:
There appeared to be:
-3 shots were successful
-And here's the interesting one... 5 shots hit the wall at it's vertical portion, absorbing the momentum before it could be transferred to vertical trajectory, making the orbit shot fail.
What does this mean? Around 40% of clean shots to the orbit made it around successfully (limited sample obviously). It looks like when the shot goes higher in the entrance it hits the wall and is unsuccessful, when it goes lower, momentum is retained, transferred upwards and the shot is successful. I don't know, maybe adding more curve to the top portion of the wall could help?
I'm in on one of these and am want this to be a huge success, sharing in the spirit of hoping this info may be of use.

I'm just going off what they said in the thread when people asked about it. In the SMB stream it didn't seem like anyone had issues with it.

#10363 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I wondered if the spinner was misaligned... So I went and rewatched the video and I think this may not be the case, it might be something else:

I'm gonna go with Scott's take on this one.

#10364 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

There appeared to be:
-3 shots were successful

I didnt buy MB because it was too easy and i would be bored.

In my opinion a game must have a certain fun, frustration level.

The shots should look easy but be challenging.

And be lightning fast at times yet controllable.

I think the game looks like all of that was accomplished.

#10365 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm just going off what they said in the thread when people asked about it. In the SMB stream it didn't seem like anyone had issues with it.

Quoted from guitarded:

I'm probably wrong, and am happy to be in this case!

#10366 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

There appeared to be:
-3 shots were successful

Seems no different than alot of games. Getaway is but one example, the upper orbit shot has a "sweet spot" (or window) and if you do not strike within it then the shot is not viable.

#10367 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I agree.

Also, those new spinners when fresh off the press seem a bit "dragy" and tight. My TNA spinner when new did not spin anywhere near as freely as any of my older games. After it had a chance to bed in it was a bit better, then a spot of dry lube on the wire where it spins helped even more. Now it spins quite well.

I think this will be the same, a little fine tuning will help alot.

#10368 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Seems not different than alot of games. Getaway is but one example, the shot has a "sweet spot" (or window) and if you do not strike within it then the shot is not viable.

Fish Tales Boat Ramps.

Smoth as silk when you are hitting them. Brick City when you lose that feel.

#10369 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Fish Tales Boat Ramps.

Im a expert at hitting post bumpers.

No matter how narrow or hidden.

2.5" or 3" wide gaping ramp entrances elude me.

Hitting post bumpers is my super power.

Im a pinball shortstop.

Its all about the infield, lighting fast drains, and 15 second ball times...

That's my jam.

#10370 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Thanks for the review of the sandwich. Did you have the Fried Chicken pro or the LE ?

Pro priced chicken sandwich... LE taste.

#10371 4 years ago

I really wonder how well this will earn on location in the right spot.
I don't know if I'm adventurous enough to place one but there will be one
at Pinball Palace in Brunswick GA very soon!

#10372 4 years ago

I heard a story once, about the arival of a "groundbreaking" hit game in the 80's ... 2 days after siting, an operator had calls for machine malfunction; coins not registering. ... turned out the coin box was so full that coins could not escape the coin mechs... 2 days!

Certainly will be interesting to see how this one goes!

#10373 4 years ago

Did you guys see the 3D Rick and Morty from the guy that brought us 3D Homer Simpson?

Good luck unseeing this!

EQRE-xgUUAAXr3U (resized).jpegEQRE-xgUUAAXr3U (resized).jpeg
#10374 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Fish Tales Boat Ramps.

FT is not really a good comparison. When you make the boat ramps it's silky smooth and never dribbles back. If you are bricking then you are just missing the ramp shot completely.

In the video people are making inner orbit shot but it dribbled back after going part way around. Bricking would mean you miss the inner orbit completely. As others have said HS2 is a very good comparison because you have to nail it in just the right spot to avoid dribbling around whereas the Shadow seems to be a little more forgiving.

#10375 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

There appeared to be:
5 shots hit the wall at it's vertical portion, absorbing the momentum...

I've played dozens of games on this machine.
The easiest shot is the right ramp, the second easiest shot is the orbit shot from the upper flipper.
All of this "Is the upper orbit shot easy/reliable?" talk will vanish when machines start shipping.

#10376 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

The easiest shot is the right ramp, the second easiest shot is the orbit shot from the upper flipper.
All of this "Is the upper orbit shot easy/reliable?" talk will vanish when machines start shipping.

I thought pins were supposed to already start shipping?

#10377 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Yep , I've found it to be one of the easiest shots in the game from my experience playing it .

Quoted from Skyemont:

I thought pins were supposed to already start shipping?

I know spooky said they had an 18 month timeframe for building all the games , but I don't think they gave a specific date as to when they'd start shipping them.

#10378 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yep , I've found it to be one of the easiest shots in the game from my experience playing it .

That is good to hear however you really can't blame anyone for thinking that when the majority people haven't had chance to play it and the short video is all they can go off.

#10379 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Is the upper orbit shot easily loopable too? Would be fun if you can rip a few shots in a row and really get that spinner going!

#10380 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Is the upper orbit shot easily loopable too? Would be fun if you can rip a few shots in a row and really get that spinner going!

Yes, easily loopable. Very.
As for shipping timeframe, I have zero to do with that. Pinball Life does not make pinball machines, we only make parts.

#10381 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

That is good to hear however you really can't blame anyone for thinking that when the majority people haven't had chance to play it and the short video is all they can go off.

Yes , you are correct . The only thing videos are good for is to show some features , light shows ,art ,sound ,modes, lcd clips ect . Videos are absolutely useless as a guide to determine how a game shoots, especially since everyone plays different . The only way anyone can ever know how a game plays/shoots for them is to actually play the game . I hope everyone gets a chance to play this game at some point . I will say that the upper orbit (for me ) has about the same feel as the upper orbit on Iron maiden , meaning it is about the same skill level to me to hit and loop . I think by comparing it to other games that many more people have played gives people a better idea of what it might be like .Hope that helps and I really hope you get to play a Rick and Morty sometime in the near future .

#10382 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

This is Pinside, where watching 5 mins of footage permanently forms opinions!

I still shake my head at the RAZA fiasco. Pinside armchair quarterbacks so sure the ramp shot is "unmakeable" and "a problem."
Having actually played the game myself, it's fine and fun. I have no doubt Rick and Morty will be also.

I truly wonder why Pinside seems to love finding flaws and exaggerating their importance.

#10383 4 years ago

Dop makes pinball machines!

#10384 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

As for shipping timeframe, I have zero to do with that. Pinball Life does not make pinball machines, we only make parts.

How difficult is the portal garage shot from upper flipper?

#10385 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I would say that is the hardest shot in the game , but you can achieve the same thing by hitting the right orbit which I consider a medium to easy shot . when I played the game the code was that when the portal was open you could enter the garage and access the portal from either of the shots .

#10386 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Im a expert at hitting post bumpers.
No matter how narrow or hidden.
2.5" or 3" wide gaping ramp entrances elude me.
Hitting post bumpers is my super power.
Im a pinball shortstop.
Its all about the infield lighting fast drains and 15 second ball times...
That's my jam.

It’s gonna be all ball locks and magnasave for you on this game then my friend.

#10387 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

And you make dreams come true.

#10388 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I heard a story once, about the arival of a "groundbreaking" hit game in the 80's ... 2 days after siting, an operator had calls for machine malfunction; coins not registering. ... turned out the coin box was so full that coins could not escape the coin mechs... 2 days!
Certainly will be interesting to see how this one goes!

Vid’s Comet story as I recall....

#10389 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Vid’s Comet story as I recall....

It was in Australia... Firepower, I think it was... they came over by the multiple container load.... I was actually thinking of the local story.

I guess this story essentially repeats itself at various places and occasions through history.

Might it be coming again?? ... well, not if the Op is using a card reader!

#10390 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Hardest shot in game (off the tip of the upper flipper).
Sometimes you can get to the garage via the right orbit, but other times you are locked out by the diverter. Sometimes only the upper flipper garage shot is lit (like for a super jackpot). The game knows from which direction the ball entered the garage because of optos.

#10391 4 years ago

Here's the current way the diverter works:

The right orbit will 'always' divert UNLESS:
- There is something lit in the garage and allowed from the right orbit (Portal for dimension, Super JP in the main multiball)
- You very recently rolled over the left in-lane switch (for looping)
- There is an adventure rule that prevents the divert (Whirly Dirly does this, again for looping)

You get 1 super jackpot per multiball from the right orbit, after that, it will divert.
There's a set number of dimension changes that are allowed from the right orbit, after that you'd have to use the garage - this is adjustable.

And again, this is just how it works NOW. Things may change.

#10392 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:Rick and Morty Standard Edition Spot bid up to $1800 with 24 hours left to go!
ebay.com link » Rick And Morty Standard Pinball Machine Pre Order Spot
What will the final price be? Will the seller collect?
Not mine.

Surprised only 3 people are bidding on this RM on eBay
A288F1C7-D735-415F-915A-51F0E4D4F3FF (resized).jpegA288F1C7-D735-415F-915A-51F0E4D4F3FF (resized).jpeg
6164AD45-432D-42E6-8573-2BF27C57EED3 (resized).jpeg6164AD45-432D-42E6-8573-2BF27C57EED3 (resized).jpeg

#10393 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Kinda nuts people are willing to pay a grand+ premium for a standard when it won't be built for a year and a half... As a standard preorder-er myself, I didn't think the hype would ever make it far enough to affect us I think we're gonna see some crazy shit once people actually start receiving machines. 10k by Christmas in July?

#10394 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Kinda nuts people are willing to pay a grand+ premium for a standard when it won't be built for a year and a half... As a standard preorder-er myself, I didn't think the hype would ever make it far enough to affect us I think we're gonna see some crazy shit once people actually start receiving machines. 10k by Christmas in July?

It will be interesting to see how much people are willing to pay for this pin.

For the people that didn’t get in on the presale it might not be bad for them to pay more now than later… Look what happened with JJ POTC. Prices on those are pretty high aren’t they?

Me... I can’t wait to get mine and I don’t see myself selling it with as good as it looks like it’s going to be.

#10395 4 years ago

It's going to be a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong wait.

#10396 4 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

There will probably be a couple more last minute bidders... I strongly suspect

ebay.com link: 0

#10397 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's going to be a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong wait.

Bet this spot sells again before it's built

#10398 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Bet this spot sells again before it's built

If you had deep pockets you could probably make a fair penny cornering the market on these. Buy anything for sale under 3k and sell only at 4k plus. There probably won't be that many pre-order spots coming up for sale...

#10399 4 years ago

It will be interesting to see how much people are willing to pay for this pin.
For the people that didn’t get in on the presale it might not be bad for them to pay more now than later… Look what happened with JJ POTC. Prices on those are pretty high aren’t they?
Me... I can’t wait to get mine and I don’t see myself selling it with as good as it looks like it’s going to be.

and still nobody has recieved their game besides adult swim.. crazy

#10400 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Unfortunately my build (653) is not far off from whoever gets this one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
10,500 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/208?hl=onthesnap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.