New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 256899)

Rick & Morty Pinball from Spooky!

By MEuRaH

10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 12,223 posts
  • 774 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by razorsedge
  • Topic is favorited by 238 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,256 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DCD2A98A-84FC-4C7C-A00C-BDB6B6203D8B (resized).jpeg
7119AE22-F7DC-4DFC-860B-552C76B5B099 (resized).jpeg
86F056A7-1E21-4BD4-808F-D45B7187B4E7 (resized).jpeg
5E6BE29B-3FF1-4605-B1DC-AEB8F2DEDD79 (resized).jpeg
5144B608-71B9-4E23-88DE-827D25196119 (resized).jpeg
F354F545-7F0F-4745-BFC2-D7F2B54888E1 (resized).jpeg
254F9FAA-E23F-4982-BA39-C5C00FD6DF0E (resized).jpeg
CA484115-F782-4762-A0B8-9E6518EC27A0 (resized).jpeg
C2E297EB-334A-41B8-B080-38EF0A1E314E (resized).jpeg
FE3A164D-037F-4AE0-BFCA-87EC4C289195 (resized).jpeg
FF6BC0D2-EF05-426A-A34F-479FC011E190 (resized).jpeg
09B37974-E19D-4997-B4A9-6D8FA28E29A6 (resized).jpeg
74AA2FAE-392C-4432-BCA3-695A2FBD97B5 (resized).jpeg
96700C97-8906-4F9A-9B9C-7135080B2D32 (resized).jpeg
7AFA7B68-BB6D-4D80-855E-2B9D8B20678D (resized).jpeg
30FB9493-A13A-4DDA-89B2-3A48E05C2CF2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12223 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 245.
#10301 8 months ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

Ok, does anyone know what affects the diverter in the right orbit? Charlie shot it going for the garage and if I remember the first shot came back on the spinner lane/orbit. But the second one went to the garage.

I believe it is that bar in the middle of the playfield that shows the portal gun charged. Once charged the shot goes to the garage. (guessing here)

#10302 8 months ago

Ok, does anyone know what affects the diverter in the right orbit? Charlie shot it going for the garage and if I remember the first shot came back on the spinner lane/orbit. But the second one went to the garage.

That first shot was a bit sloppy. When he nailed it on the second shot, it went right through to the garage.

#10303 8 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I believe it is that bar in the middle of the playfield that shows the portal gun charged. Once charged the shot goes to the garage. (guessing here)

Also once charged, the interactive topper lights and spins. You shouldn’t have any confusion when the portal is ready.

#10304 8 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Also once charged, the interactive topper lights and spins. You shouldn’t have any confusion when the portal is ready.

Thats such a cool feature for the topper!

Did anyone notice if they also show the portal on the lcd?

This pin is going to be so awesome. I can’t wait!

#10305 8 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

But what if not everyone has a topper?? oh...wait just a second here...

#10306 8 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

But what if not everyone has a topper?? oh...wait just a second here...

The folks with low ceilings gonna be blown. Time to cut holes in drywall or ceiling tiles.

#10307 8 months ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

The folks with low ceilings gonna be blown. Time to cut holes in drywall or ceiling tiles.

I KIND OF wish they would have stuck the moving portal in the backbox ala blackhole with an infinity mirror.

#10308 8 months ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I KIND OF wish they would have stuck the moving portal in the backbox ala blackhole with an infinity mirror.

Sounds like a great mod idea. Could just repurpose the topper motor.

#10309 8 months ago

I am wondering if they will end up modifying them so they are Plug and Play type. Factory installed, but then shipped unattached. That way you can't really mess up the wiring and Spooky can avoid calamity.

The pessimist in me says there is no way 700+ of these ship with toppers intact and arrive undamaged. Or, maybe I just have bad luck with that sort of thing?

#10310 8 months ago

Oh man..yea, this is a cool idea.

#10311 8 months ago

Low ceiling in my house I’m so hoping that I can get a smaller bracket or a new house so I can enjoy the cool topper.
It looks badass.

#10312 8 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Well...a streaker at least.

She's hot compared to the streakers I usually see .

#10313 8 months ago

I’m pretty sure it diverts attention away from the Stranger Things thread?

I kid.

I’m a kidder.

I got my first chance to play Stranger Things at A4 Arcade in Boston yesterday. WICKED spot if you’re ever in Beantown. I swear by the Fried Chicken Sandwich. It might be the best I’ve ever had anywhere?!

As for Stranger Things, I’m well aware of the physical issues reported about the game (Demo Shot, Ball Lock post)... gotta say. I had a absolute blast playing it. 3 of us pumped in quarters for about 8 straight games. I think it’s a lot of fun. It’s hardly the dumpster fire some make it out to be. As code shapes up, I think it’ll become a very good game.

Back to Rick and Morty. Based on the short gameplay clip, I’m absolutely flabbergasted by the theme integration and light show. This game is going to be BONKERS.

I LOVE the genuine excitement from everybody involved. So happy for everybody at Spooky. Couldn’t have happened to a nicer bunch of people. Except for thenotrashcougar ... who is clearly just mailing it in, and biding his time until he can get a job in middle management at some sort of fleet services company. You can just tell his heart’s not in it.

#10314 8 months ago

Rugby is a manlier sport.

(can't stop laughing, btw.)

#10315 8 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Rugby is a manlier sport.

I don't know if it's manlier , but we don't wear padding to play football over here .

#10316 8 months ago

Potentially negative observation, please don't murder me:

It looks like they did not get the rights to any voices from the show, OTHER than Justin Roiland, right? I am more than content with all the original lines (+ lines from the show) from Rick, Morty, Meeseeks, Mr PBH, etc, just was thinking back to the gameplay vids and don't think we heard anything from Beth/Jerry/Summer? Very possible I'm forgetting/missed something, please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, the potential for Interdimensional Cable references is high considering Justin did nearly all those voices ("I need a god damn Jan Michael Vincent" multiball would be great).

#10317 8 months ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Beth/Jerry/Summer?

Beth is voiced by Sarah Chalke who is an actress that was on scrubs and roseanne
Jerry is voiced by Chris Parnell who was on SNL for 8 years

Mayyyybe we'll get clips from the show, but doubtful we'll get custom speech. Justin Roiland doesn't seem to care to lend his voice out for many projects (including VR games), and that's plenty for me. Also the whole theme of the game seems to be about Rick telling morty what adventures to go on (until he fills his adventure card anyway). Not sure how Summer/Beth/Jerry would even fit in?

#10318 8 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Beth is voiced by Sarah Chalke who is an actress that was on scrubs and roseanne
Jerry is voiced by Chris Parnell who was on SNL for 8 years
Mayyyybe we'll get clips from the show, but doubtful we'll get custom speech. Justin Roiland doesn't seem to care to lend his voice out for many projects (including VR games), and that's plenty for me. Also the whole theme of the game seems to be about Rick telling morty what adventures to go on (until he fills his adventure card anyway). Not sure how Summer/Beth/Jerry would even fit in?

Yeah I'm aware of the voice actors, we just didn't know before if we'd get lines from the show or not, and after seeing gameplay it appears not. How would it fit in? The Whirly Dirly mode for example, Rick's talking directly to Jerry, who is in the video, but Jerry has no audio responding. Again, I don't care too much, Justin Roiland voices a huge variety of characters and the callouts we've seen are absolutely top-notch, I was just curious.

#10319 8 months ago

It looks like they did not get the rights to any voices from the show, OTHER than Justin Roiland, right? I am more than content with all the original lines (+ lines from the show) from Rick, Morty, Meeseeks, Mr PBH, etc, just was thinking back to the gameplay vids and don't think we heard anything from Beth/Jerry/Summer? Very possible I'm forgetting/missed something, please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, the potential for Interdimensional Cable references is high considering Justin did nearly all those voices ("I need a god damn Jan Michael Vincent" multiball would be great).

Why had I not considered a Ball Fondlers mode!?

Ball_fondlers (resized).png
#10320 8 months ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Why had I not considered a Ball Fondlers mode!?[quoted image]

LOL...another assumption I had that...yea that should be there. Why wouldn't it be. It pretty much writes itself.

#10321 8 months ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Why had I not considered a Ball Fondlers mode!?

"I can't believe we found a version of earth with a Ball Fondlers movie franchise"

#10322 8 months ago

So the Ball Fondlers thing brings up a question that I had during the SMB stream. I thought I caught someone say something about this on there, but not sure. With the adult/pg settings....is it also mode related? Are there modes you can only get if adult mode is on?

#10323 8 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So the Ball Fondlers thing brings up a question that I had during the SMB stream. I thought I caught someone say something about this on there, but not sure. With the adult/pg settings....is it also mode related? Are there modes you can only get if adult mode is on?

epthegeek we know you're lurking...ball fondlers? adult only modes? My guess is the family friendly settings will only affect callouts.

#10324 8 months ago

I swear someone made the comment during the stream that pickle rick mode was only available in adult mode -- but maybe the callouts are just different for it depending on that setting.

#10325 8 months ago

Id imagine the boob world, with shots to hit knockers and the knocker go off when you hit the target, would be in the adult mode only

#10326 8 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I swear someone made the comment during the stream that pickle rick mode was only available in adult mode -- but maybe the callouts are just different for it depending on that setting.

I think Bug was just making a joke about the pickle on rat violence insinuating that because of the graphic depiction of rodent murder by a pickle that maybe this mode should be limited to adult-only settings.

#10327 8 months ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I think Bug was just making a joke about the pickle on rat violence insinuating that because of the graphic depiction of rodent murder by a pickle that maybe this mode should be limited to adult-only settings.

IMHO the subject material with this theme is totally unsuitable for kids, regardless of whether you remove the swearing or not. Rick's relationship with Morty and others is completely toxic. It's all in good edgy fun for adults but you need to have a level of maturity that kids simply lack to discern the layers here. Just my opinion, of course, and I'm far from a prude, but I would NOT let my kids younger than 14 or so watch this show at all.

I guess we'll have to see what the Family Mode actually presents to judge, but it's hard to imagine how the adventures can be made "safe" enough for kids will still having enough "there" to base a game on.

#10328 8 months ago

Yeah I'm aware of the voice actors, we just didn't know before if we'd get lines from the show or not, and after seeing gameplay it appears not. How would it fit in? The Whirly Dirly mode for example, Rick's talking directly to Jerry, who is in the video, but Jerry has no audio responding. Again, I don't care too much, Justin Roiland voices a huge variety of characters and the callouts we've seen are absolutely top-notch, I was just curious.

I would like to know as well....

#10329 8 months ago
Quoted from Fytr:

IMHO the subject material with this theme is totally unsuitable for kids, regardless of whether you remove the swearing or not. Rick's relationship with Morty and others is completely toxic. It's all in good edgy fun for adults but you need to have a level of maturity that kids simply lack to discern the layers here. Just my opinion, of course, and I'm far from a prude, but I would NOT let my kids younger than 14 or so watch this show at all.
I guess we'll have to see what the Family Mode actually presents to judge, but it's hard to imagine how the adventures can be made "safe" enough for kids will still having enough "there" to base a game on.

My impression is "family mode" is strictly related to beeping out the swearing and/or alternate callouts and does not alter the video assets in any way. I am sure epthegeek can clarify / elaborate.

#10330 8 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I would like to know as well....

My original comment was upvoted by SpookyLuke so I'm taking that as confirmation of Justin Roiland as the only voice(s) from the show heard in game. We also have confirmation of 'Jeff Parsons of the Pinball Players podcast' as the narrator for Roy-Mode, so possible to have other cameos + voices in there as well.

Also, idk how I forgot in my first post, but Justin voices Noob Noob, the coolest and most with-it character in the R+M universe.

#10331 8 months ago

Yeh, it’s been asked a few times and there’s been no confirmation, but I haven’t heard any other voices in the streams so far (custom or not). I’m assuming it’s only Roiland, which would be a shame but not the end of the world.

#10332 8 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh, it’s been asked a few times and there’s been no confirmation, but I haven’t heard any other voices in the streams so far (custom or not). I’m assuming it’s only Roiland, which would be a shame but not the end of the world.

It could be worse… I.e. Sterns new Jurassic Park. I’m not trying to bash it because I love the new JP and I wouldn’t mind owning one. Of course it would be better with more of the actor’s
voices other than Nedry.

#10333 8 months ago

Maybe as an idea for a mod: A Meeseeks box with integrated LED that can light/flash whenever a new Meeseeks is created or maybe interact in some way based on existence of new/old meeseeks?

#10334 8 months ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Maybe as an idea for a mod: A Meeseeks box with integrated LED that can light/flash whenever a new Meeseeks is created or maybe interact in some way based on existence of new/old meeseeks?

I think that’s already in the game.

#10335 8 months ago

Will there be a secret Jerry mode featuring Midnight Run with director's commentary? Will we be able to adjust the default picture settings?

#10336 8 months ago

I can hear them cussing under their breath 'wtf did I get myself into'. lol.

#10337 8 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think that’s already in the game.

Via LCD/Inserts.... Sort of. Not via a physical toy/mod, right?

#10338 8 months ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I got my first chance to play Stranger Things at A4 Arcade in Boston yesterday. I swear by their Fried Chicken Sandwich. It might be the best I’ve ever had anywhere!

Thanks for the review of the sandwich. Did you have the Fried Chicken pro or the LE ?

#10339 8 months ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

epthegeek we know you're lurking...ball fondlers? adult only modes? My guess is the family friendly settings will only affect callouts.

personally, I hope eric doesn't reply to this. I would like to see a lot of things that are just a surprise when playing it in the wild or at home when mine arrives

#10340 8 months ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Will there be a secret Jerry mode featuring Midnight Run with director's commentary? Will we be able to adjust the default picture settings?

I wonder if the factory tint setting on Spooky's LCDs is always too high

#10341 8 months ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Via LCD/Inserts.... Sort of. Not via a physical toy/mod, right?

There is a meeseeks box in the game on the right by the upper flipper. There is a RGB controlled LED in there also. Is that what you mean?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/127#post-5383858

#10342 8 months ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

yeah, the factory tint setting is always too high

edit:
nogoodnames222 beat me to the punch

#10343 8 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

There is a meeseeks box in the game on the right by the upper flipper. There is a RGB controlled LED in there also. Is that what you mean?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/127#post-5383858

Doh! Missed that completely. Thanks for pointing it out.

#10344 8 months ago

Rick and Morty Standard Edition Spot bid up to $1800 with 24 hours left to go!

ebay.com link » Rick And Morty Standard Pinball Machine Pre Order Spot

What will the final price be? Will the seller collect?

Not mine.

#10345 8 months ago

BS edition, check.
Knocker, check.
Shaker motor, check.
Art blades, check.
Bill validator door, check. (to add Pinnovators headphone jack later)

Honestly I like the look of the black door better than the purple.

I also don't feel that a clearcoated cabinet is what I need.....

Anything I'm missing?

#10346 8 months ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Rick and Morty Standard Edition Spot bid up to $1800 with 24 hours left to go!
ebay.com link » Rick And Morty Standard Pinball Machine Pre Order Spot
What will the final price be? Will the seller collect?
Not mine.

I like how the seller is stating that it's # 550(ish) out of 750.... But conveniently fails to mention that it really won't be built until probably 700+ other machines.

#10347 8 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

BS edition, check.
Knocker, check.
Shaker motor, check.
Art blades, check.
Anything I'm missing?

Plastic protectors, Lit Speaker Panel and target decals? Coin box if you wanna route it..

#10348 8 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Same thing with JJP POTC, they could only afford one voice; Gibbs (Kevin McNally), but he did a great job. I guess these days the A-list actors are just too expensive. Crazy how back in the 90's Williams could get the entire STTNG cast to do the callouts. As for R&M, it would have been nice to have some lines from Jerry or Summer, but not going to complain given we've got SO much content from Roiland!

#10349 8 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

BS edition, check.
Knocker, check.
Shaker motor, check.
Art blades, check.
Anything I'm missing?

I love the look of the powder coated coin door!

#10350 8 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Same thing with JJP POTC, they could only afford one voice; Gibbs (Kevin McNally), but he did a great job. I guess these days the A-list actors are just too expensive. Crazy how back in the 90's Williams could get the entire STTNG cast to do the callouts. As for R&M, it would have been nice to have some lines from Jerry or Summer, but not going to complain given we've got SO much content from Roiland!

No expectation of custom lines from anyone except Roiland, but existing Summer/Beth/Jerry clips from the show would be great.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods
$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Columbus, OH
There are 12223 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 245.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside