20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 246.
#10201 4 years ago

Why not just have an optional video mode? One button accepts and the other declines and gives you points instead. People who hate them can skip and people who like them can play. Then everyone is happy.

#10202 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Find them and do what!?!? Thank them for feeling free, to ideally express a view, sans judgment, and being called out on a forum?
Knock that off right there, please. People are free to vocalize their opinions and thoughts (ON A PINBALL GAME, fer cryin' outloud!) any way...they...wish, sans repercussion. I agreed with some points he made, disagreed with some others. Whoopdeedoo.
Differing views is an IDEAL, not a controversy.

I think he knew what was coming. This thread was hornier than a 17 yr old going to prom after that gameplay video then he threw the old ice bucket to the crotch, what did he expect?

#10203 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

...... Look at a game like JP2 Premium. It's one of the best games I and many others have played, but there's a good number of people that decided either it was too hard or they just didn't care for it and moved it along in short time. .....

Or they simply weren't willing to accept the sub standard quality, or had serious concerns.

This assesment fails to take into account the mediocre build quality stern is chucking out there.

It is a real thing, surfacing in quite a few threads;

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-fixesplease-keep-everything-else-in-the-other-thread#post-5425765

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/92#post-5448889

#10204 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Or they simply weren't willing to accept the sub standard quality, or had serious concerns.
This assesment fails to take into account the mediocre build quality stern is chucking out there.

This, right or wrong. They are not for me.

#10205 4 years ago

Just watched the whole of the SMB stream. Really can’t see where the criticism is coming from. Great exposure to a young audience. People saying it looked “awkward” - the whole show is like that. That’s the point. Thought the game stream itself was really good given the format of the show. As players we want a top-down perfect camera setup, but for everyone else the side view gave more a feeling of actually playing the game.

Gameplay itself looked awesome. I understand some of the criticism. But most of the criticism is that it’s not a “traditional” fan layout with 3 pops a bash toy and an Italian bottom. That’s exactly what I love about it. I can buy 150 other games that are like that. R&M is fresh and unique. It’s likely not the greatest layout of all time for most, but it doesn’t need to be, and shouldn’t be. It’s limited to 750 games and It’s a quirky left of center theme that flies in the face of convention. The game should be too.

The lights, sound, animations, callouts etc etc were fantastic. I really can’t wait to play this game.

#10206 4 years ago

In the stream I didn’t see the ball exiting the left scoop at all. Is that not coded in yet?

And I didn’t notice the top scoop timer doing anything.

Another thing I liked is that the left sling being a pop seemed to open up the ball feed to the left flipper, compared to a normal sling. It seemed balls that would normally hit the lower half of the sling didn’t with this layout.

Is the middle right orbit shot another horseshoe that feeds back to the upper right flipper?

#10207 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just watched the whole of the SMB stream. Really can’t see where the criticism is coming from. Great exposure to a young audience. People saying it looked “awkward” - the whole show is like that. That’s the point. Thought the game stream itself was really good given the format of the show. As players we want a top-down perfect camera setup, but for everyone else the side view gave more a feeling of actually playing the game.
Gameplay itself looked awesome. I understand some of the criticism. But most of the criticism is that it’s not a “traditional” fan layout with 3 pops a bash toy and an Italian bottom. That’s exactly what I love about it. It’s fresh and unique. It’s likely not the greatest layout of all time for most, but it doesn’t need to be, and shouldn’t be. It’s limited to 750 games and It’s a quirky left of center theme that flies in the face of convention. The game should be too.
The lights, sound, animations, callouts etc etc were fantastic. I really can’t wait to play this game.

Couldn't agree more

#10208 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

In the stream I didn’t see the ball exiting the left scoop at all. Is that not coded in yet?

Bowen gets it through there in the end of the stream. It's during a multiball i think. Happens pretty fast.

#10209 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Another thing I liked is that the left sling being a pop seemed to open up the ball feed to the left flipper, compared to a normal sling. It seemed balls that would normally hit the lower half of the sling didn’t with this layout.
Is the middle right orbit shot another horseshoe that feeds back to the upper right flipper?

Bowen did, and so did the girl at least once.

#10210 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Bowen gets it through there in the end of the stream. It's during a multiball i think. Happens pretty fast.

Quoted from Zablon:

Bowen did, and so did the girl at least once.

Ok, need to watch again.

#10211 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ok, need to watch again.

You can't really 'see' it because of the camera angle, but you see the reactions and the commentary regarding it.

#10212 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You can't really 'see' it because of the camera angle, but you see the reactions and the commentary regarding it.

Yeh, it’s just off camera - saw it feed a couple of times during multiball.

Also saw the led near the top scoop working, but no idea for what.

#10213 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It tracked Roy’s age as he got older.

#10214 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You serious? Boss_FLOG was making more judgment than Judge Judy on Mother’s Day. Expressing a list of opinions is one thing, and I agree with some of what he said, but this....

And....those are his opinions. Good for him for stating them. Bad for him for doing it with a lot of 'tude that was over the top and defacto. Who cares? Doesn't affect anyone from not liking the game, and any thread should allow for respectful dissonance. And even if he wasn't respectful...? So, don't agree with him? This other cat wanting him to be blacklisted or marked, yeesh....absurd.

Quoted from Chisox:

I think he knew what was coming. This thread was hornier than a 17 yr old going to prom after that gameplay video then he threw the old ice bucket to the crotch, what did he expect?

Doesn't mean he should be called out in the way the poster that did....did.

Quoted from cooked71:

Gameplay itself looked awesome. I understand some of the criticism. But most of the criticism is that it’s not a “traditional” fan layout with 3 pops a bash toy and an Italian bottom. That’s exactly what I love about it. I can buy 150 other games that are like that. R&M is fresh and unique. It’s likely not the greatest layout of all time for most, but it doesn’t need to be, and shouldn’t be. It’s limited to 750 games and It’s a quirky left of center theme that flies in the face of convention. The game should be too.

Regarding "awkward", if you watched the stream chat, which was more entertaining, and more awkward than the onscreen action, most non pinheads seemed bored after 5 minutes, and intolerant of the demands for different things from the pinside crowd. A few posted that they didn't get pinball or called people nerds for liking it, etc. The stream didn't necessarily indicate the win of a new audience, based on the regulars haunting the chat.

Either way..... It's okay. Not everyone needs to join the club, adore pinball or....agree.

#10215 4 years ago

Prepping room for the game. Even Gizmo (dog) is excited.

633FB9DB-8940-44B8-BCE5-E23BBCA9E74B (resized).jpeg633FB9DB-8940-44B8-BCE5-E23BBCA9E74B (resized).jpeg
#10216 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

And....those are his opinions. Good for him for stating them. Bad for him for doing it with a lot of 'tude that was over the top and defacto. Who cares? Doesn't affect anyone from not liking the game, and any thread should allow for respectful dissonance. And even if he wasn't respectful...? So, don't agree with him? This other cat wanting him to be blacklisted or marked, yeesh....absurd.

Doesn't mean he should be called out in the way the poster that did....did.

Regarding "awkward", if you watched the stream, which was more entertaining, and more awkward than the onscreen action, most non pinheads seemed bored after 5 minutes, and intolerant of the demands for different things from the pinside crowd. A few posted that they didn't get pinball or called people nerds for liking it, etc. The stream didn't necessarily indicate the win of a new audience, based on the regulars haunting the chat.
Either way..... It's okay. Not everyone needs to join the club, adore pinball or....agree.

Was clear that boss_FLOG was trolling to get a reaction. He got a reaction. Then people get upset there was a reaction.

Anyway.

The outer/lower loop below the ramp looks difficult...with the post/rubber at the entrance to the ramp. Where does that lead - does that feed all the way round to the upper right flipper?

#10217 4 years ago

If you're talking on the left side, it goes to the garage/ portal. Bowen and Sally hit it during stream but cant see it due to camera angle.

#10218 4 years ago

holy moly that programme was terrible but good to see the spooky guys with the game; but glad they did the stream before that.

#10219 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Slightly tough, but not frustrating, and shots are NOT tight (but very satisfying).

how does it compare to ACNC?

Neil.

#10220 4 years ago

I saw Rick's portal gun , and it reminded me of fish tails starter handle . You could have a portal to cover the hole and the gun going into it . It would have to be powder coated and made of steel because a plastic one would break off to easily . I'm just dreaming but if it could be done well it would look great .

IMG20200208214613 (resized).jpgIMG20200208214613 (resized).jpgIMG_20200208_214417 (resized).jpgIMG_20200208_214417 (resized).jpgIMG_20200208_214254 (resized).jpgIMG_20200208_214254 (resized).jpg
#10221 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Prepping room for the game. Even Gizmo (dog) is excited.[quoted image]

Can you share info on who does this work ?
Thx

#10222 4 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

If you're talking on the left side, it goes to the garage/ portal. Bowen and Sally hit it during stream but cant see it due to camera angle.

Ahh, ok. And the top lane above the ramp is an orbit?

#10223 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ahh, ok. And the top lane above the ramp is an orbit?

Yes, feeds upper flipper

#10224 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Can you share info on who does this work ?
Thx

C137Designs.com

#10225 4 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

Yes, feeds upper flipper

So 3 shots feed that upper right flipper? The upper loop, the left ramp and the right inside loop?

#10226 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Prepping room for the game. Even Gizmo (dog) is excited.[quoted image]

Nice! I’m still waiting to get mine. When did you order yours? How long did it take?

#10227 4 years ago

Reality is it takes a ton of work to make a video mode and if the programmer hates video modes he's not going to do it for sure. So just forget the video mode and enjoy the game.

Quoted from chooch:

Why not just have an optional video mode? One button accepts and the other declines and gives you points instead. People who hate them can skip and people who like them can play. Then everyone is happy.

#10228 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The guy programming the game hates video modes with the burning fire of a thousand suns; so the outlook isn't great.

Here is a really easy solution to the video mode request - Just say there is a video mode, but it takes a complex combination of different shot combinations in a row to get to the video mode and you are keeping it a secret. People will be searching for a video mode for years.

#10229 4 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Here is a really easy solution to the video mode request - Just say there is a video mode, but it takes a complex combination of different shot combinations in a row to get to the video mode and you are keeping it a secret. People will be searching for a video mode for years.

Good one Jerry!

#10230 4 years ago

I would vote for video modes, and a Jerry mode sounds hilarious.

Even short videos (non interactive) when you earn certain things would be cool. Having the game play pause for a few seconds is sometimes a welcome break. Reminds me of the intermissions on Mrs PacMan. I love animations we have on modern pinball, but it’s so hard to enjoy them when you’re playing.

#10231 4 years ago

Jerry mode where all the video mode fans get to pop balloons would be hilarious. Make it worth zero points

#10232 4 years ago
Quoted from JellyNeck:

Jerry mode where all the video mode fans get to pop balloons would be hilarious. Make it worth zero points

Was just about to post this; thunder stealer.

#10233 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Was just about to post this; thunder stealer.

No, make it worth negative points. Reward letting it time out.

#10234 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

No, make it worth negative points. Reward letting it time out.

I figured it would have to have an option to just bail instead.

Note: I’m still not planning on actually making this

#10235 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Costs 100 points to bail. Costs points to pop ballons. The only way to get points is to stand there and let it time out. I guess I'm a sadist.

Quoted from epthegeek:

Probably for the best.

#10236 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Good. Seems like something that would get old quick. Given the opportunity cost of programming time, I’m sure there are other things to do instead (like additional multiball modes).

#10237 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Find them and do what!?!? Thank them for feeling free, to ideally express a view, sans judgment, and being called out on a forum?
Knock that off right there, please. People are free to vocalize their opinions and thoughts (ON A PINBALL GAME, fer cryin' outloud!) any way...they...wish, sans repercussion. I agreed with some points he made, disagreed with some others. Whoopdeedoo.
Differing views is an IDEAL, not a controversy.

Freedom of speech != freedom from reactions to your speech.

#10238 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I used to think it was funny when people misunderstood that concept...

With the advent of WrongSpeak, it's not nearly as humorous.

#10239 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I used to think it was funny when people misunderstood that concept...
With the advent of WrongSpeak, it's not nearly as humerous.

You ain’t kidding.

#10240 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Come on

#10241 4 years ago

So how do the Meeseeks work in this game, and what do they do, generally?

#10242 4 years ago

Why not make balloon popping jerry a option. You could have a menu setting to turn it on and off. Would be funny if you turn it on rick says "god dammit jerry if you absolutey must! if i do it will you shut up!?"

#10243 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So how do the Meeseeks work in this game, and what do they do, generally?

Add a ball.
Its really well done.

#10244 4 years ago

Can't wait till we get a proper stream and rules explanation. The mystery shot list was making me curious, what the he'll is "gaze upon the truth tortoise" wondering if some of those are a misdirect.

#10245 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I didn't say that or imply that at all. I said why rally a call to arms to someone, like the dude was doing with circling people who liked the guys post. More about other people, than that guy.

Moving forward.

#10246 4 years ago

Someone on Reddit mentioned that spooky makes mystery awards that cannot be gotten and are there for looks only. He was specifically talking about the Tilt on the R&M AS stream. Is this true or can u get the tilt mystery award in TNA/R&M?

#10247 4 years ago

there are a whole bunch of fake ones in TNA that you can't get

#10248 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Add a ball.
Its really well done.

Seems like there would be other uses, when outside of multiball, no? Given there are so many shots in the play field (in addition to the Meeseeks box).

#10249 4 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

there are a whole bunch of fake ones in TNA that you can't get

I don’t know about TNA, but ACNC does have Mystery Awards that aren’t coded in yet...so not really “fakes”.

#10250 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Seems like there would be other uses, when outside of multiball, no? Given there are so many shots in the play field (in addition to the Meeseeks box).

Meeseeks are also timed multipliers on shots that decrease the longer it takes to hit that shot...to the point where the shot is worth less than normal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 300.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/205?hl=zaphx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.