20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 246.
#10151 4 years ago

Purge video mode upon completion of the purge game mode.

colorful, exciting and gory!

Or something with cats...

#10152 4 years ago

I hope Jaguar makes the pin, he does save Rick and Morty's life.

#10153 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The guy programming the game hates video modes with the burning fire of a thousand suns; so the outlook isn't great.

But do you hate action buttons as much as I do?

#10154 4 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Preach! Besides all the other let downs with Sterns Munsters by far the most annoying thing in the world is the zap button.

Everytime it lights my head goes "fuck me..why?"

#10155 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had a stash of them, over a dozen...my wife threw them out not realizing they were special.

So much for your saucy retirement nestegg...

#10156 4 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Mostly agree, but I do enjoy it on POTC. Love seeing people drain as they greedily keeping trying to collect all the gold.

#10157 4 years ago

Since epthegeek hates video modes, maybe he will create one where you are just playing pinball in a simulation

rm-simulation.gifrm-simulation.gif
#10158 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

Hi guys
Thanks for the torch job. I hope this game is as awesome as you all believe it will be. My opinion was basically about the play field being uninspired.
We are, after all, playing on the play field and sending the ball around the play field. I believe that ought to he the main focus in designing games. Without an interesting pf, the game will be tough to love for me.
I totally agree it looks and sounds incredibly awesome. Love the lights and sounds and art. Obviously it's a passion project and it sparkles.
Let's chalk it up to danesi being a bit less experienced than some other designers at creating a unique play field.
I will show myself out. A lot of responses to my post were really over the top with negative attitude and rudeness. I am being pretty polite in expressing my opinion and would hope to see that from all of us here. I believe all of us are after the same thing and some games don't bring that depending on what we prefer. There is nothing to be achieved by ridiculing people.
Everyone have a great weekend !! I love the passion in this thread !

See how sensitive your are to some people saying what you think is shit?
Imagine if it was your game instead of some bullshit post on the internet

#10159 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I actually enjoyed the stream a lot. I don't think it would have been even close to as good if Bowen wasn't there. No offense to Charlie (aka nicest guy in pinball). The banter between Bowen and host kept it interesting.

Bowen was such a great hire by Spooky, not only for rules development but as one of the best ambassadors of pinball out there (probably the best?)

#10160 4 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

"BOOM"

(Only thing I don't really like on Deadpool)

#10161 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

"BOOM"
(Only thing I don't really like on Deadpool)

Maybe Rick and Morty needs a "ZAP" button so you have to hit it at completely unintuitive times to arbitrarily affect your score.

#10162 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Maybe Rick and Morty needs a "ZAP" button so you have to hit it at completely unintuitive times to arbitrarily affect your score.

Perhaps a Squantch Button located between the Coin Mechs?

#10163 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Perhaps a Squantch Button located between the Coin Mechs?

Too convenient. Let's put it on the rotating part of the topper instead.

#10164 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Bowen was such a great hire by Spooky, not only for rules development but as one of the best ambassadors of pinball out there (probably the best?)

No kidding, hope he does one of his good walkthroughs of the game for us!

#10165 4 years ago

I had a good laugh when Sally was talking about how they should make a karaoke pinball and Bowen shit that down

#10166 4 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

I had a good laugh when Sally was talking about how they should make a karaoke pinball and Bowen shit that down

I was expecting him to bust out some Janis Ian when she asked him to sing a song.

#10167 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Mostly agree, but I do enjoy it on POTC. Love seeing people drain as they greedily keeping trying to collect all the gold.

I agree, the action button on POTC is really fun because it requires you take your hand off the flipper button (for more than just a second) with the ball or balls in play.

#10168 4 years ago

Ok video mode not happening.........but what if player is monkey flipping or double flipping (not during multiball) the screen goes into Jerrys game and pops balloons with each double flip for some low score, 10pts maybe and the playfield shots score nothing. Rick can tell you to "get your head in the game Morty" or something to that effect. Might force my kid to stop doing it. Just a thought.

#10169 4 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

Ok video mode not happening.........but what if player is monkey flipping or double flipping (not during multiball) the screen goes into Jerrys game and pops balloons with each double flip for some low score, 10pts maybe and the playfield shots score nothing. Rick can tell you to get in the game or something to that effect. Might force my kid to stop doing it. Just a thought.

That would be an awesome “Don’t be a Jerry” insta-mode that makes you stop what your doung

#10170 4 years ago

Definitely seemed a pretty contractual event for Spooky yesterday. I'm really glad they knew well enough, to show some gameplay proper before heading down there.

The entire thing just seemed awkward, like not planned awkward funny either. Kinda like the Cartoon Network crew didn't really know what to say or do with this, like it interrupted their flow, and that energy collided with the folks from Spooky, not really having a lot of guidance to direct their thoughts or gameplay.

Then the chat felt pretty angsty, between disappointed and irked pinheads, and the regulars that usually hang with this crew, that felt a bit putoff or turf defensive.

Very weird event. And sadly, it doesn't necessarily really help sell games, and the regs there didn't seem too excited about pinball.

That said....definitely not what most of us were expecting, but memorable. That is for sure! And we'll get streams down the road for certain, so this added dose of weirdness, is only a net positive! And....entertaining, in a half ass bizarro kinda way.

#10171 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

definitely not what most of us were expecting

This is what I can't figure out. It was announced what show it was in advance. A cursory glance at any clips would show exactly what you saw yesterday: A daily bullshit news stream with a very loose structure. Basically a live podcast. Not along the same lines as Tim and Eric or Eric Andre.

#10172 4 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

This is what I can't figure out. It was announced what show it was in advance. A cursory glance at any clips would show exactly what you saw yesterday: A daily bullshit news stream with a very loose structure. Basically a live podcast. Not along the same lines as Tim and Eric or Eric Andre.

I didn't even really look at the link, past initially seeing it, until Eric posted it just before the stream. And I was pretty excited to watch prior, just didn't figure the show would be so loose form and such. I'd wager most people just stumbled into it similarly.

It was at least engaging, and certainly a far different reveal than on a panel at a con.

#10173 4 years ago

So just played Scott's prototype.. And even for a prototype it played phenomenal! Slightly tough, but not frustrating, and shots are NOT tight (but very satisfying). The pop bumper is not a drain monster like you might think, in fact a couple times the ball bounced off the apron and right back into play. The lighting is crazy good (especially that spotlight). I got to multiball and a few other modes. You guys are NOT going to be disappointed. Maybe I have rose colored lenses because I love this theme so much, but man it plays so great.

#10174 4 years ago

How did you find that top right flipper to left spinner loop

#10175 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

How did you find that top right flipper to left spinner loop

it was fine, made the loop a couple times. I think only once did it slow the ball down where it came back.

#10176 4 years ago

How about Bowen he's one of the best players in the world and he can't make the shot she called for.

She's like 'can you make any shot I want?'

He's like 'sure' then brick city.

(ps don't get mad, I love Bowen it's go to be tough to deal with people like that girl it'd be enough to throw anyone off their game).

#10177 4 years ago

The host of the show said she doesn't even watch Rick & Morty. :gasp: :sigh: :pitchfork:

#10178 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How about Bowen he's one of the best players in the world and he can't make the shot she called for.
(ps don't get mad, I love Bowen it's go to be tough to deal with people like that girl it'd be enough to throw anyone off their game).

Performance anxiety... lol

#10179 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

He's like 'sure' then brick city

You go on live TV/Stream and let see how many shots you make.

It’s nerve racking. No matter who you are.

rd

#10180 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You go on live TV/Stream and let see how many shots you make.
It’s nerve racking. No matter who you are.
rd

....and play while talking/answering inane questions unrelated to anything you are doing.

#10181 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm sure even Bowen has to spend some time getting familiar with shots on any game and we don't know how much time he has actually had on R&M.

#10182 4 years ago

Who are these people, and where can we find them?

9CB0C424-5335-4704-A11F-0034600B6719 (resized).jpeg9CB0C424-5335-4704-A11F-0034600B6719 (resized).jpeg
#10183 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Who are these people, and where can we find them?[quoted image]

Yo

#10184 4 years ago

Let's not propagate negativity for fucks sake

#10185 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I was a little surprised by how much people jumped on you as well. I think in general the rule is that the more something offends you, the more there might be some truth to it...so maybe you touched a nerve? I think the game looks pretty good, but I also don't think offering up some legit comments is a bad thing either. This forum has a bad tendency to get going one way or the other on a subject and shout down all other voices that don't go along with it. Frankly, so few people have played it that I don't think you can make blanket statement either way on this game yet...it's like reviewing a movie based upon the previews. Some people may think it looks awesome, some may not, but there's no reason to attack people either way.

I think you missed the point. When someone jumps in to a thread like an obnoxious asshole they’ll get treated like an obnoxious asshole.

#10186 4 years ago

I like the “squanch ball “ shooter button idea . I want one .

#10187 4 years ago

So my guess on “when do we see the first pinhead stream”...

The game yesterday was likely part of the contract for AS so they can review all video and sound and voice content. Now that they have a game, Eric will be able to feed them code updates and they will approve. Rinse and repeat.

My guess is final approvals in 1 week. With any luck, we see a stream 1 week from today?

That should also correspond with likely the first 40 games built.

In other words, I think this is the calm before the real fun begins!

#10188 4 years ago
20200207_164502 (resized).jpg20200207_164502 (resized).jpg
#10189 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Actually, he hit the right ramp instead of the standup target. Probably muscle memory avoiding the standup and nailing the ramp.

#10190 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Who are these people, and where can we find them?[quoted image]

Find them and do what!?!? Thank them for feeling free, to ideally express a view, sans judgment, and being called out on a forum?

Knock that off right there, please. People are free to vocalize their opinions and thoughts (ON A PINBALL GAME, fer cryin' outloud!) any way...they...wish, sans repercussion. I agreed with some points he made, disagreed with some others. Whoopdeedoo.

Differing views is an IDEAL, not a controversy.

#10191 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Find them and do what!?!? Thank them for feeling free, to ideally express a view, sans judgment, and being called out on a forum?
Knock that off right there, please. People are free to vocalize their opinions and thoughts (ON A PINBALL GAME, fer cryin' outloud!) any way...they...wish, sans repercussion. I agreed with some points he made, disagreed with some others. Whoopdeedoo.

I mean, there were three people that downvoted a mod locking the Club thread and TigerLaw didn't eject them from Pinside.

#10192 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Here we go, we can also tell him to get fucked

#10193 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Congratulations. Can you share your number?
Or pm it .
I need to get over to you guys soon!

400 something I think? Website was locked up for 18 minutes for us. Tried as fast as we could.

#10194 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

to ideally express a view, sans judgment

You serious? Boss_FLOG was making more judgment than Judge Judy on Mother’s Day. Expressing a list of opinions is one thing, and I agree with some of what he said, but this....

Lets just say that THEME is the ONLY reason the game will fetch 7k or 8k

If this were a non licensed theme (ie America's Most Haunted), this game would NEVER sell 200 units

that does not excuse Spooky from being willfully cheap and refusing to implement creative and value adding mechanical devices to the game.

Danesi went on to brag about having 16 opto switches in the game. WOWEEEEE!!! SWITCHES!!!!! that's what we all want more of to make our experience so much more enjoyable!!!! (sarcasm)

Why not just include a bag of opto switches for us to play with when we cant be home to play our pinball games?

I really wanted this to be Spooky's STEP UP in game design. It is not.

But, we all know, we can just buy seasons one through four to see the show and hear Rick's banter. we don't need to spend 8000 dollars to see the show and hear Rick scream at Morty.

#10195 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You serious. Boss_flog was making more judgment than Judge Judy on Mother’s Day. Expressing a list of opinions is one thing, and I agree with some of what he said, but this....

He is either pissed he didn’t get one, or is trying to get someone to bail on their spot.

#10196 4 years ago

There is a standard edition spot on eBay for sale now.

#10197 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Sounds like the perfect person to implement Jerry's Game video mode, where you press the flipper button to get points. Maybe something like the Bone Fish in Fish Tales where during gameplay balloons randomly float across the screen and you need to press the launch button for 100 points per balloon. Rick makes fun of you for doing such a mindless task for minimal points.

Jerrys game video mode would so fit the theme! Pmsl

ANYBODY can play Jerrys game, including Jerry... And Morty. There is an app available isn't there?

#10198 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Jerrys game video mode would so fit the theme!

If it plays Human Music and ends with the wind whispering "Loooooser", I will allow it.

#10199 4 years ago

Maybe when you have a game that scores below a certain threshold, it pops up and says in Rick's voice "Hey, you really suck at this... why don't you try something a little more your speed?" That would be hilarious in party / tournament settings. Could be a fun "easter egg" too if folks wanted to deliberately choke a game just to play Jerry's instead.

#10200 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Maybe when you have a game that scores below a certain threshold, it pops up and says in Rick's voice "Hey, you really suck at this... why don't you try something a little more your speed?" That would be hilarious in party / tournament settings. Could be a fun "easter egg" too if folks wanted to deliberately choke a game just to play Jerry's instead.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,500.00
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Trade
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/204?hl=onthesnap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.